(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 170.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Mines like a hard plastic and the ball just hits and slips on it and gets no real bonce or redirection off of it.

If you change it, hang on to your butt. It's a different game when you go from hard to soft rubber. I never even PLAYED a soft rubber version until I brought mine home. I thought the pinball was haunted, moving (spinning) on its own everywhere and getting pretty wild.

Side story: When I checked out my WCS to buy I touched the soft rubber soccer ball and asked the seller: "Shouldn't this be hard plastic?" Hahaha...he gently said "Uh, no, no it should be soft rubber. Like that" He was right.

#6602 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you change it, hang on to your butt. It's a different game when you go from hard to soft rubber. I never even PLAYED a soft rubber version until I brought mine home. I thought the pinball was haunted, moving (spinning) on its own everywhere and getting pretty wild.
Side story: When I checked out my WCS to buy I touched the soft rubber soccer ball and asked the seller: "Shouldn't this be hard plastic?" Hahaha...he gently said "Uh, no, no it should be soft rubber. Like that" He was right.

I love how live the pinball itself is. On my machine the wires are current soldered onto the motor's contacts in opposite orientation, so the ball is spinning CCW during normal play. Really shoots it at the flippers (or STTM) on the regular. I would like to wire up some sort of switch so that I can reverse it on the fly between games when I want to change it up.

#6603 3 years ago

Yay or nay ? (on the powder)

27D9EF5E-3D63-4F52-A9AA-8F2D69902354 (resized).jpeg27D9EF5E-3D63-4F52-A9AA-8F2D69902354 (resized).jpeg

#6604 3 years ago

So I got some cliffys is there any way to get them on the back saucer by the goalie without taking out the entire ramp
!

#6605 3 years ago

Nope. You could also pass on the cliffy and simply line the edge of the saucer with Mylar.

#6606 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. You could also pass on the cliffy and simply line the edge of the saucer with Mylar.

May have to doesn’t seem worth the effort ! What a pain how hard is it to get that ramp off . The person who shopped it really should have done it

#6607 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

May have to doesn’t seem worth the effort ! What a pain how hard is it to get that ramp off . The person who shopped it really should have done it

It’s definitely not a 5 minute job. Just have to take your time and lots of pictures.

#6608 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s definitely not a 5 minute job. Just have to take your time and lots of pictures.

It never is I can deal with like a hour . I got the scoop and the saucer near the scoop done easily . Shopping a Jack-bot now good practice .

#6609 3 years ago

You won’t get the ramps off and back on in an hour. Probably 2-3 hours at least.

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You won’t get the ramps off and back on in an hour. Probably 2-3 hours at least.

wow ok thanks, thats a lot of work for a cliffy!

#6611 3 years ago

I have yet to see a need for cliffys on any game. I always default to Mylar for that kind of protection.

I do love the lane guides he makes. Smooth ball transistor to the flippers is key!

#6612 3 years ago

My first thought after I installed Cliffys on my WCS: "I'm glad I don't have to do this again."

#6613 3 years ago

Man now I really want to kill the guy who shopped it LOL! The funny thing about this game is I almost bought it unshopped , but the guy then said he decided to shop it and not wait for me to decide. Then a buddy of mine ended up buying it shopped did some other nice things to it and sold it to me. Its in really nice shape, was supposedly used in an orthodontist office. Had I shopped it I would have done the cliffy, I like how the carbon ones look otherwise id just do the mylar.

But frankly I have other priorities then this if its so much trouble One day and I will clean it again and put titans in.

#6614 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Man now I really want to kill the guy who shopped it LOL! The funny thing about this game is I almost bought it unshopped , but the guy then said he decided to shop it and not wait for me to decide. Then a buddy of mine ended up buying it shopped did some other nice things to it and sold it to me. Its in really nice shape, was supposedly used in an orthodontist office. Had I shopped it I would have done the cliffy, I like how the carbon ones look otherwise id just do the mylar.
But frankly I have other priorities then this if its so much trouble One day and I will clean it again and put titans in.

Yeah, I'd wait until you need to clean/change rubbers. Don't take the whole thing apart to install a couple cliffys.

#6615 3 years ago

Thought I saw some metal rings that went in the saucer somewhere. Anyone know where to get those? Would be a lot easier to install than a cliffy.

#6616 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Thought I saw some metal rings that went in the saucer somewhere. Anyone know where to get those? Would be a lot easier to install than a cliffy.

You're right. They were alot cheaper too.
I thought Marco had them but not seeing them now.

#6618 3 years ago

Well that seems way easier ! Anyone want to buy 2 of the three carbon cliffys haha

#6619 3 years ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hi everyone I have a WCS just wondering is the spinning ball meant to be a hard plastic or a softish rubber which may help the pinball rebounds or kick off in different directions? Mines like a hard plastic and the ball just hits and slips on it and gets no real bonce or redirection off of it.
Thanks

They should soft rubber. The ones that we have are slightly grippy and you can flex them without worrying about cracks.

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

I'd say 100% not but each to their own

#6621 3 years ago

I like it!

#6622 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

I like it. The gold rails and legs work with the playfield metal hardware. But if it were my choice from a blank canvas, I prefer a satin black. Still, this looks good in my opinion.

#6623 3 years ago

Gloss black with good flake! Oh yeah....

#6624 3 years ago

These are from MMR LE was pretty reasonable price . Could have gone black but no golf flake

#6625 3 years ago

I bought a topper from Marco, but cant figure out how it attaches to the top. Right now I just have it balanced on the top. Thanks for the help

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

I bought a topper from Marco, but cant figure out how it attaches to the top. Right now I just have it balanced on the top. Thanks for the help

I went to the hardware store and purchased L shaped brackets, then riveted the topper to the L shaped brackets and screwed it to the top of the back box.

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I went to the hardware store and purchased L shaped brackets, then riveted the topper to the L shaped brackets and screwed it to the top of the back box.

This^^^
Cooorrrect!

#6628 3 years ago

Thanks in large part to helpers here I’ve got new ramps installed, plastics, and cleaned pretty much everything as much as I could. WCS is looking great!

I do have a couple questions. I have this new plastic and no idea where it goes. Any ideas?

Also, the plastic above the lock only had one screw in the top. The bottom just kind of hanging there. I’m guessing there is some kind of post supposed to go here?

7C62C8BF-9971-430A-B150-400CB6F68A4F (resized).jpeg7C62C8BF-9971-430A-B150-400CB6F68A4F (resized).jpeg7DD8A01F-A902-4643-B0F4-04FD19DA7282 (resized).jpeg7DD8A01F-A902-4643-B0F4-04FD19DA7282 (resized).jpegA1E3A974-4317-4300-8F2D-F62E00FAAB77 (resized).jpegA1E3A974-4317-4300-8F2D-F62E00FAAB77 (resized).jpeg
#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I do have a couple questions. I have this new plastic and no idea where it goes. Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Behind the coin toss to the right of the gate.

WCS-127 (resized).jpgWCS-127 (resized).jpg
#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Behind the coin toss to the right of the gate.[quoted image]

Thank you sir! Guess I’ll just leave it off for the moment. Not going to tear everything back out to put that on anytime soon

#6631 3 years ago

It's obvious that since we all own this game - we know it's great. But here is a review for those that are looking for a good game that aren't 'in the know'.

#6632 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

It's obvious that since we all own this game - we know it's great. But here is a review for those that are looking for a good game that aren't 'in the know'.

Nice review Cary. I’m happy you posted this when you did. I only have room for 3 pins. My other two right now is Deadpool, which isn’t going anywhere, and royal rumble which I have totally souped up. I was a huge wrestling fan growing up so although there are better games than WWFRR, I don’t think I am ready to love on from this one yet. I have been toying with selling WCS but there is just something to this game. It’s always enjoyable to play and never feels like a chore. Ball times can be fast and as you said, there are a few ways to approach this game. The call outs are fantastic and the pin is packed with features you don't see often in other pins which is another reason I think I enjoy it so much.

So at the end of the day I guess I need to build an addition so I can add more pins!

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

[quoted image]

Not for me. I LOVE colorful powdercoating, like the blue on Dialed In or red on AC/DC. But not a fan of any gold on a pin (including the coin toss). But it doesn't matter what I think on your pin

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Great review and nice to see you back with a new video. Curious as to why you have the Data East style pop bumper caps on this game?

#6635 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Now that I have one of my own, I don't mind the spptlight on it.

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Great review and nice to see you back with a new video. Curious as to why you have the Data East style pop bumper caps on this game?

It's been years since I put those caps on there - chances are that was the only versions available in clear at the time.

#6637 3 years ago

These pop bumper lights add to the play. I originally was going to flip this machine however find the game play and music enjoyable. Ended up changing all the plastics and ramps. Now its a keeper.

WCS94 (resized).jpgWCS94 (resized).jpg
#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

These pop bumper lights add to the play. I originally was going to flip this machine however find the game play and music enjoyable. Ended up changing all the plastics and ramps. Now its a keeper.
[quoted image]

I love the BrightMods pop bumper lighting. I have them on my Getaway & AFMr LE, and even bought them for my new Stern JP only to realize they won't work with that pin. Pinball Life was very understanding, and made the return process simple and fair.

#6639 3 years ago

Anyone else ever buy these? I just received mine and they don't fit. Notches are too close together.

20210308_101307 (resized).jpg20210308_101307 (resized).jpg20210308_101347 (resized).jpg20210308_101347 (resized).jpg
#6640 3 years ago

Anyone have a color dmd on their WCS? Trying to decide between LCD and LED and looking for first hand opinions.

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Anyone have a color dmd on their WCS? Trying to decide between LCD and LED and looking for first hand opinions.

I've got an LCD color dmd. I've had it installed for a bit over a year and have been very happy with it. Though I haven't seen an LED live (or known that's what I'm looking at) to compare.

#6642 3 years ago

I've got the led color dmd and it's great. You really can't go wrong either way. I personally prefer the led because it looks more like a traditional dmd.

#6643 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone else ever buy these? I just received mine and they don't fit. Notches are too close together. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm well that’s lame ! I just ordered them will see if I have same issue .

#6644 3 years ago

Does anyone have a 1 to 1 playfield scan? I'm mostly looking for the "Goal 1" - "Goal 4" area. If not I'll be taking my slings apart to get some good scans. I ordered the decals from Pinball Center in Germany and they are terrible. Whatever they use to cut left white around every cut. Beyond that red doesn't match and are top printed, so there is zero protection to the printing. It will be my first attempt at water slide decals, but I'm confident I can do a better job then these.

#6645 3 years ago

Don't have mine anymore but sure miss it! One of my all time favorite games along with Fish Tales. Yeah, two middle of the road games!! LOL. Both are fantastic but WCS94 is well thought out and extremely fun to play. The look of the game is wonderful as well as the layout. The other plus side is its not too expensive compared to others, making it very ideal in any game room, but especially a sports themed room like I have. Thumbs up to WCS94!!!

#6646 3 years ago

I like Fish Tales more, but yeah they are both fantastic games that aren't mode based. I have mine listed for sale, but the main reason for that is how sour I am with the pinball decals mentioned above. Maybe when I have them fixed correctly, I will change my mind.

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I like Fish Tales more, but yeah they are both fantastic games that aren't mode based.

Yeah I definitely would prefer a FT over a WCS, but since its a WCS thread I didnt want to get too into FT. Both are not considered "elite" or get the love MB, MM or AFM gets etc and I think they are just as fun, IMO of course.

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

I have a colour LCD set to "scan". Gets rid of the dots and smooths everything out.

#6649 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

I don't know it's great just purchased and will be here in next couple weeks?
His review was helpful but I'm not sure how good this will be compared to newer machines I own?
Kind of nervous and not/am looking forward to shopping this beast.
Fingers crossed for likability.

#6650 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Ummm
Didn't put 2 and 2 together to see it's your video.
Hilarious!
If I don't like it it's all your fault...

If I do thanks for leaning me in that direction.
I needed another pin like I need a hole in the head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/133?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.