(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 170.
#6151 3 years ago

Anybody have a WCS playfield they would sell?

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from InsideOutlane:

Now that everyone is showing off their World Cup 94 merch

Is it time to show off ? look at my cool cans
coke (resized).JPGcoke (resized).JPG

#6153 3 years ago

I have a striker and some wc94 Dutch team players as a topper
In the backglass i have an wc card with autograph from Ruud Gullit
A Fifa 94 knvb Dutchy the lion mascot and two strikers at the entry of the ramps

20201025_094819 (resized).jpg20201025_094819 (resized).jpg20201025_094827 (resized).jpg20201025_094827 (resized).jpg20201025_094836 (resized).jpg20201025_094836 (resized).jpg20201025_094843 (resized).jpg20201025_094843 (resized).jpg

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

A Fifa 94 knvb Dutchy the lion mascot and two strikers at the entry of the ramps
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy crap your playfield is nice. I started tearing into the one I just got. It is not pretty

DSCF0181 (resized).JPGDSCF0181 (resized).JPG

DSCF0187 (resized).JPGDSCF0187 (resized).JPG

DSCF0188 (resized).JPGDSCF0188 (resized).JPG

DSCF0189 (resized).JPGDSCF0189 (resized).JPG

But with just a quick wipe down with some simple green it already looks better. Long way to go though.....

DSCF0197 (resized).JPGDSCF0197 (resized).JPG

DSCF0198 (resized).JPGDSCF0198 (resized).JPG

DSCF0202 (resized).JPGDSCF0202 (resized).JPG

Chris

#6156 3 years ago

Cleaning all that grime is such a rewarding experience though.

Looking forward to seeing it all spiffed up.

#6157 3 years ago

I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!

HOLY CRAP STRIKER IS "REAL"??!? I'm not a soccer fan and know nothing about the World Cup, but I've always assumed Striker was added to the pin to make it more accessible. I never ever would have guessed it was the actual mascot for the 1994 World Cup! I know one of the reasons I love the game is because of my love of dogs. Haha, so interesting...

#6158 3 years ago

Got my tickets from WC94 framed (still in the protective wrapper) a little while ago to sit next to the Official Adidas ball as a topper...once I get the pin into it's final place!

9FE19935-6E13-4137-879F-2A2425648F6E_1_201_a (resized).jpeg9FE19935-6E13-4137-879F-2A2425648F6E_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

HOLY CRAP STRIKER IS "REAL"??!? I'm not a soccer fan and know nothing about the World Cup, but I've always assumed Striker was added to the pin to make it more accessible. I never ever would have guessed it was the actual mascot for the 1994 World Cup! I know one of the reasons I love the game is because of my love of dogs. Haha, so interesting...

Haha. People don’t know who striker is?!? Well if they just slapped a random dog on this game that would make zero sense so I get people not liking it if that’s the case. But it was one of the biggest marketing things going on in the country that year. I was only 10 and I remember it well.

#6160 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got my tickets from WC94 framed (still in the protective wrapper) a little while ago to sit next to the Official Adidas ball as a topper...once I get the pin into it's final place![quoted image]

What match did you see?

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

What match did you see?

Germany Korea

#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

What match did you see?

Quoted from jorro:

Germany Korea

Correct! 110 degrees in the Cotton Bowl, late June afternoon, and not a cloud in the sky........hottest I’ve ever been!!

#6163 3 years ago

Fingers crossed for a new pin in 2026!

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Fingers crossed for a new pin in 2026!

... and that I've save up enough $ by then to buy it!

#6165 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you install the characters by the ramps and TV? I love that, and would love to do something similar!

#6166 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

How did you install the characters by the ramps and TV? I love that, and would love to do something similar!

They are drilled trough the ball and then bolted on the stand up post.
You can also first attach to a transparent washer and place that on top of the post.

#6167 3 years ago

Now that everyone is showing off their World Cup 94 merch, I figured I should add this. I've had the shirt long before I bought the game. I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh I need one of those!!!!

And I agree on the Striker part. I mean whats the big deal? Even if he wasnt the mascot of the tournament that year.... he is still cool! And I have seen MUCH WORSE selections for characters on other games....

#6168 3 years ago

I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Also.... what bugs me is that they have a problem with a dog in the game..... but never heard a word about the butt ugly referee chick between the flippers?!?!?! LOL.

The ball was really dropped on her in the art package. Everything else in the game is beautiful. I wish they would have done better with her. Or..... should have had Striker dressed as the Ref instead!

#6169 3 years ago

joined the club on friday....have been looking for one for last 6 months.

totally agree she is fugly!!!!! worst part of the game.

#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

joined the club on friday....have been looking for one for last 6 months.
totally agree she is fugly!!!!! worst part of the game.

Id do her
But hey...thats no standard

#6171 3 years ago

Hello! I’m looking for a bit of advice and thought this might be the place to ask. I’d like to surprise my husband for his birthday and get him his first pin. World Cup Soccer would be his top choice. I’ve seen ads here and there over the past few months and also saw a listing on thepinball company.com. I was wondering if it’s a good idea to consider thepinballcompany so that I have a better idea of the condition of the machine? But then the price is nearly double other listings, and I didn’t know if it was worth the high cost? Thanks for any advice you can give!

#6172 3 years ago

No collector is going to pay those kinds of prices for a game. We can all do our own service, so warranties and assurances mean very little to us.

That being said, if they are a reputable company and they don’t sell you a lemon or ghost you when you have an issue, I’m sure it’s possible for all parties to be happy in your case.

#6173 3 years ago

Nice thing about this game is that there are tons of items from when the World Cup happened in 1994. Just scored this nice little addition!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6174 3 years ago

Nice thing about this game is that there are tons of items from when the World Cup happened in 1994. Just scored this nice little addition!

capture (resized).jpgcapture (resized).jpg
#6175 3 years ago
Quoted from June703:

Hello! I’m looking for a bit of advice and thought this might be the place to ask. I’d like to surprise my husband for his birthday and get him his first pin. World Cup Soccer would be his top choice. I’ve seen ads here and there over the past few months and also saw a listing on thepinball company.com. I was wondering if it’s a good idea to consider thepinballcompany so that I have a better idea of the condition of the machine? But then the price is nearly double other listings, and I didn’t know if it was worth the high cost? Thanks for any advice you can give!

Best. Spouse. Ever.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from June703:

It’s of course OK to pay for peace of mind and quality! That said, most listings here on pinside, or even a lot of Facebook postings, are legitimate collectors that will be honest about the condition of their machines, and give some assurances of working state upon arrival. Also, most shipping within a couple state radius is usually $300-500.

Totally up to you. I think it’s appropriate to spend whatever amount is worth it to you and your husband.

#6177 3 years ago

The sound on my WCS suddenly become very distorted (after moving the pin). There is only noise when a sound is played and not in between sounds (see link). Anyone knows what the problem can be?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxC2LYf4oH1b-SvcAAos_-sMOZa3j_lq/view?usp=sharing

#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

The sound on my WCS suddenly become very distorted (after moving the pin). There is only noise when a sound is played and not in between sounds (see link). Anyone knows what the problem can be?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zxC2LYf4oH1b-SvcAAos_-sMOZa3j_lq/view?usp=sharing

Did you try to reseat all the connections? Maybe something came loose during the move?

#6179 3 years ago

Just got to World Cup final and was tied at the end and it went to sudden death overtime. Haha. Pretty cool. I suck at scoring goals since I rebuild the flippers.

#6180 3 years ago
Quoted from June703:

I’d like to surprise my husband for his birthday and get him his first pin. World Cup Soccer would be his top choice.

If you can tell us where you're located that would help as a local collector might have a WCS that they'd be willing to sell to you.

Dave

#6181 3 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

If you can tell us where you're located that would help as a local collector might have a WCS that they'd be willing to sell to you.
Dave

To piggy-back on this response: find the wanted/for-sale and/or discussion pinside thread for your area, and post it there as well.

Look at the pinside map for that game and message owners near to to see if they want to sell.

#6182 3 years ago

Joined the club about a week ago . still going through all the pages . I am currently on page 70 with a long way to go.

If anyone has the stencils for speakers. shoot me a pm . willing to pay for them.

#6183 3 years ago

So the goal assist kick out threw up the metal ring that goes in the hole. I put it back in, and it works, but occassionally spits it out again. As I'm sure this isn't correct, and becasue the kick out does seem slightly under powered I looked to the manual to see if I could find a schematic. Doesn't seem to be in there.

Can anyone say why the metal ring is loose, and is getting kicked out? Does anyone have a schematic for this kick out so I can order parts? It looks like there are supposed to be 3 ridges that the metal piece connects to or sits on, and 1 of those rigs is broke off on my game.

Thanks for any help!

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from Boosterfive:

So the goal assist kick out threw up the metal ring that goes in the hole. I put it back in, and it works, but occassionally spits it out again. As I'm sure this isn't correct, and becasue the kick out does seem slightly under powered I looked to the manual to see if I could find a schematic. Doesn't seem to be in there.
Can anyone say why the metal ring is loose, and is getting kicked out? Does anyone have a schematic for this kick out so I can order parts? It looks like there are supposed to be 3 ridges that the metal piece connects to or sits on, and 1 of those rigs is broke off on my game.
Thanks for any help!

Thats an aftermarket hole protector.
I had them too in all 3 holes, they would sometimes pop out.
Took them out and never looked back.
Then after a wile
Upper hole kicked the ball out weird some times
Found them again and put some double sided tape around
And placed the upper one back in
Straight for the goul every time

The bottom ones are not neccesary on my game

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What metal ring?

Think he means these protectors

20201104_204231 (resized).jpg20201104_204231 (resized).jpg
#6187 3 years ago

Oh. I would leave it out and protect the edge of the saucer with mylar. That is all that is needed to keep these in great shape.

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh. I would leave it out and protect the edge of the saucer with mylar. That is all that is needed to keep these in great shape.

I have cliffys on the kickouts and scoops on mine. All work fine, and looks great.

#6189 3 years ago

To each their own. I hate putting cliffys on scoops and saucers. Love the enhanced lane guides though. Those are worth their weight in gold.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Make sure you have the correct plunger & connecting Spring. The previous owner jury-rigged the broken spring and it worked but not well. When I replaced the assembly it worked great
[quoted image]

It looks correct.

The issue is that it is not returning after coil engages. So it's always sitting on the right wall of the ramp (diverting to the left).

PXL_20201105_023015175 (resized).jpgPXL_20201105_023015175 (resized).jpg

Is it more likely that resistance is occurring in the coil /sleeve or in the shaft? Heh. Shaft.

#6191 3 years ago

I have an issue with my WCS that happens when the game is plugged in for a while and the flippers get sluggish. Really slow and weak. When it is first turned on, they are fine and powerful. Any ideas here?

#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from toberlindacher:

I have an issue with my WCS that happens when the game is plugged in for a while and the flippers get sluggish. Really slow and weak. When it is first turned on, they are fine and powerful. Any ideas here?

Flipper opto boards need cleaning or replacement.

#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Is it more likely that resistance is occurring in the coil /sleeve or in the shaft?

Raise the playfield and activate the coil by hand. What pulls the plunger back out? Operate it three or four times and you should be able to see the problem.

#6194 3 years ago

i have a world cup soccer 94 pin ball for sale , in very good condition anyone interested.

#6195 3 years ago

Quick question as I just brought one of these home a week or so ago. If I hit the lock shot on the right ramp, the ball is moving so fast that it hits the switch to activate the magnet to lock the ball, but is moving too quick for the magnet to grab it. I've spent some time trying to adjust the switch but can't seem to find a happy medium. If I bend the switch out too far, shots on the left ramp will sometimes hang up on the switch. Any tricks on this or is it just playing with the swiych to get it right?

#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To each their own. I hate putting cliffys on scoops and saucers. Love the enhanced lane guides though. Those are worth their weight in gold.

Thanks everyone! That all makes a lot of sense! I think it might be what has been making the shoot power of the assist shot so weak as well. I have the carbon fiber cliffy protector that I'll replace it with.

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Quick question as I just brought one of these home a week or so ago. If I hit the lock shot on the right ramp, the ball is moving so fast that it hits the switch to activate the magnet to lock the ball, but is moving too quick for the magnet to grab it. I've spent some time trying to adjust the switch but can't seem to find a happy medium. If I bend the switch out too far, shots on the left ramp will sometimes hang up on the switch. Any tricks on this or is it just playing with the swiych to get it right?

I think you just need to keep messing with it to get it right.

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

If you roll the ball manualy from just above the switch and magnet, does it stick properly?
Is the switch activated properly
In the menu check the magnet time

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you just need to keep messing with it to get it right.

Yeah I'm gonna keep messing with it or maybe try a new switch too.

Quoted from jorro:

If you roll the ball manualy from just above the switch and magnet, does it stick properly?
Is the switch activated properly
In the menu check the magnet time

Yeah it works fine on a slow shot or manually and anytime from the left ramp because the ball hits that sharp curve and slows down.

I'll double check the manual and setting but I thought the time setting for the magnet was just how long it stays active, but maybe it would help...

#6200 3 years ago

Just to be clear. The ball should always be going pretty slow when it approaches the magnet due to how the ramp works. I bet your switch is intermittently working and it’s not the magnet not grabbing it, it’s not on the times it misses. That’s a beefy magnet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/124?hl=bendit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.