New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150424)

World Cup Advice/Price Check

By SunMonkeyAZ

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flashinstinct
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WC_Playfield_(resized).jpg
WC_Playfield_Upper_(resized).jpg
WC_Playfield_Lower_(resized).jpg
WC_Full_(resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Need some advice. I am looking at a WC and these are the pictures sent to me. I will be going later to look at it myself. It is currently on location, so that has an impact. From what I have been told and from the pics the goalie is missing, the GI bulbs are out (maybe others too), needs to be shopped, playfield has normal wear. Told it works but I don't know what I should look for that are known issues, ramps, etc..... I will not be able to get into the backbox or remove the glass to look at the playfield or under, at least on this first visit. Looking for my second ever pin. Recently sold my first so now I want to move into the 90's DMD world and what I want is a working machine that needs some love so I can enjoy playing while cleaning it up. This fits but I don't know what to offer figuring in what I would spend to make it nice. The asking price is up where I've seen fully shopped ones listed but I'd rather not put the asking. I want to know what pinsiders would estimate for this condition. Maybe your advice tells me he's not asking too much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

WC_Full_(resized).jpg

WC_Playfield_Lower_(resized).jpg

WC_Playfield_Upper_(resized).jpg

WC_Playfield_(resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

800 bucks max. Looks like this needs a lot of love.

#3 4 years ago

Love the game, and I want to get another one someday. I don't think it looks that bad. The goalie is just a plastic and the scoops have typical wear. GI being out is your biggest worry. I'd shoot for $1500 max.

$800, really? Any working/complete Bally/WMS DMD game is worth that. The game on fire is worth more than $800 in parts alone.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Love the game, and I want to get another one someday. I don't think it looks that bad. The goalie is just a plastic. I'd shoot for $1500. $800, really? The game on fire is worth more than $800 in parts alone.

I'm thinking of what price would be worth it to the OP. He isn't selling it for parts, he wants to play it. I think he has a lot of work ahead of him and that has to factor into the price he is willing to pay. I may be a tad low, but especially with him not being able to look at the boards or under the playfield, I would assume the worst to cover your butt.

#5 4 years ago

I's go $1300. New ball, new goalie, new (matching!) flippers, new rubbers, new bulbs.. basic maintenance stuff. Assuming nothing major is broken (i.e Ball still spins, goalie moves, all kickout saucers are working).. The rest is small stuff..

#6 4 years ago

Depends on how you value your time. I'd say at least $1500

You'll probably have $200 in a soccer ball, rubber, goalie, lamps, etc.

Should clean up to be nice, though!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm thinking of what price would be worth it to the OP. He isn't selling it for parts, he wants to play it. I think he has a lot of work ahead of him and that has to factor into the price he is willing to pay. I may be a tad low, but especially with him not being able to look at the boards or under the playfield, I would assume the worst to cover your butt.

Either way, if the seller is asking basically shopped out prices for it, the deal probably won't happen anyway. No way is this a $2,000+ game.

#8 4 years ago

$1300 is a fair offer. GI out is a common issue, you probably need to rebuild the pins and headers, not a huge deal.

#9 4 years ago

The hope is today I can play it on location to at least see if the ball spins, goalie dances and other game features work. If not I'll probably run away. The GI bulbs are out from the owner not replacing them but the board is fine from what I'm told. Before posting I was thinkin in the $1500 - $1800 range as an offer. I guess I wasn't too far off based on the comments. As was mentioned though, since the seller is starting so high he may not be willing to drop.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from SunMonkeyAZ:

The hope is today I can play it on location to at least see if the ball spins, goalie dances and other game features work. If not I'll probably run away. The GI bulbs are out from the owner not replacing them but the board is fine from what I'm told. Before posting I was thinkin in the $1500 - $1800 range as an offer. I guess I wasn't too far off based on the comments. As was mentioned though, since the seller is starting so high he may not be willing to drop.

Hell.. for a quarter a play, play a handful of games..!

#11 4 years ago

Yeah just play the hell out of it and take note of any issues you find and research what it would take to fix them and go from there.

#12 4 years ago

Check for wear at out holes and goal.check the ramp diverter the ramp may have cracks or be broken where diverter shaft passes through ramp. If it has been on location and left on the GI connectors are likely burned. If the playfield is nice all the other issues are not difficult to repair. 1500-1800 is probably not far off bargains are hard to find these days

#13 4 years ago

Well from what I can tell it needs the following:
The free kick target is wrong
The Header plastic at the top near the bumpers is broken
Flippers are not color coordinated
Flipper rebuild kit (most likely)
Wear at the kickouts (normal)
Faded cab (typical)
Looks like you are missing an entire piece of plastic on the right side of the left ramp (tackle area)
If the flipper rubbers are any indication the rest will have to be changed
Missing goalie (as mentioned)

Since Gi is out you are looking at at replacing at the minimum the headers and connectors
The soccer ball is shot
Depending on what you want to do you are looking at a new set of plastics because these have severly yellowed

#14 4 years ago

Go big!!! Make an offer on all three of those machines. Package deal. If he's an op than $5000 talks a lot louder than $1500.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Go big!!! Make an offer on all three of those machines. Package deal. If he's an op than $5000 talks a lot louder than $1500.

$5000 for a WCS, an addams and a fish tales..... Highly unlikely!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 47.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside