(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 170.
#5301 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Sometimes when I’m rewarded Multiball through I think the striker hole I only get 2 balls. Is that normal?

Yes that is normal. The only way to get 3-ball multiball through striker awards, is to already have a ball locked on the mini playfield

#5302 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Sometimes when I’m rewarded Multiball through I think the striker hole I only get 2 balls. Is that normal?

Pretty sure that’s normal, since the game doesn’t have a ball in the lock for you. Or it might think you have a ball in the lock. Maybe check your ball lock switches?

#5303 4 years ago

Do you guys mean RE-awarded (restart) multiball, as in you didn't score a jackpot and drained to one ball, and the game gives you the chance to restart multiball by either shooting the penalty kick saucer by the goal, or the tv scoop during a timer? Because yes, that's normal. There may be other shots that RE-award multiball during that timer, but I can't think of them now...

Being "awarded" multiball from the Striker VUK? Never seen that as a Striker award, and in fact, mine, and everyone I've played have been linear (penalty kick, award 3 goals, 3 cities, extra ball...) maybe my settings are odd?

#5304 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

Do you guys mean RE-awarded (restart) multiball, as in you didn't score a jackpot and drained to one ball, and the game gives you the chance to restart multiball by either shooting the penalty kick saucer by the goal, or the tv scoop during a timer? Because yes, that's normal. There may be other shots that RE-award multiball during that timer, but I can't think of them now...
Being "awarded" multiball from the Striker VUK? Never seen that as a Striker award, and in fact, mine, and everyone I've played have been linear (penalty kick, award 3 goals, 3 cities, extra ball...) maybe my settings are odd?

I will check my settings. I know I've been rewarded multiball a few times without hitting the final draw shot. I need to pay attention to figure out what is rewarding it to me, but when it happens it only kicks out one new ball to give me a 2 ball multiball.

#5305 4 years ago

Now that I think of it, if after playing a multiball that is awarded by shooting the tv scoop after qualifying the 5 inserts and locking a ball, and you don't get a jackpot, you can shoot the ramps to relock a ball during the multiball restart countdown, and then another ball is kicked to the plunger to restart a 2 ball mutliball. If you score a jackpot and then drain to one ball, you are not given the opportunity to restart the smaller, 2 ball multiball.

As for my stryker awards, they are absolutely linear (as are the tv awards). I think after completing the "find stryker" mode (where rudy makes a cameo in the audience!), it just repeats back around to penalty kick. The game isn't set to tournament mode, as it awards playable extra balls, and you can "buy" up to 3 additional balls per game...I think the only setting I changed was that a replay awards an extra ball as the game is set up papa difficulty, and I don't want guests getting too frustrated (and me as well, haha)

#5306 4 years ago

Without the game in 'compensating' mode (i.e. the game recognizes a switch is bad, and is compensating one shot to award another shot), there are two ways to start the multiballs -
By default, it's Shoot Lock, Shoot TV.
There is an option in settings to allow an 'easy start' multiball, which will allow a SECOND ramp shot to lock a second ball and start multiball. I enable this option, just because I looooove shooting that lock!

#5307 4 years ago

Pretty sure he means when Striker just awards you multiball. I think it’s a “bozo award”... pretty sure you may see it on ball 3 if you haven’t made a lot of progress but I don’t know for sure.

I have seen it happen, but I’d have to do some experiments to figure out what the exact situation is.

#5308 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Pretty sure he means when Striker just awards you multiball. I think it’s a “bozo award”... pretty sure you may see it on ball 3 if you haven’t made a lot of progress but I don’t know for sure.
I have seen it happen, but I’d have to do some experiments to figure out what the exact situation is.

Right—if on ball 3 you have not yet gotten a multiball, then the first striker’s hideout award will be multiball, whether you have a ball locked or not.

#5309 4 years ago

Just checked mine again, I can't get the third skill shot even if I pull the plunger all the way back, I put a new rubber shooter tip on and no difference. Should I buy a stronger shooter rod spring?

#5310 4 years ago
#5311 4 years ago

yes

#5312 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Just checked mine again, I can't get the third skill shot even if I pull the plunger all the way back, I put a new rubber shooter tip on and no difference. Should I buy a stronger shooter rod spring?

Try: Disassemble the shooter rod assembly, clean or replace the sleeve, clean the shooter rod and polish it with a Scotchbrite pad. Reassemble.

1 week later
#5313 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the ramp guards? I’m missing the right one for the right ramp

0723982B-5048-4741-9B28-DD6A32D350C6 (resized).png0723982B-5048-4741-9B28-DD6A32D350C6 (resized).png
#5314 4 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

Does anyone know where I can get the ramp guards? I’m missing the right one for the right ramp[quoted image]

I can't seem to find it on Marco but I bet you can find a little L bracket at the hardware store that works. That's all it is.

#5315 4 years ago

Two questions:

Are gold legs still available anywhere? Would like to go back to 'stock' there if possible. Granted I could always just have mine powdercoated or something.

Has anyone had issue with the left free kick saucer kicking HARD on the first play after firing up the machine but not thereafter? Mine kicks like a mule--straight down the middle--almost as soon as it hits the hole. But subsequent hits slowly cradle into the hole and kick out more gently onto the left flipper. Behavior seems to replicate every time I cycle the machine.

#5316 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Are gold legs still available anywhere? Would like to go back to 'stock' there if possible. Granted I could always just have mine powdercoated or something.

pinballplatting i would think has some...

#5317 4 years ago

Kicking around some ideas, thinking maybe powdercoating Iegs/rails/lock bar either gold or maybe candy purple to match the goalie on the side. Hmm.

#5318 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Kicking around some ideas, thinking maybe powdercoating Iegs/rails/lock bar either gold or maybe candy purple to match the goalie on the side. Hmm.

check this out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/30#post-5025896

#5320 4 years ago

My game is finally going back together. New ramps, plastics, and insert decals. I lost some when I removed the two layers of mylar that were on it when I bought it. It’s a reimport so a lot of things were wrong. I got the decals from Pinball Center and they look pretty good.

BA313D9D-6743-4158-A965-16F1BD56F11C (resized).jpegBA313D9D-6743-4158-A965-16F1BD56F11C (resized).jpeg
#5321 4 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

My game is finally going back together. New ramps, plastics, and insert decals. I lost some when I removed the two layers of mylar that were on it when I bought it. It’s a reimport so a lot of things were wrong. I got the decals from Pinball Center and they look pretty good.[quoted image]

Looks great!

#5322 4 years ago
Quoted from IceMaster:

New ramps, plastics, and insert decals.

Looks great! I'd like to see a closeup of how a new decal looks compared to existing playfield. Are those the new Starship Fantasy ramps? Any issues with fit or finish?

#5323 4 years ago

New pinballplating legs/lock bar/side rails (not yet installed, will obviously take a bit longer to get to). Just noticed I've got a bunch of lights suddenly out on the right side. Blah. No time to research right now.
IMG_20190928_165314 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_165314 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_165321 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_165321 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170356 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170356 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170400 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170400 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170541 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_170541 (resized).jpg

The coin door is going to go off for fresh powder soon. Going with the splatter black from PrismaticPowders which is what I used on my neo geo. It's fantastic!

IMG_20190720_171401 (resized).jpgIMG_20190720_171401 (resized).jpg
#5324 4 years ago

The ramps look great and they shoot really fast. One fit issue I had was I wasn’t able to put in the two small screws into the mini playfield through the ramp. My mini playfield bottom is worn down quite a bit so that could be a factor as well. The magnet does grab the ball without issue so I’m fine with it but it is a new magnet and magnet post. I also wasn’t able to put both screws at the base of where the ramp meets the playfield on both sides. I suppose I could drill some new holes but I don’t think it’s necessary especially with the ramp guards keeping them secure as well.

The inserts came out pretty nice and you really can’t tell unless you’re looking close up in some good light. I put mylar over all the ones I replaced so they’ll be safe. Pinball Center said it wasn’t necessary but I think it will smooth over any raises or dips around the inserts.

5EB40F70-2748-407F-A210-76F1EB47F454 (resized).jpeg5EB40F70-2748-407F-A210-76F1EB47F454 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5325 4 years ago

I am sure most of you all seen this as its a very informative video. I learned something I could of used the other day If you are in multi ball mode you can use the buy in button to substitute hitting a ramp to light the jackpot. But you can only do it once.

#5326 4 years ago

Hey everyone. I'm going to see a WCS for sale tomorrow. Aside from the common issues from this generation (for instance I already know J120 is busted), what are the WCS-specific things I should check? Diverter? Ball motor? Other?

Also, I know the ball isn't in great shape, see picture attached. Will a good old fashioned cleaning do the trick or does it need replacing?

Thanks!

2019-09-20 10.38.44 (resized).JPG2019-09-20 10.38.44 (resized).JPG
#5327 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Aside from the common issues from this generation (for instance I already know J120 is busted).

I'm in the market for a WCS too, and I would be interested in hearing what the other common issues from this generation are.

#5328 4 years ago

Make sure the ball motor and goalie motor are good. Look for broken plastics especially around the goal. Also look for cracked ramps (they do make repro ramps now but they are pricey) They make a new soccer ball for $50 or so. Makes a huge difference putting a new one one it is well worth it

#5329 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Make sure the ball motor and goalie motor are good. Look for broken plastics especially around the goal. Also look for cracked ramps (they do make repro ramps now but they are pricey) They make a new soccer ball for $50 or so. Makes a huge difference putting a new one one it is well worth it

Thanks a lot!

#5330 4 years ago

I would also be sure to take a look at the scoops and see how much wear they have including the one for the goal kick toward the back. I bought one recently and they were way worse than I expected -- I ended up repairing them with some wood epoxy and then putting both mantis and cliffy protectors on them. Looks awesome in the end, but a little bit of a pain.

#5331 4 years ago

Is there a list available for al the rubbers and post sleeves?

#5332 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I would also be sure to take a look at the scoops and see how much wear they have including the one for the goal kick toward the back. I bought one recently and they were way worse than I expected -- I ended up repairing them with some wood epoxy and then putting both mantis and cliffy protectors on them. Looks awesome in the end, but a little bit of a pain.

Thanks. After reading the topic a bit more, I read some posts mentioning issues with the “goal” kicker, that’s something else I’ll make sure to check. Unfortunately the seller had to cancel for today, hopefully I’ll be able to check it out on Sunday.

#5333 4 years ago

CPR just released their WORLD CUP SOCCER 94' Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/wcs94glass/

Low Res jpgs is the reason for blurry Images....

WorldCupSoccerBackglass (resized).jpgWorldCupSoccerBackglass (resized).jpgWorldCupSoccerBackglass_Mirroring (resized).jpgWorldCupSoccerBackglass_Mirroring (resized).jpg
#5334 4 years ago
Quoted from Sk0r:

Hey everyone. I'm going to see a WCS for sale tomorrow. Aside from the common issues from this generation (for instance I already know J120 is busted), what are the WCS-specific things I should check? Diverter? Ball motor? Other?
Also, I know the ball isn't in great shape, see picture attached. Will a good old fashioned cleaning do the trick or does it need replacing?
Thanks![quoted image]

I went to see the machine tonight. If I manage to negotiate it at the right price, I think I'm looking at a good project pin which is what I'm looking for.

- Ball motor isn't working. Also ball needs to be replaced
- Goalie switch doesn't register
- Left target of left ramp entry doesn't register
- Right lane change doesn't work
- Lots of broken plastics
- Nasty J120 (or J121, didn't check) burn
- Metal ramp is "desoldered" from its metal base (on top of the right slingshot)
- Noticed a weird hack on the top right board - I think it's the Dot Matrix card but not sure
- Rubbers and flippers need to be changed/rebuilt
- Noticed cabinet cracks on both sides of the lock bar
- Probably a few other issues I didn't have the chance to notice haha
- Pretty much everything needs to be cleaned up

+ Both magnets are working (magna + ball lock)
+ Goalie motor works
+ Ramp needs a good cleaning but I didn't see any crack
+ No major wear on the playfield. It's not perfect but a solid 8/10 after cleaning I'd say

Some questions if you guys don't mind:

- Damaged board: could you confirm I'm looking at the Dot Matrix board (see pictures attached)? Any idea why the dual-diode hack? Basically I'm trying to understand how worried I should be about that (new Rottendog board would cost me 130€ with shipping). [edit: after checking the manual, I'm 99% sure it's the Dot Matrix board. I would still be interested in your opinion about the hack job and seemingly burnt area though!]
- Ball motor: can it be fixed or am I looking at a mandatory new motor order?
- Cabinet cracks: are these common?
- Bonus question: the only pin I’ve owned was a System 11b so I'm not very familiar with WPC test procedure. I did manage to go to test mode but nothing happened when I went to coil test, flash or sound test. Did I forget to do something? On my Taxi, coil mode would automatically fire all coils one after the other. I did push one of the button to switch from "Repeat" to "Linear" (or something like that) but still, nothing was happening.

Many thanks!
IMG_1063 (resized).jpgIMG_1063 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpgIMG_3451 (resized).jpgIMG_4000 (resized).jpgIMG_4000 (resized).jpg

#5335 4 years ago

the hack on the DMD controller might be if the "repairer" had issues locating the correct zener diode. you can make the right voltage value with a series connection of multiple zeners. Should be an easy replacement, the main concern is to make sure the voltages are correct at the DMD as some "repairs" increased the DMD voltage or the differential voltage to make outgassed DMD's look brighter.

The cabinet cracks aren't obvious in the images you supplied, but remember these are not new in box so they will exhibit various issues that depending on your skill set can be repaired.

Ball motor might be an issue with the pinion gear (most likely) but can be also a failed motor, driver, motor interface board or just a loose/broken wire. Impossible to assess from 20000k's away. lol.

If the playfield is good with limited wear around saucers, goalie and TV award then most other things can be repaired. It all depends on price and your skill set.

#5336 4 years ago

Is the ball motor completely dead, or does it still make a whirring sound but the ball doesn’t spin?

#5337 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Is the ball motor completely dead, or does it still make a whirring sound but the ball doesn’t spin?

I don't recall hearing any sound at all.

Quoted from centre-drain:

Should be an easy replacement, the main concern is to make sure the voltages are correct at the DMD as some "repairs" increased the DMD voltage or the differential voltage to make outgassed DMD's look brighter.

So in mid-term, I should expect to at least have the board repaired or worst case scenario buy a brand new one, right? And/or that the DMD is originally outgassed? :/

Ball motor might be an issue with the pinion gear (most likely) but can be also a failed motor, driver, motor interface board or just a loose/broken wire. Impossible to assess from 20000k's away.

Yes. Unfortunately I can't spend time on site to disassemble the whole thing. I will assume the whole assembly needs to be replaced and weigh that in the negotiation.

It all depends on price and your skill set.

I'm cool with basic repairs but I don't have the skills for complex board repairs for example.

I asked the seller to come see the pin a second time this week as I want to run the test mode again and better assess potential issues (any idea why coils/sounds/flash weren't firing up during test mode?). Like I said, overall that's a good project but I could also easily end up losing money (I'm not looking to speculate but don't want to end up spending significantly more than what a WCS in good working conditions cost). As it is, I don't see myself offering more than 1100€ max for it.

What drives me crazy is that the seller (super friendly guy) recently spent money to have a "pro" service it. This guy told the seller the burnt connector was nothing to worry about, didn't run test mode, and basically didn't notice any of the stuff I mentioned. Amazing.

#5338 4 years ago

I was underneath mine instead a trough led light strip and noticed the ball save magnet doesn't have a fuse at the magnet. I know with addams family there is an issue where the magnet can lock on and burn the playfield. Is this a possible issue with this game and if so, do they make a magnet fuse kit?

#5339 4 years ago

With no sound on a motor, you MIGHT find that one of the wires have snapped at the connection. That’s best case assuming you know how to solder (two simple connections). Expense aside though, replacing the motor is a pretty simple process.

#5340 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

With no sound on a motor, you MIGHT find that one of the wires have snapped at the connection. That’s best case assuming you know how to solder (two simple connections). Expense aside though, replacing the motor is a pretty simple process.

Saw the pin again this morning. Bad news: the ball motor does make a sound but nothing happens. Ball assembly alone (motor + ball + shipping to Europe) is a 230€ expense.

More damages I also noticed: a nasty ramp crack in the left outlane return area and creased cabinet decals where the legs are bolted.

On the bright(er) side, I managed to run the test mode (it didn't run the first time because I wasn't pushing the high voltage coin door button). All coils and sounds are working, so that's good.

I made an offer which I think is fair considering the condition. We'll see ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any case, many thanks for your answers!

#5341 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

CPR just released their WORLD CUP SOCCER 94' Backglass with Real Custom Mirroring!
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/wcs94glass/
Low Res jpgs is the reason for blurry Images....[quoted image][quoted image]

Is any of you club members planning to go for the new mirrored backglass ? A bit pricey but looks good... tempting...

#5342 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Is any of you club members planning to go for the new mirrored backglass ? A bit pricey but looks good... tempting...

I can't tell the difference from the original.

#5343 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

I grabbed one, since my original has a bad scratch. If I can get a decent comparison picture, I'll post it here when it arrives.

#5344 4 years ago
Quoted from dthomasset:

I grabbed one, since my original has a bad scratch. If I can get a decent comparison picture, I'll post it here when it arrives.

Great, let us know!

My wcs translite has light scratches as well. The scratches are all in white areas (world cup logo, striker's shirt), so I guess I could try to fix them.

#5345 4 years ago

I'm in for one if it's nice. I was planning on replacing this at some point anyway.

IMG_20191013_192046 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_192046 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_192053 (resized).jpgIMG_20191013_192053 (resized).jpg
#5346 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I can't tell the difference from the original.

The new one is a printed backglass. Yours is a translite.

#5347 4 years ago

Back in the club! Was away for 3.5 years but regretted selling mine right away. Needs a new soccer ball and goalie - those come on Monday. Also a good cleaning of course.
0F077C3F-3690-4107-B8B5-C46124372FCC (resized).jpeg0F077C3F-3690-4107-B8B5-C46124372FCC (resized).jpeg

#5348 4 years ago

Officially out of the club but I bet I’ll be back in some time, good luck all! #GOAL

#5349 4 years ago

Does anyone know which compression spring is the correct size for the diverter assembly?

#5350 4 years ago

Hey guys, I have a full set of Pinball Bulbs LEDs with speaker lights, and a set of blue Titan rings with purple posts that I won’t be using. This would be over $300 new, any interest at $200 shipped (US only please) PM me. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 14.95
$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,159.00
There are 8,490 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/107?hl=bluebomber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.