(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 170.
#5501 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

First of all, this plastic is screwed on the ramp with a sheet metal screw, not a machine screw + nut. Here is the assembly in the BOM parts list:
1719 .2 A-19051 plfd plastic assy-50031 1
1720 ..3 31-1925-32 plfd plastic-world cup 1
1721 ..3 03-8022-2 "spacer 1.062 L""" 1
1722 ..3 4106-01088-24 sms #6X1 1/2 sl-hwh 1
Second, you need a "magnet in a stick" to reach metal parts that have fallen in there. This is a MUST-HAVE tool!!! you don't want loose metal parts down your wire harness grounding stuff and blowing fuses!
Third, if you have a big hole in your ramp and want to reduce its diameter for the screw to be tight, there are a lot of ways you can do that. Others use the super-glue + baking soda trick, other use epoxy glue. I personally use a UV curing glue because it stays translucent when it cures and is very very hard. Just make sure you sand around the hole a bit before applying glue for better adhesion.
Lastly, YES, this plastic assembly serves a purpose: If you have an airball, the ball will land on it, and fall safely back on the ramp.

Interesting—It’s using the sheet metal screw, but you’re saying I shouldn’t have a nut at all?

#5502 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Interesting—It’s using the sheet metal screw, but you’re saying I shouldn’t have a nut at all?

Yes, sheet metal screws are like wood screws. They pierce and screw in as they go.

in fact they are very common in plastics that are screwed on pinball ramps in many games (as long as these plastics don't normally have contact with the ball, like 31-1925-32)

#5503 4 years ago

Hi guys!
Can you give me some advice?
I'm going to order a couple of stuff for my WCS. I'm still wondering whether NOVUS (1+2+3) are worth buing. I'm not going to use them on my playfield (I read Vid's Guide). I know Novus is good for plastic parts, but for them I can use cheaper stuff.
Do you think I can remove some scratches from the cabinet glass and metal parts using Novus?
Is it worth ordering if I'm not going to use it on the playfield?

#5504 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hi guys!
Can you give me some advice?
I'm going to order a couple of stuff for my WCS. I'm still wondering whether NOVUS (1+2+3) are worth buing. I'm not going to use them on my playfield (I read Vid's Guide). I know Novus is good for plastic parts, but for them I can use cheaper stuff.
Do you think I can remove some scratches from the cabinet glass and metal parts using Novus?
Is it worth ordering if I'm not going to use it on the playfield?

Cabinet glass -> I don't know if you can remove scratches from tempered glass, I am sure though that novus will never remove scratches from glass or metal. Ask your local glass shop how to deal with scratches or buy a new one.

Metal parts -> buffing wheels & buffing compounds are the best option if you have the time to invest on every metal part. Tumbler and metal polishing pastes (like "brasso") is ok-ish if you don't want to spend hours on the buffing wheel / buffing dremmel.

About novus: I still haven't found a use for it on pinball machines. I flame-polish or buff plastic parts mostly

#5505 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I have soccer ball decals on my pops.[quoted image]

I like those, where did they come from?

#5506 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I like those, where did they come from?

I had them made about 7 years back. I may run them again.

#5507 4 years ago

Does anybody have nice apron cards for the WCS94? So far I found those. They are nice, but maybe there even better ones out there. Pinballcards.com doesn´t have WCS94, unfortunately.

Apron Card 1 (resized).jpgApron Card 1 (resized).jpgApron Card 2 (resized).jpgApron Card 2 (resized).jpg

#5508 4 years ago

These are what I have. Love em!

#5509 4 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

Does anybody have nice apron cards for the WCS94? So far I found those. They are nice, but maybe there even better ones out there. Pinballcards.com doesn´t have WCS94, unfortunately.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Try
Pinball Rebel

#5510 4 years ago
Quoted from BigLebowski:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Made up a few for a friend's machine; He mentioned your post.

Figure I might as well share. Also did some coin door freeplay inserts as well. Enjoy

Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1GVdJaUFsskDjc88cqG34X6nb9BDaWQhx

WCS_Cards-mad_carl1.pngWCS_Cards-mad_carl1.pngWCS_Cards-mad_carl.pngWCS_Cards-mad_carl.pngWCS_CoinInserts.pdfWCS_CoinInserts.pdf

#5511 4 years ago

Thanks they look great

#5512 4 years ago

This is my fully restored World Cup Soccer

20180725_181331 (resized).jpg20180725_181331 (resized).jpg20180725_181623 (resized).jpg20180725_181623 (resized).jpg20180725_181340 (resized).jpg20180725_181340 (resized).jpg20180725_181530 (resized).jpg20180725_181530 (resized).jpg20180725_181347 (resized).jpg20180725_181347 (resized).jpg
#5513 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

That looks great, nice work. Isn't there supposed to be a red light under the doggie head?

missing red light?missing red light?

#5514 4 years ago

Thoughts on led or lcd for color on this?

I think it's over if the best color packages they did....

#5515 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

[quoted image]

You appear to be missing a clear piece of flat plastic that gets screwed on top of the bottom right ultra jet. This will keep balls from getting stuck in the corner near that pop bumper.

I know this because for over a year I had that piece of plastic screwed into the lower left ultra jet, and balls would get stuck all the time. I’d gripe about poor design that allows for this until about two weeks ago I saw a picture that shows its correct location. Now I have a happy family.

#5516 4 years ago

My goalie just broke, anyone know where I can find a replacement one at? Marco is out of stock in them

#5517 4 years ago

Had the same problem two weeks ago and ordered this one: ebay.com link: Pinball World Cup Soccer WCS Goalie MOD
Will be here shortly, but i guess with this mod the problem will be solved forever!

#5518 4 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Had the same problem two weeks ago and ordered this one: ebay.com link » Pinball World Cup Soccer Wcs Goalie Mod
Will be here shortly, but i guess with this mod the problem will be solved forever!

Interesting to use metal... Never thought about that. I made my own out of plastic.

But the most important question would be why they did include a goal keeper from France.. They were not qualified for the World Cup in 1994.

#5519 4 years ago

Yeah that's a great fix to use metal. I've got an extra sticker of the goalie, I could probably take some sheet metal and make one..

#5520 4 years ago

I could be wrong but it looks like the metal goalie is more narrow than the original thus exposing more of the net and making goals easier.

As if goal tenders don't have enough to worry about.

#5521 4 years ago

Alright took some sheet metal this evening and made my own goalie. Will see how it holds up over time. I alreqdy had a replacement sticker just stuck it on the metal.

57B4F094-F835-4839-B798-F48A82A86476 (resized).jpeg57B4F094-F835-4839-B798-F48A82A86476 (resized).jpeg
#5522 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Alright took some sheet metal this evening and made my own goalie. Will see how it holds up over time. I alreqdy had a replacement sticker just stuck it on the metal.[quoted image]

Why would it not hold better than a plastic? I estimate it will be for home use an eternal solution...also the different stickers gives you options (also France)

#5523 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

That looks great, nice work. Isn't there supposed to be a red light under the doggie head?
[quoted image]

Yes, the red light is there, but it's mounted behind.

#5524 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Yes, the red light is there, but it's mounted behind.

Did you put a red LED bulb in that socket? I think the reason it was questioned is because the "normal" WCS has a bulb with a red condom on it that sticks through that hole. Without the bulb sticking through, it looks like it's missing.

#5525 4 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Did you put a red LED bulb in that socket? I think the reason it was questioned is because the "normal" WCS has a bulb with a red condom on it that sticks through that hole. Without the bulb sticking through, it looks like it's missing.

That’s totally wrong.
It doesn’t stick through the striker metal plate.
The bulb with the red condom sits behind the metal plate, and can be seen through the plate’s hole.
(Trust me, I’m a purist )

#5526 4 years ago

Neat solution and very good looking in my opinion!
20200122_191124 (resized).jpg20200122_191124 (resized).jpg

#5527 4 years ago

Looks very nice indeed.
It does not bow on impact with the ball?

#5528 4 years ago

Yeah I’d be worried the metal gets all bent up and shredded over time.

#5529 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Time will tell.
Does look good though.

#5530 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Maybe if you fix it on a sheet of wood with a kind of elastic glue.

#5531 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Looks very nice indeed.
It does not bow on impact with the ball?

Not a bit - it is a 2mm sheet metal, no way you could bend this with a pinball i guess.

#5532 4 years ago
Quoted from mastercello:

Neat solution and very good looking in my opinion!
[quoted image]

Yeah I thought about trimming the outline of his head like that, but thought if the ball hit his head at a high speed it would destroy his head.

#5533 4 years ago

I like it too!

2mm thick metal with a complex custom shape ? mmmm I'm not sure I have the tool to build one myself...

#5535 4 years ago

I would gladly take these off your hands!

#5536 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

It doesn’t stick through the striker metal plate.

I stand corrected in my explanation...ultimately, you can see the bulb in the hole and in the case of the game in question, you couldn't see anything, which is why I think it was questioned. I just went and looked at my game and you're right, it's mounted behind and can be seen through the hole.

#5537 4 years ago

What are the opinions of my goal?

DSC_1640 (resized).JPGDSC_1640 (resized).JPG
#5538 4 years ago

Looks like a goal to me! Haha

#5539 4 years ago

Potentially stupid question, but are the center skill stickers that cover the inserts replaceable? I have a few that aren't looking so hot.

IMG_20200126_205434 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_205434 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_205436 (resized).jpgIMG_20200126_205436 (resized).jpg
#5540 4 years ago

I wouldn’t sweat those... they look pretty solid.

#5541 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I wouldn’t sweat those... they look pretty solid.

For now, they're okay. I chipped a piece off Strength yesterday because I'm an idiot and I forgot that I had a Sega Genesis WSC94 game, in box, on top of my machine when I scooted it over to address a bulb in one of the pops. It came flying down and I'm pretty sure hit that spot with the corner of the case. I guess that's better than if the glass had been on and it shattered...I felt like a pretty big idiot regardless.

#5542 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Potentially stupid question, but are the center skill stickers that cover the inserts replaceable? I have a few that aren't looking so hot.[quoted image][quoted image]

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9379/insert-decal-set-for-world-cup-soccer?c=2109

You have to jump through a few hoops to get it to the US but I lost a few decals when I pulled some really bad mylar off and this saved my game.

#5543 4 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/insert-decals-overlays/9379/insert-decal-set-for-world-cup-soccer?c=2109
You have to jump through a few hoops to get it to the US but I lost a few decals when I pulled some really bad mylar off and this saved my game.

Thank you so much! I'll likely buy a set and just leave mine be until/if things get worse. I like having supplies handy in case I need them.

Much more importantly, I need to address my right GI being dim.. but that's a completely different headache

#5544 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Potentially stupid question, but are the center skill stickers that cover the inserts replaceable? I have a few that aren't looking so hot.[quoted image][quoted image]

Why decals or water slides? I never really understood that... you’ll most probably create ghosting later.

1.buy a silkscreen set from amazon
2.buy some black ink for silkscreening.
3.make a clean vector image of your black damaged area in photoshop
4.print this image and then scan it with the piece of silkscreen in order to transfer it on the piece (follow the silkscreen manufacturer’s instructions)
5.silkscreen to your playfield
6.clearcoat your playfield to lock and unify your work.

Stenciling is a good alternative if you’re good with a blade and the airbrush.

#5545 4 years ago

Unfortunately have another issue that's popped up that I can't figure out. The ball lock magnet doesn't seem to want to activate consistently. I've tried swapping out the fuse in F904 on the fliptronic board as discussed earlier in the thread, and I've replaced the right ramp exit switch that activates the magnet, but the problem persists. I don't believe the issue is with the magnet coil itself, but rather with the switch, because if it's not working, then a right ramp shot won't give me a ticket--I'll get the "build up" audio but no payoff.

The game tends to play OK on initial startup, but after it's been on a bit, the problem kicks in. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Unfortunately have another issue that's popped up that I can't figure out. The ball lock magnet doesn't seem to want to activate consistently. I've tried swapping out the fuse in F904 on the fliptronic board as discussed earlier in the thread, and I've replaced the right ramp exit switch that activates the magnet, but the problem persists. I don't believe the issue is with the magnet coil itself, but rather with the switch, because if it's not working, then a right ramp shot won't give me a ticket--I'll get the "build up" audio but no payoff.
The game tends to play OK on initial startup, but after it's been on a bit, the problem kicks in. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

This happened to me when the ball whipped around the ramp really quick. I put a bend in the metal on the switch so the ball would make more contact and haven't had this problem since. It does slow down balls that aren't moving that quick, but that shouldn't be an issue.

#5547 4 years ago
Quoted from Sleepy:

This happened to me when the ball whipped around the ramp really quick. I put a bend in the metal on the switch so the ball would make more contact and haven't had this problem since. It does slow down balls that aren't moving that quick, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks, I’ll give it a go. But the issue doesn’t seem to depend on whether the ball is going too fast or not.

#5548 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Switch edges or single switch test under “tests” on diagnostics. Test the switch many times by rolling a ball and see if you get a closed switch every time.
You can do the same with “solenoid test” and a ball for the magnet in question.

#5549 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Switch edges or single switch test under “tests” on diagnostics. Test the switch many times by rolling a ball and see if you get a closed switch every time.
You can do the same with “solenoid test” and a ball for the magnet in question.

Thanks! This got me on the right track. The switch didn't work, and neither did the light kickback switch (same row of the switch matrix). I changed the diode on the light kickback switch (in hopes that I wouldn't have to remove a lot of other hardware to remove the switch), and that seemed to do the trick. Both the light kickback switch and right ramp exit switch are working (and the lock magnet activates).

Let's hope I'm not posting this too soon!

EDIT: perhaps I did post too soon—issues resurfaced after letting the machine sit while on. Went back into switch edge test mode and the kickback and ramp switches weren’t working—at first. But after a few pushes on the ramp switch it worked. Then everything worked and that’s where we are again, with everything working. Holding out hope.

#5550 4 years ago

Where does this plastic go?

detail.jpgdetail.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/111?hl=otrchief and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.