bigtimeinnerdoor_(resized).jpg
fuses_(resized).JPG
whiteboard_(resized).JPG
bigtime_overall_003_(resized).JPG
bigtime_overall_002_(resized).JPG
big_time_inspection_016_(resized).JPG
big_time_inspection_011_(resized).JPG
big_time_inspection_001_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Nice! I've got a spare lamp cover if you need one - it is not a top tier, NOS part - it's a spare grimy one that I replaced in another game. Needs a cleaning, but a heckuva lot better than nothing! Yours for free if you'd like. PM me and we'll go from there.

#7 8 years ago

No, that is normal. Coney Island and Palm Springs used the older style that sits over the metal ring. I like the older style (which is a holdover from the one ball games), since it assures a snug fit and is harder to deform. Also, they could ensure a standardized fitting over metal vs. the routed hole, which does have a tiny bit of variance. The split in the front of the old style is also helpful when dealing with shrinkage from heat.

On Big Time, they had moved to the newer style (a few years prior). I think the newer style looks better, with the red tops - a little more eye-catching.

#9 8 years ago

Once you get all three up and running, I am very curious about your thoughts about gameplay between them and which you prefer, etc.

1 week later
#16 8 years ago

The ball lift motor looks appropriate, I think? What do you see that's missing? There should be two cams (which I can see), switches (appear to be there), arm, and hey! It even has the cover for the switches. The motor is there (on the back side).

Glad those weak fuse clips had a screw wedged in there. Hopefully it'll accept a fuse without breaking a clip. Cab looks pretty good!

#19 8 years ago

What toyguy said! It's normal for that kind of core to have some lateral movement. The silver thing is the gearbox.

1 week later
#35 8 years ago

I'd have to look at the schematic, but normally the odds are 6v circuits.

#40 8 years ago

The start relay should not be engaged long enough to be very hot. You have something sticking in your startup sequence (probably odds?). The magic lines work off of a clever set of coils - if they don't move up and down, then either the wiper plate (under the knob on the footrail) has an issue, the jones plug has an issue, or one of the coils has an issue.

There's also the lines feature unit to contend with - if it doesn't 'think' that you have all five enabled, though the lamp could be showing, you won't be able to move it.

#42 8 years ago

Double-checked schematic - yes, 6v. I know of no bingos that used 17V lamps for odds/features, but I know at least the Turf King one ball horse race game uses 17V lamps for features/odds.

Yeah, it is (four out of five lines moving)!

#3 ball lit is likely a jones plug issue (one portion touching a different circuit). Otherwise, you have a problem with that switch, but if you've removed one of the shutter boards, you'll see there's not much to foul up there.

I won't tell you the worst-case scenario... for now. There's a couple other possibilities, but definitely rule out jones plugs first.

#44 8 years ago

Big Time has five magic lines. I'd try cleaning the finger boards for the magic lines under the rails first, especially if you've already cleaned the Jones Plugs. I'll be asking you to do that anyway for your #5 line.

2 weeks later
#51 7 years ago

Ah, it's missing the actual actuator arm. Worth a shot to take the wire nut off temporarily, you can always wire it back together. Also, take a peek at the red button switch tabs and leaves - they may be touching. The second (top) switch provides much of the action.

1 week later
#54 7 years ago

NoQuarters, I hope to have a moment to review schematics this weekend. Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread!

#58 7 years ago

I usually check both pbr and Marco. The short springs are harder to get. That's a good trick with the longer springs, NoQuarters.

#64 7 years ago

Following the schematic, here's what I see with this problem:

1) Replay reset relay has a NC switch - that's obviously closed since the coil is energizing.
2) EB play could have a misadjusted switch.

Most likely the culprit is what Minnesota13 said:
The coin switch, located at F-4.5 shows three poles. So, that's probably the problem. Replacing with a new coin switch will probably fix it. Alternatively, if an Xacto can be used to slice and solder to the remaining tab, that should stop Start from energizing. Gotta find the wires, though.

Common is Green with Black tracer
Black with white tracer I believe is NC
and White with a red tracer is NO.

I may have the NO and NC colors reversed.

So, I think

Quoted from bingopodcast:Stuck coin switch?

and

Quoted from minnesota13:I am suspicious of your micro switch wiring. There are three lugs. Your first lug is broken off with evidence of previous soldering activity.

will light the way.

Once that has been replaced/repaired, then we'll have to evaluate. Hopefully Paul sees this and signs on to keep us all updated. You had it cleaned up nicely cosmetically, NoQuarters!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-big-time?tu=bingopodcast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.