(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 170.
#6401 3 years ago

Does anyone happen to have the inserts circled in blue that they would be willing to sell. I purchased a WCS and several of the inserts have issues.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6402 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Or maybe it's supposed to be angled? Either way I the taller post is still too short to get a hex nut on.
It barely reaches the bottom of the plastic.
[quoted image]

Mine sits like a hammock and I think I even left the nut off the center of it because I don’t want to break the plastic.

#6403 3 years ago

That's how mine was but it slid up against the ball and now there is a line on it. Oh well. I did manage to get the hex nut on but really had to bend the plastic and was afraid it would break. Weird design.

#6404 3 years ago

Mine doesn’t touch the ball. Maybe these will help. Looks like I did put a cap on that post eventually.

577A3B51-04F5-44A0-8A17-BC6BC978A935 (resized).jpeg577A3B51-04F5-44A0-8A17-BC6BC978A935 (resized).jpegBCE8783D-52C4-4D85-B355-07579C492A4A (resized).jpegBCE8783D-52C4-4D85-B355-07579C492A4A (resized).jpeg
#6405 3 years ago

Thanks. You can't see the bend in pictures so I thought it was supposed to be flat somehow.

#6406 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Thanks. You can't see the bend in pictures so I thought it was supposed to be flat somehow.

Yeah there's supposed to be a fairly significant bend

#6407 3 years ago

So my ramp diverter doesn't wan't to stay open. It opens all of the way and then kinda drifts half closed which can block shots. Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

#6408 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

So my ramp diverter doesn't wan't to stay open. It opens all of the way and then kinda drifts half closed which can block shots. Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

Have you checked the spring and arm thats on the coil

#6409 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Have you checked the spring and arm thats on the coil

Yeah. I don't have any parts but I took it apart and cleaned the plunger and coil sleeve. It didn't help.

#6410 3 years ago

I see. It has the spring that is on the plunger but is missing the one that attaches to the back. Didn't realize there were 2.

#6411 3 years ago

Joined the WCS Club last night. Looking into mods. Will be installing some cliffy's after I finished up work on my SF2.

Quick question guys - Do your soccer balls make a lot of noise when spinning? I can pretty clearly hear it through the glass. Not sure if its an alignment thing or if they're just noisy.

#6412 3 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Joined the WCS Club last night. Looking into mods. Will be installing some cliffy's after I finished up work on my SF2.
Quick question guys - Do your soccer balls make a lot of noise when spinning? I can pretty clearly hear it through the glass. Not sure if its an alignment thing or if they're just noisy.

Very noisy. Things I’ve tried include loosening the two screws holding the motor a bit. Just make sure they aren’t super tight. I also tried removing the motor and shooting a small amount of white lithium grease into the gearbox. If you find a better way let us know.

Bottom line it’s noisy and I can’t wait to score a goal to quiet it down.

Funny though. A couple of times the noise of the ball quieted almost completely down and I know for a fact the motor was still working. Then it went back to normal noisy.

#6413 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Very noisy. Things I’ve tried include loosening the two screws holding the motor a bit. Just make sure they aren’t super tight. I also tried removing the motor and shooting a small amount of white lithium grease into the gearbox. If you find a better way let us know.
Bottom line it’s noisy and I can’t wait to score a goal to quiet it down.
Funny though. A couple of times the noise of the ball quieted almost completely down and I know for a fact the motor was still working. Then it went back to normal noisy.

This. It's the one beef I have with the game really. Super noisy on my machine too.

Chris

#6414 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

OK, as i manage to beat Germany at 2.5B, I was thinking it was OK, but I definitively can't shoot as said.
What would be my first option, as both are weak?
All other mech are working fine. Is there a testing point to reach in order to verify my voltage? Or fliptronic boards are the way to go?

So this started happening to me with weak flippers. It was internittent at first, but it's almost unplayable now. Especially during multi-ball as the a "shot" will only go 1/2 up the playfield. I was told the flippers were rebuilt and I bought it from a pretty reputable company. I did work on it recently with installing cliffys. Could i have disconnected something? Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks all.

#6415 3 years ago
Quoted from JPKnapp:

So this started happening to me with weak flippers. It was internittent at first, but it's almost unplayable now. Especially during multi-ball as the a "shot" will only go 1/2 up the playfield. I was told the flippers were rebuilt and I bought it from a pretty reputable company. I did work on it recently with installing cliffys. Could i have disconnected something? Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks all.

Are you talking about weak flippers? That happened to one of my flippers whenever the big rubber soccer ball was spinning. With the ball motor unplugged, the flipper would work fine. Someone pointed me to the flipper button optos going bad. I'm not sure I ever understood why, but I replaced the opto board for the offending flipper and all was fixed. Flipper fires normal at all times now (I also replaced the other flipper button opto board too, as a preventative measure). Marco sells them (https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-20207-P). They aren't too expensive and might be worth a try.

#6416 3 years ago

Quick note for anyone thinking of installing the pinstadiums, they make a monumental difference... have a look.

wc94after (resized).jpgwc94after (resized).jpgwc94before (resized).jpgwc94before (resized).jpg
#6417 3 years ago

Are those the Neo? How's the clearance with the Coin Toss? Do you really have to use Wifi with Pin Stadium? I'm really not interested in connecting random devices to my home network.

#6418 3 years ago

You have to cut a section of the cover that over hangs the lights, but it fits fine.

#6419 3 years ago

This keeps happening and it's driving me crazy! Had to snip off part of the rubber.
20210124_110844 (resized).jpg20210124_110844 (resized).jpg

#6420 3 years ago

Adjust the apron or just take off the rubber. No idea why it’s there anyway.

#6421 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

This keeps happening and it's driving me crazy! Had to snip off part of the rubber.
[quoted image]

Make sure the rubber is the correct size. Or just take it off like chuckwurt said.

#6422 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

[quoted image]

Might be the wrong size rubber like some have said. I didn’t remember one there so I had to look at mine. Guess someone removed it at some point and when I shopped it out didn’t think twice about it. LOL

#6423 3 years ago

I dont have the rubber and my apron is slightly more back

16115172956702869191180553924669 (resized).jpg16115172956702869191180553924669 (resized).jpg
#6424 3 years ago

i havnt 1 either ,,,will need to check manual cant understand the need for 1

#6425 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

[quoted image]

Looks like your apron needs to be back towards the front more.

Here is mine and I have no clearance issues.

D3C75D25-C900-4D8E-BAC8-11B63DD4EA09 (resized).jpegD3C75D25-C900-4D8E-BAC8-11B63DD4EA09 (resized).jpeg
#6426 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

[quoted image]

Yep, adjust your apron.
It ain't quite right.

#6427 3 years ago

It finally happened . I broke a plastic during game play.

I have a piece of packing tape on it for now to hold it in place.

Anyone have one of these? New or used uncracked?

01027905-8F5D-469F-9503-B987C1B10698 (resized).jpeg01027905-8F5D-469F-9503-B987C1B10698 (resized).jpeg
#6428 3 years ago

Is there any place that has the soccer ball in stock? Thanks.

#6429 3 years ago
Quoted from Chrlbrwn88:

Is there any place that has the soccer ball in stock? Thanks.

https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=164

I got one from here. Not a whole lot of order confirmation but it did arrive quickly and fit well.

#6430 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

https://www.pinballinc.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=164
I got one from here. Not a whole lot of order confirmation but it did arrive quickly and fit well.

Appreciate it.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Anyone have one of these? New or used uncracked?[quoted image]

I buy the plastic protectors from

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/WCS_Page.html

Look at the plastic protector set for $35. I use these on all my games. Usually I can get these sets from pinball decals or pinbits.com.

I have that plastic since I refurbished my game and put in new ones and the protectors. If you want this, email your address and I will send it to you.
IMG_8836 (resized).jpgIMG_8836 (resized).jpg

#6432 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Anyone have one of these? New or used uncracked?[quoted image]

I have a near new one but live in Australia so shipping will cost more. PM me if interested

#6433 3 years ago

After 1 year I'm back in the club.
My son of 6 years and I missed the game a lot.
Happy to find this limited edition: World cup soccer 94 High Speed edition

Need to clean the playfield, replace bumpers, maybe new plastics, new rubbers and maybe some new layers of clearcoat. Under the playfield is everything new and cabinet in very good condition. Will install also sunlight white comet leds.

IMG-20201222-WA0014 (resized).jpgIMG-20201222-WA0014 (resized).jpgIMG-20201228-WA0006 (resized).jpgIMG-20201228-WA0006 (resized).jpg
#6434 3 years ago

Tearing this dog down. Anyone know where I can get a new plastic set?

DA5DB120-ABAE-4346-ABCC-E78E55C119B7 (resized).jpegDA5DB120-ABAE-4346-ABCC-E78E55C119B7 (resized).jpeg
#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Tearing this dog down. Anyone know where I can get a new plastic set?[quoted image]

I got mine from Marco a few months back, but it looks like they are out of stock now. Same thing with the spinning ball. IIRC, they were backordered for a while but a shipment came in (then apparently sold out again). You might try calling them and ask if they can give you a better idea of when they'll have the parts in stock again.

#6437 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Tearing this dog down. Anyone know where I can get a new plastic set?[quoted image]

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/wcs94/

#6438 3 years ago

Anyone know where I can get a diverter ?

#6439 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

We still have a few left!

Ordered. Thank you.

#6440 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I bought my complete set from

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-plastics/wcs94/

Other sets cost more and had less parts.

This set has all the clear plastics including 4 disks and coin toss with wording on it (plus a clear plastic that is not part of the set that no one can identify).

Basically count the number of plastics here and you’ll see it is more than other kits for less money. With this kit you don’t need to buy clear plastics.

But as I noted in a prior post, you should buy a plastic protector kit from pinballdecals.com

#6441 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Thank you. Ordered

#6442 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballInc:

Shipping confirmation 45 minutes after placing order. Delivered today. Thanks again.

#6443 3 years ago

I’m an experienced pinball owner, and I’m going with a friend tomorrow to evaluate a WCS. What specifics should I test and look for on this pin?

#6444 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I’m an experienced pinball owner, and I’m going with a friend tomorrow to evaluate a WCS. What specifics should I test and look for on this pin?

Motor for goalie moving right and left
motor to spin ball
soccer ball will probably be worn and need to be replaced
broken plastics at slings, Header plastic around the pop bumper, long plastic to the right of the left ramp. Plastics protectors will be a good addition for this game.
When the ball goes into the top hole to the left of the goalie, you hit a flipper to send the ball to the goal. It should be strong enough to go there.
Magnets at left lock and second button on left as a magna save.
Once your friend gets the game, I would add fish paper inside the opto switches to the left and right of the entry coin toss mech to ensure they never short against the metal cover. I have never seen a game with this protection, but hopefully it is in most games.
Of course, battery corrosion on the MPU so switches are not affected.
Ramps are usually cracked at entrance and between the top and bottom sections on the right.

#6445 3 years ago

Came across this partial set of NOS plastics left over from when when I was in the club! Game is long gone now so these can go too!

40C6A781-6009-48C3-8561-A00C66E9F309 (resized).jpeg40C6A781-6009-48C3-8561-A00C66E9F309 (resized).jpeg
#6446 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

motor to spin ball
broken plastics at slings, Header plastic around the pop bumper, long plastic to the right of the left ramp. Plastics protectors will be a good addition for this game.
When the ball goes into the top hole to the left of the goalie, you hit a flipper to send the ball to the goal. It should be strong enough to go there.
Once your friend gets the game, I would add fish paper inside the opto switches to the left and right of the entry coin toss mech to ensure they never short against the metal cover. I have never seen a game with this protection, but hopefully it is in most games.
Ramps are usually cracked at entrance and between the top and bottom sections on the right.

Excellent, thank you.

#6447 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Excellent, thank you.

If the goal is lit, the goalie and the soccer ball should be running. If in MB, the soccer ball should be running. Outside of that, they won’t be moving.

#6448 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

motor to spin ball

Dont forget to also check the diverter on the left ramp.

#6449 3 years ago

Thanks from everyone's input. Just got back from looking at the game, and was able to check everything pointed out. The game needs shopped, new rings, some new LED, a few rough spots around the goalie, and the glass is scratched, but outside of that it is great shape operationally, cosmetically, and electronically.

There is a crack in the ramp (upper left by diverter), but I think a piece of clear vinyl/mylar on the bottom would suffice as a repair. My friend wanted to think about it, but on the drive home I think he talked himself into putting an offer on it. Price is set a few hundred high IMO ($4200), but based on what I see and what needs to be done I'm thinking $3,400 - $3,500 would be a fair price.

#6450 3 years ago

For reference I sold mine last week for $3600. It came with a brand new set of Starship ramps.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-world-cup-soccer-116#post-6072679

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Inver Grove Heights, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.