(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 170.
#6251 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Have a bit of wear at the skill shot/coins toss drop location. Are there protectors, or repairs, for this area?
[quoted image]

I have the same wear. I bought the cliffy protectors but haven’t installed yet. Wondering if we need to repair the wood first with wood putty before installing. Not sure if the cliffy will bend out of shape if wood is not repaired first

#6252 3 years ago

I just addressed this same issue in the game I’m restoring. I cleaned up the area, didn’t feel like I needed to do any filler. Cliffs filled it in fine. Before/after pics:

6461C207-5B36-4381-BFA6-B44B6D945186 (resized).jpeg6461C207-5B36-4381-BFA6-B44B6D945186 (resized).jpegF09DF12C-EFD7-4FC1-A5BB-B67C067FD4AA (resized).jpegF09DF12C-EFD7-4FC1-A5BB-B67C067FD4AA (resized).jpeg
#6253 3 years ago

Thanks all! Will order a protector this week!

One more question. Where does everyone buy replacement balls? Mine are starting to show some signs of aging.

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Thanks all! Will order a protector this week!
One more question. Where does everyone buy replacement balls? Mine are starting to show some signs of aging.

Ball Baron. You want the Polaris version as their is a magnet in use on WCS:

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#6255 3 years ago

Oh wow - had no idea about the difference between Polaris/Carbon and Ninja/Chrome. Thank you!

#6256 3 years ago

Last question for the day, friends! Where do folks buy new rubbers?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Oh wow - had no idea about the difference between Polaris/Carbon and Ninja/Chrome. Thank you!

All their balls eventually magnetize. Titan pinball standard balls never do.

#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

[quoted image]

I think those are just standard post sleeves.

#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

[quoted image]

Super Bands (trademark)
They are Polyurethane Rubbers.
You never have to change them.
Just clean them every service routine

#6260 3 years ago

Thanks all! Looks like there are several options for non-magnetized balls.

Anyone know the size/height for the post sleeves by the goal?

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

[quoted image]

https://www.titanpinball.com/

#6262 3 years ago

Titan for the win. Plain old rubbers for the win, too. Superbands and puke-worthy as far as ball handling goes.

#6263 3 years ago

My clearcoated playfield is ready to start populating! I love how all the scoops have been repaired
Now do I spend $1300 on the CPR backglass and new ramps? Yes it’s $1300 for those 2 items here

73E59ED5-D972-49AF-96D4-5DC3DD06B554 (resized).jpeg73E59ED5-D972-49AF-96D4-5DC3DD06B554 (resized).jpeg
#6264 3 years ago

Strongly recommend incandescent flashers.

I would put a new coil and sleeve on the kick back too.

New ramps and backglass aren’t a horrible idea either!

I’m sure once done you’ll get top dollar for that game when you go to sell it. Might as well take it all the way!

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

My clearcoated playfield is ready to start populating! I love how all the scoops have been repaired
Now do I spend $1300 on the CPR backglass and new ramps? Yes it’s $1300 for those 2 items here
[quoted image]

Yes, get new ramps and sell me yours Who did the clearcoat? Looks great.

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

new ramps are amazing, it such a big part of the game, having nice new clear ones make a huge difference!

#6267 3 years ago

Has anyone used both the Mantis and Cliffs protectors together?

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

[quoted image]

Ain't that a beauty!

#6269 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Strongly recommend incandescent flashers.
I would put a new coil and sleeve on the kick back too.
New ramps and backglass aren’t a horrible idea either!
I’m sure once done you’ll get top dollar for that game when you go to sell it. Might as well take it all the way!

Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Yes, get new ramps and sell me yours Who did the clearcoat? Looks great.

Did we discuss selling you the old ramps already? Geoff at Pinball Perfection did the clear
Think I will do the kickback too lol

#6270 3 years ago

I think i is about to expire on mine. Gonna put it up for sale or trade. Great game. All it lacks is depth. It has every other quality you want in a game.

#6271 3 years ago

Does anyone what the correct part or screw size is for the 4 bolts holding the long right ramp together - the ones that go into the metal plate?

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Did we discuss selling you the old ramps already? Geoff at Pinball Perfection did the clear
Think I will do the kickback too lol

Ahh very good, Geoff's a champ! Yep we spoke re ramps. Replied on AA re LEDs also.

#6273 3 years ago

Any news on CPR's WCS playfield. I have been looking for a better playfield for mine for ages.

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Has anyone used both the Mantis and Cliffs protectors together?

I have both. I do have clear silicone holding the Mantis scoops down. It's overkill for home use but I enjoy having that extra protection.

#6275 3 years ago

This is a question for anyone who has installed a new CPR mirrored backglass in a WCS - can you reuse the existing trim from the translite or did you buy a new trim set? I searched this thread but didn’t see what people used for the install.

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

This is a question for anyone who has installed a new CPR mirrored backglass in a WCS - can you reuse the existing trim from the translite or did you buy a new trim set? I searched this thread but didn’t see what people used for the install.

I reused the existing trim, but may have added some electrical tape to keep it snug.

#6277 3 years ago

Joined the club this week and couldn't be happier. I have one question, please.

The post down the right side drain looks like it's movable. I lose a TON of balls down there and I'm hoping to set it to something a bit more fair. is this movable and can you send me a picture of how it should look?

Also, where do I get a color DMD? I saw someone had one and I need to get it.

#6278 3 years ago

Google color dmd. They have a website.

That post is movable. There’s a nut underneath the playfield that you take off and allows you to move that post.

#6279 3 years ago

Well, it's always something. Hoping someone can suggest something to look at for this one.

Yesteday I noticed my WCS lock magnet was not grabbing the ball to catch it for the lock. After a bit of digging I found that fuse F904 on the fliptronics board was blown. Replaced that, magnet worked in test mode - great.

Played a game and for the first multiball the magnet activated and grabbed the ball - even better! Second multiball, no magnet! I looked back and F904 was blown again. If I replace it, the magnet works in coil test and doesn't blow the fuse, but seems to blow it after one activation during game play.

I've got 4.8 ohms on the magnet, and I get the same reading at the magna-save magnet, so I THINK the magnet is good?

Any thoughts on where to check next would be greatly appreciated!

#6280 3 years ago

Does the magnet have a transistor that drives it? I would test that next.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the magnet have a transistor that drives it? I would test that next.

On the fliptronics board. I swapped the board with a good one from another game and the fuse isn't blowing so I'm thinking you're right! I'll test those and see what we get.

#6282 3 years ago

Spent all day today tearing mine down and deep cleaning. New LEDs and Titans as well.

But now I’m having issues with the flashers and the “assist” kickout

#6283 3 years ago

I just joined the club and needed a new soccer ball motor. I picked one up from Marco, however it is extremely loud. I've seen suggestions of applying white lithium grease and 3in1 oil to the gearbox, but I have done so and it does not seem to have made a difference. Has anyone had success getting their ball motor to be less loud?

#6284 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

Has anyone had success getting their ball motor to be less loud?

Just in case it helps, see the last post in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-ball-squealwhine-noise

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from frisbez:

I just joined the club and needed a new soccer ball motor. I picked one up from Marco, however it is extremely loud. I've seen suggestions of applying white lithium grease and 3in1 oil to the gearbox, but I have done so and it does not seem to have made a difference. Has anyone had success getting their ball motor to be less loud?

A little white lithium grease in the hole where the motor goes. Not too much! Also loosen the two philips head screws a bit that hold the motor in. I found that helped

#6286 3 years ago

As I'm nearing completion of my WCS restoration project, I'm trying to watch for any final issues to pop up. Well, I believe I have found one. On seemingly rare, sporadic occasions, I have noticed that both flippers stop working as well as the DMD goes blank. Everything still functions and after a few seconds, the DMD and flippers come back to life as if nothing happened. It seems that every time it's happened, it was in the middle of multiball. At first, I thought it was something normal going on with the game (I'm still learning the in's and out's of this game) but it seems pretty clear now that it's not normal. I think I've seen it happen 4 or 5 times over the past 2-3 weeks or so while it's been back to a playable state.

So, my guess is that something is failing and is surfacing especially when seeing a little heavier stress during multiball (thinking of all the high frequency of flipper hits, solenoid activations, etc...). The DMD is a color LCD unit that was installed by someone prior to me restoring this game. I believe that all of the capacitors and bridge rectifiers on the power driver board are original. Without any real diagnostics (yet), my gut feeling is that it's probably a cap causing the issue. If not that, could a BR even cause a behavior like this? I had a BR fail on my Getaway earlier this year and the game wouldn't boot (i.e. it wasn't an intermittent failure; it flat out died). If not a cap or BR, I guess it's possible that a connection is loose, but the way it behaves is if it just gets tired, stops working, then if I leave it alone it returns to normal after a few seconds.

Thoughts?

Seems like those 15000uF caps are out of stock at Great Plains, Digikey, Mouser... looks like Marco has them though (double the price, unfortunately). I'm planning on at least replacing the caps first but wanted to get thoughts from others of what else could cause this behavior.

And here's a random restoration pic for fun.
LeeBohonIMG_1253 (resized).jpgLeeBohonIMG_1253 (resized).jpg

#6287 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

As I'm nearing completion of my WCS restoration project, I'm trying to watch for any final issues to pop up. Well, I believe I have found one. On seemingly rare, sporadic occasions, I have noticed that both flippers stop working as well as the DMD goes blank. Everything still functions and after a few seconds, the DMD and flippers come back to life as if nothing happened. It seems that every time it's happened, it was in the middle of multiball. At first, I thought it was something normal going on with the game (I'm still learning the in's and out's of this game) but it seems pretty clear now that it's not normal. I think I've seen it happen 4 or 5 times over the past 2-3 weeks or so while it's been back to a playable state.
So, my guess is that something is failing and is surfacing especially when seeing a little heavier stress during multiball (thinking of all the high frequency of flipper hits, solenoid activations, etc...). The DMD is a color LCD unit that was installed by someone prior to me restoring this game. I believe that all of the capacitors and bridge rectifiers on the power driver board are original. Without any real diagnostics (yet), my gut feeling is that it's probably a cap causing the issue. If not that, could a BR even cause a behavior like this? I had a BR fail on my Getaway earlier this year and the game wouldn't boot (i.e. it wasn't an intermittent failure; it flat out died). If not a cap or BR, I guess it's possible that a connection is loose, but the way it behaves is if it just gets tired, stops working, then if I leave it alone it returns to normal after a few seconds.
Thoughts?
Seems like those 15000uF caps are out of stock at Great Plains, Digikey, Mouser... looks like Marco has them though (double the price, unfortunately). I'm planning on at least replacing the caps first but wanted to get thoughts from others of what else could cause this behavior.
[quoted image]

Did you use a blue led to make the lock shot green?

#6288 3 years ago

Disabling the Credit POP. This always scares the hell out of me. How do i go about disconnecting it? Thanks all.

Added over 3 years ago:

Can someone help me disable the knocker on this game? I can't find the setting. Thanks!

#6289 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Did you use a blue led to make the lock shot green?

Nah, I have green LEDs under the two 'lock' inserts. I did use a blue LED in the 'TV award' along with an extra socket (w/ a blue LED) inside the scoop. Natural white for 'Final draw', also with an extra socket/white LED in the scoop. Basically any time the blue TV award is lit, the scoop is blue; anytime the white final draw is lit, the scoop is white.

Here's a quick video:

#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Thoughts?
[quoted image]

It seems you have a ball stuck in the middle of the playfield lol

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It seems you have a ball stuck in the middle of the playfield lol

Yeah, it's a tough one to clear out.

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from rlbohon3:

Basically any time the blue TV award is lit, the scoop is blue; anytime the white final draw is lit, the scoop is white.

Great idea! I might have to look into doing that with mine. Do you have a pics on how you mounted the sockets?

#6293 3 years ago

Finally got mine all cleaned up and pretty and of course.... this happens....
goalie bad (resized).JPGgoalie bad (resized).JPG
goalie bad 2 (resized).JPGgoalie bad 2 (resized).JPG

Has anyone ordered and installed this....?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-9134.1

Im just worried because its plastic and not the "rubber" that the original is. Wonder if it will be able to take alot of hits over time.

On a good note.... I was able to fix my Assist kickout saucer by replacing the eject shield. Kicks out perfectly into the goal now (fingers crossed).
broken parts (resized).JPGbroken parts (resized).JPG

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Im just worried because its plastic and not the "rubber" that the original is. Wonder if it will be able to take alot of hits over time.

The Marco one might actually hold up better cause my game is a low played HUO game and the original goalie broke just like yours. So for sure, whatever material Williams was using to make it, will get brittle and break.

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

The plastics kit I got from Marco includes a plastic goalie (just like that one you linked, but pre-printed like the other plastics); actually it came with two - I'm assuming the extra is to replace the plastic one if/when it breaks over time. I guess time will tell as to how well it holds up.

Quoted from Ceckitti:

Great idea! I might have to look into doing that with mine. Do you have a pics on how you mounted the sockets?

Sure thing. Not the easiest to see, but I just piggy backed a couple sockets off the existing ones. Note the red and yellow wires, coming from each existing socket to the new ones.

60983E72-F9DC-4E18-98D3-6740D4530DDB (resized).jpeg60983E72-F9DC-4E18-98D3-6740D4530DDB (resized).jpeg
#6296 3 years ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

The Marco one might actually hold up better cause my game is a low played HUO game and the original goalie broke just like yours. So for sure, whatever material Williams was using to make it, will get brittle and break.

I see what you are saying.... but it took 26 years for this one to break.... And the rubber still has some flex to it. Not alot, but decent.

I just have to think that something more rubber will take the impact better than plastic will. But again.... like you said....a game that is in the home wont get the punishment that a street game would.

Luckily the price isnt too bad, so if it does break i guess you are not out much.

#6297 3 years ago

I have the plastic goalie
Holding up and stopping balls
Making magnificent safes

#6298 3 years ago

My goalie broke just the same way. I actually fixed it with some strapping tape as a temp fix a couple years ago and it’s held up ever since. I have a new one about to go on tho.

#6299 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Making magnificent safes

I know, right? Mine's an amazing goalie.

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

I know, right? Mine's an amazing goalie.

Some people even claim that he's unbeatable!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/126?hl=keeperusa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.