(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,946 posts
  • 538 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Wanimal
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,467 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bb8d9b3af14e65ec6c6537568157707500f1084d (resized).jpg
D7CB89BD-54F3-40F2-82F7-88740788DA18 (resized).jpeg
20200723_203934 (resized).jpg
20200723_203904 (resized).jpg
20200723_203823 (resized).jpg
20200723_203816 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_021600 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_021413 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_011852 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1595481354819 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200723_011934 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200722_172640 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200722_172526 (resized).jpg
received_620381368584925 (resized).jpeg
F1AB0976-B700-43C5-B8E6-85144093B2E8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200717_204307 (resized).jpg

There are 5946 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 119.
#5901 28 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Finally finished going through my game. The new ramps and new plastics make this game look so nice!
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!! You’re inspiring me to want to do the same.

#5902 27 days ago

Does anyone have have any playfield pics with non standard rubber kits?

I need to order some Titan Rubbers for another resto I’m finishing off and thought I’d grab a rubber kit for my WCS while I’m at it. I’m particularly interested in coloured rubbers.

Thanks.

#5903 27 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Does anyone have have any playfield pics with non standard rubber kits?
I need to order some Titan Rubbers for another resto I’m finishing off and thought I’d grab a rubber kit for my WCS while I’m at it. I’m particularly interested in coloured rubbers.
Thanks.

Did you check the kit section on the titan site? I’m pretty sure they have a couple on there.

I just placed an order for my WC78, but they didn’t have any for that one.

#5904 27 days ago
Quoted from Ceckitti:

Did you check the kit section on the titan site? I’m pretty sure they have a couple on there.
I just placed an order for my WC78, but they didn’t have any for that one.

There are plenty of customs kits, but none with reference pics.

#5905 22 days ago

I just recently finished a full shop job on My World Cup soccer. I noticed the flashers were not working, so I replaced the fuse, reseated all of the connections, and ran a test. The flashers were very weak and then after running the test about 10 times, each time they got weaker and weaker and would eventually not flash at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#5906 22 days ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

I just recently finished a full shop job on My World Cup soccer. I noticed the flashers were not working, so I replaced the fuse, reseated all of the connections, and ran a test. The flashers were very weak and then after running the test about 10 times, each time they got weaker and weaker and would eventually not flash at all.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take a look behind your coin door switch and make sure everything is plugged in properly.

#5907 22 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Take a look behind your coin door switch and make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Can I say I love you? That was it! . Thank you!

#5908 22 days ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Can I say I love you? That was it! . Thank you!

Nice! I had the same issue with another machine last week

#5909 21 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Wow, that's like telling someone's fortune! How did you know to check this and why would this cause the effect described?

#5910 21 days ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Wow, that's like telling someone's fortune! How did you know to check this and why would this cause the effect described?

I knew it could be the culprit because the same thing just happened to me last week on AFM.

Flashers run on 20v and as a safety measure, higher voltages (including 20v) run through the coin door switch. When you open the door, the buttons on the switch pop out, and the high voltage circuit breaks (reducing your chances of electrocution). The wiring to and from the switch is held in by plugs, if a plug loosens up and falls off the switch, then the circuit is broken whether the door is open or closed. Plug it back on and you’re good to go.

Now I didn’t know for sure that was the problem—but the fuse had already been swapped and that’s usually the first guess. I suggested looking at the coin door switch first, because it’s a whole lot easier than any of the next troubleshooting steps, which involve following the circuit for broken wires or testing/replacing diodes and/or bridge rectifiers on the driver board.

Reseating a loose plug is a much more pleasant fix

#5911 19 days ago

Does anyone have a source for these ball stop metal brackets that attach at the end of the ramps? Looked at the usual suppliers and couldn't find them. I have one on my left ramp but I'm missing the one for my right ramp. If anyone has an extra, I'll gladly buy it off you.

File_000 (resized).jpeg
#5912 19 days ago
Quoted from longwetsocks:

Does anyone have a source for these ball stop metal brackets that attach at the end of the ramps? Looked at the usual suppliers and couldn't find them. I have one on my left ramp but I'm missing the one for my right ramp. If anyone has an extra, I'll gladly buy it off you.
[quoted image]

Very good question im in the same boat
Think iyd be easier to make 1

#5913 19 days ago
Quoted from john17a:

Very good question im in the same boat
Think iyd be easier to make 1

Should be fairly simple to make with a small L bracket but I figured I would see if anyone had an extra or a source for them before I went that route.

#5914 19 days ago

[quoted image]

If there isn't a direct replacement, this could work pretty well: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-8746. Drill the hole a little bit larger/longer and round off the edges. About the perfect size.

#5915 19 days ago

Anyone come across a WCS94 where it does boot normally, but the display is scrambled, no sound or wrong sounds, left flipper energizes when 50v is activated. What all has been done is Power board completely rebuilt from Chris Hibler, New fliptronics board, The following were replaced after the issue popped up. New MPU with new ASCI, processor and Eprom chips, also replaced all the ribbon cables including the one to the display. It worked great and when it moved something happened and cannot pinpoint the issue. As seen in the pictures as it worked before and now.

Thanks

WCS94 before (resized).pngWCS94 (resized).jpg

#5916 19 days ago

[quoted image]

They're all in Australia apparently: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/williams-parts/01-12625.html

#5917 19 days ago

Nice! At least you found the part number 01-12625. At one point Action Pinball had them, but they're out of stock. Shipping is $20 from AUS, killer. I may just buy two of those Marco brackets (95 cents a piece), slightly modify them and put them on both ramps so they match.

#5918 19 days ago

Nice! At least you found the part number 01-12625. At one point Action Pinball had them, but they're out of stock. Shipping is $20 from AUS, killer. I may just buy two of those Marco brackets (95 cents a piece), slightly modify them and put them on both ramps so they match.

A handy reference for part numbers on WCS94: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Parts_List.txt

...not that "guard-brkt-ramp support" is the most helpful name.

#5919 19 days ago

If I recall I bought mine from homedepot then painted them, similar to the link from Marcos with square corners but it works great

#5920 19 days ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

If I recall I bought mine from homedepot then painted them, similar to the link from Marcos with square corners but it works great

Might be cool to paint them purple or teal to match the game. I think I'm going to move forward with the Marco ones. But first, I'm going to double check that it isn't sitting in the bottom of the cabinet from the last time someone shopped it. That would be all too funny.

#5921 18 days ago

What screws am I missing here? Also what size screws do the ramp brackets take?

IMG_20200717_204307 (resized).jpgIMG_20200717_204313 (resized).jpg
#5922 18 days ago

The screw for the end of the ramp is the same for the other post at the top of the sling. You’re missing an L bracket that protects the end of the ramp too.

For the right ramp entrance they should be the same as the left ramp entrance and various other posts around the game.

#5923 17 days ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

What screws am I missing here? Also what size screws do the ramp brackets take?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Need a plastic circle too.

F1AB0976-B700-43C5-B8E6-85144093B2E8 (resized).jpeg
#5924 13 days ago

Just got my boards back from a full rebuild and I'm officially in hell. All sorts of wonky behavior. I got it past this message once, I have no idea, and got it to play a game. EVERYTHING was weak as hell. Slings barely tapped the ball over, pops didn't actually pop the ball (but did fire), took a second to register the ball drain, etc. Did some other random nonsense too.

Now I'm back to being stuck here. While researching cables AGAIN I noticed this stupid wire pulled loose on J122. Does Marco actually sell the plug I need? I've got like 9 million trifurcon terminals but I don't have the plugs.

Anyone have any idea just what in the hell I could be doing wrong with the rest of this? I'm seriously pulling my hair out and I'm about to turn this thing into firewood.

received_620381368584925 (resized).jpegIMG_20200722_172526 (resized).jpgIMG_20200722_172640 (resized).jpg
#5925 13 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Now I'm back to being stuck here. While researching cables AGAIN I noticed this stupid wire pulled loose on J122. Does Marco actually sell the plug I need? I've got like 9 million trifurcon terminals but I don't have the plugs.

Digikey is your friend:
https://www.digikey.com/products/en/connectors-interconnects/rectangular-connectors-headers-male-pins/314?k=&pkeyword=&sv=0&pv1989=0&pv1790=12091&sf=1&FV=-8%7C314&quantity=&ColumnSort=0&page=1&pageSize=500

#5926 13 days ago

Yeah, I definitely need to expand my horizons and put in some orders outside of Marco, I just had an order I was already building and I hate paying double shipping.

I'm giving up on this machine for tonight, it's pushed me to the damn brink.

#5927 12 days ago

You can probably shove it back into the connector. I’ve done it before, if you don’t have the tool you can use a small flathead jewellers screwdriver to carefully push it back.

#5928 12 days ago

I'm not sure this was 'the' problem as I pulled / reseated a bunch of connectors while I was debugging this thing, but sliding this one plug over fixed my issues. Up and working again.

Now I need to put a new plug on one of my flashers, fix the Pinball Pro speaker wiring for the volume control in the head (center lug wires on the potentiometer pulled loose so I'm just rolling with the cab woofer right now)

I finally removed this old nasty loom that had been completely replaced but for some reason not removed from the machine. It was making a real mess in the head. I still need to zip tie a few bundles together and then reinstall the plastic tubing, but it's looking a bit better organized than before at least.

IMG_20200723_011934 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1595481354819 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_011852 (resized).jpg

IMG_20200723_021413 (resized).jpgIMG_20200723_021600 (resized).jpg
#5929 12 days ago

Is j209 in right place.?

#5930 12 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Is j209 in right place.?

Right place as in that's where that plug goes, yes. Wrong as in it was slid over one spot. I must have repeatedly put it in the wrong spot though because I reseated it MULTIPLE TIMES as I was debugging what was going on.

#5931 12 days ago

Got my pin2dmd led display in today
Bought it at https://techizy.fr/ real nice quality and service.

I have some color files but these are from someone whom didnt finish them i think.
Has anyone here got a finished file they could share?

20200723_203816 (resized).jpg20200723_203823 (resized).jpg20200723_203904 (resized).jpg20200723_203934 (resized).jpg
#5932 12 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

Got my pin2dmd led display in today
Bought it at https://techizy.fr/ real nice quality and service.
I have some color files but these are from someone whom didnt finish them i think.
Has anyone here got a finished file they could share?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t have the file, but is that the CPR back glass? Do you like it? Where did you find the soccer ball speaker covers? They look great. Thanks.

#5933 12 days ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I don’t have the file, but is that the CPR back glass? Do you like it? Where did you find the soccer ball speaker covers? They look great. Thanks.

No i got some nice not to bright leds behind my backglass.

The soccer speakers i made myself.

The color files are here on pinside where somewhere, i think Malenko made them, he does great work omn pin2dmd!

For the speakers i made a template, cut it out and attached to the speaker, then colored and removed the template.

#5934 11 days ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'm not sure this was 'the' problem as I pulled / reseated a bunch of connectors while I was debugging this thing, but sliding this one plug over fixed my issues. Up and working again.
Now I need to put a new plug on one of my flashers, fix the Pinball Pro speaker wiring for the volume control in the head (center lug wires on the potentiometer pulled loose so I'm just rolling with the cab woofer right now)
I finally removed this old nasty loom that had been completely replaced but for some reason not removed from the machine. It was making a real mess in the head. I still need to zip tie a few bundles together and then reinstall the plastic tubing, but it's looking a bit better organized than before at least.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure I am a fan of the extensions on J122 & J124.
The extra ribbon cable to the display has not been fitted (I am guessing it was removed during fault finding).
J209 looks wrong, the 9-pin plug should align with the 9-pin socket, the colours on the switch matrix row plug J209 look right but it should align pin1-1 not being offset like that.

What does the switch matrix look like when in switch test mode?
And do the switches when operated correlate to the matrix description.
Are all the leds on the power driver board on, have you measured the voltages.

If you want to post over the extra (hacked) secondary cable, I will pay postage

#5935 11 days ago
Quoted from centre-drain:

Not sure I am a fan of the extensions on J122 & J124.

They're not extensions, that's how my SuperFlux FX surround flash kit hooks in.

The extra ribbon cable to the display has not been fitted (I am guessing it was removed during fault finding).

Correct, it was pulled to illustrate better the general layout of everything else.

J209 looks wrong, the 9-pin plug should align with the 9-pin socket, the colours on the switch matrix row plug J209 look right but it should align pin1-1 not being offset like that.

What does the switch matrix look like when in switch test mode?
And do the switches when operated correlate to the matrix description.

Yes, it was misaligned by one pin and that caused almost every switch to misregister in switch test mode. I swapped those plugs multiple times, from the top row to the bottom, so I find it completely crazy that I must have repeatedly plugged in that cable incorrectly over and over again. But that certainly does seem to be the case, and the reason for all the frustration. Several hours going over and over and over and over everything, for that. Yuck.

Are all the leds on the power driver board on, have you measured the voltages.

Voltages were all good, LEDs were all correct.

If you want to post over the extra (hacked) secondary cable, I will pay postage

I think it's already been claimed along with some other stuff, sorry! I still don't understand why the hell it was ever replaced--it looks FINE--but whatever.. People are weird.

My game is working fine now, aside from the one flasher that I removed from the flow by accidentally snagging the cable out of the plug.

1 week later
#5937 4 days ago

I’m looking to clearcoat my playfield and need to remove the metal plate the soccer ball sits on. I can’t figure out what holds the plate to the top of the playfield. Can anyone help?

#5938 3 days ago

It's two set screws on the plate itself under the soccer ball on the skinny top part of the plate.

#5939 1 day ago

Hi guys, kind of amazed here....

Got a wcs and at boot the ball starts spinning even when the cpu-board is still blanked. After a few seconds the game is booted and the ball keeps spinning. Any ideas?

#5940 1 day ago

What code (software) version are you running?

#5941 17 hours ago

Lx-1

D7CB89BD-54F3-40F2-82F7-88740788DA18 (resized).jpeg
#5942 17 hours ago
Quoted from Zeegske:

Lx-1
[quoted image]

Hi
Try to follow the wires of the ball motor and find out where they go, if its not hacked.

#5943 11 hours ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hi
Try to follow the wires of the ball motor and find out where they go, if its not hacked.

According to the schemes J126-5 and 116-2.
Checked all tor’s on pdb and all okay.
Since the problem starts directly at power on it cannot be a cpu-issue. Also checked transistor om the motor board (not checked the l6203)

#5944 7 hours ago

Trading my baby for a HUO Star Trek Pro in Thursday. Gonna miss having it, but excited to switch it up for a bit.

bb8d9b3af14e65ec6c6537568157707500f1084d (resized).jpg
#5945 7 hours ago

Much better choice than Munsters. Well done.

#5946 6 hours ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Much better choice than Munsters. Well done.

Hahaha thanks! I agree. I'm really excited to get to dive into a more modern game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Garden City, NY
$ 50.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 5946 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 119.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside