Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20151001_225121082_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150917_191934416_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150917_191828881.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

just got a doodle bug out of the basement of a very old house that was being flipped,(i just missed an old wooden phone booth with phone that was also in the basement,oh well .)the machine was filthy on the outside and dusty on the inside.looks like it hadn't worked in many years. the coil for the lock relay was broken off ,i have ordered a new one ,in the mean time i have taped the relay closed
I don't have a schematic
Is the function of the switch stacks on the score motor similar to those on the dipsy doodle,except for the player matches and player index?
I ask because i got the game to reset most of the time when i press the credit button and it will give me 5 balls showing on the back glass, and it ejects the ball onto the shooting lane to start the game ,I play the ball ,ball drops and most of the time will be ejected to the shooting lane again ,backglass shows 4 balls to play ,ball is played but two things don't work:
1 the ball isnt ejected onto shooting lane after the second ball drains
2 the kickout hole doesn't work the majority of the time(no matter which ball is being played)
good contact is being made under the playfield when the little button is depressed by the ball when it falls into the kickout hole ,if i manually close the transfer relay in the backhead it will work ,if i manually close the eject relay it will work
havent cleaned or adjusted the switch stacks on the score motor yet

#3 8 years ago

ok cleaned all jones plugs ,cleaned and adjusted switches , just didnt do the switch stacks on score motor yet ,wondered which switches in score motor related to outhole and the kickout hole

#5 8 years ago

thanks rolf
yes the flippers and bumpers all work
yes the ball on backglass goes from 5 to 4 after first ball played drains
and i think the ball index relay is always pulling, I will look again to make sure
after that ball drains the backglass doesnt change to 3 it stays at 4
and the kickout doesnt function ,and the outhole relay doesnt pull

#8 8 years ago

ok ball index relay is always pulled in ,
when i push in on the outhole relay the ball is ejected and the ball to play on backglass counts down the balls to play correctly

#11 8 years ago

rolf is the ball index supposed to be on all the time ,that is switches all closed all the time ?
also when you talk about the switch on the ball count unit ,you mean the stepper unit in the backhead right?
and is the switch one of the copper fingers on the side apposite the gear /coil side of the unit or somewhere else
thanks for all the help
jim

#14 8 years ago

ok thanks i think i understand now what the ball index relay is for and i think i know what you mean by the switch on the ball index
i didnt get a chance to look for same color wires yet to trace it to a switch on score motor( still at work sneaking on computer when i can )
but am i correct in stating that when i first power up the game and push the credit button the ball index relay should not be active ,also this am (before i left for work ) when game was powered on and credit button pushed the ball,did not get sent to ball release lane ,only thing i tinkered with last night was game over relay and start up relay ( i think, they are latch relays and my labels are missing )
also if this helps before ,when the game would be started , the credit button was pushed game would reset backglass would say 5 balls to play ,and the ball would be sent to the ball release lane, the ball in play would go from 5 ball s to play to 4 balls to play even before any ball was played .
ball count unit or did this have to do with the ball index relay too.
ill full around with it tonight and keep posting progress ,maybe a pic of the ball count unit .
tack for hjalpen

#16 8 years ago

Rolf .let me first apologize. I read that you were in Switzerland but my mind read that you were in Sweden so I thought I would be nice and say thanks in Swedish .my old mind is playing tricks on me .so I guess I should say merci. Or danke? For all your help.at least I think that's how you would say thanks in Switzerland.yes?. Anyway the end of service switch looks good on the ball count unit .making good contact for ball positions 1,3_3,4_5 and zeroes out properly.it was late last nite when I got home so I will look good at the switch motor I hope today in the daylight.appreciate all the help.will letyou know what I find
Jim

#20 8 years ago

Thanks am working thru this one with everyone's help and ordered a schematic this afternoon on eBay will keep all posted as I continue to work thru this I can usually get one of these running in a few days but this one is giving me trouble .will look at score motor closer tomorrow didn't get to it today

#21 8 years ago

will also look closer at the ball index relay too maybe thats the problem ?i hope .

#22 8 years ago

ok the reason the ball index relay was sticking was because the 1000 point relay was constantly on ,happened earlier when i first goot the game but stopped on its own ,now its doing it again,eos switch on the 1000 score reel seems good ,could it be from Eos switch on another score reel,looks like the green on relay can do this too ,only the middle pop bumper when lit can give a 1000 points score ,anyway until i figure that out i disconnected the selenoid for the 1000 point relay ,ball index no longer is always on.
next i look closer at score motor switches
zero switch for ball count unit seems to be ok

#24 8 years ago

ok ball index relay is no longer activated at the start of a game but as soon as i shoot a ball,( i have to manually put it in the shooter lane ) as soon as the ball scores points the ball index is activated as it should and pulls in
and i know the 1000 point relay wont score but i thought i would see if correcting the ball relay issues would somehow correct the outhole issue. thanks thought i'd sort out the 1000 point relay thing later after i get the outhole thing solved

#25 8 years ago

Great news
Tonight I adjusted the switches again on the score motor ,specifically the index wheel as was suggested by Rolf ,and now the ball is kicked out onto the shooting lane as it should .ball to play counts down and the bonus kick out whole at the top of the playfield works now too!
Very exciting .Thanks to the help of the pinside crew . It looked like all the switches were opening and closing properly but one of the switches just wasn't closing completely.
Now ,the final two problems:
1: the 1000 point relay still stays closed,active ,the EOS switch on the 1000 score reel is properly open at end of stroke, but i'll check this again
in looking at a similar game that was suggested, klondike it could be activated by the green relay or yellow relay?
i'll try to look into this tomorrow
2: now that the balls are kicked out and counted down properly ,after the last ball is played score motor turns,ball drains it is not kicked out,which is correct ,game over lights on back glass, BUT lock relay stays locked and flippers cont to work ,game over relay kicks off as it should ,is this another switch on score motor?
and thanks for all the help ,this is a great site that makes everyone, no matter how much experience they have ,welcome.

#27 8 years ago

thanks when i want to turn off game i turn off the power switch and power is cut from the game
will take a look at the reset adn game over and start searching for 1000 point relay problem

if you have anymore info let me know thanks
jim

#29 8 years ago

OK 1000 point relay fixed .closed contact on playfield .now to look at gme over and reset relay to complete the game over problem and that's should be it .
Thanks for the great help.

#31 8 years ago

ok got the game over working properly it was a switch on the game over relay that wasnt opening as it should. Rolf thanks for all your help again
jim here are some before and after pics

IMG_20150917_191828881.jpgIMG_20150917_191828881.jpg

IMG_20150917_191934416_HDR.jpgIMG_20150917_191934416_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151001_225121082_HDR.jpgIMG_20151001_225121082_HDR.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Louis, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jdapolito.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-a-doodle-bug-outhole-wont-eject-ball?tu=jdapolito and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.