Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JE.jpg
17.gif
whiny.jpg
Eskaybees-ratings-20140613-1856.png
th-1.jpeg
wcop_2.jpg
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

World Cup Final is here! It only happens once every 4 years so vote for your favorite to go through to the championship!

Voting ends Sunday at 6pm.

Here is the link to the official thread on how the draw took place.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-of-pinball-official-thread#post-1705238

wcop_2.jpgwcop_2.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Fail!

TZ won the semis. Can't help that the ref was snoozing when the clock expired (after all it is a soccer themed popularity contest).

I have already declared TZ the real winner of this world cup final. MM was found to have paid off the head ref and now DQ'd

#3 9 years ago

MM is top dog! sorry Whysnow it was close but MM squeeked it out... no do overs

#4 9 years ago

AFM by a c-hair.

EDIT: I mean TZ

#5 9 years ago

AFM for the win.

#6 9 years ago

TZ won against MM, look at the results.!!....not sure why the OP didn't see it.
I guess the finals are flawed.?
can't vote on this , until it is fixed.

#8 9 years ago

TZ both at the buzzer and after extra time.-this is soccer after all.

#9 9 years ago

Agreed, TZ should be in the finals. Also would have made a more interesting final. Where is that instant replay when you need it!

#10 9 years ago

TZ.

Can't vote anything else untill the poll is fixed!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

MM is top dog! sorry Whysnow it was close but MM squeeked it out... no do overs

Sorry but coming from a guy whose collection is still 2/5 makebelieve I can understand that you dont get reality

#12 9 years ago

i wanted to vote tz but the runner up mm is in the finals instead. voting should stop when the op locks the thread. what a scandal! boycott voting people, the fix is in.

#14 9 years ago

MM should get the "Red Card", leaving AFM for the win!

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry but coming from a guy whose collection is still 2/5 makebelieve I can understand that you dont get reality

Ok your right my opinion is worthless! even though I have been playing pinball since 1983 and collecting since 2001. I have owned 2 TZ and my current MM is my 5th.. I have logged around 1000 games on TZ and been in the zone more times than I can count, but since I don't currently own 14+ games my opinion is not "reality"? Ok thanks for that nugget!
Maybe Robin can make a sub forum for less valuable pinsiders like myself who don't deserve to breath the same rarefied air that a "real collector" like yourself breathes.

#16 9 years ago

Ok your right my opinion is worthless! even though I have been playing pinball since 1983 and collecting since 2001. I have owned 2 TZ and my current MM is my 5th.. I have logged around 1000 games on TZ and been in the zone more times than I can count, but since I don't currently own 14+ games my opinion is not "reality"? Ok thanks for that nugget!
Maybe Robin can make a sub forum for less valuable pinsiders like myself who don't deserve to breath the same rarefied air that a "real collector" like yourself breathes.

relax buddy.

This is an internet forum where we are joking about a popularity poll based on soccer which amazing is ending up very similar to the popularity polls of the Pinside top 100.

I even used a smiley winky face to denote my poking fun. TZ clearly won the semis and myself and skymount saw it at the stroke of 9 PST. Your are taking this all a little too serious.

I personally own 14 very crappy games and I woudl bet at least half my colleciton people on here woudl not own if I gave them away. Go back an play the 3/5ths of your collection that you can and have some fun Don't measure a guy by the # in his collection, just the % that are real

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

TZ both at the buzzer and after extra time.-this is soccer after all.

Eskaybee......clarity, please......

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

relax buddy.
This is an internet forum where we are joking about a popularity poll based on soccer which amazing is ending up very similar to the popularity polls of the Pinside top 100.
I even used a smiley winky face to denote my poking fun. TZ clearly won the semis and myself and sktmount saw it at the stroke of 9 PST. Your are taking this all a little too serious.
I personally own 14 very crappy games and I woudl bet at least half my colleciton people on here woudl not own if I gave them away. Go back an play the 3/5ths of your collection that you can and have some fun

All good man! I probably just had too much coffee this morning

#19 9 years ago

All good man! I probably just had too much coffee this morning

i thought west coasters were supposed to be laid back?

lol

#20 9 years ago

th-1.jpegth-1.jpeg

#21 9 years ago

Let the "Bang the Castle-fest" begin!!!

#22 9 years ago

Let the "Bang the Saucer-fest" begin!!!

#23 9 years ago

This thread definitely needs some form of hole banging if it is going to be saved from the travesty that was TZ getting robbed at a shot in the finals.

#24 9 years ago

A travesty I tell you. A travesty!

I think an investigative committee needs to be formed.

#25 9 years ago

I wasn't happy that the original listings included new Sterns that were "Pro" Vs. "LE."

And look what we ended up with....

#26 9 years ago

TZ - no question. Although I do quite enjoy MM and AFM as well. I also love MB and SS as well - so what do I know?

#27 9 years ago

What was the final count last night?
When do we get to hear/see the truth?
TZ
-mof

#28 9 years ago

Choosing between MM and AFM is like choosing between plain M&Ms or peanut M&Ms.

Mmmmm...M&Ms.

(pay no attention to the subliminal messaging)

#29 9 years ago

Really close match. I vote MM for the better art and slightly better and varied gameplay. In terms of pure audio AFM takes it over MM, the latter is actually a bit too cheesy at times. But as a whole, MM is the better game.

#30 9 years ago

I still can't believe Shadow isn't represented here, ready to kick both these games ass.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I still can't believe Shadow isn't represented here, ready to kick both these games ass.

Get real!

EDIT: Then again with the hanging chads that are going on here you never know.

#32 9 years ago

I am! Popularity doesn't always equal quality.

#33 9 years ago

I say that after this particular contest ends, we need to put up a postseason exhibition game between AFM and TZ, just to see how this shou.. :cough: :cough: ..would have played out if TZ was given the win in the Semi's.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I say that after this particular contest ends, we need to put up a postseason exhibition game between AFM and TZ, just to see how this shou.. :cough: :cough: ..would have played out if TZ was given the win in the Semi's.

Agree. Nothing else to say. But, my vote is still for AFM.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Actually, do we need to wait? Why not just start another pole?

The "Real" World Cup of Pinball Finals! TZ vs AFM

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Actually, do we need to wait? Why not just start another pole?
The "Real" World Cup of Pinball Finals! TZ vs AFM

I thought waiting would be respectful to Eskaybee and let his finish out first.

#37 9 years ago

TZ for the win! Eskay, I trust you will fix this as I hold you at the highest level of awesomeness.

#38 9 years ago

TZ for me, but I'll play nice. I have no idea how the whole thing actually came down.

#39 9 years ago
#40 9 years ago

To stay respectful to Eskaybee, how about a Super World Cup Final between TZ and the winner of the AFM versus MM match.

This would end all controversy and set the world right again.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This thread definitely needs some form of hole banging if it is going to be saved from the travesty that was TZ getting robbed at a shot in the finals.

TZ didn't get robbed of anything.

MM was beating TZ when the poll was over at 9 pm PST last night.

#42 9 years ago

Had AFM and sold it to buy a MM 6 years ago. Both great games but MM wins in my book.

#43 9 years ago

Thanks SKB for going to the trouble of doing this. It has been awesome!! Lot's of fun and really brings the site alive with interaction. Cheers Eskay!

#44 9 years ago

I thought AFM would win this. Already behind 20 votes.

#46 9 years ago

AFM is the better playing (faster, better flow) pin. MM has a few more shots and more to do, and there are many more callouts vs AFM. Love the humor on both, but have an overall preference for MM on that score with the callouts.

AFM is the more challenging pin overall. It's harder to get to RTU on AFM than it is to get to BFTK on MM. But it is much harder to defeat BFTK than it is to beat RTU once you get there.

Really close call for me, but I'd give the nod to AFM with it's faster more challenging play (and flow).

#47 9 years ago

I want an AFM one day, I think it is great, but my nod goes to MM this time.

#48 9 years ago

PS-IMHO, TZ straight up BLOWS both of these games away. Don't know how MM beat it. Just went into that thread to see what the final tally was and TZ is ahead by 9 votes.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

PS-IMHO, TZ straight up BLOWS both of these games away.

The Pinside Top 100 says you are wrong!

Both MM and AFM are better than TZ in my opinion. But I do like TZ.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The Pinside Top 100 says you are wrong!

Well, ya know, look at his Transformers rating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 12.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 22.50
$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
$ 21.50
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-final-mm-v-afm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.