(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,489 posts
  • 740 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by dboeren
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240414_122747 (resized).jpg
IMG_8610 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8607 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8609 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8608 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0650 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6904 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6903 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6900 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5058 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9196 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9195 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9193 (resized).jpeg
diverter assembly world cup (resized).png
Screenshot_20240206-183630 (resized).png
There are 8,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 170.
#5001 5 years ago

may be,can anyone confirm the reality versus the manual ??

lock magnet was not working, but flipper was.
f904 was burnt. I've changed it, lock magnet was back until it burns again few plays later.

f904 seems lock magnet

#5002 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

f904 was burnt. I've changed it, lock magnet was back until it burns again few plays later.
f904 seems lock magnet

I’ve already checked and I’m sure. Maybe you have the wrong cables connected to magnet. Check colour of cables going to magnet and left flipper.
You should have yellow-gray and red-grey going to lock magnet.
Also you should have red-blue, yellow-blue and orange blue going to left flipper

#5003 5 years ago

Damn. Literally an hour into TPF my plunger in my VUK broke off at the base where the plastic connects to the metal rod. I was able to do a temp fix by using epoxy. That held til the last day of TPF. Working on getting a replacement. Anyone else had to replace theirs in the past?

#5004 5 years ago

What is the best rom for WCS

And where is everyone getting replacement soccer balls from?

#5005 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And where is everyone getting replacement soccer balls from?

Marco usually has them in stock...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6709

#5006 5 years ago

Thanks is everyone happy with the quality of their ball? (insert joke here of course)

BTW any recommendations on colors for posts or flipper rubber? Game is being redone and plan to use clear silicone titan rubber on the game.

#5007 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Photo of the official wcs94 manual:[quoted image]
F904= lower left flipper
F902= upper left flipper (which is used by the lock magnet)

This is not accurate.

The Flippers are the UPPER flippers, and the Magnets are the LOWER flippers (opposite of logic).

F904 is the ball capture magnet on the mini playfield on the left side of the machine, on the down chute, and the fuse should not exceed the value. If it's constantly blowing, then I recommend a new magnet.

#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

f904 seems lock magnet

You are correct... 904 is the ball lock magnet. Again, the flippers are the upper flippers on the fliptronic II board, and the lower flippers are the magnets.

It is looking like you need a new magnet, but you might try removing the mini playfield and inspect for a short, or signs of melting.

If you want to verify the magnet is bad, it's not too difficult to swap the 2 magnets, and see if the problem follows. After all, how often do you use magna-save anyway?

#5009 5 years ago

Thanks for confirming
starting from the time i've posted this, the fuse has not blown again.
resistance of both magnets are similar (4.7 Oh), so it must have been a bad fuse
I've cleaned the support, the connectors.. i'll post again if issue arise again

The pinball will shortly move to the hospital, but i have one question remaining.
I think the hole protector is a must have, but do you recommend the whole kit with goal protector ..

in addition, i've seen playfield protectors, does anyone have experience to share about this, how does it affect gameplay, is it compatible with hole protectors.
The machine will take 100-140 games per day so i think some protection might be useful ^^

#5010 5 years ago

Just ordered the color DMD, looks awesome.

Hope it gets here by Friday!

#5011 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I think the hole protector is a must have, but do you recommend the whole kit with goal protector ..
in addition, i've seen playfield protectors, does anyone have experience to share about this, how does it affect gameplay, is it compatible with hole protectors.
The machine will take 100-140 games per day so i think some protection might be useful ^^

If I am understanding you correctly, you are talking about Cliffy protectors.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/wcs94.htm
It's about $100 for the full set that he makes. It includes the goal ledge, strikers hideout, tv award scoop, all 3 kick holes, shooter lane.

I don't have them, but I have been considering.

Another thing to watch for is the back plates for the kick holes. They tend to come lose a lot, and are difficult to get at to re-tighten.

#5012 5 years ago

OK, i'll think about that..
any xp with play field protector?

#5013 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

If you are talking about a film you put down, I do not recommend those. The key to protecting the playfield is to keep the machine clean, put carnauba wax on the playfield, and change the balls when they are showing wear. New balls are important. They get pitted from banging into everything, and each other, and those pits can begin to rust. All of this is abrasive on the playfield.

#5014 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I've used the playfield protectors that are thin plastic. They work great, and I didn't have any issues until I sold the machine. It is now on route with a local operator and from my understanding, he loves it as well.

Outside of clearcoating, a sheet of mylar is an excellent solution. It takes a full tear down, and then you can run the sheet over the whole playfield (and have to cut out all of the holes), but it works great and is a solid long term solution. IIRC, Vid uses this method as well.

#5015 5 years ago

My 8 year old just scored over 5.5 billion! I’ve never been more proud of him

#5016 5 years ago

I’m having issues with my Striker’s hideout popper. Sometimes it’s fine and sometimes it’ll take 10+ attempts before the ball has enough force to shoot up and come down the wire chute.

Anything I should be looking for to fix?

#5017 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

I’m having issues with my Striker’s hideout popper. Sometimes it’s fine and sometimes it’ll take 10+ attempts before the ball has enough force to shoot up and come down the wire chute.
Anything I should be looking for to fix?

Verify your VUK plunger is intact and that the solenoid is free moving. More than likely a mechanical issue.

#5018 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

my high was 2 billy, and i'm a grown ass man.

#5019 5 years ago
Quoted from CollinT:

Just ordered the color DMD, looks awesome.
Hope it gets here by Friday!

I put a color DMD in mine about 2 weeks after I got it. Best decision I could have made for the game. With all of the animation that is integral to the game, I think it gives it a nice look and just feels a little more fun when I play it. Love it when Striker kicks the ball back into play.

#5020 5 years ago

Finally have a deal for one (nice HUO one too) just have to work out when to get it. Can't wait!

I already bought the pinduino kit from Eric (we have on on our White Water and love it) so I can't wait to put that on the game.

The game already has the lighting mods from mezel as well and a colordmd.

Any other mods/changes you guys suggest?

#5021 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

my high was 2 billy, and i'm a grown ass man.

Haha my high is 2.9b and was comfortably in the grand champ slot. The kid almost doubled me.

#5022 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Finally have a deal for one (nice HUO one too) just have to work out when to get it. Can't wait!
I already bought the pinduino kit from Eric (we have on on our White Water and love it) so I can't wait to put that on the game.
The game already has the lighting mods from mezel as well and a colordmd.
Any other mods/changes you guys suggest?

My dream mods are the colorDMD and invisiglass. Nice that they are including the colorDMD. Often it will be removed and placed in another pin.

#5023 5 years ago

Anyone have surplus playfield protector that they never got around to installing and are looking to sell?

My WCS has an awful cracked insert problem and some wear issues that I want to cover up with more than just mylar.

#5024 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

My dream mods are the colorDMD and invisiglass. Nice that they are including the colorDMD. Often it will be removed and placed in another pin.

Yep love colorDMD. Only thing I like as much if not more is the XL HD display on my MBR. Believe it or not I am not a fan of the full LCD in my JJP POTC or the smaller LCDs used in Stern games. Of course I think that's because they aren't utilized as well as they should be.

Wife is super excited to get this game. MB is HER game and we have owned one for 15 years but sold it to get the new MBRLE (good decision IMHO). POTC was a bit a gamble but agreed on by the family. My son begged for White Water which we got and the wife has begged for WCS (we are huge soccer fans so its good with all of us). Oddly enough the person who pays for everything, travels to get these things, works on all of them, mods them out and gets to the play the least got no say in what games to get. Funny how that goes isn't it.

Anyway WCS will be a nice addition to our house. Its a great family theme, fun game, easily approachable for anyone and pretty straightforward with what to do. Can't wait.

NOS plastic set for sale if any owner needs it
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wcs-94-nos-plastic-set

#5025 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

My highest I got was 5.5 Billion as well. It was one hell of a game. Beat Germany twice. I have not been able to get anywhere close to that score again. Hell I barely can crack a billion on my machine now.....

#5026 5 years ago

If anyone is looking to sell a WCS near Richmond, VA lmk please.

Thanks

#5027 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

If anyone is looking to sell a WCS near Richmond, VA lmk please.
Thanks

☹️ The one you were getting fell through?

#5028 5 years ago

Not sure to be bluntly honest. Until I am told we have a deal and pickup or delivery arrangements are set I am not going to stop looking. 4 busted deals in the last 2 1/2 weeks or so therefore no deal is done in my mind til its done and I have a game.

#5029 5 years ago

magnet lock is grabbing the ball correctly when rolling slowly from left ramp, but not catching the fast paced ball from right ramp...
any fix ??

#5030 5 years ago

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller. I had an amazing ball and wanted to share.
A friend dropped by the other day and I fired up the game for game of doubles. I hadn't played in a month. "I'll start" I said and started player 1. When that ball finally drained I had just over 3.7B. No extra balls played yet, just the ball I started. That alone was my third highest score in the 2 years I've had the game. I won final match and got some victory laps against Germany in multiball. I wish I had timed it. Couldn't guess how long I played but it was a long time. Kinda choked after that but still got my best yet of 4.9B. Factory settings. (I have the posts above the outlanes in the middle position which I assume is factory. I have my soccer ball spinning clockwise which I also assume from posts here is factory setting but I am not sure of either. )

#5031 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

magnet lock is grabbing the ball correctly when rolling slowly from left ramp, but not catching the fast paced ball from right ramp...
any fix ??

It might be a switch adjustment... Are you sure it's the speed it's going by the magnet, and not the speed it's going over the switch that triggers the magnet? My theory is that the switch is not adjusted properly, or is failing, so the ball is going over the switch so fast that it is not activating the magnet.

#5032 5 years ago

As a new WCS owners (a couple months ago) I fully shopped my machine and was very happy with the result but since then I have been having an issue that I can't seem to resolve. When I drain a ball occasionally it doesn't register in the drain (i.e. it still thinks the ball is in play). I have taken out the drain and cleaned it and checked the opti sensors and all looks good. When this happens, I can look down the drain and see the ball and with some firm hits from the left on the machine it will physically move a small amount and then will register as drained, so I think its a physical issue rather than an optical sensor issue.

That said, after taking it all apart nothing looks wrong and there is no adjusting I can see that can be made. I have checked the level of the machine (from the playfield) with two levels and all is good so not an issue with it being tilted to the left...

Any ideas would be appreciated.

#5033 5 years ago
Quoted from spurcap:

As a new WCS owners (a couple months ago) I fully shopped my machine and was very happy with the result but since then I have been having an issue that I can't seem to resolve. When I drain a ball occasionally it doesn't register in the drain (i.e. it still thinks the ball is in play). I have taken out the drain and cleaned it and checked the opti sensors and all looks good. When this happens, I can look down the drain and see the ball and with some firm hits from the left on the machine it will physically move a small amount and then will register as drained, so I think its a physical issue rather than an optical sensor issue.
That said, after taking it all apart nothing looks wrong and there is no adjusting I can see that can be made. I have checked the level of the machine (from the playfield) with two levels and all is good so not an issue with it being tilted to the left...
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Quite possible (in fact, probable based on your description) that your balls are magnetized. Try new balls and see if this helps the situation.

#5034 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Quite possible (in fact, probable based on your description) that your balls are magnetized. Try new balls and see if this helps the situation.

I would agree with this for sure. It happens to a lot of JJP POTC owners due to the magnets in the game and WCS has magnets. Definitely try new balls and I bet it goes away.

#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Swapping the balls seems to have fixed it. Thanks! I think one of the balls was magnetized while the others weren't which was why the issue was periodic.

#5036 5 years ago
Quoted from spurcap:

Swapping the balls seems to have fixed it. Thanks! I think one of the balls was magnetized while the others weren't which was why the issue was periodic.

There’s a plastic trough insert you can get that helps with magnetized balls. But in my experience, swapping them out like you’ve done is the better solution.

#5037 5 years ago

Greetings all. After being out of the hobby for a few years, and mainly being an EM guy, I recently purchased a WCS94. The Assist Hole has a lot of wear with the edge dredged out toward the Goal, but the hole looks like it might have been round when new. The two Free Kick Holes have wear that is much less severe, so I can clearly see they both are round with a uniform beveled edge (~45 degrees) around the circumference.

When the game was new, was the Assist Hole the same as the Free Kick Holes, that is, round with a beveled edge? If so, when I repair the Assist Hole, should I try to reproduce the hole as it was when new? I guess I'm a little uncertain as to how much of the damage I'm repairing is due to normal play with chronic unrepaired wear and tear, and how much might be due to the kick out mechanism not kicking out the ball high enough to clear the edge of the hole.

I've read the posts concerning the need for Cliffy protectors on WCS94, and the potential issues with using them, but I haven't seen much about the repair itself or all the causes of excessive wear in this area.

Your thoughts about this Assist Hole repair? What works, what doesn't?

Thanks for your time!

#5038 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

About to get a WCS soon, yay!! Any essential mods you guys recommend?
Also any toppers out there anywhere? I saw the one that littleshopofgames did as there was one FS in the market but missed out. Would love to grab one like if any more around or something close to it.
TIA

53870E85-77FE-4798-BD4A-3A38D8D828C2 (resized).jpeg53870E85-77FE-4798-BD4A-3A38D8D828C2 (resized).jpeg
#5039 5 years ago

Which way is the ball designed to spin. Up trowds the goal, or down to the flippers?

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Which way is the ball designed to spin. Up trowds the goal, or down to the flippers?

The ball spins towards the goal until the World Cup final against Germany then it spins towards you. There is a test in the menu to check, mine was wired backwards when I bought it.

The Marco replacement motor was marked incorrectly.

#5041 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

The ball spins towards the goal until the World Cup final against Germany then it spins towards you. There is a test in the menu to check, mine was wired backwards when I bought it.

Fantastic. I've had it going backwards for 4 months.

#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Hahaha, I had it going backwards for like 10 years.

#5043 4 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Quoted from gunstarhero:

Hahaha, I had it going backwards for like 10 years.

So have you guys never experienced the joy of scoring a goal from the corner kick when it hits the spinning ball and is flung into the goal?? Brings a smile to my face every single time!!

#5044 4 years ago

I am looking for a WCS speaker panel if anyone happens to have one. The one I have has a large melted spot right in the middle. I looked online but only found the LED ultimate one. I thought I'd try here to see if I could get lucky.

#5045 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

So have you guys never experienced the joy of scoring a goal from the corner kick when it hits the spinning ball and is flung into the goal?? Brings a smile to my face every single time!!

Yeah it was more like “kickback ball straight at the flippers” lol, although my kickback switches were kinda flaky too.

I finally went through a year or so ago and sorted it all back. Really improved the game to be honest!

#5046 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Might be that, but more likely the trough has pits in it, and the balls get stuck and will not roll forward.
I had this issue for a long time, new balls did not really help, and I had to file my trough rails a couple times.
Eventually, I decided to get a shim, and have not had a problem since. If you really want to solve the issue, then this is the way to do it.
Marco sells them here:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=trough+shim

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from toberlindacher:

I am looking for a WCS speaker panel if anyone happens to have one. The one I have has a large melted spot right in the middle. I looked online but only found the LED ultimate one. I thought I'd try here to see if I could get lucky.

Also available on ebay (not lit up)

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Well son of a bitch, I bought a new motor for it about 5 years ago. My brother always complains the ball was spinning wrong. He was right!

#5049 4 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Well son of a bitch, I bought a new motor for it about 5 years ago. My brother always complains the ball was spinning wrong. He was right!

The previous owner replaced it and installed it according to the colors and when I started playing something seemed weird.

Unfortunately the motor went bad so I bought a new one from Marco and tested it before I soldered it and mine was marked backwards as well!

The worst part for you is admitting to your brother he was right!

#5050 4 years ago

Screwy thing with the ball is that the design creates an optical illusion that it’s spinning clockwise when it’s really spinning counter-clockwise (and vice versa).

I thought I was fine after my motor replacement for a day or two because of that (and the marco colors) but the bad kickbacks made me investigate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,783 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 8,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 170.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-94-owners-everyone-welcome/page/101?hl=gcs2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.