Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JE.jpg
17.gif
whiny.jpg
Eskaybees-ratings-20140613-1856.png
th-1.jpeg
wcop_2.jpg

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

This final is stupid anyway since it's pretty much the same game against itself except one has a toy and the other is an empty playfield. I believe TZ should be here anyway.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This final is stupid anyway since it's pretty much the same game against itself except one has a toy and the other is an empty playfield. I believe TZ should be here anyway.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

This final is stupid anyway since it's pretty much the same game against itself except one has a toy and the other is an empty playfield.

Like I mentioned, the Pro vs. LE.

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I believe TZ should be here anyway.

Too bad you dont have one.

#55 9 years ago

I can't believe Popeye didn't make the cut .

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, ya know, look at his Transformers rating.

Hey Flank, I love my TF!

Very under rated pin which is fine, to each his own.

Top 100 is an Oreo with TZ as the cream! MM - TZ - AFM. I think they're all just under a point from one another.

#57 9 years ago

Afm. If you've played these a lot it's no contest

#58 9 years ago

What I don't get is, Tron wins in the March Madness Poll, but is no where to be found in this poll, losing to LOTR in the first round. Tron is DEFINITELY better than AFM and MM IMO. What gives?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

What I don't get is, Tron wins in the March Madness Poll, but is no where to be found in this poll, losing to LOTR in the first round. Tron is DEFINITELY better than AFM and MM IMO. What gives?

You do realize that this is an elimination tournament based on the World Cup, right?

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Yeah, I had both in my lineup for quite awhile, and AFM would get quite a bit more play than MM, mostly due to the more challenging nature (shorter ball times).

#60 9 years ago

Well this should not have much to do w/ the winner of this one:

AFM - Production: 3,450 units (confirmed)

MM - Production: 4,016 units (confirmed)

I always look at how many were produced but this is pretty close. Should be a good fight. I would have to say i want AFM since i have one.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You do realize that this is an elimination tournament based on the World Cup, right?

I don't follow soccer and didn't follow what was going on with the WC except to check the USA result on ESPN. I knew there was something weird I wasn't figuring out. Especially because you voted as well. Didn't realize that when you voted for a machine, you were choosing the team that the game represented.

Thanks for the clarification Rob.

#62 9 years ago

Has TZ won yet?

#64 9 years ago

LMAO!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I don't follow soccer and didn't follow what was going on with the WC except to check the USA result on ESPN. I knew there was something weird I wasn't figuring out. Especially because you voted as well. Didn't realize that when you voted for a machine, you were choosing the team that the game represented.
Thanks for the clarification Rob.

It's not that it is based on a "team", but rather how they line up in various groups. If you wind up in a really tough group, you could be eliminated pretty early on, even if you are a really good team (highly rated pin).

I don't remember how the March Madness thing worked exactly. Are you saying that Tron won that overall?

I may have been more confused than you were, and I only confused you more. Sorry.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The Pinside Top 100 says you are wrong!

Actually it says he's half right.

MM
TZ
AFM

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Actually it says he's half right.
MM
TZ
AFM

No it doesn't.

He said that "TZ BLOWS both of these games away".

If AFM is one spot (barely) behind TZ on the Pinside Top 100, that is not an indication that TZ "blows it away".

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This thread definitely needs some form of hole banging if it is going to be saved from the travesty that was TZ getting robbed at a shot in the finals.

I'd post it, but I don't want to be perma-banned.

Rest assured, it would scar some poor virgin eyes around here.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Agreed, I honestly can't believe MM is ahead and I own both games, I can only assume most people voting have not had enough time on both. Only advantage MM has is a cooler toy in the center. AFM is a much better game overall.

#70 9 years ago

No biggie brothah. The March Pin Madness tourney was based off the top 100 list (if I remember correctly). Games were matched up according to rank just like in the college basketball tourney. So, according to conference (4 conferences), machines were paired off against eachother. We got to vote for each machine match-up till it got down to the final 2 machines which were TronLE and TZ. Tron won. It was well done and a lot of fun. Kudos and thumbs up to the guy who ran it.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No it doesn't.
If AFM is one spot (barely) behind TZ on the Pinside Top 100, that is not an indication that TZ "blows it away".

That was just My own personal honest opinion. I didn't say that based off what the top 100 says, that was just my own opinion. Sorry for the confusion.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No it doesn't.

If we dig into the semantics of it, you are correct. I was looking at it more literally.

#73 9 years ago

Seeding is such a key in polls like this. I know it's all for fun, but the results are significantly determined by who played who and when the finish was declared. Please don't get me wrong, I've run polls like this and they are a lot of work and you get more complaints than praise no matter what you do. If I was allowed one suggestion, it would be to make the final four a round-robin rather than the standard one-on-one playoff.

Thanks for putting this together. I've enjoyed it all the way through and only abstained in the TAF vs AFM since I don't really like either one. (yes, I'm an odd bird that way)

#74 9 years ago

I got to go AFM. I have both and seem to play AFM a lot more. Both great machines of course. Very tough choice....

#75 9 years ago

It seems that most people who had MM and AFM in their lineup at the same time prefer AFM.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 9 years ago

I'm still looking for the way to vote for TZ? Did the OP misspell it?

#77 9 years ago

official tally of current votes

MM > 116
TZ > 112
AFM > 80

come on TZ, you can do it!

#78 9 years ago

I sold all 3. Wtf was I thinking? Tz and afm sting the most.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark!

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Well this should not have much to do w/ the winner of this one:
AFM - Production: 3,450 units (confirmed)
MM - Production: 4,016 units (confirmed)
I always look at how many were produced but this is pretty close. Should be a good fight. I would have to say i want AFM since i have one.

TZ and TAF should be in the Finals then if you are looking strictly at Production numbers.

#81 9 years ago

So...basically we did this whole World Cup thing just to find out we were voting for the #1 game in the Top 100? Let me save you some time four years from now: Medieval Madness wins.

#82 9 years ago

Had both side by side in my living room. AFM got thousands of plays and MM got maybe 100. The theme and overall feel of AFM is just far better to me and my friends too.

To me AFM vs ACDC was the real finals.

#83 9 years ago

My vote is still for TZ.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me AFM vs ACDC was the real finals

Boy is that true. I was disappointing that ACDC got knocked out. I'm like a junkie playing that game and to me right now that's number 1.

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

TZ for the win! Eskay, I trust you will fix this as I hold you at the highest level of awesomeness.

This^^^^^^^^

#86 9 years ago

updated

MM > 128
TZ > 127
AFM > 97

TZ is making up ground

#87 9 years ago

Despite all the pinball options over the decades and eras, basically there seems to be 2 online popularity camps : B/W DMD games versus Stern DMD games.

What is interesting is the B/W DMD era is only about a decade, whereas the DMD Stern era is about 50 % longer at about 15 years.

Given the obvious history and popularity of some of the Stern games, one would think that one of the final 4 would have included a DMD Stern rather than 2 pairs of similar games, 17 to 20+ years old, by the same manufacturer.

Perhaps an interesting, separate, final 8 Battle Royale showdown would be to have the 4 most popular Stern DMD games battle against the 4 most popular B/W DMD games.

In the end I suspect B/W still wins the overall popularity contest.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It seems that most people who had MM and AFM in their lineup at the same time prefer AFM.

Owned both and found myself playing and preferring AFM more than MM. However, I voted MM because I believe it is slightly better. Is that possible to like one game better than another while feeling it is slightly inferior?

#89 9 years ago

Hey guys, I was at Disneyland all day yesterday. Just for clarification, don't let the typical pinside trolls nub roll you. Unfortunately, it was true that pinside went down prior to the 9pm pst voting deadline, but MM was in the lead at that time.

I guess it simply goes to show that the B/W guys of this site are the true ones that always need something to whine about

And if you few trollers need more proof of what's going on here, I got the proof:

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I guess it simply goes to show that the B/W guys of this site are the true ones that always need something to whine about

Huh?

The only whining was that some people thought that TZ beat out MM. Those are both B/W pins. Was there "whining"? Sadly, yes. But I don't think it can be blamed on "B/W guys of this site".

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, I was at Disneyland all day yesterday. Just for clarification, don't let the typical pinside trolls nub roll you. Unfortunately, it was true that pinside went down prior to the 9pm pst voting deadline, but MM was in the lead at that time.
And if you few trollers need more proof of what's going on here, I got the proof:
» YouTube video

Thanks Eskaybee..no whining here ( well a little, as I thought TZ had pulled a major comeback)....just all in fun. Thanks for the thread!!!!...mark

#92 9 years ago

I know. I was just joking around, hence the lol emote

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Too bad you dont have one.

I'll have one back someday. Still my 2nd favorite game of all time. If not my first again. I love CV, but if I put it down on paper. TZ is almost a perfectly made pinball machine all around. Theme, layout, modes, toys, sounds. It's brilliant in every aspect.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Don't worry, there are plenty made of all 3, it's not like they are hard to find. As long as you sold high, your in good shape.

#95 9 years ago

TZ by a mile.

#96 9 years ago

Final day of voting. I'm extending voting deadline to 6pm pst due to real life stuff going on. Hope you guys enjoy your day of World Cup action!

#97 9 years ago

updated

MM > 156
TZ > 178
AFM > 120

TZ is turning this thing into a blow out, much like the GER/ BRA game!

#98 9 years ago

and where is Raven !?

#99 9 years ago

TZ!!!!! Weird that it was in the lead previously and "lost"....

#100 9 years ago

I predict TZ takes the lead in final hour, but... Pinside locks up again (mysteriously), and MM gets awarded the win...
-mof

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod
Decorations
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
8,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salt Lake City, UT
16,500 (OBO)
$ 79.50
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-final-mm-v-afm/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.