(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,491 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Phoerber
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wcs2 (resized).jpg
wcs3 (resized).jpg
wcs1 (resized).jpg
20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 170.
#5451 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

On the left... My goalie, tired after 20 years of being shot by steel balls. On the right the replacement decal sold by Marco for $8.99...
Colors are off (don't match at all the other plastics around), picture is not as sharp, image is mirrored... I'm a bit disappointed![quoted image]

Strange that yours is mirrored. I got a replacement from marco about 3 years back, and mine is not mirrored, and my colors are more like your original. Perhaps the originals are all gone, and they are selling reproductions now? I also ordered a new plastic at the same time.

As with most things on the machine that get hit a lot, I put small, white nylon washers between the screws and the plastics, and I have not had anything break since.

goalie (resized).jpggoalie (resized).jpg
#5452 4 years ago

Random, but I don't suppose anyone has (or knows where one can be had) an extra wireform set laying around? Any condition is fine, and preferably NOT in good condition..I need to send one off as a cow for bronzing and the one on my game was recently flame polished so I'd rather not have it stripped and bronzed!

http://www.pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts/williams-world-cup-soccer-wireforms-brass

-Jordan

#5453 4 years ago

Oh, and another random... Anyone ever tried anything crazy on the pops, like Red/White/Blue (thinking more along the lines of clear caps with colored bulbs/discs/rings)? Or does everyone just kind of stick with the green?

This isn't anything I'd do any time soon since my skirts are green and the color scheme would make that look especially bad IMO, but if/when I rebuild them, the scheme could be an option.. I dunno.

#5454 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Oh, and another random... Anyone ever tried anything crazy on the pops, like Red/White/Blue (thinking more along the lines of clear caps with colored bulbs/discs/rings)? Or does everyone just kind of stick with the green?
This isn't anything I'd do any time soon since my skirts are green and the color scheme would make that look especially bad IMO, but if/when I rebuild them, the scheme could be an option.. I dunno.

Ummm, no.

#5455 4 years ago

Shrug. I like considering 'different' options. My space shuttle has clear caps / white bulbs and I bet red/white/blue would be interesting. Granted that one is solidly 'americana' where maybe WCS isn't quite as much.. Except for the fact that you play as USA and striker is plastered all over the thing...

I'm going with clear caps and red/yellow/green on my high speed.

#5456 4 years ago

Hello guys! I was looking for my WCS94 for a long time and now I can join you! I hope If I had any problems with it you will help me solve them

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
#5457 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hello guys! I was looking for my WCS94 for a long time and now I can join you! I hope If I had any problems with it you will help me solve them [quoted image][quoted image]

First thing I would do is change the lighting, looks like a smurf threw up in the back corner

#5458 4 years ago

My WCS is driving me absolutely bonkers. The right GI is slightly dimmer. Pressing on the GI connector in the back box does seem to get it to waver slightly, but not much. I had previously been able to wiggle it and get full brightness back (although it seemed that every time I put the display back in, it would already be back to being dim again).

The connector was repinned at one point (not by me) but I do see some amount of discoloration.

I've been dealing with this and will just continue doing so for the foreseeable future if it comes down to board repair (I just shipped off two games and I'm down to 3/5 of my lineup, one of which is RRRRROUGH to play)..but man it would be nice to get this working right again.. thoughts?

IMG_20191122_183230 (resized).jpgIMG_20191122_183230 (resized).jpgIMG_20191122_183237_003 (resized).jpgIMG_20191122_183237_003 (resized).jpg
#5459 4 years ago

Replace the entire connector.
Replace the header on the board.

Then, you are sure it was fixed the right way, and you can go from there.

#5460 4 years ago

Yeah, I figured that was about it.. my pinball life is sad at the moment

IMG_20191204_221245 (resized).jpgIMG_20191204_221245 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_204312 (resized).jpgIMG_20191202_204312 (resized).jpgIMG_20191204_173047 (resized).jpgIMG_20191204_173047 (resized).jpg
#5461 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

First thing I would do is change the lighting, looks like a smurf threw up in the back corner

I've never seen any smurf in my house, anyway I'll change the lighting

#5462 4 years ago

I'm looking into changing the LM323K regulator due to heat on my WCS94 driver board. Has anyone installed the PSU5 replacement in a WPC-89 board? How did work?

https://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/featured-products-list-home-page/psu5.html#.XfLSrvyIZzm

Thank you

#5463 4 years ago

embarrassing question from a guy that's owned this game for a while now. I've looked and looked, and still can't find it...

How does one change the default home team? My game is set to the Netherlands, no offense to the Dutch, and I want it to be the good ol' USA...

#5464 4 years ago

Default home team? Never seen this.

#5465 4 years ago

Don't believe you can change that. After you beat Germany, USA becomes the champs but afaik that's the only change made to the lineup.

#5466 4 years ago

I think you may be thinking of Adjustment A.2 14: Final Match Challenger.

#5467 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Default home team? Never seen this.

Don't believe you can change that. After you beat Germany, USA becomes the champs but afaik that's the only change made to the lineup.

Yes, after beating Germany in either regular final draw multiball or the world cup wizard mode, it states that the Netherlands are the world champions. Can't be having that!

Quoted from Coyote:

I think you may be thinking of Adjustment A.2 14: Final Match Challenger.

Thank you, will check it out when I get home!

#5468 4 years ago

Didn’t realize that. Now I wonder what mine says. Haha

#5469 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Didn’t realize that. Now I wonder what mine says. Haha

Russia.

#5470 4 years ago

My WCS is driving me absolutely bonkers. The right GI is slightly dimmer. Pressing on the GI connector in the back box does seem to get it to waver slightly, but not much. I had previously been able to wiggle it and get full brightness back (although it seemed that every time I put the display back in, it would already be back to being dim again).
The connector was repinned at one point (not by me) but I do see some amount of discoloration.
I've been dealing with this and will just continue doing so for the foreseeable future if it comes down to board repair (I just shipped off two games and I'm down to 3/5 of my lineup, one of which is RRRRROUGH to play)..but man it would be nice to get this working right again.. thoughts?[quoted image][quoted image]

I know it's not likely, but have you looked in your menu to ensure your lighting is at max? GI is dimmable in the menu.

#5471 4 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

I know it's not likely, but have you looked in your menu to ensure your lighting is at max? GI is dimmable in the menu.

This ONLY adjusts how much the GI dims in attract mode after 'x' number of minutes. It does not affect an active game.

#5472 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This ONLY adjusts how much the GI dims in attract mode after 'x' number of minutes. It does not affect an active game.

Yes, you are correct. I had forgotten. Since mine is all led, and the LEDs are not dimmable, I can't use the feature, and forgot it was attract mode only, which I also don't use.

#5473 4 years ago

Wish it were that simple a fix. I'm in no position right now to pull any boards and do anything with it.

It was definitely full brightness when I bought it. Meh.

#5474 4 years ago

Wish it were that simple a fix. I'm in no position right now to pull any boards and do anything with it.
It was definitely full brightness when I bought it. Meh.

I would then unplug the GI - it's dimming because of resistance, which causes heat. Your plugs are overheating and if not fixed quickly, can cause more damage - melted plugs, or even burning. Just look up 'burnt GI' on pinside here, and you'll see lots of posts, and likely some horror pics.

#5475 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I would then unplug the GI - it's dimming because of resistance, which causes heat. Your plugs are overheating and if not fixed quickly, can cause more damage - melted plugs, or even burning. Just look up 'burnt GI' on pinside here, and you'll see lots of posts, and likely some horror pics.

Right now it's getting maybe 10 minutes of play at a time, and that's on days I even flip the breaker on. I do need to fix it sooner rather than later.. Probably when my space shuttle and high speed boards are back. Just not really wanting to drop any more machines from my row until something is back up. Bleh.

I'll probably go unplug it tonight if I make it downstairs after work, just to safeguard it some.

#5476 4 years ago

Right now it's getting maybe 10 minutes of play at a time, and that's on days I even flip the breaker on. I do need to fix it sooner rather than later.. Probably when my space shuttle and high speed boards are back. Just not really wanting to drop any more machines from my row until something is back up. Bleh.
I'll probably go unplug it tonight if I make it downstairs after work, just to safeguard it some.

Ah, that's fair. Just didn't want you leaving the game on for a party or something, and making things worse!

#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Ah, that's fair. Just didn't want you leaving the game on for a party or something, and making things worse!

Fair point for sure. My lineup is basically a trainwreck at the moment. I should do something about it.. doh

1 week later
#5478 4 years ago

Joining the club, picked it up right before Christmas!

20191220_195413 (resized).jpg20191220_195413 (resized).jpg wcs92_01 (resized).jpgwcs92_01 (resized).jpg

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

embarrassing question from a guy that's owned this game for a while now. I've looked and looked, and still can't find it...
How does one change the default home team? My game is set to the Netherlands, no offense to the Dutch, and I want it to be the good ol' USA...

Not possible, that I know of. The 1994 World Cup was in the US... For better worse, the home team is the US. The cities were all in the US.

#5480 4 years ago

What way is the ball supposed to spin, mine spins clockwise but I have played some that spin counter clockwise, what way is correct?

#5481 4 years ago
Quoted from Nickson:

What way is the ball supposed to spin, mine spins clockwise but I have played some that spin counter clockwise, what way is correct?

Clockwise is correct, except during the Final Match, where it will spin counter clockwise.

#5482 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Clockwise is correct, except during the Final Match, where it will spin counter clockwise.

I never noticed that on mine, so focused on scoring goals when I do get to the final match. Totally spins backwards.

#5483 4 years ago

What are your thoughts when it comes to the above, versus a mylar slot?

#5484 4 years ago

I'm using the cliffy slot covers and my only gripe is that the left one occasionally slides down and the ball hangs up. It could be that I didn't get it fully seated when it was happening, it hasn't happened recently that I'm aware of. Overall I'm really glad I bought them.

#5485 4 years ago

I've got a goalie target issue that I can't seem to figure out--
They system gave me an error on startup to check switch 48 (goalie target), and I got a credit dot. The game now doesn't register hits on the goalie. I cleaned the switch contacts, and wrapped one soldered wire on the switch a bit tighter. Cables under the playfield look to be in good order.
After I cleaned/adjusted, the credit dot went away, but the game still doesn't register hits on the goalie.
Any thoughts are appreciated--thanks!

#5486 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

They system gave me an error on startup to check switch 48 (goalie target), and I got a credit dot. The game now doesn't register hits on the goalie. I cleaned the switch contacts, and wrapped one soldered wire on the switch a bit tighter. Cables under the playfield look to be in good order.
After I cleaned/adjusted, the credit dot went away, but the game still doesn't register hits on the goalie.

1. Check for continuity in the switch matrix (all solder points of the ROW’s wire colour and all solder points of the COLUMN’s wire colour). Also important to check the switch’s diode - it may be backwards installed or failed.

2. If your continuity is ok in all row and column wires that this switch is in, test the WPC CPU. Ground (connect) the pin of the switch’s row to the pin of the switch’s column and see if this registers the particular switch.

#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Same on mine, replaced the diode on the switch behind the goalie and it worked again.

#5488 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

1. Check for continuity in the switch matrix (all solder points of the ROW’s wire colour and all solder points of the COLUMN’s wire colour). Also important to check the switch’s diode - it may be backwards installed or failed.
2. If your continuity is ok in all row and column wires that this switch is in, test the WPC CPU. Ground (connect) the pin of the switch’s row to the pin of the switch’s column and see if this registers the particular switch.

Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Same on mine, replaced the diode on the switch behind the goalie and it worked again.

Diode was the culprit—thanks!

#5489 4 years ago

Hey guys, i have a problem with the goal popper VUK.. In the last couple of weeks it would eventually stop working and then start working again. Now it seems that it finally stopped working.. Do you have any advice for me? Are there any known problems? The optos work fine, it just doesnt kick.
In solenoid testmode it does not work

thanks in advance

#5490 4 years ago
Quoted from throughfire:

Hey guys, i have a problem with the goal popper VUK.. In the last couple of weeks it would eventually stop working and then start working again. Now it seems that it finally stopped working.. Do you have any advice for me? Are there any known problems? The optos work fine, it just doesnt kick.
thanks in advance

Most likely a broken wire in the coil at the lug. Not a wire that’s coming from the harness (maybe), but one of the coil winding wires. Take off the coil and inspect.

#5491 4 years ago
Quoted from throughfire:

thanks in advance

1)Bring out your DMM and see if you have 50 volts on your voltage cable connection (one lead on the lug, the other on ground). The game must be on, and the interlock switch pressed.

2)check both cables -power and drive- for continuity (with the game off) from the power driver board to the coil’s solder lugs.
Continuity could be intermittent. Check to see if you get a spark when the coil works once in a while. This indicates a cold joint and needs re-soldering the wires to the lugs.

3)if your continuity and voltage are present, unsolder the coil and check its ohmage (there are charts of correct ohms for each solenoid part number)

4)if your continuity and voltage are present and the solenoid is ok, unsolder and check the corresponding (to the particular solenoid) transistor.

#5492 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Woohoo!

WCS (2) (resized).jpgWCS (2) (resized).jpg
#5493 4 years ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Just joined the club! Woohoo![quoted image]

Very nice with those black siderails.

#5494 4 years ago
Quoted from Toine79:

Very nice with those black siderails.

Thanks. Previous owners created something quite cool indeed!

Specs:

The pin was given a complete restoration by a fellow pinsider.
-Pinstadium Speakers
-Cliffys installed
-LED ColorDMD
-NOS playfield (CC by Canfield Pinball)
-Black powder armor
-Brass trails and skillshot (Chris Royalty)
-new ramps
-new plastics
-Silkscreened, licenced cabinet art
-Color LED DMD
-LEDs
-New Coin Door
-Basecoat clear high gloss black cabinet
-All mechs torn down cleaned, replated, rebuilt & rewrapped
-Harnesses scrubbed,everything else polished........
-screened,labeled,led'd and on and on.
-Boards gone through.new caps /bridges

WCS (12) (resized).jpgWCS (12) (resized).jpg
#5495 4 years ago

Thats my project for the moment.
Worked but with errors on goal through, diverter and problem with right flipper opto.
Solved it all but new problems appeared to the horizon.

I also will do a powder coating job for my lockbar, coindoor, siderails, legs and backbox hinges. Still figuring out what black gloss I will use.
Ordered Titan rubbers in yellow. Thinking of powder coating my cointoss, wire form and apron wire in the same color as my rubbers.

DSC_1612 (resized).JPGDSC_1612 (resized).JPG
#5496 4 years ago

The circular soccer player plastic that sits atop the upper left ramp has fallen off. Fortunately the nut and washer didn't fall out of reach, but the slot underneath seems to be too tight a squeeze for my hand. Does anyone have a tip/best practice for getting this on without removing the ramp? If not, does this thing serve any purpose other than ornamental (can I leave it off until my next deep clean)?

#5497 4 years ago

I have soccer ball decals on my pops.

capture (resized).jpgcapture (resized).jpg
#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

does this thing serve any purpose other than ornamental (can I leave it off until my next deep clean)?

It doesn't appear to have any purpose other than ornamental. Yes, that nut and washer underneath is pretty hard to get to! You could lightly super glue the washer to the nut then insert it into a socket wrench (5/16"?) to get it in there to hold while you tighten from above.

#5499 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

The circular soccer player plastic that sits atop the upper left ramp has fallen off. Fortunately the nut and washer didn't fall out of reach, but the slot underneath seems to be too tight a squeeze for my hand. Does anyone have a tip/best practice for getting this on without removing the ramp? If not, does this thing serve any purpose other than ornamental (can I leave it off until my next deep clean)?

First of all, this plastic is screwed on the ramp with a sheet metal screw, not a machine screw + nut. Here is the assembly in the BOM parts list:
1719 .2 A-19051 plfd plastic assy-50031 1
1720 ..3 31-1925-32 plfd plastic-world cup 1
1721 ..3 03-8022-2 "spacer 1.062 L""" 1
1722 ..3 4106-01088-24 sms #6X1 1/2 sl-hwh 1

Second, you need a "magnet in a stick" to reach metal parts that have fallen in there. This is a MUST-HAVE tool!!! you don't want loose metal parts down your wire harness grounding stuff and blowing fuses!

Third, if you have a big hole in your ramp and want to reduce its diameter for the screw to be tight, there are a lot of ways you can do that. Others use the super-glue + baking soda trick, other use epoxy glue. I personally use a UV curing glue because it stays translucent when it cures and is very very hard. Just make sure you sand around the hole a bit before applying glue for better adhesion.

Lastly, YES, this plastic assembly serves a purpose: If you have an airball, the ball will land on it, and fall safely back on the ramp.

#5500 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

First of all, this plastic is screwed on the ramp with a sheet metal screw, not a machine screw + nut.

Indeed, mine is held with a sheet metal screw... but it barely holds it, it falls on a regular basis. I guess too much assembly / disassembly made the thing loose. I think using sheet metal screws in plastic is not really a good design.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 1,159.00
There are 8,491 posts in this topic. You are on page 110 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.