wcop_2018_semi-final (resized).png
wcop_2018_quarter-final (resized).png
wcop_2018_rd-of-16 (resized).png
wcop_2018_rd-of-16 (resized).png
FA9254FC-C7E9-4E4D-9D35-E77C36887E87 (resized).jpeg
B4771891-3AF2-4188-ABEA-5F9E735EDC19 (resized).jpeg
CAC8E0F3-7089-44BF-A34C-BF36BF3090B1 (resized).jpeg
69A9E0D4-086B-4B2D-AED3-0AC3A4E750CA (resized).jpeg
There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

25 days of blood, sweat, and tears have come to an end and only one pin is standing victorious. You're Champion is ATTACK FROM MARS!

Thanks all for participating. Stay tuned for another world cup of pinball next year as we celebrate the women's world cup! Hope you all enjoyed the tournament.

Here are all the results:

Champion: AFM
2nd Place: MM
3rd Place: TZ
4th Place: MB

Finals:
65 Votes

World Cup Championship!
MM: 32.3%
AFM: 67.7%

3rd Place Matchup:
MB: 44.6%
TZ: 55.4%

Who are you going for in the real world cup?
France: 41%
Croatia: 59%

wcop_2018_results (resized).pngwcop_2018_results (resized).png

SEMI-FINAL RESULTS:
76 Votes

Matchup 1 –
MM: 61.8%
MB: 38.2%

Matchup 2 –
TZ: 43.4%
AFM: 56.6%

QUARTER-FINAL RESULTS:
89 Votes

Matchup 1A –
MM: 52.8%
DI: 47.2%

Matchup 2A –
MB: 51.7%
IJTPA: 48.3%

Matchup 1B –
TAF: 34.8%
TZ: 65.2%

Matchup 2B –
IMDN: 39.3%
AFM: 60.7%

ROUND OF 16 RESULTS:
105 Votes!

1A vs 2B –
MM: 59%
LOTR: 41%

1C vs 2D –
DI: 61%
TWD: 39%

1E vs 2F –
MB: 54.8%
WH20: 45.2%

1G vs 2H –
IJ:TPA: 58.1%
TNA: 41.9%

2A vs 1B –
TSPP: 40%
TAF: 60%

2C vs 1D –
TRON: 37.1%
TZ: 62.9%

2E vs 1F –
AC/DC: 31.4%
IMDN: 68.6%

2G vs 1H –
MET: 39.4%
AFM: 60.6%

GROUP ROUND RESULTS:
109 votes

Group A:
MM: 60.6%
TSPP: 16.5%
SST: 13.8%
SW: 9.2%

Group B:
TAF: 37.4%
LOTR: 35.5%
CV: 15.9%
CFTBL: 11.2%

Group C:
DI: 48.1%
TRON: 26.9%
FH: 13%
SM: 12%

Group D:
TZ: 34.3% (wins tiebreaker)
TWD: 34.3%
ST:TNG: 16.7%
CC: 14.8%

Group E:
MB: 47.2%
AC/DC: 24.1%
IM: 15.7%
SS: 13%

Group F:
IMDN: 37.7%
WH2O: 30.2%
TS: 18.9%
TOTAN: 13.2%

Group G:
IJ:TPA: 42.1%
MET: 29%
WOZ: 24.3%
AS: 4.7%

Welcome to the World Cup of Pinball!

In celebration of one of my favorite sporting events that happens once every 4 years; I welcome you all to join in, have fun, and participate in my attempt to tie-in pinball to the World Cup.

The World Cup of Pinball is based on Pinside's top 32 pins as it sits now. The top 8 are seeded into the 8 groups spread about the tournament bracket; then I used an RNG to group ranks 9-16 into the 8 groups, another RNG for 17-24, and again for 25-32. Below are the groups and tournament bracket. Please vote for your favorite pin - this is just for fun during the World Cup so I hope I got the google survey form setup right

#2 5 years ago

Sounds like fun. I am in! voted already.

#3 5 years ago

Group F...really? You are totally killing me here..

Iron Maiden
TOTAN
White Water
The Shadow

Maiden Pro, Premium, or LE? Haha!

#4 5 years ago

I found Group E to be the toughest. There are 3 great games in it.

#5 5 years ago

For me, the toughest were Group D (I don't really love any of them) and H (AFM vs. TNA - both are so great!).

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I found Group E to be the toughest. There are 3 great games in it.

Which one is not the great game?

#8 5 years ago

So, where's this cheesecake?

#9 5 years ago

20+ votes so far. Let’s keep em coming! Group D is by far the closest with all 4 pins getting some good votes - EDIT: only 3 votes separates 1st and 4th right now! 3 pins in Group B slugging it out good, and Group H proving to be a nail biter too. I’ll give more precise updates at the end of the week. Gotta keep those votes coming!

Quoted from BillySastard:

So, where's this cheesecake?

In my belly

#10 5 years ago

I voted. This looks like Fun!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

20+ votes so far. Let’s keep em coming! Group D is by far the closest with all 4 pins getting some good votes - EDIT: only 3 votes separates 1st and 4th right now! 3 pins in Group B slugging it out good, and Group H proving to be a nail biter too. I’ll give more precise updates at the end of the week. Gotta keep those votes coming!

In my belly

Are the votes available to see progress after we voted? Or just get updates from you?

#12 5 years ago

Putting anyone with Iron Maiden right now is just darn cruel! How were the groups picked?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Are the votes available to see progress after we voted? Or just get updates from you?

Not available to see. I'll post some updates at end of week. Group stage voting ends the following week to coincide with world cup group stage.

Putting anyone with Iron Maiden right now is just darn cruel! How were the groups picked?

I seeded 1-4 on different corners of the bracket so they wouldnt collide. Then the same for 5-8. Then i did a RNG (Random Number Generator) for ranks 9-16 to seat them into the 8 groups. Another RNG for 17-24. and one last time for 25-32. Now that i look back. i think it would have been better and more world cup like if I RNG'd the top 8 ranks as well. Hopefully i remember in 4 years to do it like that next time

#14 5 years ago

Im open to ideas and suggestions too for future.

#15 5 years ago

Which one is not the great game?

Well it is of course just my opinion: Scared Stiff. I’ve never been a fan of the game. It feels so limited to me.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well it is of course just my opinion: Scared Stiff. I’ve never been a fan of the game. It feels so limited to me.

Yep, one of my least favorite games EVER.

#17 5 years ago

Ironman up against Monster Bash & ACDC? I smell an upset!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

i totes voted Ironman

#19 5 years ago

Commute drive home bump.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

These were the 3 in a group I had the hardest time with. I can make an argument for all 3 of them being the best game in the group. I clicked back and forth quite a few times before submitting my vote.

#21 5 years ago

Voted!

#22 5 years ago

Ronaldo Bump

#23 5 years ago

So, any predictions? I figure MB, MM, and TZ will be in there at the end.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

So, any predictions? I figure MB, MM, and TZ will be in there at the end.

Safe, but good predictions.

We're up to 50+ votes and here's the early leaders.

Group A:
MM WAY ahead

Group B:
TAF is ahead but not by much

Group C:
DI WAY ahead and has the biggest lead of any group

Group D:
TWD is out in front but not by much

Group E:
MB Way out in front

Group F:
IMDN WAY ahead

Group G:
IJ:TPA WAY ahead (this surprised me in such a tough group - perhaps the group of death?)

Group H:
AFM out in front but not by much

#25 5 years ago

If it took me 24 hours to figure out how to vote outside of the poll in this thread, is my opinion too unworthy?

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

If it took me 24 hours to figure out how to vote outside of the poll in this thread, is my opinion too unworthy?

Mmmmm probably you don't have a gmail or google account?

#27 5 years ago

Voted!

#28 5 years ago

Will top two pinballs advance out of group stage, just like the real World Cup?

#29 5 years ago
69A9E0D4-086B-4B2D-AED3-0AC3A4E750CA (resized).jpeg69A9E0D4-086B-4B2D-AED3-0AC3A4E750CA (resized).jpeg
#30 5 years ago

Bump. We're over 75 votes! Looks like the B/W viking clap showed up as a lot of sterns are getting blown out of the water.

Keep the votes coming, 1 week to go.

#31 5 years ago

Bump. Let's get this group stage to 100 votes

#32 5 years ago

Will top two pinballs advance out of group stage, just like the real World Cup?

if you look at the bracket posted in the first post you will see that there is a 1A, 2A, 1B, 2B, etc. so yes sir, that is whats up.

#33 5 years ago

Bump

#34 5 years ago

Who's in second place in Group C?

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Mmmmm probably you don't have a gmail or google account?

I have a gmail / google account but it just automatically comes up on my phone , I have no clue what my password is or how to access it . Worst thing about droid ( in my opininion ) is that I had to create a gmail account instead of just being allowed to use my real email . Oh well , your tourney sounds like fun but I guess I'll have to sit on the sidelines .

#36 5 years ago

Vote your favorite pin through to the round of 16 before it's too late!

Here's how things are shaping up as we head into the final stretch.

Group A:
MM is living up to its claim to fame as the champ and are like the Brazilians of the WCOP with the biggest lead amongst all the groups while the other 3 games are desperately trying to squeeze their way thru to the round of 16.
MM: 57.6%
TSPP: 17.4%
ST: 14.1%
SW: 10.9%

Group B:
TAF & LOTR are throwing blows left and right; It's much like Spain vs Portugal. But, which will take the #1 seed?
TAF: 37.4%
LOTR: 33%
CV: 17.6%
CFTBL: 12.1%

Group C:
A surprisingly poor World Cup appearence for a big fan favorite in SM; but the TWIPY champ is flexing its muscle in Group C as JJP's DI is destroying the rest of the group; is DI the France of the World Cup?
DI: 46.7%
TRON: 28.3%
FH: 13%
SM: 12%

Group D:
In what could very well be the group of death. TWD is very much like Croatia as it goes up against some stiff competition; but can it hold on?
TWD: 37%
TZ: 33.7%
ST:TNG: 16.3%
CC: 13%

Group E:
With a VE on the horizon, MB has not lost any love as it looks to take an easy pass into the round of 16 against some no slouch games at that. But, who will be the #2 seed?
MB: 45.7%
ACDC: 23.9%
IM: 17.4%
SS: 13%

Group F:
Stern's newest pin has certainly gotten a lot of praise around the pinball community and it continues to shine in the group stages of the World Cup. Is IMDN like the Mexicans of the World Cup? How far can it ride this wave?
IMDN: 41.8%
WH20: 28.6%
TS: 18.7%
TOTAN: 11%

Group G:
The other group of death shows IJ:TPA has something to prove since being bumped out of the pinside top 10. Is Metallica the Argentina of this World Cup and be the big upset of the group stages, or can it find some life in the home stretch?
IJ:TPA: 46.2%
WOZ: 25.8%
MET: 24.7%
AS: 3.2%

Group H:
Holding its own against some powerful competition, TNA looks to make it's World Cup debut a success as it battles its way into the round of 16.
AFM: 48.4%
TNA: 29%
TOM: 16.1%
GB: 6.5%

#37 5 years ago

Great update! Excellent commentary....thanks for doing this.

#38 5 years ago

Oh dang, Group C... Funhouse is toast.

#39 5 years ago

COL v POL
MET v WOZ
Bump
Who will go through? Who will go home?

#40 5 years ago

We are at 100 votes! Only a few days left of the group round. A few top pins fighting for survival:

Group A: Stern ST vs TSPP fighting for the 2 spot - Stern SW not out of it yet.

Group B: LOTR v TAF still fighting for the 1 and 2 seeds. Both look to be making the round of 16.

Group C: unless a miracle happens; it looks as if DI is taking the 1 spot, and TRON the 2 spot.

Group D: TWD v TZ battling for the 1 and 2 spots

Group E: it's all MB. IM trying to fight ACDC for the 2 spot.

Group F: Maiden and WH2O fighting for the 1 and 2 spots. TS not quite out of it yet.

Group G: WOZ on the brink of elimination

Group H: it's all AFM and TNA

#41 5 years ago

cant believe WoZ is ahead of MET!

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

cant believe WoZ is ahead of MET!

Its not

#43 5 years ago

Only 2 days left of group stages. Get your votes in!

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Group G:
The other group of death shows IJ:TPA has something to prove since being bumped out of the pinside top 10. Is Metallica the Argentina of this World Cup and be the big upset of the group stages, or can it find some life in the home stretch?
IJ:TPA: 46.2%
WOZ: 25.8%
MET: 24.7%
AS: 3.2%

I was under the impression that 25.8% is a bigger number than 24.7% but I did grow up in the American education system.

#45 5 years ago

I was under the impression that 25.8% is a bigger number than 24.7% but I did grow up in the American education system.

Posted yesterday, right above your post even

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Group G: WOZ on the brink of elimination

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Posted yesterday, right above your post even

well, I took it as since it is in a 1% battle with the numbers listed that you were concerned it was up against elimination.

#47 5 years ago

well, I took it as since it is in a 1% battle with the numbers listed that you were concerned it was up against elimination.

Nah. That was my daily update. But I really shouldn't have posted any results or updates as it influences voters; I won't do that in the coming elimination rounds. Live and learn. To be fair there hasn't been more than a dozen votes since posting the teaser results. And I didn't expect WOZ or MET to get eliminated from group stage; who knew IJ would blow them both out. But 2 days left, a lot can happen!

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nah. That was my daily update. But I really shouldn't have posted any results or updates as it influences voters; I won't do that in the coming elimination rounds. Live and learn. To be fair there hasn't been more than a dozen votes since posting the teaser results. And I didn't expect WOZ or MET to get eliminated from group stage; who knew IJ would blow them both out. But 2 days left, a lot can happen!

No more interim results? I was hoping your influence would push my picks across the finish line. Please, post propaganda, harvest facebook data, collude with foreign adversaries... whatever it takes

#49 5 years ago

World Cup fans....

CAC8E0F3-7089-44BF-A34C-BF36BF3090B1 (resized).jpegCAC8E0F3-7089-44BF-A34C-BF36BF3090B1 (resized).jpeg
#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

No more interim results? I was hoping your influence would push my picks across the finish line. Please, post propaganda, harvest facebook data, collude with foreign adversaries... whatever it takes

Hah! Wouldn't be a true World Cup without a little match fixing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-vote-now?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.