(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,472 posts
  • 739 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by AlexRogan84
  • Topic is favorited by 272 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
PXL_20240206_021502397~3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021438171 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240206_021337603~2 (resized).jpg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2156 (resized).jpeg
20240126_183106~2 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231544_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240126_231433_Photos (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240121-145234 (resized).png

There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 170.
#5151 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

So I'm contemplating getting this as a first pin.
The object I'm looking at has some dents. The ball is not spinning, and it's registering goal all the time.
This doesn't seem like two unovercomeable hurdles?
Is there other stuff i should look out for?
Batterydmg? Other usual chinks?
Much appreciating any help/advice.

All fixable. Do it, great game especially if you like the sport.

The only real killer is bad ramps or a missing mech. Ramps are rumored to be available any day now. Replacing a missing goalie or soccer ball might be complicated. An apparently NOS goalie mechanism just showed up on eBay and it is $500US plus shipping.

The spinning ball is cool but even if it’s totally dead it doesn’t actually change the game THAT much... it’s more important that the moving goalie works.

#5152 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

All fixable. Do it, great game especially if you like the sport.
The only real killer is bad ramps or a missing mech. Ramps are rumored to be available any day now. Replacing a missing goalie or soccer ball might be complicated. An apparently NOS goalie mechanism just showed up on eBay and it is $500US plus shipping.
The spinning ball is cool but even if it’s totally dead it doesn’t actually change the game THAT much... it’s more important that the moving goalie works.

Ramps are available now!

#5153 4 years ago

Playfield wear, especially the kickout holes and if the flippers have been dragging. Most everything else is fixable

#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Playfield wear, especially the kickout holes and if the flippers have been dragging. Most everything else is fixable

You know, PF wear is only really “bad” if you’re picky about that kind of thing tho. Usually it doesn’t hurt game play much and hey, it’s great way to get a good deal since the “collectors” usually won’t touch a worn PF with a 10 foot pole... unless it’s a rare title they can do a swap on. Just know that you’re buying a “players game” in that event.

Heck, my WCS has some wear at the saucers and people are still constantly asking if I’m selling it, it’s kinda crazy. I hang with a lot of players tho.

Obviously a clean playfield is preferable.

And hey, I see that ramps are available now so that’s great!

#5155 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

The object I'm looking at has some dents. The ball is not spinning, and it's registering goal all the time.

Ball could be a lose wire, a bad motor, or bad motor controller board
Goal registering is probably a flaky opto switch.

#5156 4 years ago

Thanks for all the help.

#5157 4 years ago

WCS Excellent choice for a first pin!

#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Just about every WPC I've worked on, we've had to fix burnt molex connectors for the GI. Pretty easy repair if the male pins aren't burnt too.

Here are the ones I replaced on my WCS

IMG_6008 (resized).jpgIMG_6008 (resized).jpg
#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Just about every WPC I've worked on, we've had to fix burnt molex connectors for the GI. Pretty easy repair if the male pins aren't burnt too.
Here are the ones I replaced on my WCS[quoted image]

Holly BURNT Molex connectors!!!
This is exactly why LED lights are a good upgrade! Though I know some like to keep machines 100% stock. A friend of mine, who owns over 30 machines, once told me... "There is no such thing as an unmodified pinball machine!"

Those connectors are a PITA to change... Hope it goes well.
-Dana

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from dleasman:

Holly BURNT Molex connectors!!!
This is exactly why LED lights are a good upgrade! Though I know some like to keep machines 100% stock. A friend of mine, who owns over 30 machines, once told me... "There is no such thing as an unmodified pinball machine!"
Those connectors are a PITA to change... Hope it goes well.
-Dana

There is a HUGE difference between upgrading and modding. Upgrading respects the original artwork and theme of its time. Modding is someone’s “artistic” intervention on a game.
So, of course there are unmodded games!

I also like modding and hacking because it drops the price of a pinball machine way down when I buy

1 week later
#5161 4 years ago

Wanted:

WCS94 pinball near Minneapolis

Hoping to find a nice, working example of this game within four hours' driving distance of Minneapolis.

I have no pins, thus no trade bait. I will pay cash. If you have no WCS94 of your own for sale but you happen to know of another collector in the region offering one, maybe you could steer me his/her way.

Thanks for reading my post.

WCS94.II (resized).jpgWCS94.II (resized).jpg
#5162 4 years ago

The ball get stuck between the wireform from the goal and the left ramp right return where they meet above the top of the right slingshot. I do not believe it happened before i wonder what may have change or what i can do to space those more?

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

The ball get stuck between the wireform from the goal and the left ramp right return where they meet above the top of the right slingshot. I do not believe it happened before i wonder what may have change or what i can do to space those more?

Do you have the correct spacer holding up the ramp?

#5164 4 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Do you have the correct spacer holding up the ramp?

i was trying to compare with pictures and it looks similar but it could be slightly off? Not sure where to see what size they should be?

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

i was trying to compare with pictures and it looks similar but it could be slightly off? Not sure where to see what size they should be?

It’s 2.5 inch.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-4436-10

#5166 4 years ago

looking to trade an NBA Fastbreak or Revenge from Mars for World Cup Soccer. Please PM with interest.

Matthew

#5167 4 years ago

Make sure the spacer sits on top of the wireform with a washer.

73E5C6E2-C464-4508-908D-83380597D086 (resized).jpeg73E5C6E2-C464-4508-908D-83380597D086 (resized).jpeg
#5168 4 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Make sure the spacer sits on top of the wireform with a washer.[quoted image]

thanks, mystery solved, the ramp side has broken leaving it to sag down... will see if i can fused it all back together of if I am up for a repro...

#5169 4 years ago

Should the 2 screws that connect the goalie plastic to the mechanism have a nut holding them in place?

#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

Should the 2 screws that connect the goalie plastic to the mechanism have a nut holding them in place?

There’s supposed to be a plate-nut in the back.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-12823

#5171 4 years ago

Just wanted to share some photos of a recent full restoration (New Playfield, ramps, Decal Job) I completed this spring of WCS all blinged out with chrome. Other examples on www.pookiespinballs.com.
Great working with this wonderful pinsider "Bladerunner" on his great games.

thanks
Perry
WCSafter1 (resized).jpgWCSafter1 (resized).jpgWCSafter2 (resized).jpgWCSafter2 (resized).jpgWCSafter3 (resized).jpgWCSafter3 (resized).jpgWCSafter6 (resized).jpgWCSafter6 (resized).jpg

#5172 4 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Just wanted to share some photos of a recent full restoration (New Playfield, ramps, Decal Job) I completed this spring of WCS all blinged out with chrome. Other examples on www.pookiespinballs.com.
Great working with this wonderful pinsider "Bladerunner" on his great games.
thanks
Perry
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow.

I’m not sure I’ll ever “get” chrome coin doors... but man that is a great looking machine.

#5173 4 years ago

Nice machine! I like the 4 spot lights... They go well with the soccer stadium spirit.

#5174 4 years ago

I’m not a fan of chromed coin doors but I wonder how it would look with black chrome

#5175 4 years ago

After seeing this machine I now want to give my machine some love.
What are people’s thoughts on chrome lockdown/side rails vs powdercoat and what color powdercoat?
Best place for new decals?

#5176 4 years ago

I don't know if I got myself into a pickle or not.
This LED stuff just confuses me...too complicated for me.
Anyways, I bought an LED kit with Playfield, GI, Backbox, Spot lights, Flashers (none installed yet) from PinballBulbs.com
Now I'm wondering if I should have/need an OCD LED or OCD GI board or not (and if so if I have compatible LEDs as some LEDs don't play nice with the OCD boards..."No Ghosting" LEDs don't have as smooth of a fade transition as other LEDs when used in conjunction with OCDs according to the OCD website FAQ).

Thanks!

BobC

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

What are people’s thoughts on chrome lockdown/side rails vs powdercoat and what color powdercoat?

For WCS, I think chrome, although more expensive. CV (chrome) and TOTAN (brass) are the only other 2 I like shiny on.

#5178 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I got some yellow powder coated legs from Pinballlife a few years back. They were surprisingly cheap (might still be?)
They seems to look good. I haven't done anything beyond that with the cabinet

#5179 4 years ago

Rules question: I believe my actuator gate in the loop on the right side of the game needs adjusting.

When is the ball supposed to drop to the pops and when is it to make the full loop?

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Rules question: I believe my actuator gate in the loop on the right side of the game needs adjusting.
When is the ball supposed to drop to the pops and when is it to make the full loop?

It’s supposed to make full loop if you have a city blinking. If not, it’s supposed to drop you in.

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

I got some yellow powder coated legs from Pinballlife a few years back. They were surprisingly cheap (might still be?)
They seems to look good. I haven't done anything beyond that with the cabinet

I'm going to wrap some old legs in green AstroTurf and paint the bolt heads white. The purple turf could work too.

1 week later
#5182 4 years ago

Joined the club a few months ago. Recently my TV award upkicker hole stopped consistently ejecting the ball, and then stopped all together. It "fires" but it can't get it out. I checked under the playfield and found the pictured part which appears to have broken off.

I went through the guide, and I went through every listing at Marco+ but I can't seem to find this part number anywhere. Can anyone help me understand if I am correct in my assessment, and point me to the replacement part I need? Thanks!!

IMG_3234 (resized).jpgIMG_3234 (resized).jpgIMG_3235 (resized).jpgIMG_3235 (resized).jpg
#5183 4 years ago

It’s sold as the complete plunger, part A-17767 from page 2-23 in the manual

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17767

1 week later
#5184 4 years ago

TV award popper is popping 10 times at startup and not registering ball during game. Any ideas on what might be the problem? Bad opto maybe? All wires look good to opto. Cleaned the leds and no change. Any help is appreciated.

#5185 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

TV award popper is popping 10 times at startup and not registering ball during game. Any ideas on what might be the problem? Bad opto maybe? All wires look good to opto. Cleaned the leds and no change. Any help is appreciated.

Replace the optos (led transmitter and transistor receiver) and replace the pdb transistor of the solenoid too. Cheap parts.
If you want to check these parts, look for a page in your manual that describes what voltages should read the transistor & receiver side (when the opto switch is closed and open) and also remove the corresponding solenoid’s transistor and test it with your dmm.
I find that 3/4 times it’s a bad opto

#5186 4 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Replace the optos (led transmitter and transistor receiver) and replace the pdb transistor of the solenoid too. Cheap parts.
If you want to check these parts, look for a page in your manual that describes what voltages should read the transistor & receiver side (when the opto switch is closed and open) and also remove the corresponding solenoid’s transistor and test it with your dmm.
I find that 3/4 times it’s a bad opto

Optos on order! I’ll start there and move to the transistor if it doesn’t work. Thank you!

#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

9.9 times out of ten this is either caused by a wire that has broken off the opto transmitter or opto receiver board (check), or the transmitter LED has failed. It's usually that simple.

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

9.9 times out of ten this is either caused by a wire that has broken off the opto transmitter or opto receiver board (check), or the transmitter LED has failed. It's usually that simple.

Wires looked intact. I also cleaned them so I’m hoping replacement optos do the trick. I’ll start with that transmitter first and go from there. Thanks for the info!

#5189 4 years ago

Is there supposed to be a gate on the kickback lane? I don't have one and sometimes the ball finds its way back down the exit. Also why do I have this hole in my playfield? Am I missing something?

IMG_7951 (resized).jpegIMG_7951 (resized).jpeg
#5190 4 years ago

1: No; the software makes up for it by kicking the ball back (even if kick back isn't lit) should the ball find its way down there, which on my machine, seems pretty often. Its annoying, however, that if your kick back IS lit, and the ball goes down there, it UNLIGHTS the kick back...

2: almost seems like someone added a post at one point to stop the above from happening...

#5191 4 years ago

Imag

Quoted from joelbob:

Is there supposed to be a gate on the kickback lane? I don't have one and sometimes the ball finds its way back down the exit. Also why do I have this hole in my playfield? Am I missing something?[quoted image]

Photos in the 'Shop Out' section of the game images show a post but no gate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/world-cup-soccer/gallery/shopout

77bbde14bfcff8c10e0a922f5ca59871cf8e0f8c (resized).jpg77bbde14bfcff8c10e0a922f5ca59871cf8e0f8c (resized).jpg

#5192 4 years ago

Cool, looks like I'm missing a post. Any idea if this post screws into the wood or goes all the way through? Just trying to figure out which post I need to buy...

#5193 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Cool, looks like I'm missing a post. Any idea if this post screws into the wood or goes all the way through? Just trying to figure out which post I need to buy...

Is there a hole or a threaded insert in that location visible on the bottom of the playfield?

#5194 4 years ago

now I'll have to check mine when I get home; maybe there IS a post there...

#5195 4 years ago

D8D46C83-7428-4A39-81E7-3AED7BB7FE47 (resized).jpegD8D46C83-7428-4A39-81E7-3AED7BB7FE47 (resized).jpeg
F850B8E9-281B-474A-9C1E-5DE92C9CB7A0 (resized).jpegF850B8E9-281B-474A-9C1E-5DE92C9CB7A0 (resized).jpeg

Here’s what I got.

Forgive the dirt, hasn’t been shopped in like 10 years.

#5196 4 years ago

That type of post is a screw post, NOT a wood screw. It should screw into a T-Nut on the underside of the playfield.

#5197 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:That type of post is a screw post, NOT a wood screw. It should screw into a T-Nut on the underside of the playfield.

Any idea on length or size?

#5198 4 years ago

These are the 2 that came out of mine

IMG_0445 (resized).jpgIMG_0445 (resized).jpgIMG_0446 (resized).jpgIMG_0446 (resized).jpg
#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Any idea on length or size?

Quoted from Coyote:

That type of post is a screw post, NOT a wood screw. It should screw into a T-Nut on the underside of the playfield.

Sorry, ignore what I said - I was looking at the wrong post. D'oh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Albans Town, VT
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Playfields
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
There are 8,472 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/104?hl=matiou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.