• Latest reply 2 years ago by BubbaK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

backbox (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

Anyone have a schematic for Gottlieb Soccer they are willing to share?

Thanks

Frank

#2 2 years ago

I actually have been trying to locate a copy of it also so up the topic

#3 2 years ago

Doesn't Steve have them at PBR?

#4 2 years ago

It is well known that all Gottlieb schematics and manuals are copyrighted and can not be posted legally to the Internet.
Just pay the $20 and get them from PBR.

#5 2 years ago

Can someone send me a picture of the back box. I have a Jones plug unit that is just hanging in the back. I don't see where it is suppose to attach in the back box.
Thanks
Frank

#6 2 years ago

Can you post a photo of the backbox?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Doomer:

Can someone send me a picture of the back box. I have a Jones plug unit that is just hanging in the back. I don't see where it is suppose to attach in the back box.
Thanks
Frank

The Jones plugs are mounted to a board that just floats in the back box. I haven't assembled my Soccer yet, but my 300 has the same thing. Plug the jones plugs into the sockets and then just tuck the board into the neck opening. Here is a pic of my Soccer Back box. I'm looking for a pic of what relay I am missing next to the scoring relays. I know I missing the 00-90 relay, but not sure what the other one missing is.

backbox (resized).jpgbackbox (resized).jpg
#8 2 years ago

Gottlieb and their supposed quality dominance. There have been endless posts about their latching relays and logic issues, especially in the mid to late 70's...BUT, the back box logic board with the dangling jones plug design is just plain BUSH LEAGUE

#9 2 years ago

That's not typically how Gottlieb mounted jones plugs in the back box. Normally they are not on a piece of wood, but rather they are mounted in the lower back box under the player unit.

As far as quality, IMO Gottlieb products were more robust in general. Not saying their designs were always better but the component design was usually good. Now, I prefer to work on William's and Bally's as they are laid out better for the repair guy, easier to service.

I hate the Gottlieb short throw loaded switch stacks as much as anyone!

#10 2 years ago

The Jones Plugs in Soccer were mounted that way so they could fit the mechs for the Bonus Balls.

BubbaK looking at your backbox, you are only missing the 00-90 relay which would connect to the Jones plug that is right above the bracket that holds the L, M, and N relay

Alberto

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

The Jones Plugs in Soccer were mounted that way so they could fit the mechs for the Bonus Balls.
BubbaK looking at your backbox, you are only missing the 00-90 relay which would connect to the Jones plug that is right above the bracket that holds the L, M, and N relay
Alberto

Thanks.. It looks like one more relay is missing. I've got a few wires tied up with electrical tape. I haven't really looked at the machine yet to see what wires they are, but I figured there was a missing relay..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-soccer-2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.