P2133124.JPG
P2133122.JPG
P2133121.JPG
P2133119.JPG
P2133120.JPG
Oklahoma JG 4.jpg
Oklahoma JG 2.jpg
nos2.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 9 years ago

I have one too!! Slight difference though in that mine is an AAB version. Has different backglass as can be seen here and credit reel numbers go in increments of 5 instead of 1's

002.JPG002.JPG

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Retropin,
That is very interesting! Would love to see what the rest of yours looks like! Thanks for posting!
Joe

Well.. it looks the same as yours!!... only difference is the BG and credit wheel. If you think about it, 5 balls is a game right? so my game is a replay also.
Not sure what GOTTLIEB were thinking here..

1 week later
#27 9 years ago

Well Jodini, im glad you started this thread as it made me go look further into this machine.
Here are some pics of the PF for you..
003.JPG003.JPG
002.JPG002.JPG
001.JPG001.JPG
012.JPG012.JPG

#28 9 years ago

I went to IPDB to look this game up ( I did send pics of the BG to Jay but didn't hear back).
Game Room magazine did do an article that mentioned a prototype "Extended Play" version that had the credit wheel go in increments of 5 instead of one..

Here's my credit wheel..
Balls wheel.JPGBalls wheel.JPG

If we play a game and come to the end we get "GAME OVER" lit with a 544 flasher ( this pic took a few takes to time right!)... the word BALLS is in the refs handkerchief
Game over.JPGGame over.JPG

Go back to inside the header and I have a factory installed socket
Game over socket.JPGGame over socket.JPG

Cool stuff.. will dig again later and see if mine goes to 7 million and beyond!

#29 9 years ago

A little more on this variation of the game.
There is a Dancing Dolls on IPDB that has the same prototype feature of extended play.
Anyway, comparing that game with mine, I can confirm the machine is what I thought it was.
Dancing Dolls has the DELAY UNIT towards the front of the cabinet.. mine is tucked away at the back on RHS..
Delay unit 001.JPGDelay unit 001.JPG

It is connected to the game via a Jones plug seen here on the top RHS
Delay Jones plug.JPGDelay Jones plug.JPG

OK... so this begs the question with the other WORLD CHAMPS shown here.. is the female side of this connector in your games?

1 week later
#50 9 years ago

Mine came with the nail already installed and so it stays. In all honesty, this is such a great game to play but the flipper gap is sooooo wide that often its hard to even get started. I can see why people install a post instead.. the nail pretty much does nothing unless the ball goes SDTM and hits it direct. My take on this is that I will probably install a post, but instead of just screwing it in, ill fill the post with some Selleys Knead it and use the nail to hold it in place... integrity of the playfield remains intact but it will close that gap a bit more and allow a better game to be played. Nothing worse than 5 balls being lost and no flipper action.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Retropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-champ-gottlieb-1957?tu=Retropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.