Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by docscott
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0294_wide_lo_res.jpg
    IMG_0283_favorites_lo_res.jpg
    IMG_0295_lo_res.jpg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

IMG_0294_wide_lo_res.jpgIMG_0294_wide_lo_res.jpgIMG_0295_lo_res.jpgIMG_0295_lo_res.jpgIMG_0283_favorites_lo_res.jpgIMG_0283_favorites_lo_res.jpg// Error: Image 14874 not found //// Error: Image 14874 not found //Two floors of fun. A decent pinball lineup I think. AFM, CFTBL, SM Black, MM, CC, SS, TOTAN, STTNG, CV. I have room for three more pins. I like the variety in themes. I'm thinking MB, Transformers and Wizard of Oz. Any more recommendations?

When I do get bored I have pool, shuffleboard, darts, ping pong, a few arcade games, air hockey and most importantly a wet bar! How I love to light up a stogie and spend a few hours with friends on the pins.

MM and SM seem to garner the most attention. IMG_0294_wide_lo_res.jpgIMG_0294_wide_lo_res.jpg

#2 12 years ago

You need a TZ in that line up! Nice collection though. Im jealous!

#3 12 years ago

And the next time I vacation in Apache Junction...you need to give me you address!!!!

#4 12 years ago

Let's see some pics of room and games? Very nice line up.

#5 12 years ago

I would love to see some pictures.

Sounds like an incredible game room.

#6 12 years ago

okay guys, pics are up. my first forum post so I had to work my way through it. Thoughts? What games next?

#7 12 years ago

i wish i could convert my garage (maybe it isn't a garage?) to a gameroom . i don't think that would work in these here parts though...

Nice setup you got going there. No need for a TZ IMHO. Looks nice as is.

#8 12 years ago

Yes, Dave, you need your garage there I bet. Luckily I had the main house with a three car garage and a guest house with a one car garage so I was able to make this extra detached three car garage with a loft bedroom into what I hope to be the ultimate man cave. What pins next?

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

What pins next?

I think your wishlist is heading you down the right road, not that you really need to add anything. Your collection is top notch.

I think you might need to add TAF to your list.

#10 12 years ago

Big Buck Hunter pin would fit in there nicely. Most people don't like it because of the theme, it seems it would fit in your game room fine.

#11 12 years ago

Great gameroom docscott! I'm envisioning a line of back to back pins down the middle though. Who plays ping-pong that much these days anyways? Joking! But you asked

#12 12 years ago

I don't like bbh because the ball hangs up on the track the buck moves on. that and about ten or so other reasons.

#13 12 years ago

MB is one of my favorites but you already have at least 3 games with a fan layout. I would recommend balancing your collection with a TAF or TZ or adding another good Stern like Tron or TSPP.

#14 12 years ago

NICE!! Wizard of Oz should be there fer sure!

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

MB is one of my favorites but you already have at least 3 games with a fan layout.

very true, sell me that afm and get a tz... Heck, Ill trade you my tz plus some cash and drive it on down to ya!

#16 12 years ago

Jimjim, you hit the nail on the head. Been thinking BB for just that reason. Tried it a Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas recently and liked it. Dave, I am looking for a TAF too. Want it great shape and just haven't found one yet. Anyone played TF LE yet?

#17 12 years ago

Great lineup....Not withstanding WOZ, you need:

TSPP - something with depth and stop and go action. I prefer it over TZ

GNR/Tommy - Ya need at least one good DE game

BBB - Might as well shoot for the moon

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

NICE!! Wizard of Oz should be there fer sure!

It will be unfortunately God only knows how long until they release!! Have you played TF LE?

#19 12 years ago

Nice looking gameroom,Thanks for posting,it gives us something to shoot for ). WOZ will look great in there,do you have one on order? Also I really like those shuffle bowlers,sorry you asked us what else you need in the gameroom,as I'm sure a bunch of us will have ideas on how to spend your $.

#20 12 years ago

You know I've been toying with that idea... unfortunately they're rarer than hen's teeth. I think I'll start looking for one.... And if I blow ungodly amounts of money for it it will all be your fault.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

MB is one of my favorites but you already have at least 3 games with a fan layout. I would recommend balancing your collection with a TAF or TZ or adding another good Stern like Tron or TSPP.

Have you played TF LE yet? I'm not as patently against Stern as some people seem to be.

Quoted from shock_me:Great gameroom docscott! I'm envisioning a line of back to back pins down the middle though. Who plays ping-pong that much these days anyways? Joking! But you asked

Yes, I think I'll put at least four more in the middle. Is there any such thing as too many pins? I try to pretend to my visitors that there is a reason other than pinball to come into my man cave.... hence the few non-pinball games.

#23 12 years ago

Impressive set up, awesome line up of games!

#24 12 years ago

very nice!!!!

#25 12 years ago

Your ping pong net could use a shop job

#26 12 years ago

Love it Doc!.....one suggestion, 60 inch samsung led where the dart board is!

#27 12 years ago

Pool table, ping pong (gotta have it cause the kids love it), and a great line up of pins.....nice diversification

#28 12 years ago

Beautiful game room you have there and a sweet lineup of pins. I would have no problem being happy and comfortable in that space if you ever need to hire a live in pinball tech.

I see nothing wrong with having a ping pong table. I'm no Forrest Gump, but we take that game pretty seriously around here. But with that being said, if it came down to needing room for more pins it would be outta there!

#29 12 years ago

already have the big screen surround sound deal just up the stairs.... all set. Hell, who needs to ever leave...

#30 12 years ago

Spiderman Black... you bastard

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from ssathre:

Beautiful game room you have there and a sweet lineup of pins. I would have no problem being happy and comfortable in that space if you ever need to hire a live in pinball tech.
    I see nothing wrong with having a ping pong table. I'm no Forrest Gump, but we take that game pretty seriously around here. But with that being said, if it came down to needing room for more pins it would be outta there!

gotta tell ya, sometimes it feels like I need a live in tech. I turn the heat off when I'm not there. Does the drop in temp effect these machines? Seems like I blow a lot of switches and someone told me it was from the temperature variations? Is that true.

The other games keep the kids and non-pinball players happy.

#33 12 years ago

Beautiful game room. I really like the high ceilings and the openness. Sweetness.

#34 12 years ago

Seriously. I am just getting ready to actually HAVE a game room as opposed to having pins stuffed in a variety of corners around the house.

Now I feel like quitting. I will never have it look that nice. Great job, doc!

#35 12 years ago

Very nice.

Quoted from docscott:

The other games keep the kids and non-pinball players happy.

Looks like you might have room for about another 20 titles (two rows of 10 back-to-back) with the pool & ping pong tables out of the picture.

Watch for waning interest and make your move.

#36 12 years ago

Nice setup

#37 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Seriously. I am just getting ready to actually HAVE a game room as opposed to having pins stuffed in a variety of corners around the house.
    Now I feel like quitting. I will never have it look that nice. Great job, doc!

Shucks, don't give up! I was fortunate to acquire a lot of square footage so I could have a dedicated man cave space. At least you have the benefit of being able to be in front of a pin within seconds, no matter where you are. I have to walk down to the separate building, sometimes through snow.... so, it is a tradeoff. Of course, once I'm there I never want to leave. Booze, cigars, a popcorn maker and some great pins... what more can a guy ask for?

#38 12 years ago

Awesome setup. Wouldn't change a thing!

#39 12 years ago

Holy Cow!

There is no reason to ever leave your room.

Congratulations on a beautiful set up.

#40 12 years ago

You need a TSPP and a TZ in there and then your game room will be the ultimate.

#41 12 years ago

Very nice game room I have most of the pins you have or I have had them. Transformers LE would fit nice in your line up. TRON LE is very good stern to.

#42 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

You know I've been toying with that idea... unfortunately they're rarer than hen's teeth. I think I'll start looking for one.... And if I blow ungodly amounts of money for it it will all be your fault.

Great looking game room!!! Message me if your looking for a BBB. I know someone who is selling one but you are right it ain't cheap. But by looking at your setup it looks like you can afford it. (:

#43 12 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Beautiful game room. I really like the high ceilings and the openness. Sweetness.

thanks so much.

#44 12 years ago

awesome setup!

#45 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

gotta tell ya, sometimes it feels like I need a live in tech.

Doc I live in Tucson but I'd be more than happy to drive up there and play, errrrr, I mean clean all your machines while you're away.

#46 12 years ago

Where's the stripper pole?

#47 12 years ago

Maybe a firemans pole instead, could double as a stripper pole.

#48 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

TomGWI said:Beautiful game room. I really like the high ceilings and the openness. Sweetness.
    thanks so much.

What's your favorite game in the gameroom?

#49 12 years ago

Ping Pong!!!

#50 12 years ago

lol OK. What's your favorite pin?

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-the-ultimate-game-room and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.