(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 170.
#6751 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got a credit dot for switch 71. Anyone know what that is? It certainly doesn't seem to affect gameplay.
[quoted image]

Doesn’t that confirm the position of the diverter ? Does the diverter work ?

I’d suggest you empty all balls from the trough and see if any switches are registered then put in a ball at a time make sure they all
Work Z those opto boards are notoriously flaky .

#6752 3 years ago

I have a question about the soccer ball. When it spins in my friend's game it makes a really high pitched squeaking noise. The gear box is riveted, so I didn't want to take it apart and he didn't have any grease, so we couldn't add any lube. I'm just wondering if the squeaking is in the gearbox itself or the motor, and if we can/should lubricated it somehow.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For reference I sold mine last week for $3600. It came with a brand new set of Starship ramps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-116#post-6072679

Oh man, I can't believe you sold yours! WCS is one I refuse to let go of. I've managed to get some new pins (Tron, Metallica Prem, BKSOR Prem) the past several months thankfully, so I don't have much desire or need to sell anything of much value to chase anything else...thankfully. I did purge T2, F-14, Alien Poker, Cactus Jacks, Getaway, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, and an LE Hulk Avengers I got stupid cheap in order to make those moves. But no WCS.. not now, not ever!

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Thanks in large part to helpers here I’ve got new ramps installed, plastics, and cleaned pretty much everything as much as I could. WCS is looking great!
I do have a couple questions. I have this new plastic and no idea where it goes. Any ideas?
Also, the plastic above the lock only had one screw in the top. The bottom just kind of hanging there. I’m guessing there is some kind of post supposed to go here?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Say what to drugs? Is it yes? Please say it's yes.

#6756 3 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I have a couple of both, and they’re both good.
If you like dots, LED is an authentic dot experience. It also fits better, more akin to an original DMD. I like the brightness of it as well but that’s a personal preference.
If you prefer smoothing, tiles or the option of emulated dots in various sizes, LCD works great. If you’re really torn LCD gives you both, and that’s nice.
Here’s a video of the smoothing, I think it works particularly well on WCS...
And here is ColorDMDs trailer vid which I think they usually do in DotsXL... which is pretty close to what an LED would look like...
And here is some LED footage from TOM... I took this myself on an old iPhone so forgive the quality...

This is exactly what I came back in order to find, lmao. I was some 400 posts behind..Yikes! Funny how you guys were all talking about what was on my mind, though.

I just bought a Metallica Premium with a ColorDMD and it's huuuuge (sticks out a couple inches over the bezel). The image is smooth and I *love* it. I want to do the same thing with my WCS, I'm thinking. I KNOW WCS is awesome for ColorDMD, I'm just not completely settled on LCD vs. LED and whether or not I should go after the smoothing effects. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

#6757 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Oh man, I can't believe you sold yours! WCS is one I refuse to let go of. I've managed to get some new pins (Tron, Metallica Prem, BKSOR Prem) the past several months thankfully, so I don't have much desire or need to sell anything of much value to chase anything else...thankfully. I did purge T2, F-14, Alien Poker, Cactus Jacks, Getaway, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, and an LE Hulk Avengers I got stupid cheap in order to make those moves. But no WCS.. not now, not ever!

I had it for 5-6 years. We had our time with it. We’ve pretty much ran out of room, so games need to start rotating more often unfortunately.

#6758 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I had it for 5-6 years. We had our time with it. We’ve pretty much ran out of room, so games need to start rotating more often unfortunately.

I get it, after you master the game it probably isn't quite as entertaining. It was my original grail pin and I road tripped to Ohio to buy it..I don't think I could bare parting with it. I just dropped a decent game (especially considering ball 1 was like...19mil) after jacking up the rear levellers some more. I completely pissed away the ball after beating Germany (6-3) in the World Cup and failed against Spain in the Final Draw (horrible drain), then wasted an extra ball almost immediately. Could have been better, but I'll take that considering how I started AND finished the game.
20210325_195637 (resized).jpg20210325_195637 (resized).jpg

#6759 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well even though you don't have the table anymore, don't be a stranger in this thread!

#6760 3 years ago

Before and after. Not going to lie, I was super nervous about this, but I'm pretty happy with the results. This is a clear water slide decal boardered by a white water slide decal. I then went over it with another layer of clear. I was worried it might be too thick but this stuff so thin.

20210327_110420 (resized).jpg20210327_110420 (resized).jpg20210327_150049 (resized).jpg20210327_150049 (resized).jpg

Super hard to even tell from a players perspective. I swear the yellow looks worse on the camera then in real life.

20210327_151139 (resized).jpg20210327_151139 (resized).jpg

#6761 3 years ago

Finally cracked the 4B ceiling.

20210327_194418 (resized).jpg20210327_194418 (resized).jpg
#6762 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Before and after. Not going to lie, I was super nervous about this, but I'm pretty happy with the results. This is a clear water slide decal boardered by a white water slide decal. I then went over it with another layer of clear. I was worried it might be too thick but this stuff so thin.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Super hard to even tell from a players perspective. I swear the yellow looks worse on the camera then in real life.
[quoted image]

I think that looks great! Wisk I had that kind of skill (or stamina. LOL)

Chris

#6763 3 years ago

I think you could do it. I screwed up a bunch and just started again. I'm sure this is a technique I'll be using again. Advertising decals on the boards of my Super Chexx might be next.

#6764 3 years ago

Any suggestions on making the tv/final draw scoop easier. I swear I brick it all the time. Gotta be one of the toughest shots in pinball.

#6765 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Any suggestions on making the tv/final draw scoop easier. I swear I brick it all the time. Gotta be one of the toughest shots in pinball.

It was tight, but on mine you could backhand it too. Practice that. Also try to zero in on exactly the part of the flipper the ball needs to be at to make the scoop.

But yeah. One of the hardest direct shots ever.

#6766 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

It’s not supposed to be easy. That’s why it’s awesome.

#6767 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was tight, but on mine you could backhand it too. Practice that. Also try to zero in on exactly the part of the flipper the ball needs to be at to make the scoop.
But yeah. One of the hardest direct shots ever.

I used to be able to backhand it routinely--right off the butt-end of the right flipper. At some point that stopped working and I can't say why. Now it either hits the right slingshot or steers left of the scoop.

#6768 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I used to be able to backhand it routinely--right off the butt-end of the right flipper. At some point that stopped working and I can't say why. Now it either hits the right slingshot or steers left of the scoop.

Probably from the wear in your flipper. It’s traveling a bit higher than it used to due to the coil stop or the flipper plunger getting beaten in.

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:Any suggestions on making the tv/final draw scoop easier. I swear I brick it all the time. Gotta be one of the toughest shots in pinball.

The way my game is dialed in... If I have Final Draw lit...and if the Travel is lit also.... I can nail the spinner and have the ball scream around the orbit...hit the left sling upper post perfect enough to where is slows the ball down and arcs it perfectly into the Final Draw.

Its a thing of beauty LOL.

#6770 3 years ago

Haha. Wish mine had done that. It was middle of the sling death almost every travel.

Just played one on location that sent the travels to a safe trap on the left flipper every time. It was so easy making the final mode. Haha

#6771 3 years ago

i just bank it in off the kickback target . if i miss it still lights my kickback.

#6772 3 years ago

“Play better” - Steve Ritchie

But yeah, I brick that a bunch too lol

#6773 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

The way my game is dialed in... If I have Final Draw lit...and if the Travel is lit also.... I can nail the spinner and have the ball scream around the orbit...hit the left sling upper post perfect enough to where is slows the ball down and arcs it perfectly into the Final Draw.
Its a thing of beauty LOL.

I get this on mine every now and then...

It's one of those things that tickles the cockles! So satisfying.

On the topic of the spinner...I'd like to "juice" mine...any advice on what to use, adjustments, how to, etc.?

#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I get this on mine every now and then...
It's one of those things that tickles the cockles! So satisfying.
On the topic of the spinner...I'd like to "juice" mine...any advice on what to use, adjustments, how to, etc.?

I use this on all my spinners. After making sure the arms are nice and straight and the spinner face is not tilted too far forward or back, apply a tiny drop to each arm of the spinner with a microfiber cloth underneath and wipe off excess. Rip away!

Supco CE441 Zoom Spout Oiler White, 1.5 x 2.5 x 3.5 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DM8JK2G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_4XCQRGSVY7NNH7WC4H94

#6776 3 years ago

I am going to try one more time...On my WCS the ball spins for a short time when I light the goal but then it just stops. My understanding is the ball should spin until I complete a goal. The ball spins contstantly in the final match, which is odd, but at least that's working fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? New motor? Driver board

#6777 3 years ago

Stuck goalie switch maybe? Stuck trough switch? Run a switch edge test to see if something’s closed that shouldn’t normally be.

#6778 3 years ago
Quoted from r_geezy:

I am going to try one more time...On my WCS the ball spins for a short time when I light the goal but then it just stops. My understanding is the ball should spin until I complete a goal. The ball spins contstantly in the final match, which is odd, but at least that's working fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction? New motor? Driver board

When the ball stops.... does the game act like a goal was scored? Or does it keep playing like its waiting for you to score? Does the goalie continue to move?

#6779 3 years ago
Quoted from r_geezy:

Does it sound like the motor is still spinning but the ball isn't?

During final match the ball spins counterclockwise; so I'm wondering if the gears' teeth slip off in one direction and not the other--lesser used--direction.
If the motor keeps spinning and the ball stops; try loosening the screws that hold the ball motor in place (bottom of the playfield) by a couple turns.

#6780 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

When the ball stops.... does the game act like a goal was scored? Or does it keep playing like its waiting for you to score? Does the goalie continue to move?

The ball keeps playing waiting for the goal to be scored.

#6781 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Does it sound like the motor is still spinning but the ball isn't?
During final match the ball spins counterclockwise; so I'm wondering if the gears' teeth slip off in one direction and not the other--lesser used--direction.
If the motor keeps spinning and the ball stops; try loosening the screws that hold the ball motor in place (bottom of the playfield) by a couple turns.

It sounds like you may be onto something here. I will try this adjustment and report back.

#6782 3 years ago

I've never seen this game call out a combo and I swear I've hit 3 ways a bunch of times. What gives?

#6783 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I've never seen this game call out a combo and I swear I've hit 3 ways a bunch of times. What gives?

Which software version are you on?

#6784 3 years ago

LX-2?

20210403_090006 (resized).jpg20210403_090006 (resized).jpg
#6785 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

There are two switches there-- 77 and 76. Did you test both? I recommend checking in Switch Edges test mode, and run a ball down to make sure it's not touching both switches or is at least activating one and then the other.

Still struggling with this. All switches appear to check out fine, but consistently experiencing the issue of the game advancing to the bonus countdown, and next ball, a few moments after a ball locks.

Any other thoughts?

08C8CBFE-C84F-4CAC-9970-DCB3FC041181 (resized).jpeg08C8CBFE-C84F-4CAC-9970-DCB3FC041181 (resized).jpeg1859F4BE-C341-40D8-B861-92633B0683B9 (resized).jpeg1859F4BE-C341-40D8-B861-92633B0683B9 (resized).jpeg235F0D22-3267-4F4D-A1EB-C276BA2C425A (resized).jpeg235F0D22-3267-4F4D-A1EB-C276BA2C425A (resized).jpeg7844F241-9C67-4425-A477-29098350E7E4 (resized).jpeg7844F241-9C67-4425-A477-29098350E7E4 (resized).jpeg9ADA590E-E70F-47BB-81E3-8342AD718EC9 (resized).jpeg9ADA590E-E70F-47BB-81E3-8342AD718EC9 (resized).jpeg9CD500A5-1340-45C0-AA54-3C7589F705F8 (resized).jpeg9CD500A5-1340-45C0-AA54-3C7589F705F8 (resized).jpegAD0C966A-E46C-478E-B945-42664BA10436 (resized).jpegAD0C966A-E46C-478E-B945-42664BA10436 (resized).jpeg
#6786 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

LX-2?
[quoted image]

I’m on LX-1 and have the combo. Don’t know if this is only available in certain software versions.

#6787 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Still struggling with this. All switches appear to check out fine, but consistently experiencing the issue of the game advancing to the bonus countdown, and next ball, a few moments after a ball locks.
Any other thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Start a dedicated tech thread instead. It will get more eyes on your issue.

#6788 3 years ago

I am having an issue where as soon as I start a game and a ball loads in the trough is scores a goal and gives a skill. It is also loading 2 balls. Any suggestions?

#6789 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I am having an issue where as soon as I start a game and a ball loads in the trough is scores a goal and gives a skill. It is also loading 2 balls. Any suggestions?

Loading two balls. Replace the balls. They are probably magnetized. I suggest standard shiny balls from Titan pinball. Don’t buy super shiny balls for WCS.

#6790 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Loading two balls. Replace the balls. They are probably magnetized. I suggest standard shiny balls from Titan pinball. Don’t buy super shiny balls for WCS.

I just put in that kind of brand new balls yesterday

#6791 3 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

These sound like opto issues. It thinks you’re getting the ball in the goal once (goal) and twice (awards striker hole). Check the goal trough and goal popper optos. Also check the optos in the drain trough. Look for loose wires and clean the optos with a cotton swab and alcohol. Beyond that there might be an issue with the opto board.

Here’s a thread that might help a little https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-kicking-out-additional-balls

#6792 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

i have gotten 3 way and 5 way several times.

I believe the trick is... to start them with an empty soccer ball (the "S's")

#6793 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start a dedicated tech thread instead. It will get more eyes on your issue.

All - in the end, appears to be an opto issue - "seeing" a ball in position 4 that's not there, when a ball is in the lock! Having a guy replace the light.

New question! Anyone know the length of the 14 pin ribbon, for the dot matrix display. Think mine mine be losing connection...

#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Anyone know the length of the 14 pin ribbon, for the dot matrix display. Think mine mine be losing connection...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/5795-12838-30

#6795 3 years ago

I finally evicted all of the factory set high-scores from my table. Take that MAT!

#6796 3 years ago

Was on the fence for a long time on this. But I finally decided to go LED. The kit from Comet Pinball was great. Very easy to follow instructions and the quality seems good. They even threw in some candy. Very happy with the outcome.

IMG_2367 (resized).jpgIMG_2367 (resized).jpgIMG_2368 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_2368 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_2369 (resized).jpgIMG_2369 (resized).jpgIMG_2370 (resized).jpgIMG_2370 (resized).jpgIMG_2371 (resized).jpgIMG_2371 (resized).jpg
#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Was on the fence for a long time on this. But I finally decided to go LED. The kit from Comet Pinball was great. Very easy to follow instructions and the quality seems good. They even threw in some candy. Very happy with the outcome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Comet is the only choice for LEDs for me. Did you go with the LED flashers also? WCS94 puts on an amazing light show with Comet flashers.

#6798 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Comet is the only choice for LEDs for me. Did you go with the LED flashers also? WCS94 puts on an amazing light show with Comet flashers.

I didn't as the warning on their page was that it may be too much. I want to get one for the ultra jets insert though, that is far too dim.

#6799 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Quoted from dugmar:

I didn't as the warning on their page was that it may be too much. I want to get one for the ultra jets insert though, that is far too dim.

PFFT!! Trust me.... it looks awesome!!

#6800 3 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Now it's time to install LED OCD and GI OCD
(unless you got nonghosting bulbs)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/136?hl=thc666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.