(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 170.
#6451 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

For reference I sold mine last week for $3600. It came with a brand new set of Starship ramps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-116#post-6072679

Your playfield is much cleaner, but other than the things I mentioned what I saw today looks fairly comparable. Sounds like my price point is right in the ballpark.

#6453 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks from everyone's input. Just got back from looking at the game, and was able to check everything pointed out. The game needs shopped, new rings, some new LED, a few rough spots around the goalie, and the glass is scratched, but outside of that it is great shape operationally, cosmetically, and electronically.
There is a crack in the ramp (upper left by diverter), but I think a piece of clear vinyl/mylar on the bottom would suffice as a repair. My friend wanted to think about it, but on the drive home I think he talked himself into putting an offer on it. Price is set a few hundred high IMO ($4200), but based on what I see and what needs to be done I'm thinking $3,400 - $3,500 would be a fair price.

As much as I love mine, and its in very good/great shape.... I would think 4200.00 would be high in it. And I just recently tore it apart, cleaned, LED, and Titan'd it. I think you are more in the ball park at 3250-3500.
Good luck with it! Its a great game!

#6454 3 years ago

I struggled finding one for $3,500 in my area. Sales seemed to be in the $3,800 to $4,200 range. Thankfully, I found one, but it has insert wear, scoop wear, and a repaired ramp.

#6455 3 years ago

I’m kinda surprised to hear what you guys think this pin is valued at. I never thought too much about it.

I’ve been thinking of selling mine to get something newer. It’s in nice shape with Leds, titan rubbers, lighted flipper buttons, and a color dmd. No playfield wear. Soccer ball motor was replaced less than 200 plays ago. I also have a complete spare set of ramps with decals I acquired from another pinsider because he was selling them at a low price. I figured for $100 why not.

If anyone wants to make a cash offer or make a trade offer +\- cash send me a message. No shipping. Western MA area

B4B4713C-A588-4DEB-A2E5-F11CD592A7CF (resized).jpegB4B4713C-A588-4DEB-A2E5-F11CD592A7CF (resized).jpeg
#6456 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m kinda surprised to hear what you guys think this pin is valued at. I never thought too much about it.
I’ve been thinking of selling mine to get something newer. It’s in nice shape with Leds, titan rubbers, lighted flipper buttons, and a color dmd. No playfield wear. Soccer ball motor was replaced less than 200 plays ago. I also have a complete spare set of ramps with decals I acquired from another pinsider because he was selling them at a low price. I figured for $100 why not.
If anyone wants to make a cash offer or make a trade offer +\- cash send me a message. No shipping. Western MA area
[quoted image]

Great looking game! Ive been looking for those little Striker figures for mine but cant find them for a decent price.

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Great looking game! Ive been looking for those little Striker figures for mine but cant find them for a decent price.

Yeah they are pretty expensive. I was lucky and they came with the pin

#6458 3 years ago

Mattyk
Where did you get the side art?
Can't remember ever seeing that style before.

#6459 3 years ago

Thanks for everyone help. My friend made a $3400 offer and settled at $3500. Now I just need to figure out what Titan rings this baby needs and take a bulb inventory. It is already LED'd, but I noticed several playfield insert ghostings along with incandescent flashers.

#6460 3 years ago

You want incandescent flashers.

almost all the inserts are 555, same for back box. So I would go 555 heavy, buy in bulk, get non ghosting for inserts, and go sunlight or warm white everywhere.

If comet has purple passion bulbs still, those do look good in the World Cup letters.

I always go translucent Titans.

#6461 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

almost all the inserts are 555, same for back box. So I would go 555 heavy, buy in bulk, get non ghosting for inserts, and go sunlight or warm white everywhere.
If comet has purple passion bulbs still, those do look good in the World Cup letters.
I always go translucent Titans.

Thanks for all of the feedback. Personally, I prefer LED flashers for their extra bright bursts, and I buy Comet non-ghosting bulbs exclusively for all bulbs whether I really need them or not (I just like to be able to move bulbs around or from pin to pin w/o worrying if they are non-ghosting or standard).

#6462 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Mattyk

It was already installed when I got it. I really like the design

#6463 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It was already installed when I got it. I really like the design

I had a feeling you were going to say that.
Thanks anyway.

#6464 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thanks for everyone help. My friend made a $3400 offer and settled at $3500. Now I just need to figure out what Titan rings this baby needs and take a bulb inventory. It is already LED'd, but I noticed several playfield insert ghostings along with incandescent flashers.

Thats a good price for it. Congrats and welcome him to the club. I went Purple titans on mine. Looks amazing!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I dont know...... I put Comet 8smd flashers in the 4 above the playfield... and man does it put on a freaking awesome light show when you win the cup.

#6465 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I dont know...... I put Comet 8smd flashers in the 4 above the playfield... and man does it put on a freaking awesome light show when you win the cup.

The light show is awesome with incandescent flashers. LED ones make me sick.

Comet has some retro ones they just released. I might try some.

#6466 3 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Mattyk

Tilt graphics inc

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/world-cup-soccer-gameblades

#6468 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The light show is awesome with incandescent flashers. LED ones make me sick.
Comet has some retro ones they just released. I might try some.

I can understand that. Mine is right there on the border of being just too much. But I love it. LOL.

#6469 3 years ago

Anyone have spare ramps they would sell? Mine have a couple of nasty breaks.

20210130_100520 (resized).jpg20210130_100520 (resized).jpg20210130_100526 (resized).jpg20210130_100526 (resized).jpg
#6470 3 years ago

Starship fantasy has them available.

#6471 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Guy selling used ramps on ebay.

#6472 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

[quoted image]

Do you know where the pop bumper tops/lights are from? They look snazzy.

#6473 3 years ago
Quoted from InsideOutlane:

Do you know where the pop bumper tops/lights are from? They look snazzy.

Pinball Life sells them. Go to the BriteMods Store under Shop by Category. I put these in all my games. They are adjustable for brightness and steady on or sensitivity flashing. Available in different colors too.

#6474 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

Pinball Life sells them. Go to the BriteMods Store under Shop by Category. I put these in all my games. They are adjustable for brightness and steady on or sensitivity flashing. Available in different colors too.

Awesome. I will definitely order some for my game.

#6475 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I have a nice set of used ramps, I’m in Australia though so shipping won’t be cheap

#6476 3 years ago
Quoted from unlockpinball:

I have three available in the marketplace!

...but, not in colors for this game.

#6477 3 years ago

I have the ramps from my most recent refurbishment. They are dirty and cracked in places. But they are usable. I offered them for free but postage (since they need an oversized box) was over $50.

I'm located in Purcellville, VA if anyone wants them and lives close by.

IMG_8513 (resized).jpegIMG_8513 (resized).jpegIMG_8514 (resized).jpegIMG_8514 (resized).jpegIMG_8515 (resized).jpegIMG_8515 (resized).jpegIMG_8516 (resized).jpegIMG_8516 (resized).jpegIMG_8517 (resized).jpegIMG_8517 (resized).jpegIMG_8518 (resized).jpegIMG_8518 (resized).jpegIMG_8519 (resized).jpegIMG_8519 (resized).jpegIMG_8520 (resized).jpegIMG_8520 (resized).jpeg
#6478 3 years ago

I guess my ramps aren't so bad after all. Lol

#6479 3 years ago

Was in a game today and scored a 5 way combo for 30,000,000. I have heard of the 3 way combo, but had no idea there was a 5.

I cant remember the order i hit the ramps but it was right off the plunge and I completed the "soccer ball" and locked.

#6480 3 years ago

was tinkering with a few mods over the weekend

WCS w/ Flag TopperWCS w/ Flag Topper

Ordered some flags, made a flag topper of the 1994 World Cup Teams. Technically still need 3-4 countries for all of them but this this all the flags I see in the game. I also may cut the flags down 2-2.5". Its a bit tall. I may add some flashers up there tied into the game flashers too. Its a work in progress.

1994 World Cup Teams1994 World Cup Teams

Installed a green start button with a teal LED. Seemed to look better IMO with that green Extra Ball button on the other side. I know that yellow choice was just a standard Williams era button, but it seemed it was poorly trying to blend into the artwork. I almost want to put a spacer behind this and have the button sit flush mount on the cabinet instead of recessed. That would make it match the Extra Ball button.

WCS w/ Green Start ButtonWCS w/ Green Start Button

I always struggle with the color bulb caps on games. They never really feel "finished" and just look odd in a fully LED'd game. Here I feel the double yellow and red caps don't really match the corresponding game mode colors. Buy a ticket is for cities right? And city inserts are purple. So shouldn't this cap / LED be purple to tie into that game element?

Ultra Ramps light up a red insert, but otherwise the color doesn't matter too much I suppose. The graphic is orange making me think this cap / LED should be orange.

Red jackpot lights just make default sense to me in Williams games. The graphics is yellow and red so I stuck the red cap up top.

These caps / LEDs are not final. I want to find a solution that is either all caps or all LEDs that match better. Are you guys doing anything unique here?

WCS Colored Bulb CapsWCS Colored Bulb Caps

#6481 3 years ago
Quoted from Time: These caps / LEDs are not final. I want to find a solution that is either all caps or all LEDs that match better. Are you guys doing anything unique here?
[quoted image]

I’ve got yellow, teal, and passion purple. But the yellow and teal have frosted white caps. Purple is translucent purple. I stopped fooling with the bulb covers all together.

AD12E935-EEB9-4874-87B4-C37CE3AAA0BF (resized).jpegAD12E935-EEB9-4874-87B4-C37CE3AAA0BF (resized).jpeg
#6482 3 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Came across this partial set of NOS plastics left over from when when I was in the club! Game is long gone now so these can go too!
[quoted image]

I just found two of the goalie decals which are original NOS textured and I will include these with the NOS plastics(see picture in earlier post)

80695FF8-C0E1-4746-ACF1-ADCBAB71C327 (resized).jpeg80695FF8-C0E1-4746-ACF1-ADCBAB71C327 (resized).jpeg
#6483 3 years ago

Back in the club.
Imported this from Spain.
Cabinet in decent condition. Needs a good playfield clean it with new plastics. Boards are very clean. Inside the cabinet also nice.
The thing that does not please me is the situation under the playfield. A lot of corosion due to humidity.
Is there something I can do about it beide cleaning or replacing the corroded parts?

DSC_3295 (resized).JPGDSC_3295 (resized).JPGDSC_3310 (resized).JPGDSC_3310 (resized).JPGDSC_3302 (resized).JPGDSC_3302 (resized).JPGDSC_3309 (resized).JPGDSC_3309 (resized).JPGDSC_3304 (resized).JPGDSC_3304 (resized).JPGDSC_3287 (resized).JPGDSC_3287 (resized).JPG
#6484 3 years ago

I made a reverse printed US goalie on "unbreakable" PET plastic. No more damaged goalie decals!

IMG_20210129_103944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210129_103944 (resized).jpgIMG_20210129_104345 (resized).jpgIMG_20210129_104345 (resized).jpg
#6485 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Was in a game today and scored a 5 way combo for 30,000,000. I have heard of the 3 way combo, but had no idea there was a 5.
I cant remember the order i hit the ramps but it was right off the plunge and I completed the "soccer ball" and locked.

I love when "new" things like this are discovered years later; DE GNR has a bunch of hidden things (which are still being discovered today), and it makes the game all that much more fun trying to discover them.

I can only guess the 5 way was as follows:

left ramp - diverts to right flipper;
left ramp - diverts to left flipper;
right ramp - comes around to the left flipper (standard 3 way combo)

then:

right ramp again - comes around to left flipper
left ramp (backhanded) or right ramp again for the lock and 5 way?

or striker's hideout - sent to right flipper from wireform kickout;
left ramp for the 5 way and the lock?

#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I love when "new" things like this are discovered years later; DE GNR has a bunch of hidden things (which are still being discovered today), and it makes the game all that much more fun trying to discover them.
I can only guess the 5 way was as follows:
left ramp - diverts to right flipper;
left ramp - diverts to left flipper;
right ramp - comes around to the left flipper (standard 3 way combo)
then:
right ramp again - comes around to left flipper
left ramp (backhanded) or right ramp again for the lock and 5 way?
or striker's hideout - sent to right flipper from wireform kickout;
left ramp for the 5 way and the lock?

I dont know if I was more amazed at the combo award.... or the fact that I hit 5 ramps in a row like a boss LOL. I have yet to repeat it, and not for a lack of trying.

It definitely did not end with the stricker shot. I know I locked a ball on the 5th ramp.

#6487 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

A lot of corosion due to humidity.
Is there something I can do about it beide cleaning or replacing the corroded parts?

You can use a tumbler. The parts will be as new.
https://www.flippers.be/tumblers.html

#6488 3 years ago

Anyone have a trick on getting the ball into the cointoss gate closest to the plunger? I can easily get it into the top two, but I have played dozens of games and can't for the life of me get it into the one closest to the plunger.

#6489 3 years ago
Quoted from Kaps:

Anyone have a trick on getting the ball into the cointoss gate closest to the plunger? I can easily get it into the top two, but I have played dozens of games and can't for the life of me get it into the one closest to the plunger.

It should go there on a full plunge. If not, then replace the plunger coil and sleeve. Make sure it’s the right strength of the coil.

#6490 3 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

It should go there on a full plunge. If not, then replace the plunger coil and sleeve. Make sure it’s the right strength of the coil.

Are these what you’re talking about?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7066

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4219.1

#6492 3 years ago

Hi everyone, picked up a world cup last weekend! very excited about owning this game (its my second pin). my excitement unfortunately faded a little tonight as it appears to have some issues (not sure if I got duped or its related to transporting it).My problem started when the game reset on me yesterday in the middle of a game after running all week without issue (probably played 40 games between my son and I without issue). I played the rest of the night and it ran flawlessly so I shrugged it off and hoped it was just a random glitch. unfortunately tonight it only lasted a couple of games and reset again... then again and now I'm lucky if I get through my first ball. does any one have any idea where I should start with trouble shooting my issue? the only thing I've changed since I got it home was to put it into freeplay I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the issue. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

#6493 3 years ago
Quoted from steveontilt:

Hi everyone, picked up a world cup last weekend! very excited about owning this game (its my second pin). my excitement unfortunately faded a little tonight as it appears to have some issues (not sure if I got duped or its related to transporting it).My problem started when the game reset on me yesterday in the middle of a game after running all week without issue (probably played 40 games between my son and I without issue). I played the rest of the night and it ran flawlessly so I shrugged it off and hoped it was just a random glitch. unfortunately tonight it only lasted a couple of games and reset again... then again and now I'm lucky if I get through my first ball. does any one have any idea where I should start with trouble shooting my issue? the only thing I've changed since I got it home was to put it into freeplay I'm assuming this has nothing to do with the issue. any help or direction would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Resets are a very common issue with WPC games. Quite often it is caused by corrosion on the contacts between the power board and the cpu board, causing a slight voltage drop which will reset the cpu.

Try to re-seat the connectors between the power board and the cpu board (both ends). You might need to replace the connectors and headers.

#6494 3 years ago
Quoted from steveontilt:

As RonaldRayGun said it might be a connector. It could have come loose during transport. I would go through and unplug and replug all the connectors. Remember to pull the connector straight out best you can so you don’t damage the header pins

#6495 3 years ago
Quoted from Kaps:

The plunger spring is supposed to be the green "medium tension" spring part number 10-148-4
I had the same issue as you. I replaced with the blue "high tension" spring (the next step up) part number 10-148-3. This solved my issue.

#6496 3 years ago

RonaldRayGun Mattyk thankyou for your help, tried the connections this morning unfortunately no luck. So I removed the board to have a closer look at it unfortunately it appears someone has been doing repairs I'll attach some pic's ... is this as bad as it looks?

pic1 (resized).jpgpic1 (resized).jpgpic2 (resized).jpgpic2 (resized).jpgpic3 (resized).jpgpic3 (resized).jpgpic4 (resized).jpgpic4 (resized).jpg
#6497 3 years ago

Helping my new WCS owner friend shop his pin and replace a few things. I know the game has 3 flipper buttons (2 yellow and 1 red), and I was going to have him order some new ones as the old ones look OEM and are a little nasty. Anyway, I found some buttons in my pinball stash from when I replaced them with clear LED lit ones, but my yellows don't have springs in them. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the stock WCS buttons have springs or not. I think I recall that the yellow buttons don't use leaf switches but the red does? Regardless, I just want to see if my buttons will work so I can just give them to him. At worse, I imagine I could take the old springs out of his yellow buttons and put them in my new buttons if needed.

#6498 3 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

My playfield unfortunately has some planking on the in lanes. I know CPR are planning to do WCS94 playfields at some point, but wondering if anyone had a NOS or really nice WCS playfield the would be prepared to sell.
Thanks

no they will never make the playfield the license will never be uptained or given by fifa ... ask all playfieldmakers

#6499 3 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

The thing that does not please me is the situation under the playfield. A lot of corosion due to humidity.

I'm no playfield genius but with that much rust/corrosion UNDER the playfield, how's the topside? I'd only imagine it'd be super rough with that much moisture floating around at one point.

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Helping my new WCS owner friend shop his pin and replace a few things. I know the game has 3 flipper buttons (2 yellow and 1 red), and I was going to have him order some new ones as the old ones look OEM and are a little nasty. Anyway, I found some buttons in my pinball stash from when I replaced them with clear LED lit ones, but my yellows don't have springs in them. Therefore, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the stock WCS buttons have springs or not. I think I recall that the yellow buttons don't use leaf switches but the red does? Regardless, I just want to see if my buttons will work so I can just give them to him. At worse, I imagine I could take the old springs out of his yellow buttons and put them in my new buttons if needed.

Magnet button has a leaf switch.

Flipper buttons are optos. Any of them should work with a button with the spring or without the spring I believe. There’s tension with a left switch or the opto setup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Manalapan, FL
$ 35.00
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/130?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.