(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 170.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

All look pretty clean - and it’s odd, because earlier today I was cycling through the menus just fine.

Any chance there’s some odd button combo that would lock it out, and need to be re-set?

I have never heard about something like that... maybe try gently pulling on the wire, it may be broken off but not visible? then you can trace the cable back? Maybe one got caught in the door...

#6102 3 years ago

I got sick and tired of sifting through tons of poorly marked key chains and decided to make my arcade life easier.

94810336-DE5F-4961-B44B-EF67E3610F9A_1_201_a (resized).jpeg94810336-DE5F-4961-B44B-EF67E3610F9A_1_201_a (resized).jpegC03A77A0-E181-4E95-B727-6DB3F2F3937F_1_201_a (resized).jpegC03A77A0-E181-4E95-B727-6DB3F2F3937F_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

I have never heard about something like that... maybe try gently pulling on the wire, it may be broken off but not visible? then you can trace the cable back? Maybe one got caught in the door...

Found it! One of the little black wires that connects to the coin door had severed! Reattached, and all’s back to good.

Thanks for the help, all.

#6104 3 years ago

Edit: Wrong thread, darnit.

#6105 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I got sick and tired of sifting through tons of poorly marked key chains and decided to make my arcade life easier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How did you do this?! I NEED this for my machine keys!

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

How did you do this?! I NEED this for my machine keys!

I got a lesson from my daughter I posted pics of all my other machines in those threads and have gotten a bit of interest. So, we set up a Pinside Shop. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1290-pic/04349-deluxe-flyer-identification-system

#6107 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I got a lesson from my daughter I posted pics of all my other machines in those threads and have gotten a bit of interest. So, we set up a Pinside Shop. Check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1290-pic/04349-deluxe-flyer-identification-system

So awesome! Nice work! $12 (shipped) is just a bit high for us for a keychain at the moment, shortly after the new machine purchase, but we'll see about later in the year!

#6108 3 years ago

Or keep your eyes peeled at garage sales!

IMG_20201018_213751_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20201018_213751_01 (resized).jpg

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

[quoted image]

Haha - what an awesome find!

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

Haha - what an awesome find!

Full disclosure that this came with the machine. But you might find some relics on ebay too.

#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Full disclosure that this came with the machine. But you might find some relics on ebay too.

Wait, I'm confused...you found the pin at a yard sale??? If so.....do tell!

#6112 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Wait, I'm confused...you found the pin at a yard sale??? If so.....do tell!

Yeah, the keychain cost me a few thousand dollars.

Pin is from pinsiders, and the keychain came with my pin purchase. I'm just the benefactor of someone else's due diligence.

#6113 3 years ago

Hi all
Quick question
Maybe picking one up this week
Is there anything I should look at before slapping down the cash
One ramp has a small crack - can you get replacements

#6114 3 years ago

Yes on replacements.

Make sure the ball spins, the goalie isn’t destroyed, and inspect the ramps again. You can get new ones, but they are expensive if you need a full set.

#6115 3 years ago
Quoted from kdoggity:

So awesome! Nice work! $12 (shipped) is just a bit high for us for a keychain at the moment, shortly after the new machine purchase, but we'll see about later in the year!

We've lowered the total cost for the first key-chain to $9.95. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your new game!

#6116 3 years ago

Was excited to bring this project home last night!

IMG_2407 (resized).jpgIMG_2407 (resized).jpgIMG_2410 (resized).jpgIMG_2410 (resized).jpgIMG_2411 (resized).jpgIMG_2411 (resized).jpgIMG_2412 (resized).jpgIMG_2412 (resized).jpg
#6117 3 years ago

Love that one.
Fun, pure fun.

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Was excited to bring this project home last night![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome! On a scale of 1-5 how much of a project is it? 1 being a wrecked nightmare and 5 being a few things need fixed.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

[quoted image]

Cool keychain!

Im Always on the lookout for WC94 memorabilia to add to my game. Some of that stuff gets pretty pricey. Best I have so far is a Striker plush for the top and a uncirculated coin that im going to add to the "coin toss" skill shot.

#6120 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Cool keychain!
Im Always on the lookout for WC94 memorabilia to add to my game. Some of that stuff gets pretty pricey. Best I have so far is a Striker plush for the top and a uncirculated coin that im going to add to the "coin toss" skill shot.

Got to have the ball:

ebay.com link: Adidas Match Ball Of FIFA World Cup 1994 Leather Football Size 5

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Got to have the ball:
ebay.com link » Adidas Match Ball Of Fifa World Cup 1994 Leather Football Size 5

I'd be too tempted to kick it around!

I like the coin idea too.

#6122 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Short time follower, first time owner!
[quoted image]

Looks like my old World Cup I had sold you inquired about at the time. Glad it found it’s way to you. Credit dot is new since it left me. Still have your no fear for sale? I could be interested.

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

Welcome! On a scale of 1-5 how much of a project is it? 1 being a wrecked nightmare and 5 being a few things need fixed.

On that scale it's probably a 3. Needs a new motor for the soccer ball, some plastics, lamps, a really good cleaning, etc.

Was actually nicer than I expected when I finally got it set up.

IMG_2423 (resized).jpgIMG_2423 (resized).jpgIMG_2424 (resized).jpgIMG_2424 (resized).jpgIMG_2425 (resized).jpgIMG_2425 (resized).jpgIMG_2426 (resized).jpgIMG_2426 (resized).jpg
#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Looks like my old World Cup I had sold you inquired about at the time. Glad it found it’s way to you. Credit dot is new since it left me. Still have your no fear for sale? I could be interested.

You are correct! It found its way to Ohio. Did you do the powdercoat?

No fear is still available.

#6125 3 years ago

On that scale it's probably a 3. Needs a new motor for the soccer ball, some plastics, lamps, a really good cleaning, etc.
Was actually nicer than I expected when I finally got it set up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the right level of project. Do some basic stuff and get playing!

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

You are correct! It found its way to Ohio. Did you do the powdercoat?
No fear is still available.

I did basically all the work on that game. I picked it up working ok but totally stock. Did a topside teardown with titan rubbers, powdercoat, deep clean, flipper rebuild, new star posts etc. Comet led conversion, cliffys. Had a ColorDMD on but removed at previous buyers request. That powdercoat was only $120. Heck of a deal for that Hawaiian teal color.

FCABB469-0467-449D-89D0-E4ECDDE38ED6 (resized).jpegFCABB469-0467-449D-89D0-E4ECDDE38ED6 (resized).jpeg
#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I did basically all the work on that game. I picked it up working ok but totally stock. Did a topside teardown with titan rubbers, powdercoat, deep clean, flipper rebuild, new star posts etc. Comet led conversion, cliffys. Had a ColorDMD on but removed at previous buyers request. That powdercoat was only $120. Heck of a deal for that Hawaiian teal color. [quoted image]

The teal looks great. If I hadn't already gone half-cocked with brass everything I would be seriously considering playing copycat. Seriously, that does look great. And ffs, so much cheaper than brass, which I still have so much more to buy...ugh lmao

20201021_231939 (resized).jpg20201021_231939 (resized).jpg
#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

I did basically all the work on that game. I picked it up working ok but totally stock. Did a topside teardown with titan rubbers, powdercoat, deep clean, flipper rebuild, new star posts etc. Comet led conversion, cliffys. Had a ColorDMD on but removed at previous buyers request. That powdercoat was only $120. Heck of a deal for that Hawaiian teal color. [quoted image]

I am appreciating/enjoying the work you put in! Wish I could have grabbed it 4 months ago and saved myself an extra 3 hrs of driving.

So it goes!

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

The teal looks great. If I hadn't already gone half-cocked with brass everything I would be seriously considering playing copycat. Seriously, that does look great. And ffs, so much cheaper than brass, which I still have so much more to buy...ugh lmao
[quoted image]

KSUWildcatFan glad to see we have another owner's club to share. But I'm guessing I won't have as many i-need-help posts as in space shuttle!

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

ksuwildcatfan glad to see we have another owner's club to share. But I'm guessing I won't have as many i-need-help posts as in space shuttle!

Ha ha! I'm thinking not. Generally speaking my WCS has been rock solid....except for when the rebuilt power supply dropped dead....Blah. Rebuilt boards later, it's rock solid again. Hopefully for a long, long time this time.

I think we're stuck together in both of these clubs unless you decide to move on. Wife told me I can never sell WCS and I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy over-invested in Shuttle to even come close to break-even on it. We also both owned an OXO at one point (my first 'working' pin)..but let's not talk about that thing. Woof.

Gotta say, I think WCS is far and away the best of our shared interests, but that's probably not saying much because it's an awesome game! Oh, and mine came from Ohio to Kansas, so the PA->OH->KS connection is seemingly true as well.

#6131 3 years ago

I'm having an issue with my goal cage flasher(red flasher above goal), when i test that specific flasher I get nothing and instead the flasher in the top left corner of the machine goes off. Any ideas?

#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from DBUM:

I'm having an issue with my goal cage flasher(red flasher above goal), when i test that specific flasher I get nothing and instead the flasher in the top left corner of the machine goes off. Any ideas?

Do you have a cable offset a pin perhaps? Any other lights behaving oddly?

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Do you have a cable offset a pin perhaps? Any other lights behaving oddly?

I dont believe so no other lights behaving strange.

#6134 3 years ago
Quoted from DBUM:

I dont believe so no other lights behaving strange.

Weird. Snap a pic of the wiring to the light (from under the playfield) as well as connector J125 in the backbox?

Screenshot_20201022-161356_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201022-161356_Drive (resized).jpg

#6135 3 years ago
20201022_161828 (resized).jpg20201022_161828 (resized).jpg
#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from misterhare:

I'd be too tempted to kick it around!
I like the coin idea too.

I got the idea from another collector that I bought my WC78 from. He had the same thing on his WCS94

58747249-BC44-4DF4-B6CA-C8FA24C2C2F2 (resized).jpeg58747249-BC44-4DF4-B6CA-C8FA24C2C2F2 (resized).jpeg9D043E6D-4A32-4E22-8599-9E4C2C54EE1C (resized).jpeg9D043E6D-4A32-4E22-8599-9E4C2C54EE1C (resized).jpegB61681D8-75CD-42AE-B332-7C56E59CCBA5 (resized).jpegB61681D8-75CD-42AE-B332-7C56E59CCBA5 (resized).jpegDF2B8F97-B542-44AE-8EAA-2452BF178918 (resized).jpegDF2B8F97-B542-44AE-8EAA-2452BF178918 (resized).jpeg
#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

I got the idea from another collector that I bought my WC78 from. He had the same thing on his WCS94[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Omg. Soccer rocks the globe is ultimate must have memorabilia!

Says future children, "Mister, what's a CD?"

#6138 3 years ago

I am hoping someone can shed some light on something for me. The machine I am working on was an operator game. there are many hacks around the machine, but this one has me confused. I *think* I got the answer I needed from a Facebook group but wanted to confirm.

So this is the operator hack:

Hack1 (resized).jpgHack1 (resized).jpg

Hack2 (resized).jpgHack2 (resized).jpg

Now, my thinking is that it was to "fix" a ball stuck issue, BUT, I also think the clear plastic on the closest jet bumper in the second photo is actually on the WRONG jet bumper. Can anyone confirm this should be on the back 2 bumpers, thus functioning the same as this hack?

Thanks in advance!
Chris

#6139 3 years ago

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're correct that it goes on the right-most pop bumpers.

Coat hanger, lol..Yeesh.

#6140 3 years ago

I am hoping someone can shed some light on something for me. The machine I am working on was an operator game. there are many hacks around the machine, but this one has me confused. I *think* I got the answer I needed from a Facebook group but wanted to confirm.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Now, my thinking is that it was to "fix" a ball stuck issue, BUT, I also think the clear plastic on the closest jet bumper in the second photo is actually on the WRONG jet bumper. Can anyone confirm this should be on the back 2 bumpers, thus functioning the same as this hack?
Thanks in advance!
Chris

What a tool. Gotta love hacks. Yeah that’s what the plastic is for.0F3927D3-5217-459A-B3D5-B22A491938BE (resized).jpeg0F3927D3-5217-459A-B3D5-B22A491938BE (resized).jpeg

#6141 3 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Thanks in advance!
Chris

I think the Michelin man post is my favorite hack.

#6142 3 years ago

Yeesh. That's a really complicated hack for having all the parts you need for a proper set up right there at your fingertips

FWIW, that plastic used to be misconfigured in the same way on my game. Stuck balls at that hanger location was a real issue. Fortunately at some point I noticed the correct location on someone's pic in this thread and life has been much more sane ever since.

#6143 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Not only did he do the hack, but they blasted holes in the plastic with a soldering iron to do it.

This is by far the dirtiest game I have ever worked on. May have mentioned that before. Check out the ramp compared to my TOTAN ramp that it’s sitting in (on the glass)

5B801B49-E4D8-41F0-AD18-10A18CEC053A (resized).jpeg5B801B49-E4D8-41F0-AD18-10A18CEC053A (resized).jpeg
#6144 3 years ago

Holy crap! lol

That's filllllllllllllllllllthy. I struggle thinking about a 'newer' game (IE a DMD) being that filthy, but then again..they're 20-30 years old at this point. That's certainly enough time. I just think of that being more in line with a neglected 1980s game!

Luckily in my time in this hobby I've only found *one* game that dirty and that one was clearly nothing more than parts at that point (no glass over the playfield and it was half eaten away). I'm not envious of your task ahead but I bet it comes out nice with some time and elbow grease put in to it.

#6145 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. Not only did he do the hack, but they blasted holes in the plastic with a soldering iron to do it.
This is by far the dirtiest game I have ever worked on. May have mentioned that before. Check out the ramp compared to my TOTAN ramp that it’s sitting in (on the glass) [quoted image]

I have a bunch of parts for WCS if you still need them and want to work a deal... I have a NOS ramp, a reproduction plastics set, a pinball bulbs LED set with speaker lights and a set of blue titan rubbers among other stuff. PM me if you’re interested and we can work up a price.

#6146 3 years ago

Ok I got a new CPR plastics set. Anybody know where this piece goes? It matches the ball arch perfectly but no holes line up.

71A3DABC-644F-41BA-A3B8-CBEE0D4D5EAA (resized).jpeg71A3DABC-644F-41BA-A3B8-CBEE0D4D5EAA (resized).jpeg
#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from snextime:

Ok I got a new CPR plastics set. Anybody know where this piece goes? It matches the ball arch perfectly but no holes line up.
[quoted image]

I don't think anyone knows why this piece exists. There's discussion on it on pages 112 and 116, with some guesswork. But I don't think anyone has this piece on a stock machine. (Or non-stock because I don't think it actually fits anywhere).

#6148 3 years ago

Now that everyone is showing off their World Cup 94 merch, I figured I should add this. I've had the shirt long before I bought the game. I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!

IMG_20201024_083302 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083302 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083337 (resized).jpgIMG_20201024_083337 (resized).jpg

#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

We've lowered the total cost for the first key-chain to $9.95. Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your new game!

Good deal! Hope to place an order in the coming weeks!

#6150 3 years ago
Quoted from InsideOutlane:

Now that everyone is showing off their World Cup 94 merch, I figured I should add this. I've had the shirt long before I bought the game. I chuckle when people lament that there's "some dog" all over the game. Dude, that's Striker!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh my God! Hell yes.

mrm_4 has a sick iron-on patch for me. I'll get a shot whenever he shows up to league on Tuesdays. The original league night.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/123?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.