• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Gorgar666
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hi,
I just recently bought the World Cup 94 pinball machine and now slowly fixing it all up.
I paid $2500aud for a good condition pinball delivered and have since added new glass, new goalie motor and soccer ball motor, new soccer ball, flippers, new lock bar, new rubbers and some replacement plastics. my next job is to add LED lighting to the internal and exterior of the machine and wanted to know who has already done this both internally and externally, and where they bought the lights. Any assistance would be appreciated, especially if someone is selling these kits in australia.

Btw - does anyone know who sells white pinball balls with a soccer etching on it? that would be beast for this machine.

This is One of my favourite pinball Machines.

8 months later
#2 9 years ago

I'm also looking to LED my World Cup 94. Curious if folks think LED Flashers are worth it? Any kit recommendations? I was looking at this one but noticed that it didn't come with flashers.

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/world-cup-soccer-ultimate-led-lighting-kit (without flashers but has extra GI lamps)

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-1858 (with flashers)

Thanks!

#3 9 years ago

I will say that Cointaker makes the very best LED's and everyone knows it.

#4 9 years ago

Do yourself a favor and just LED the inserts, and leave everything else bulbs; Much cheaper.

#6 9 years ago

I did comet pinball.

Careful with pinks, cool whites and ice blues. I see lots of people doing it and IMO it looks bad. (of course do it to your personal taste)
I kept mine with natural whites and more standard colors and I think it looks fantastic.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from halomojo:

I'm also looking to LED my World Cup 94. Curious if folks think LED Flashers are worth it? Any kit recommendations? I was looking at this one but noticed that it didn't come with flashers.
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/world-cup-soccer-ultimate-led-lighting-kit (without flashers but has extra GI lamps)
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-1858 (with flashers)
Thanks!

Kits are overpriced, buying bulk from Comet is cheaper, etc. etc.

But yes, I would definitely LED your flashers. I have LEDs in my Getaway but didn't LED the flashers and it looks weird to me since the flasher light is so much warmer.

#8 9 years ago

Thanks for the tips everyone. I've decided I'm going to do all LED (flashers too). Now I'm just debating between trying to build my own kit vs buying a pre-made one. I don't want to screw any colors up.

#9 9 years ago

Build your own kit. Look in the world cup soccer club thread on here and on about the 4th page gov lists most of what you need.

#10 9 years ago

I'm currently in the process of shopping my WCS. I can tell you that I originally planned to take it all apart, clean it, put it back together and do LEDs later down the line. After I got the playfield taken apart, I realized doing it again in the near term was akin to madness.

Comet and Cointaker get a lot of love on here, but after doing some research I fell in love with pinballbulbs.com ultimate kit. I'm not sure what shipping would be for you, but the price was quite reasonable and the delivered product was top notch. I kind of wish the instructions were a bit clearer, but then again I'm not one for reading instructions. Either way, it looks pretty awesome. It has some nice add-ons that really make buying a pre-assembled kit worth it IMO. Good luck with it! It's a great game and the LEDs really breathe new life into it.

#11 9 years ago

comet. price and customer service has been excellent. 50 50 non ghosting is the standard for me now.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from gothsurferdude:

I'm currently in the process of shopping my WCS. I can tell you that I originally planned to take it all apart, clean it, put it back together and do LEDs later down the line. After I got the playfield taken apart, I realized doing it again in the near term was akin to madness.
Comet and Cointaker get a lot of love on here, but after doing some research I fell in love with pinballbulbs.com ultimate kit. I'm not sure what shipping would be for you, but the price was quite reasonable and the delivered product was top notch. I kind of wish the instructions were a bit clearer, but then again I'm not one for reading instructions. Either way, it looks pretty awesome. It has some nice add-ons that really make buying a pre-assembled kit worth it IMO. Good luck with it! It's a great game and the LEDs really breathe new life into it.

Hah, I've never disassembled a playfield, so I'm a little nervous about that one. About how long did it take you? I was looking at the pinballbulbs.com Ultimate Kit. Did you buy LED flashers to accompany the kit or did you just go without them?

#13 9 years ago

I ended up going without the flashers. I promise you this kit has enough going on with it. Spotlights and led strips are more than enough for me. I too have never taken apart a playfield. You must be brave! Brave and slow and methodical. Label everything and take more pictures than you ever think you'll need. WCS is a pretty complicated pf from what I've read, but it's nothing you can't handle. It's taken a few hours, like maybe 6 or more, but again that is cleaning, waxing, replacing broken pieces as I went. You could probably do it in 2 hours if you were only replacing bulbs. But I wouldn't suggest that

#14 9 years ago

I had a cointaker kit in mine and it looked awesome, but lately I pretty much get everything from comet. Comet has a variety of options. I have pinball bulbs kit in FT and it looks good too, so no doubt the WCS94 kit is probably very nice.

#15 9 years ago

Just installed pinballbulbs kit last week. Looks amazing.. such an improvement - there was way too much yellow going on before with the incandescents. Took some work.. I rerubbered at the same time. The ramps actually come out pretty easily.. the wiring harnesses through the mini-pf are a bit of a pain to get out/back in. Really not too bad overall though -- once the ramps are all out your pretty golden. Great opportunity to really clean it well and wax. It took a good 6 - 8 hours probably all said and done. Wasn't going super fast though.

The LED strips that come with the pinbulbs kit really are a highlight of the kit -- along with the spot lights. I think they do a really good job of putting the kits together and don't do anything too crazy with the colors. I did change out all the LED's they had for the purples for actual purple ones but that was just my preference. Ordered flashers from Comet that are coming in this week.. we'll see how much it improves things.. I'm guessing not overly necessary but I like how bright they came out in my TAF.

7 years later
#16 1 year ago

How many G.I. Bulbs are in WCS. Natural white or Soft white?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-cup-94-led-lighting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.