P2133124.JPG
P2133122.JPG
P2133121.JPG
P2133119.JPG
P2133120.JPG
Oklahoma JG 4.jpg
Oklahoma JG 2.jpg
nos2.png
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

It is one tough game without something there to give you a chance, and relatively easy to live with once removed, (at least to me), with merely black paint touch-up.

Another game with such a repulsive center drain alley is "Easy Aces," almost always found with a center post. I don't think either of these games would be much fun to play without something in the center.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Mine came with the nail already installed and so it stays. In all honesty, this is such a great game to play but the flipper gap is sooooo wide that often its hard to even get started. I can see why people install a post instead.. the nail pretty much does nothing unless the ball goes SDTM and hits it direct. My take on this is that I will probably install a post, but instead of just screwing it in, ill fill the post with some Selleys Knead it and use the nail to hold it in place... integrity of the playfield remains intact but it will close that gap a bit more and allow a better game to be played. Nothing worse than 5 balls being lost and no flipper action.

Hey... that's not a bad idea!

You might not think it... but I would rather not have to do 'any' of the mods that I mentioned on the
"Personal Touch" thread. I just wish that was the way they came in the first place!

Don't want people to think that I don't have a lot of respect for these designers, because I do.

I think we are all very lucky to have had the great designers that we did.

#53 9 years ago

My kids refused to play my World Champ without the center post...they got frustrated with it really quick

#54 9 years ago

Caught a glimpse of a "World Champ" on the 1959 flick "Anatomy of a Murder". There was also a shuffle bowler which was mostly seen from the side. I was able to identify two models that could have been that bowler based on the side art.

#55 9 years ago

I wanted to see the girl "swoosh, swoosh" in front of the World Champ!

2 weeks later
#56 9 years ago

It's been a labor of love, but it's all back together! Thanks to Dayhuff for the playing field....it's one nice piece of art and plays so nice! Can Wade Kraus even put a little hole where that center post goes!

Enjoying my World Champ!

P3063184.JPGP3063184.JPG
P3063187.JPGP3063187.JPG
P3063189.JPGP3063189.JPG
P3063194.JPGP3063194.JPG
P3063192.JPGP3063192.JPG
P3063191.JPGP3063191.JPG

#57 9 years ago

Nice work Joe!

#58 9 years ago

Really a nice looking game Joe. Great Job!

Ken

#59 9 years ago

I am super jelly! That machine looks wonderful!

#60 9 years ago

Looks great Joe, I'm glad it all worked it out. If anyone else needs a WC playfield let me know as I have one left.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#61 9 years ago

Thanks again John! I'll tell you the amazing thing about these playing fields is the pre-drilled holes. Everything, and I mean everything is predrilled! Every nail, every screw (top and bottom) is all predrilled. The holes are even different sizes so you don't have to tap out anything to make screws or nails fit. Truly amazing and easy!

And you guys will be happy to hear that I'm taking out the LEDS below the playing field. I like them in some of my old ems because the inserts are so "yellowed" or burnt. Since these are brand new, the LEDS almost make it blinding to play! I'm also going to find the right flippers too. I like these because you don't have to double band them....the rubber rides lower on them so they hit the ball just right. However they are slightly over sized so they hit the backside of the other rubber rings. Anyway, they will also get replaced.

The cabinet is going to stay. It's not damaged enough for me to repaint it and I'm a terrible artist. I'll leave that to the next owner when my wife sells it in the estate sale (50 years from now)!

Other than that, I can't wait for my pinball folks to play! I've been wanting a nice wood rail example, and I this one is a fun one. Very fun theme and enjoyable to play! I just couldn't leave that center post out...but it would be easy to remove, fill and paint black. No one would know.

Thanks again folks for the kind words!
Joe

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Thanks again John! I'll tell you the amazing thing about these playing fields is the pre-drilled holes. Everything, and I mean everything is predrilled! Every nail, every screw (top and bottom) is all predrilled. The holes are even different sizes so you don't have to tap out anything to make screws or nails fit. Truly amazing and easy!
And you guys will be happy to hear that I'm taking out the LEDS below the playing field. I like them in some of my old ems because the inserts are so "yellowed" or burnt. Since these are brand new, the LEDS almost make it blinding to play! I'm also going to find the right flippers too. I like these because you don't have to double band them....the rubber rides lower on them so they hit the ball just right. However they are slightly over sized so they hit the backside of the other rubber rings. Anyway, they will also get replaced.
The cabinet is going to stay. It's not damaged enough for me to repaint it and I'm a terrible artist. I'll leave that to the next owner when my wife sells it in the estate sale (50 years from now)!
Other than that, I can't wait for my pinball folks to play! I've been wanting a nice wood rail example, and I this one is a fun one. Very fun theme and enjoyable to play! I just couldn't leave that center post out...but it would be easy to remove, fill and paint black. No one would know.
Thanks again folks for the kind words!
Joe

Very nice.

No way, like ever, should that cabinet be re-painted. Way, way, too nice!

#63 9 years ago

Agreed. Leave the cabinet as is. Nice game, but install the correct flippers. They should not be the flat-top type.

#64 9 years ago

agreed...please give Steve a call and spend the 12 dollars on the correct flippers.

#65 9 years ago

Sorry. Just read where you mentioned about the flippers being wrong. I was too mesmerized by the awesome pictures I guess. That's a really sweet pin. Wish I could find an NOS playfield for my "Ace High". Not likely I'd imagine.

#66 9 years ago

No worries jrpinball! Flippers ordered! Funny...I bought those flippers a while a go accidentally and still can't find the right game for them. Someday!

Hoping to get a good video of it in action soon!
Joe

#67 9 years ago

Such great art

#68 9 years ago

Inspiring!!! I have a playfield from Kruzman I have been meaning to get to replace the original. Thank you guys for inspiring me to get off my backside.....

#69 9 years ago

Hey guys, I saw this pin at an antique store in Long Beach, CA this weekend. Way overpriced and wearing the wrong legs but it has that center post. I thought you all should know. Anyhow, here's a link so you can see for yourself.

http://urbanamericana.com/products/1957-gottlieb-world-champ-pinball-table

Cheers,
Art.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Hey guys, I saw this pin at an antique store in Long Beach, CA this weekend. Way overpriced and wearing the wrong legs but it has that center post. I thought you all should know. Anyhow, here's a link so you can see for yourself.
http://urbanamericana.com/products/1957-gottlieb-world-champ-pinball-table
Cheers,
Art.

Way overpriced relative to the condition.

#71 9 years ago

WOW! Thanks MrArt2u....I feel better about my project now!

I bought the game non working for $300, playing field for $700.00, new backglass from Shay $350.00 (plus shipping), parts from pinball resources (rubbers, pop bumper assemblies, springs, ect) $200.00, plated parts in nickle for $100, new top glass for $40.00.......and of course my time to restore it.

So when I die guys, take care of my wife when you purchase it and don't say....I'll give you $700 for it!
Thank you!
Joe

#72 9 years ago

With "oldcarz" permission, I'm posting a great video of the World Champ he restored. It's a great example of a game without the center post!

#73 9 years ago

I looks awesome Joe, I can’t wait to play it again but this time you need to loosen up the tilt

2 weeks later
#74 9 years ago

Hello! This is the first pinball I am restoring and am looking for the instruction plate, does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Thank you all very much.

#75 9 years ago

What do you mean by the instruction plate? The apron itself or the instruction card?

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from sprkstarkittens:

Hello! This is the first pinball I am restoring and am looking for the instruction plate, does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Thank you all very much.

You need to clarify also what machine you are referring to

#77 9 years ago

If you asking to see the instruction card, this is what I have on my machine.

WC instruction.jpgWC instruction.jpg
#78 9 years ago

If anyone has a World Champ for sale I know a guy out east looking for one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/world-champ-gottlieb-1957/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.