(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 170.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

That can apparently be fixed but I never got around to doing it.

I tried moving the front faceplate with no avails the cutouts can't be centered any better. I also tried some black tape, but it looked worse and removed it.

#5802 3 years ago

Joined the club with a pretty exceptional example of a game. A good cleaning and a few little things here and there and it will be solid. Put some LEDs in tonight and I’ll get the rest finished after I put a list together.

2290B6B8-C308-4BAB-9A12-0FAE26F1348B (resized).jpeg2290B6B8-C308-4BAB-9A12-0FAE26F1348B (resized).jpeg46158500-3802-4408-AE01-5862310E64BC (resized).jpeg46158500-3802-4408-AE01-5862310E64BC (resized).jpeg5DE8FEED-19E2-4246-869E-6CDAD47C12DE (resized).jpeg5DE8FEED-19E2-4246-869E-6CDAD47C12DE (resized).jpeg60D1249C-DF26-4692-820F-C47A6D428D0E (resized).jpeg60D1249C-DF26-4692-820F-C47A6D428D0E (resized).jpegFC74C75D-485D-40CA-A9FE-870EFC7BBC56 (resized).jpegFC74C75D-485D-40CA-A9FE-870EFC7BBC56 (resized).jpeg
#5803 3 years ago

Nice one. Game looks pretty clean.
Congrats on picking up one of the
funnest games ever made!

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from provato:

The rubber list I made is based on the ipdb B.O.M. Official Parts list for this game.
So according to that list and countless photos of unmodded or before-restoration photos I found online, there is no “A” rubber below the magna goalie target - the “G” rubber ring wraps around three posts under there - not two.

I see, so it's just not pictured in the map.

Okay, in the center of this photo are the posts in question. You're saying the "G" rubber goes around all three posts in the center? (the triangle between two green star posts and one mini spear-shaped post?)

IMG_20200516_113426 (resized).jpgIMG_20200516_113426 (resized).jpg

Quoted from provato:

Also there are no 7/8 diameter posts in this game. Maybe you mean the “M” rubbers that are 7/8” length? However these are only found inside the coin toss assembly.
Rubber ring kits are well known for missing, old-cracked or wrong rubbers...

Ah, 7/8" is length, whereas 7/16" is diameter, that almost makes sense. So Marco didn't even measure the diameter. And now my machine is disassembled and ready for new rubbers and reassembly, and I have 14 post sleeves that are 14% oversized (they are all 1/2" OD) with no hope of correction in the middle of a 4-day weekend.

$%#@.

Is there crying in pinball?

At least they miscounted and included the correct number of sleeves (the packing list shows 17, but 14+4 == 18).

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from provato:

The rubber list I made is based on the ipdb B.O.M. Official Parts list for this game.
So according to that list and countless photos of unmodded or before-restoration photos I found online, there is no “A” rubber below the magna goalie target - the “G” rubber ring wraps around three posts under there - not two.

BTW, the configuration in the photo linked here is the only configuration I've seen in my search for photos and videos online:

pinside photo
(from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/2#post-927159)

So if G is supposed to surround 3 posts it seems that quite a lot of people get it wrong.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Joined the club with a pretty exceptional example of a game. A good cleaning and a few little things here and there and it will be solid. Put some LEDs in tonight and I’ll get the rest finished after I put a list together. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent looking game! Welcome to the club.

#5807 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Joined the club with a pretty exceptional example of a game. A good cleaning and a few little things here and there and it will be solid. Put some LEDs in tonight and I’ll get the rest finished after I put a list together.

Hey Its_me_aj, Congrats on getting this awesome pin. Mine is never leaving - too unique. You need the metal stops that are at each ramp exit. It reduces the impact on the plastic. I'm not sure if anyone sells the metal stops. You may need to fabricate these.

#5808 3 years ago

@neodog: yes a lot of people get it wrong, as well as some nuts or screws etc. I’ll show you some photos of this assembly and the rubber when the quarantine ends and I can travel to the pin position (I have a Blu-ray Disc inside the pin with a ton of info and photos).

And yes, the 1-1/14” black rubber wraps around the two green star posts and the metal cone-head post. Most people here for some reason in their restoration use a 1” black rubber around the two green star posts and a mini post black rubber. I don’t know why though... maybe it’s easier to find a 1” rubber or all the rubber sets got it wrong.

Don’t panic, just use your old rubbers or the wrong ones if they fit to enjoy the game for the time being and order the correct ones.

#5809 3 years ago

Got to the World Cup final twice tonight and didn’t score more than 5 goals either time and somehow won. Anyone know how much you get for each goal?

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got to the World Cup final twice tonight and didn’t score more than 5 goals either time and somehow won. Anyone know how much you get for each goal?

Pretty sure it’s 50M mate

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pretty sure it’s 50M mate

Okay not as much as I thought. Trying to orchestrate a way to get to 4.5 billion with EBs off and it’s really hard.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

It looks like it's in great shape, but is that mold on the flippers, or pitting, (or designer mods!) or just spots? I've never seen flippers look like that.

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay not as much as I thought. Trying to orchestrate a way to get to 4.5 billion with EBs off and it’s really hard.

I just checked, it’s 75M for each goal in the World Cup final. 500M for winning
beating #1 Germany during final draw multi ball which is 250M then 50M for each victory lap is also another option. Then each multi all you get back to once you reach #1 the first jackpot is 250M

#5814 3 years ago

Yep. The closest I’ve come is when I get to Germany on the first MB then each one after that can be worth 500m or so each if I play it fairly well. Key is not crapping out that first multiball and make sure to score at least ten goals in World Cup final.

Probably try some more today.

#5815 3 years ago
Quoted from provato:

I've been finding that 7/16" OD sleeves are hard to come by, so I took a look at the parts list to see if I might encounter some insight: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Parts_List.txt

I noticed a couple of anomalies:

1) That list only shows 12 (11 level 2, 1 level 3) instances of the 3/16" ID rings (23-6641), which are noted in your table as 'B'. There appear to be 12 'B' marked on your map (which seems consistent with what's on my PF).
2) That list only shows 13 instances of sleeves 23-6556 (which are 7/16" OD). Not only does your table list 14 of them, I can count them by hand on my machine.

Any idea what the discrepancies are? I couldn't find anything in the list that was similar but listed differently, it looks like the ipdb parts list is just short. Do you remember correcting for this or anything?

Edit: I initially counted 13xB on your map, but now I only count 12. Do you have double B's on any of the posts?

#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from neodog:

I've been finding that 7/16" OD sleeves are hard to come by, so I took a look at the parts list to see if I might encounter some insight: https://www.ipdb.org/files/2811/Bally_1994_World_Cup_Soccer_Parts_List.txt
I noticed a couple of anomalies:
1) That list only shows 12 (11 level 2, 1 level 3) instances of the 3/16" ID rings (23-6641), which are noted in your table as 'B'. There appear to be 12 'B' marked on your map (which seems consistent with what's on my PF).
2) That list only shows 13 instances of sleeves 23-6556 (which are 7/16" OD). Not only does your table list 14 of them, I can count them by hand on my machine.
Any idea what the discrepancies are? I couldn't find anything in the list that was similar but listed differently, it looks like the ipdb parts list is just short. Do you remember correcting for this or anything?
Edit: I initially counted 13xB on your map, but now I only count 12. Do you have double B's on any of the posts?

May be a prototype thing - at least with #2 above (the sleeves) - the Tackle area used to be (in the prototype) three standup targets, separated by sleeved posts. Now it's a normal rubber with a leaf switch.

#5817 3 years ago

Yes indeed I corrected one or two rubber number entries of the official parts list. It is not rare for a BOM list to have incorrect number of a specific part, and one of the reasons is indeed prototype to final product conversion of the list. Although these discrepancies as you call them are very few in any particular list, they do exist.
That is why I always double-check these lists with hundreds of photos of owners here disassembling their pinball machines.
Trust me when I say, one of my hobbies is archiving any photo I can find online for a particular game I’m restoring.
And oh my... wcs94 is one of the most complicated assembled pins!

This, of course, does not make me right in everything. I may very well have missed a part or put the wrong one in an assembly. You can never be 100% sure unless you find a NIB pin and see the original parts

#5818 3 years ago

Little issue with my WCS... After I turn it on, and for few minutes, the sound is pretty bad (static in the background). After 5 or 10 minutes, the symptoms are gone and everyhting sounds good... Any idea ?

#5819 3 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Little issue with my WCS... After I turn it on, and for few minutes, the sound is pretty bad (static in the background). After 5 or 10 minutes, the symptoms are gone and everyhting sounds good... Any idea ?

Capacitors? https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC_DCS_Sound_Board

"What Goes Wrong

The smoothing capacitors C20 and C21 are often at the end of their useful lives. The chip amp, like the Honey Badger, really doesn't care, and will accomodate capacitor variance. However, replacing them will make even the pre-DCS sound much richer.

The coupling capacitors at C32 and C41 can fail."

#5820 3 years ago

Thanks! I'll try... anyway I keep reading replacing the capacitors can make a big difference in audio quality... so cannot hurt.

#5821 3 years ago

Would anyone have a video of an optimal "assist" eject hole ? Mine seems weak... but I'm not not even sure about the strength it's supposed to have...

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Would anyone have a video of an optimal "assist" eject hole ? Mine seems weak... but I'm not not even sure about the strength it's supposed to have...

If you look a few posts above, I found that assist eject hole spring is different from the one in the other two eject holes and that makes a big difference in kick-Power!
Check your manual or the grey parts book to see if you have the correct spring there first (grey spring- not red).
If the spring is the correct part #, then usually alignment of the hole assembly or solenoid failing is the culprit

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

It looks like it's in great shape, but is that mold on the flippers, or pitting, (or designer mods!) or just spots? I've never seen flippers look like that.

It’s like stain spots from a cleaning material. New flipper bats will fix it

#5824 3 years ago

Damn this game is addictive!!!
I did remember i liked it when i was young, but man...keeps me comming back
Just one more game......

And i dont even like soccer!

#5825 3 years ago

Ordered a new ramp, mine has a pretty sturdy done rapair on it.
Doesnt look that bad but i just kept thinking of reasons why i should buy a new ramp.
And now .... only because it helps the economy i had to buy one new!

#5826 3 years ago

They are now available. Goalies in the original national jersey. I have Germany, USA or Original. Brazil and Italy coming soon. $10 ea. including worldwide postage.

IMG_20200531_201418_108 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_201418_108 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_201418_098 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_201418_098 (resized).jpg

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

They are now available. Goalies in the original national jersey. I have Germany, USA or Original. Brazil and Italy coming soon. $10 ea. including worldwide postage.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing idea! I might have to get a few of these!

#5828 3 years ago

Got my new ramps in today!
Mine hade a stirdy but big repair on it

Only thing im missing is the part that holds the ramps together above pass/cointoss

20200529_200952 (resized).jpg20200529_200952 (resized).jpg20200603_223403 (resized).jpg20200603_223403 (resized).jpg20200603_223407 (resized).jpg20200603_223407 (resized).jpg20200603_223413 (resized).jpg20200603_223413 (resized).jpg
#5829 3 years ago

Hi guys,
Annyone know how this ramp attachment part is called, the number or where to find one?

20200605_214333 (resized).jpg20200605_214333 (resized).jpg
#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hi guys,
Annyone know how this ramp attachment part is called, the number or where to find one?[quoted image]

I believe it's "01-12491 plate-back ramp connect"

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I believe it's "01-12491 plate-back ramp connect"

Thank man!

#5832 3 years ago

Is it me or is the Tackle target the most useless thing ever? Like, you really can't aim for it, it's only 10M, and it's tucked away where you forget it's even there.

#5833 3 years ago

The two times I've had a credit dot appear, it was always the tackle switch not being hit for 50 games, so that should tell you something, haha.

The original intent was for it to be three standup targets, instead of the pre-stern mono-target that it is now.

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

The two times I've had a credit dot appear, it was always the tackle switch not being hit for 50 games, so that should tell you something, haha.
The original intent was for it to be three standup targets, instead of the pre-stern mono-target that it is now.

RzkN41B (resized).jpgRzkN41B (resized).jpg

#5835 3 years ago

Would someone who thinks they have a nominal (or even quiet) sounding soccer ball motor mind posting a video, showing how it performs during the rotation test? It would be helpful to have some perspective about what's achievable.

My soccer ball is noisy. I drilled open the gearbox, cleaned it out and re-greased it; I'm not sure it helped, as it's still quite noisy. It does look like teeth are worn in the middle of the driver gear, but adjusting the position of the motor to use a different part of the gear didn't really help either.

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from neodog:

Would someone who thinks they have a nominal (or even quiet) sounding soccer ball motor mind posting a video, showing how it performs during the rotation test? It would be helpful to have some perspective about what's achievable.
My soccer ball is noisy. I drilled open the gearbox, cleaned it out and re-greased it; I'm not sure it helped, as it's still quite noisy. It does look like teeth are worn in the middle of the driver gear, but adjusting the position of the motor to use a different part of the gear didn't really help either.

#5837 3 years ago
Quoted from neodog:

Would someone who thinks they have a nominal (or even quiet) sounding soccer ball motor

What is this "quiet sounding soccer ball" witch craft you speak of??? LOL You can hear my soccer ball spinning in the next room.

#5838 3 years ago

Yep they're loud alright.
Here's what you can do to
"condition" yourself:
Slide the glass down, start a game, and listen to that thing for 5 minutes. Then slide it back up and well, it's amazing how quiet it is now.
When the effect begins to fade simply repeat.
Works I promise.

#5839 3 years ago

I was shooting some ramps and got a 3-way combo score. Does anyone know exactly what shots will get the combo?

#5840 3 years ago

Thanks @chuckwurt! What volume level did you have the game set to?

The ball was comparably quiet in the video, I had to really crank up the volume to hear it. Is that a fair representation of how it sounds in person?

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from neodog:

Thanks chuckwurt! What volume level did you have the game set to?

10 or so.

Quoted from neodog:

The ball was comparably quiet in the video, I had to really crank up the volume to hear it. Is that a fair representation of how it sounds in person?

Yep. I have to really crank up the volume to hear it as well.

Jk. Pinball machines are loud. I wouldn’t mess with the soccer ball motor. You’ll more than likely be disappointed with the results.

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

I was shooting some ramps and got a 3-way combo score. Does anyone know exactly what shots will get the combo?

Left ramp two times in a row, then right ramp.

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think it's 50 million points, but more importantly, oh so satisfying, especially when the final right ramp shot qualifies the lock and the magnet picks it up on the return. Smooth as buttah'!

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why have i not seen this?? I guess we know what ill be doing as soon as I get home today! LOL

#5845 3 years ago

THE most satisfying thing I have ever done in WCS, and it will probably never happen again as it would be incredibly difficult to line up is:

Shoot the 3 way combo with final draw lit;

when the ball is returned to the left flipper, flip it into stryker's hideout (while extra ball mode is running) for the (uncredited) 4-way combo;

Get the extra ball "CRACK!!!", while also surpassing the replay score and getting another extra ball "CRACK!!";

ball is kicked out of stryker's hideout to the right flipper for a perfectly timed on-the-fly back hand into the scoop (for an uncredited 5-way combo) to start multi-ball.

Hnnngggg!

#5847 3 years ago

Like mentioned in this topic before by someone, i put my setting for multiball to
Last easy release to 1
That way you can lock 2 balls and so start mb by hitting the ramps

It only does so the first mb after that you have to shoot final draw

#5848 3 years ago

I've got some pretty major ball hop on my right flipper lane. Is the best way to adjust it to bend the top of the metal guide out? Typically there are screws, posts, and guides here that can be loosened and moved, but the metal guide here is pretty solid.

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

I've got some pretty major ball hop on my right flipper lane. Is the best way to adjust it to bend the top of the metal guide out? Typically there are screws, posts, and guides here that can be loosened and moved, but the metal guide here is pretty solid.

I just finished rebuilding my playfield (my first), and in the process realized that aligning the guides with the flippers was a thing I could do. To do it, I loosened the screws, flexed the guide (which was indeed stiff, but I didn't permanently bend it), then tightened them again... it seems to hold well enough.

The other variable of course is flipper alignment. I've aligned mine rotationally, which changes the line (and to a lesser extent the position) the guides should align to, but I didn't do anything to make sure mine were properly centered on their holes (if indeed that's a thing you can do).

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Left ramp two times in a row, then right ramp.

Tried to get this for half an hour tonight. Couldnt get one. Im running LA-2 in the machine. Have to say i have had the game for a long time and cant say ive ever seen a combo scored.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/117 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.