World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

(Topic ID: 50131)

World Cup Soccer 94 owners. Everyone welcome.

By DEWSHO

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,972 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by daveddd14
  • Topic is favorited by 164 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6622 (resized).JPG
IMG_6621 (resized).JPG
20190308_175654 (resized).jpg
9609ED99-3FB3-46BE-A1BE-57BC3752F7B4.jpeg
F198CAE3-965F-4FCB-89B0-329B763B75B8 (resized).jpeg
2C2C4EE8-89B9-41D5-91F1-53ECB2769BCE (resized).jpeg
F47013F5-E7E1-4A07-B8F6-E6649743A306 (resized).jpeg
6660686B-D81F-4E2B-BE82-85DB8E527B8A (resized).jpeg
CF10849E-D181-4357-9D32-82A29C508F2A (resized).jpeg
8683D146-E112-438E-AF5D-2389206A29D0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
4618B33B-286B-487C-8177-371FA2917D68 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190221_144337 (resized).jpg
World Cup Soccer Rubber Parts & Bumper Posts.jpg
IMG_20190220_074631 (resized).jpg
0122B7A8-C0E0-4FA1-9A7D-184C33BA48AD (resized).jpeg

There are 4972 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 100.
#4951 8 days ago

The game came stock with a brass wireform, coin toss mech, and legs.

#4952 8 days ago

Right—earlier I had mentioned I had no clue this was the case since none of mine showed any signs of brass at first glance. So I was asked to post pics.

EDIT: and I just realized the quote function isn’t working for me on mobile, which probably lead to confusion.

#4953 8 days ago

Oh okay. My wireform and coin toss were still a good gold color when u got mine, the legs were very faded though and looked more dirty than brass.

#4954 8 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Oh okay. My wireform and coin toss were still a good gold color when u got mine, the legs were very faded though and looked more dirty than brass.

The legs on mine are new replacements, so no surprise there.

#4955 8 days ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Couldn't agree more.
That said, I really like the coin toss and the wire form done in yellow that matches the playfield.
Better than the original imo.

Thank you sir!

#4956 7 days ago

Anyone else that had black-painted vinyl decal on top and bottom of the backbox instead of... just black paint?
9609ED99-3FB3-46BE-A1BE-57BC3752F7B4.jpeg

#4957 7 days ago

Marco sells a flag strip topper plastic, has anyone got a picture of the mounting bracket for this. It looks like the holes provided in the plastic are for riveting so I am thinking some kind of metal right angle.Thanks in advance, Terry.

#4958 7 days ago
Quoted from PURPLEBAT:

Marco sells a flag strip topper plastic, has anyone got a picture of the mounting bracket for this. It looks like the holes provided in the plastic are for riveting so I am thinking some kind of metal right angle.Thanks in advance, Terry.

This l-shaped metal angle MUST be included in the grey parts catalogue. Unfortunately these pages referring to the wcs94 topper are missing from the planetarypinball website...
So please if anyone owns the original grey parts catalog, scan these pages to see which part # is the topper, its screws and its brackets...

#4959 6 days ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

My goalie basically only covers the center to the right side of the net. For guys that have done troubleshooting with the goalie movement, can you suggest anything to make mine move all the way to the left as it should?
I've taken it apart and cleaned the whole mechanism and everything moves very freely. I applied a small amount of Wurth silicone spray to areas where metal rubs on metal.
Thanks in advance

Just want to follow up on my own message. I disassembled everything and it turns out that the Cliffy protector was not sitting flush with the wood, causing the mechanical arm to get slowed up on one side.

I took out the cliffy protector and bent it to a perfect 90 degrees in a vice. Replaced it in its place and goalie moves perfectly now.

Advice if you install a cliffy in this area is to make it really sits flush with the playfield surface and also the inside lip of the goal.

20190308_175654 (resized).jpg
#4960 6 days ago

If you over tighten the main posts its moves & flex's the cliffy also, got mine to just fit ok

#4961 5 days ago

I have searched this thread but have not found the answers. Both my free kick saucers are very weak. On on the right barely enough oomph to get it out of the saucer. In fact, sometimes not enough, and the game tries several times to release the ball from the saucer. Is there a way to adjust the strength of this? The mechanism seems to move freely, coil sleeves look and feel good.

Time to replace the coils? Thanks.

#4962 5 days ago
Quoted from dugmar:

I have searched this thread but have not found the answers. Both my free kick saucers are very weak. On on the right barely enough oomph to get it out of the saucer. In fact, sometimes not enough, and the game tries several times to release the ball from the saucer. Is there a way to adjust the strength of this? The mechanism seems to move freely, coil sleeves look and feel good.
Time to replace the coils? Thanks.

I would bet you have a cooked pin/connection that corresponds to the power for those coils...I cant imagine those coils ever "burning out" from use...

I have had seen plenty of games with over 1/2 a million flips through the original coils with nothing but new sleeves/stops with nary a sign of fatigue.

Trace the wires back and I bet you'll find your culprit.

#4963 5 days ago

Start with the mech itself and make sure nothing is causing binding and spring is working right and snappy. Compare them to the assist saucer mech too. They are all the same.

Coil is fine most likely. They don’t get weak.

#4964 5 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start with the mech itself and make sure nothing is causing binding and spring is working right and snappy. Compare them to the assist saucer mech too. They are all the same.
Coil is fine most likely. They don’t get weak.

Chuckwurt is probably right...make sure there isn't a bunch of gunk built up in them. Previous owner could have "greased" them up with something to get more action out of them, and now they are caked with coil/rubber dust.

#4965 4 days ago

I have the same issues with mine, but I think it's too much power. I think the ball hits the plastic over the hole and that deadens its momentum.

#4966 4 days ago

What is a good LED kit for WCS94? I'm thinking about ordering the Cointaker Frosted.

#4967 4 days ago
Quoted from CollinT:

What is a good LED kit for WCS94? I'm thinking about ordering the Cointaker Frosted.

Just put warm white frosted everywhere. I think they call them retro or something. Looks great.

#4968 4 days ago
Quoted from CollinT:

It's really personal preference. However, I will say that I have been disappointed with all the bulbs I have gotten from cointaker, compared to other bulbs.
I don't even recall where I got mine... But it was custom kit specifically for WCS, where most of the bulbs were white, but colored lights under the colored lenses. Similar to this one from Marco
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-1858
But again, it's a personal preference.

#4969 4 days ago

On the topic of lights... what color is the TV light supposed to be? I’ve got a smooth slow color changing light at the moment. But I feel like it’s been different on every machine I’ve played.

#4970 4 days ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

On the topic of lights... what color is the TV light supposed to be? I’ve got a smooth slow color changing light at the moment. But I feel like it’s been different on every machine I’ve played.

White.

#4971 2 days ago

I just restored the side wood rails. Painted them allover satine (semi-gloss) black and wrapped them in black wood-grain vinyl decal (just like the factory did). I'm really impressed with the original look and how easy it was.
IMG_6621 (resized).JPGIMG_6622 (resized).JPG

#4972 2 days ago

Anyone interested in the following items? They came with the game when I bought it. I love the game and it plays great so I haven't installed in a year and probably won't.

7 Piece Cliffy's for WCS normally $98(http://www.passionforpinball.com/wcs94.htm)
World Cup Soccer Back Ramp - Plastic only 03-9107.5 (Not sure of value since I couldn't find one anywhere!)

PM me any offers and I can send pictures if wanted. Put an ad up after so many questions.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/76650

Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 47.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Aliso Viejo, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Appleton, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4972 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 100.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside