(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 170.
#5251 4 years ago

?:
Is there supposed to be a lock washer and nut on the screw on the back of the goalie.

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

?:
Is there supposed to be a lock washer and nut on the screw on the back of the goalie.

That is what is on Mine.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

google "4700-00129-00B" and "4008-01015-08B"

Thanks. I ended up finding the stock washer/screw being used on one of the ramps lol. I'll order a new washer on my next big order though because the one I have is some ghetto paint job.

For posterity, the soccer ball mount just uses a standard #8-32 3/4" screw in black. Most hardware stores will stock them.

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That is what is on Mine.

Thanks!
Yeah I was wondering cause the screw on mine came loose the other day.

#5255 4 years ago

Looking for a nice wcs pm if interested. Thanks

#5256 4 years ago

Has anyone used a playfield protector on one of these? If so, how do you like it? The machine I got is nice but does have some wear around a few inserts. It's not so bad that it's worth repairing but it will get worse if not protected. I could use mylar but was thinking of just getting a full pf protector and calling it a day.

#5257 4 years ago

I think those make the game play crappy. Never been a fan.

#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think those make the game play crappy. Never been a fan.

Why is that cw?
Does it slow things down
or...?

#5259 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Why is that cw?
Does it slow things down
or...?

Just plays weird. Hard to nail down one thing. Just don’t like the feel. Similar to why some don’t like super bands or titans.

Also I’ve seen these develop lots of dirt underneath after a lot of plays.

#5260 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just plays weird. Hard to nail down one thing. Just don’t like the feel. Similar to why some don’t like super bands or titans.
Also I’ve seen these develop lots of dirt underneath after a lot of plays.

Gotcha
Thinkin' I'd probably prefer the original as well and as usual. Thanks.

#5261 4 years ago

Just joined the club and wanted to seek some advice.

The play field is pretty good, but has a decent amount of wear around the kick outs, goalie and some inserts. Has anyone used the overlay from pinball.center?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/9640/printed-playfield-protector-for-world-cup-soccer?number=65315

#5262 4 years ago
Quoted from WhiskeyTango:

Just joined the club and wanted to seek some advice.
The play field is pretty good, but has a decent amount of wear around the kick outs, goalie and some inserts. Has anyone used the overlay from pinball.center?
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/world-cup-soccer/9640/printed-playfield-protector-for-world-cup-soccer?number=65315

Interesting concept, but as chuckwurt said, it won't play "right". But that's up to you.

I'd be more likely to throw a set of cliffy's on to cover any damage, and selectively place mylar at any worn inserts to prevent any further damage. If you're feeling motivated, you can certainly correct the insert wear (there's plenty of guides around these parts), but I'm not sure I would sink that level of time into a player's condition wcs. But again, that's up to you. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

#5263 4 years ago

Right is subjective. People used to say Mylar made the game not play right, and then they said clearcoating makes games not play right and now we Mylar clearcoated games, lol. It’s just a different feel.

Some people say Cliffys make a game not play right. Some people say Titan flipper rubbers make a game not play right. Hell some people say LEDs make a game not play right.

I don’t care for full PF protectors myself, but if you have bad damage you just can’t deal with this might be a great option. I have played games with them on tho and it doesn’t ruin the game or anything. It’s just a little different.

#5264 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Right is subjective. People used to say Mylar made the game not play right, and then they said clearcoating makes games not play right and now we Mylar clearcoated games, lol. It’s just a different feel.
Some people say Cliffys make a game not play right. Some people say Titan flipper rubbers make a game not play right. Hell some people say LEDs make a game not play right.
I don’t care for full PF protectors myself, but if you have bad damage you just can’t deal with this might be a great option. I have played games with them on tho and it doesn’t ruin the game or anything. It’s just a little different.

Agreed. For me, the Mylar, over time, makes the play field look a bit dull. It’s not as vibrant as it is without it. I’d prefer some dimples and imperfections to a full protector. But, as you say, that is subjective. Why put a cover on your beautiful couch? Why put a wrap over the beautiful paint job of your Lamborghini? If you like the idea of pure protection and preservation, do it. If you like to enjoy things naturally, don’t. It’s all personal preference.

#5265 4 years ago

This is definitely better than players condition and I do have a set of plastics, ramps and posts. I'm leaning towards getting the playfield touched up and going from there.

#5266 4 years ago

Everyone can have different opinions about Mylar, clearcoating, new material rubbers, Cliffies and other protective measures, but having your ball rolling on a relatively thick sheet of hard plastic is a whole different story.
The ball will not behave the same as on wood.
Not to mention that you will have to do some modifications in some playfield parts to compensate for the extra thickness and the dirt it will accumulate underneath after many plays.

I would just sell the old playfield to someone for his project and spend an extra ~400 to buy a NOS or repro pf.

#5267 4 years ago

Got my comet LEDs and did most of the conversion last night. Coming along nicely so far!

IMG_20190829_234745 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_234745 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_234757_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_234757_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_234801 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_234801 (resized).jpg
#5268 4 years ago

Hello guys! I'd like to buy WCS94 and I found one guy who is selling it. The price is very high that's why I'd like to ask you for opinions: below you will find a few photos - can you try to find some defects of the machine? Before I take a decision I'd like to know your opinions. Thanks in advance!

https://www.fotosik.pl/aukcje/1485733

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Hello guys! I'd like to buy WCS94 and I found one guy who is selling it. The price is very high that's why I'd like to ask you for opinions: below you will find a few photos - can you try to find some defects of the machine? Before I take a decision I'd like to know your opinions. Thanks in advance!

I just quickly went through and the only thing that stood out to me is a little bit of wear on the "stamina" insert... Not a major issue and totally normal.

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

I would just sell the old playfield to someone for his project and spend an extra ~400 to buy a NOS or repro pf.

There are no repros or NOS playfields available. I've reached out to the companies and the licensing fees to reproduce the playfield are "ridiculous". If you know of one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat as would a ton of other people.

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from lecter:

Those pictures do not include any shots of inside the back box or cabinet. I'd ask for those before spending money on a machine, particularly the CPU board with the battery holder (possible corrosion) and the driver board (possible hacks).

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Got my comet LEDs and did most of the conversion last night. Coming along nicely so far![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. Did you use sunlight or natural white for the GI and behind the translite?

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from IN_Pins:

Looks good. Did you use sunlight or natural white for the GI and behind the translite?

I used all natural white except for the coin toss assembly where I used warm white in lieu of those ugly yellow condoms.

I am very curious about trying sunlights but for this game I wanted that "stadium" lighting feel. I color matched most inserts pretty straight forward but used pink in the countries and tickets inserts and flex pink for the rollovers and saucers . I think I'm gonna switch the speed/stamina, etc., inserts to colors though as I've seen that done and liked it. The inserts are a bit yellowed so they don't come out as "white" as I would like.

This is the actual list that I used, all from Comet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/184JT5dTY7mBrOASSSZW8M2_Rx-SgplM6fzo2pukBbYw

#5274 4 years ago

For those of you that haven't seen this post...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-big-is-too-big-for-a-dmd-

I just did it to my WCS and I love it. IMG_8071 (resized).jpegIMG_8071 (resized).jpeg

photographing colors is hard...

#5275 4 years ago

Man. I can't decide how I feel about that. I think I love it but I'm not sure. What's the total cost, all in?

#5276 4 years ago

I’m still trying to diagnose an issue with my goalie popper VUK. It frequently won’t get the ball over the hump to come down the wire ramp. I resoldered all the joints (I thought this helped at first but the problem resurfaced after a couple games), and inspected the assembly. Resistance measured OK. Sleeve looks to be fine. The plunger seems to be a bit worn on the edges—photo attached, showing some “mushrooming”—I admit I’ve never seen a new one to know if this one is the likely culprit (and launching the ball at a bad angle to smack it against the cage).

Any thoughts are appreciated.

4780A48F-2C38-406D-8E7F-6A18702E123D (resized).jpeg4780A48F-2C38-406D-8E7F-6A18702E123D (resized).jpeg
#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I just did it to my WCS and I love it. [quoted image]

Looks great, that's a fun idea... Is the sound still OK with the panel blocking the front of the speakers?

#5278 4 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Looks great, that's a fun idea... Is the sound still OK with the panel blocking the front of the speakers?

The panels are connected via magnetic stand offs so there is actually a gap that allows the sound to come out the top, bottom, and sides. Overall it doesn't really effect it much. I turned it up a click or two and haven't noticed a difference really.

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Man. I can't decide how I feel about that. I think I love it but I'm not sure. What's the total cost, all in?

The big expense is you have to have the LED version of a ColorDMD so that is like $385.
The Panels were like $35 from China and the standoffs were like $15.
Another $15 for the metal plates and new ribbon cables so roughly $450 all together.

No damage to the speaker panel or ColorDMD so you can swap back to normal at any time and only be out like $65.

#5280 4 years ago

Here is a link to video of it in action!

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I just did it to my WCS and I love it. [quoted image]

That's actually kind of bad ass!

#5282 4 years ago

Can you take a picture of the game off? Is it just a big grey display? Actually looks pretty good on...

#5283 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Here is a link to video of it in action!

What about when your score goes into the billions? How's it look then?

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

What about when your score goes into the billions? How's it look then?

The same as it did before but bigger?

#5285 4 years ago

Haha. Not sure why but for some reason the scores look crammed to me. But I'm sure it's like this stock too and I'm just not putting it together in my head. Looks really good and I was considering the color dmd anyway..

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you take a picture of the game off? Is it just a big grey display? Actually looks pretty good on...

Here is a video with the screen off and then a little more gameplay.

#5287 4 years ago

The more I see, the more I like. Guhhhh.

#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Here is a video with the screen of and then a little more gameplay.

Any chance you could just video a couple minutes of the attract mode? It has some cool animations I’d love to see.

#5289 4 years ago

Does anyone else get a credit dot for skill shot 1 opto being bad. In my case, its just the ball never seems to make it through that skill shot much and I guess the game thinks something is wrong with it

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I’m still trying to diagnose an issue with my goalie popper VUK. It frequently won’t get the ball over the hump to come down the wire ramp. I resoldered all the joints (I thought this helped at first but the problem resurfaced after a couple games), and inspected the assembly. Resistance measured OK. Sleeve looks to be fine. The plunger seems to be a bit worn on the edges—photo attached, showing some “mushrooming”—I admit I’ve never seen a new one to know if this one is the likely culprit (and launching the ball at a bad angle to smack it against the cage).
Any thoughts are appreciated.[quoted image]

Get a new sleeve, plunger, and coil. They are all cheap and could stand replacement after 30 years.

#5291 4 years ago

So it turns out I had the wrong color settings selected! I needed to swap from RGB to RBG which is a setting on the ColorDMD. Here is a quick video showing it now the correct way.

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

Does anyone else get a credit dot for skill shot 1 opto being bad. In my case, its just the ball never seems to make it through that skill shot much and I guess the game thinks something is wrong with it

Nope. I regularly make all three skill shots though.

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. I regularly make all three skill shots though.

E4D296BF-869F-4307-B132-36117B60BC70.gifE4D296BF-869F-4307-B132-36117B60BC70.gif

#5295 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Get a new sleeve, plunger, and coil. They are all cheap and could stand replacement after 30 years.

That’s really good advice!
Also, you can wax the shooter lane (carnauba wax). The ball will go 1,5 to 2x faster and will make the third slot

#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

That’s really good advice!
Also, you can wax the shooter lane (carnauba wax). The ball will go 1,5 to 2x faster and will make the third slot

We were talking about the vertical upkicker by the goalie.

But for the starting plunger, I was never able to hit the third skill shot. I eventually I replaced my plunger spring with the next higher tension version (blue), and it works great now.

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

We were talking about the vertical upkicker by the goalie.
But for the starting plunger, I was never able to hit the third skill shot. I eventually I replaced my plunger spring with the next higher tension version (blue), and it works great now.

Oh, I’m sorry, now I see your original post. Usually when you remove the vuk and rebuild it the problem goes away. I had a similar problem and it was the plastic sleeve that was slowing down the piston. Changing it solved the ball speed problem.

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

Thanks, this ended up doing the trick. Though once I opened the new plunger and saw what the tip was supposed to look like, I knew that was the culprit. Turns out my old one was incredibly worn out and it wasn’t shooting the ball straight. Still ended up replacing the coil anyway though.

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

Thanks, this ended up doing the trick. Though once I opened the new plunger and saw what the tip was supposed to look like, I knew that was the culprit. Turns out my old one was incredibly worn out and it wasn’t shooting the ball straight. Still ended up replacing the coil anyway though.

You're welcome. Glad to hear it's all better, now back to playing it and having fun...

#5300 4 years ago

Sometimes when I’m rewarded Multiball through I think the striker hole I only get 2 balls. Is that normal?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinhead mods
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/106?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.