• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3255.JPG
iWKad22.jpg
#1 9 years ago

We are working on a Sparky frying mod. Needs more work but you get the effect!

#3 9 years ago

That is pretty cool!

#4 9 years ago

Nice. You need a fan to kick in after to suck the smoke out.

#5 9 years ago

We are working on the fans. One to pump air in and one to pump air out. Trying to figure out the right size smoke machine. Trying to have it ready to show at Expo on top of the millions of other things!

#6 9 years ago

iWKad22.jpgiWKad22.jpg

#8 9 years ago

first i just wanna say thats awesome! BUT id be worried what the smoke might do with regards to keeping my machine clean.. of course if the fan removed it quickly prolly be fine... pc fan flex tubed through the bottom vent? intake and how to trigger the fan being turned on those would be the toughies.

#9 9 years ago

Looks fantastic, awesome for a demo machine/show machine, not for my home machine. =)

#10 9 years ago

Love it.!!
If you could tweak it a little, (All within one game)..go with just a small puff of smoke the first time you get Sparky,
A little more smoke for the 2nd time , and what you demonstrate for the 3rd time ..!!!
(Heck, how about adding a smoke-blowing snake when Snake-multi ball is achieved.!!)

#11 9 years ago

Have you ever been in a room with a smoke machine for very long? I think the look of this mod is great but the effect of the smoke in the machine will be horrible. I hope you prove me wrong... good luck

#12 9 years ago

THIS is what I've been suggesting since Met hit the street! Great work and I'm sure you will get it tweaked just right.

#13 9 years ago

That is just down right "COOL" !!!!
But

Quoted from tilted81:

BUT id be worried what the smoke might do with regards to keeping my machine clean..

I did a "trunk'N'treat" one year and had smoke machines in my burb and it took me a few weeks to get the "oily" residue off. I used a water based fog juice.

IMG_3255.JPGIMG_3255.JPG

#14 9 years ago

Wow - really cool effect! Hope you can get some fans ironed out.

#15 9 years ago

I think that's way to much smoke and it's coming from the wrong place, it should be coming from Sparkys electrode attachment on his head. Just a little smoke not a lot.

#16 9 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog_machine

Cool mod, but I'm curious what the liquid is (and where does it go when it dissipates)

#17 9 years ago

Now that's bad ass if it works out good i might have to get another Metallica very cool !!!

#18 9 years ago

Fry that mother F.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Nice. You need a fan to kick in after to suck the smoke out.

Yes indeed. That stuff will eventually stick to anything.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

That is just down right "COOL" !!!!
But

I did a "trunk'N'treat" one year and had smoke machines in my burb and it took me a few weeks to get the "oily" residue off. I used a water based fog juice.

IMG_3255.JPG 45 KB

Yea, that's pretty much what I was afraid of..

#21 9 years ago

I think if you have fans sucking the smoke right out....so that it's in for a 10 seconds after the frying of sparky.....than out of the machine it should keep things clean. I think it's a great idea and a fun MOD!! Looks good guys

#22 9 years ago

I think even with the fans that this will accumulate unwanted layer of particles over time either on the Playfield, on the inside of the csbinet, or on the wall behind the machine. Plus, in real life if someone hits the electric chair, is there any smoke?

#23 9 years ago

I would love to see this... on my friend's game.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I would love to see this... on my friend's game.

+1

Suuuuuch a cool effect, though. Wow! Great job.

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#25 9 years ago

That's piss funny, awesome. Nice extractor fan in the head box venting through the back will add to the atmosphere too.

#26 9 years ago

Pretty cool as I like the 4d effects. However, I think Tmezel already sells a smoke machine mod on their site. The smoke is not in the machine but outside of it. Might be better to avoid possible game damage.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Plus, in real life if someone hits the electric chair, is there any smoke?

Only if Percy is in charge of wetting the sponge.

#28 9 years ago

Whoever does a safe Jacobs ladder mod will be a legend. OT but found these electricity guys on you tube while looking for DIY Jacobs ladder instructions.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

Whoever does a safe Jacobs ladder mod will be a legend. OT but found these electricity guys on you tube while looking for DIY Jacobs ladder instructions.
» YouTube video

That's pretty cool, thanks.

#31 9 years ago

Looks like a modification to Lior's smoke mod. Did you use Lior's version to create this?

#32 9 years ago

Looks awesome, but water based fog inside your game is gonna make games shipped in overseas crates look like HUO in comparison.

#33 9 years ago

Cook em Danno!!

#34 9 years ago

If you ever sell, it's gonna be hard to say it came from a smoke-free home.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Looks like a modification to Lior's smoke mod. Did you use Lior's version to create this?

My post was Lior's smoke mod. Not sure what the Met is using.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from DMC:

» YouTube video

Wow, what a kick but video. This is why I like Pinside. Nobody complaining about off topic cool/funny posts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-sparky-frying-mod-for-metallica and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.