20190208_224741 (resized).jpg
20190208_224736 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png
IMAG1241_1.jpg
IMAG1242.jpg
IMAG1243.jpg
Bally_1976_Freedom_Schematic_Diagram_continuous (1).pdf (PDF preview)
Pinball (resized).png
Pinball (resized).png

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I have a Bally Freedom 1976. Technically It seems like it is listed as 1975 on the machine. It is an EM and it was turning on and displaying General Illumination. I have never gotten it to the point that there was any game play. I turned it on yesterday and it does not even show the general Illumination today. I do not think that the flippers flipped at any point. The last time I was looking at it it seemed like troubleshooting manuals were pointing to the end of game switch in the back box or the coin mechanism lockout. I am assuming that the no power issue tells me that I blew a fuse. I will look for the blown fuse. If I work my way back from the power supply I would imagine that the blown fuse would be obvious. If I find the blown fuse where do I look to find the issue with the fact that a game will not start or play?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkAnderson:

where do I look to find the issue with the fact that a game will not start or play?

If the Credit button doesn't activate the Credit relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Credit button doesn't activate the Credit relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.
[quoted image]

I found the blown fuse in the main box right behind the playmeter. The fuseholder actually was broken. I ordered a fuse holder replacement. The only thing that I could find that I thought would be substantial enough was this: https://www.carid.com/standard/wire-terminal-clip-mpn-et221.html i will cut a terminal off of the set and replace the one in Freedom.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

My schematic reading is rusty if it ever existed at all. It looks like power comes off of the transformer I am not sure what the number 4 tells me where it comes off. I am sure that if I counted the number of loops where it comes off it would tell me the Voltage? Do the numbers 51-2 tell me where I can find this? It looks like it passes through a 10 amp fuse. Is there something in this that tells me where to look for the 10 amp fuse? After it passes through the fuse there is a number 30 or 80 does that tell me something? I am totally clueless on that. Then it looks like it goes through a delay RE I don t know what that is. Is it a relay? It must be a relay that opens or closes then it looks like it goes along and there is the number 81-8. Not sure what that tells me. Then it goes to a credit relay. I am assuming that the credit relay needs to be open so that it has credit on it. Then it goes through the coin unit limit switch. If this switch is electrified it is closed and the circuit is completed. Then it says 93-2 If the credit unit is 0 then you get nothing if you press the game switch. It could also have a 5 on it but if it is open its not going to work. I don’t understand the numbers 57-8 27-2 are these positions on the motor unit in the guts of the machine? The credit buttons shows as open but if everything else is in place I should be able to press the credit button and it should start the game. Not sure what 15-5 is. I don’t understand the item shown on the board after the 15-5 is it another closed switch? I am not sure how the 2nd and third coin shuts come into play does the electricity have to flow through them to get back to the credit button? Then it seems like it flows out through 30 to 8 which is what I assume is Ground?

So if I am listing the potential issues to check.
1) find the 10 am fuse and test it for continuity.
2) Check the Delay Relay to make sure that it is closed but not sure where that is.
3) The credit relay should be on the credit reel and it should be closed to show that I have a credit and it should decrement the reel by one when I press the credit button.
4) I need to check the coin unit limit switch and it should be closed but I cannot think where that would be.
5) I need to check the credit unit to make sure that the credit unit zero switch is not open.
6) Then I need to check the credit button to make sure that it completes the circuit when it is pressed.
7) I want to check the reset switch to make sure that it is closed but I don’t know where that is. Is the number telling me that it is switch 15-5?
8) Then something is closed but I have no idea what it is I should check it when I fgure it out to make sure it is closed.
9) Then second and third coin chute switches should be closed I can check them. At some point along this path I should find something that is open but should be closed or something that is closed but should be open. When I find it that will be the reason that my game is not starting up.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

After I posted my response I think that I digested what you said. I need to start at the transformer and work my way through the machine with it unplugged. I will test on both sides of the items that are shown in the schematic to see if they are closed as should be closed or open as should be open.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

I guess that the last EM that I worked on was one of my 60s Gottliebs or 60s bally. Im actually having issues finding the first fuse off of the transformer. Where do I look?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

I sure have issues identifying the actual parts on the Schematic. Im almost better trying to follow the logic myself and not trying to understand the schematic. As discussed earlier I found one 8 amp fuse on the base of the field right behind the playmeter. I replaced the fuse holder and tested it and put a 7.5 Amp fuse in it until my 8 am fuses arrive. Then I found a fuse up by the bridge rectifier on the underside of the playfield in the lower right hand corner right near the flipper assembly. That holder was broken and I replaced it. I am actually not sure what size fuse goes in that holder so right now I think that I have a 7.5 amp in there also. In addition to that the playfield lighting was flickering on and off and when I hit the main body on the side near the tilt switch The lights would go on. I tested the three fuses and fuse holders on the wall next to the tilt switch and the bottom one which was 15 amps had one clip that was broken off. I replaced the holder. At this point I am not sure where to go next. I looked in the backbox and could not see any fuses. I looked at the motor assembly and there are a few leaf switches that look very bent out of shape. I would almost think that my next check would be to see which leaf switch on the credit reel should be Open or closed when there are credits on the machine. My hunch is that if there are credits on the machine or not the leaf switch is open. I am guessing that I need to look at leaf switch 91- or leaft switch 51-8 or 27 -2 or 15-5 Credit unit zero needs to be closed. Obviously the credit button needs to be closed. The reset relay needs to be closed.

#8 5 years ago

I am bad with schematics. I don't have the back glass the previous owner broke it. So I think that I am in Game over mode. I have 9 games on the game reel. Part of me wonders if the game reel is advancing correctly because it is about half way between 9 and 8 games. The coin rejectors are in place and the right side seems to be working well. When I put coins in the coin slots they are always rejected and dropped back into the return coin dispenser. Actually the left hand side coin rejector seems to catch the coin and do nothing with it until you press the coin return button and it goes back into the coin return slot. I looked at the solenoid on the coin rejector it is unactivated. So typically this solenoid should be activated if the game is turned on. If the game is turned off it should be deactivated so that is one of my problems. I would imagine that I either have a bad solenoid or whatever is powering the solenoid has lost the power that it provides to the solenoid. Since I just looked at some electrical issues in front I wonder if I have a bad connection in the front door or a leaf switch on the motor is not making a connection.

#9 5 years ago

When I put coins in the coin slots they are always rejected and dropped back into the return coin dispenser. Actually the left hand side coin rejector seems to catch the coin and do nothing with it until you press the coin return button and it goes back into the coin return slot. I looked at the solenoid on the coin rejector it is unactivated. So typically this solenoid should be activated if the game is turned on. If the game is turned off it should be deactivated so that is one of my problems. I would imagine that I either have a bad solenoid or whatever is powering the solenoid has lost the power that it provides to the solenoid. Since I just looked at some electrical issues in front I wonder if I have a bad connection in the front door or a leaf switch on the motor is not making a connection

If the Coin Lockout relay on the front door never activates, and you want it to take coins, inspect and diagnose this circuit with alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the 1D motor switch.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Coin Lockout relay on the front door never activates, and you want it to take coins, inspect and diagnose this circuit with alligator clip jumper wires, starting with the 1D motor switch.
[quoted image]

Thanks I will look at that and see what is causing the issue with the coin lockout coil.

I just replaced the fuse holder and fuse by the tilt plumb. I changed the credits per coin settings in the bottom panel, which may be causing me new issues. Now when I turn it on the score motor runs endlessly. The scoring reels reset and then reset again. The targets reset. The ball count stepper unit resets and the coin stepper unit resets but then it all does it all over again repeatedly until I shut it off.

#11 5 years ago

Thanks I will look at that and see what is causing the issue with the coin lockout coil.
I just replaced the fuse holder and fuse by the tilt plumb. I changed the credits per coin settings in the bottom panel, which may be causing me new issues. Now when I turn it on the score motor runs endlessly. The scoring reels reset and then reset again. The targets reset. The ball count stepper unit resets and the coin stepper unit resets but then it all does it all over again repeatedly until I shut it off.

So if the machine is now repeatedly resetting the scor motor unit is getting to the reel that has one bump on it and when it does it is not registering that the machine has reset right?

#12 5 years ago

So if the machine is now repeatedly resetting the scor motor unit is getting to the reel that has one bump on it and when it does it is not registering that the machine has reset right?

Huh?

#13 5 years ago
I think that I am trying to remedy the symtoms as they come up. I need to just follow the trail from the transformer to the problem and figure out what swich is open that needs to be closed or vise versa.

3 weeks later
#14 5 years ago

I think that I am trying to remedy the symtoms as they come up. I need to just follow the trail from the transformer to the problem and figure out what swich is open that needs to be closed or vise versa.

Sorry my statement was unclear. I am out of the practice of using a schematic to troubleshoot pinballs so I will give too much detail here because It helps me to think through the issue.

I am using the schematic to identify the issue that I am having with Freedom not being able to start a game. When I look at the schematic it shows that the wire coming out of the transformer is listed as 15-2 which makes the wires body color red (1) with a tracer color of white (5). The schematic says that the number after the dash (2) indicates the reuse of the same color wire. I do not understand the statement that the 2 indicates the reuse of the same color wire. I also do not understand what the specific number 2 in this situation tells me. Can you or anyone tell me what they are saying when they put this number 15-2 in the schematic?

So I followed the red and white wire from the transformer to the 10 amp fuse. How do I know if the 10 amp fuse needs to be a fast blow or a slow blow? I checked the 10 amp fuse holder and the fuse for continuity and they are both good. The fuse was to the left of the front door near the tilt plumb bob. There three fuses on a separate wood panel next to the ball tilt and the plumb tilt. Is there a reason that Bally put these on a separate panel? It is fairly complex to follow the red and white wire through out the whole machine from the transformer to the fuse. As you know it is bundled into a harness. I tested at the fuse holder and checked continuity back to the transformer. It showed as continuous. Is that the best way to check this?

Moving beyond the fuse holder.... the wiring is as stated is red and white from the transformer to the fuse holder. Coming out of the fuse holder it is listed as 80 which according to the schematic is black with no tracer. The black goes into the playmeter (or whatever Bally called the Playmeter) and out of the playmeter where I lose it. It also splits off before it goes into the playmeter and I lose that portion of the black wiring as well. According to the schematic it then goes on to the delay relay. I am unfamiliar with the delay relay. I looked at pinwiki. As I understand the delay relay it is a relay that is controlled by heavy slam tilt switches throughout the game. If someone heavily slams a game one of the small swinging weights on a leaf switch is normally open but the heavy tilt slam switches one closed which activates the normally open lock-in switch delay switch. When the relay is energized, the lock-in switch closes and the lamp lights. When the lamp filament heats up and the lamp flashes off for the first time, the open circuit releases the relay. If there is no #455 flasher on this circuit this will not work correctly causing me to have issues with this game. I did check the open-lock relay switch for a 455 bulb. There was a bulb in the socket. I am testing the continuity from the fuse holder to the open-Lock relay switch at this moment and will report my findings.

I guess that I do not know how to test it. I assume that it is normally closed and then if it opens it should activate the 455 bulb and then activate the solenoid

Bally_1976_Freedom_Schematic_Diagram_continuous (1).pdfBally_1976_Freedom_Schematic_Diagram_continuous (1).pdf

#15 5 years ago

I found one of my issues. Originally one of the symptoms that I thought was causing the no start issue was the fact that when I turned the machine on I did not hear the click of the coin lock out mechanism and solenoid activating. Whenever I put a coin in it was immediately diverted to the coin return slot. I could manually hold the coin mechanism in and put a quarter in and it would add credit to the machine. I thought that maybe the startup issue and the coin lock out mechanism may have been related. While I was working my way from the power supply transformer to the fuse holder to the delay relay switch I noticed that the leaf switch on position 1-J on the Score motor unit was bent ridiculously out of position. It was clearly a no brainer I don't know why I did not catch it before. It was literally bent at a right angle away from the motor reels. With the machine on I took a piece of wood and pressed it down to the point that the leaf switch made contact and the coin lock out mechanism engaged. So now the coin unit works. Freedom still will not start a game with the press of the credit button. Part of me wonders if the motor is out of position and if I put it back in position The whole machine may possibly work. The current criteria that may tell me where to look are as follows.

1. Game over is lit
2. Credit reel has 7 on it but the number is slightly between the 6 and the 7 which makes me wonder if I need to check that and clean the contact to see if that the issue.
3. The points reels all have been reset to 0 but I do wonder if I should put points on all of them to see if I get them to reset and a game becomes an option.
4. I dont know if the ball is sitting in the lower playfield ball tray or if it fell out into the bottom of the machine when I was working on the motor unit. I will look at that to see where it is.

Looking at the schematic again all of these may be issues after I get the credit button to work but they would present a problem after the credit button is pushed and the machine is activated.

I am going to continue down the path of the schematic to see if I can find the startup issue.

#16 5 years ago

I had solved the coin lockout issue. On the scoring motor position one switch 1- j was not getting contact. I tightened the screws contact screw first then second screw. Then I repositioned the leaf switch So that there was connection. At that point the more games available light on the "bowtie" or "apron" as I have heard it called was still not lighting. There was nothing going on when I turned the game on other than coin lockout solenoid activation. A friend of mine told me to reseat the plug connectors so I did that. I turned the machine on and it acts like it is endlessly resetting. All of the scoring reels went to zero except the thousand reel in player 1. I am assuming that there is a zero position switch issue with that reel or is it more likely that what controls the wheel has issues.
I moved it to zero to see if it would progress to starting a game. It didnt seem to go forward at all. The main scoring motor now runs non stop when i turn the game on. There is a motor unit that hangs off the underside of the playfuueld tha t keeps turning. I am assuming that that unit is the bonus unit ? Maybe it us the unit that moves the random arrow in the middle of the playfield? Ironically the coin door lockout has stopped working. While I was reseating the connectors, I noticed that the coil for the top unit of the three pop numbers looked like it had been in a small brush fire. I took out my multimeter and tested it. There was no resistance. I pulled the coil and assembly. I ordered another 27-1300 replacement coil. I put electrical tape over the hanging connected wires from the pop bumpers. I am assuming that i can continue to test and repair while I wait for my replacement coil.

At times during the reset the game over light is on and the players light in the lower left hand corner of the backbox seems to indicate that three players are playing. The light over player one is lit. At some points during the reset process game over light goes off. The credit reel had 5 credits on it but now it has decremented itself to the point that it has zero.

Any thoughts on where to look next ?
Do I continue to look for the lockout issue?
Do I put all the scoring reels on random non zero numbers and make note of the reels thsst don't reset?
Do I return to watching it reset and see if i can get any clues as to why it doesn't seem to be resetting ?

#17 5 years ago

I am out of the practice of using a schematic to troubleshoot pinballs so I will give too much detail here because It helps me to think through the issue.

If your goal for your forum posts is to think through the issue, then hopefully that's working. If you'd like my help, edit your posts down to something that'll take less effort for me to read. Otherwise somebody who's willing to work harder than I am will probably help you.

To each his own!

#18 5 years ago

Gotcha
1. Coin lockout issue solved by adjusting the motor leaf switch 1-j.
2. Friend told me to reseat the plugs which I did. Coin lockout switch stopped working and now the game resets endlessly with the motor running nonstop. Reel underneath the playfield runs constantly also. Score reels all reset except the thousands unit on player one. So does that tell me that its Zero position switch is dirty or needs adjustment?
3. More games light on the apron is never lit does that tell me that there is an issue in the credits reel? I will replace the bulb now to see if a bulb is the issue.
4. Found burned out pop bumper coil. Pulled it and am waiting for a replacement.

Where do I do from here?
1. Do I continue to look for the lockout issue?
2. Do I put all the scoring reels on random non zero numbers and make note of the reels that don't reset?
3. Do I return to watching it reset and see if i can get any clues as to why it doesn't seem to be resetting ?

#19 5 years ago

I turned the machine on and it acts like it is endlessly resetting. All of the scoring reels went to zero except the thousand reel in player 1. I am assuming that there is a zero position switch issue with that reel or is it more likely that what controls the wheel has issues.
I moved it to zero to see if it would progress to starting a game. It didnt seem to go forward at all. The main scoring motor now runs non stop when i turn the game on.

I think this is where you want to start. If that reel won't reset by itself, you won't get a game to start. Even putting it at zero doesn't mean anything if the switch contacts are not correct when the reel is at zero. That would cause the motor to run non-stop because the game isn't reset. Check the contacts and positions with another thousands reel.

#20 5 years ago

Ok checking the reel now.

#21 5 years ago

I set all the reels to random numbers. I turned the machine on they all reset to 0 no issues. The scoring motor and an additional unit inside the main body continued to cycle until I turned the game off. Not sure if this is relevant but Numbers on the lower left hand part of the back-box went from 1 to 4 after the reels reset.

#22 5 years ago

so I am back to
Where do I do from here?
1. Do I continue to look for the lockout issue?
2. Do I return to watching it reset and see if i can get any clues as to why it doesn't seem to be resetting ?

#23 5 years ago

The manual should have the start sequence spelled out.

#24 5 years ago

If you don't have a manual I can post some pages from mine.

#25 5 years ago

No need to read the Bally Start -up sequence. I am just posting it for reference.

1. When the machine is turned on the score reels reset to zero. Step #4 in sequence.
2. The total play meter is advancing one game per rotation of the score motor. Step#5.
3. I do not see the ball count being zeroed. I thought that maybe the more games light at the bottom of the playfield may be burned out so I replaced it and there is no change.

The credit value in the center of the play-field is stuck at 500.

Bally Start up sequence
1. Coin is inserted into the game. The coin relay will energize. It will stay energized through its own hold-in switch and a score motor switch. If the credit button is pressed (instead of a coin being inserted) and there are credits, the credit relay will be energized which energizes the coin relay.
2. The coin relay will energize the lock relay (this turns the general illumination on). The lock relay will stay energized through its own hold-in switch and a delay relay switch.
3. The coin relay will energize the reset relay, through a game over relay switch (if your game won't start, try cleaning the contacts on the game over relay; a very common Bally problem).
4. The score motor will operate. This will energize the score reset relay(s). The score reset relay(s) will attempt to clear the score reels to zero. This is done by operating the score motor. Each turn of the score motor will operate the reset relay once, which in turns moves a score reel one position, until the score reel(s) are at zero. If the score motor continues to run when a game is started, there's a good chance the zero position switch on the score reel(s) is dirty or mis-adjusted.
5. The coin relay, through the score motor, will advance the total play meter.
6. The reset relay, through the score motor, will reset the stepper units (zero the ball count and player units).
7. The coin relay, through the score motor, will decrement the credit unit.
8. The coin relay, through the score motor, will energize the game over latch relay coil.
9. The coin relay, through the score motor, will energize the 100,000 relay latch coil(s) (if the game supports scores greater than 99,999).
10. If the outhole switch is closed (single ball games) or the ball trough switches are closed (multi-ball games), a ball is released to the shooter lane through the outhole relay (single ball game) or ball release relay (multi-ball game) and the score motor.
11. On multi-player games, the credit button may be pushed again to add a player. This time the coin relay will not energize the reset relay. Instead it will (through the score motor) advance the total play meter, decrement the credit unit, and advance the coin unit.

#26 5 years ago

I will look for my manual in the machine. If you post the startup sequence that would be great because I don't think that I have a manual for this machine.

#27 5 years ago

I looked in my machine. I definitely do not have a manual for Freedom. I posted the startup sequence for a Bally Capers posted to Pinside for another user.

#28 5 years ago
IMAG1241_1.jpgIMAG1241_1.jpgIMAG1242.jpgIMAG1242.jpgIMAG1243.jpgIMAG1243.jpg
#30 5 years ago

I cleaned and adjusted the bonus stepper unit. It stopped trying to reset on machine turn on. Then after the bonus when I turned it on the coin stepper unit scoring motor and the stepper in front ran endlessly. I changed the settings on the first coin slot and the second coin slot. Now the machine resets. I get the game over light. The credit button is still not working. The coin door solenoid is not activated. When I press the coin shut switch the credit reel advances.

#31 5 years ago

The credit button is still not working

If the Credit button doesn't activate the Credit relay, inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

#32 5 years ago

Thanks especially for the link to section I of clays em pinrepair. I had been using alligator clips with a light to see if i had continuity. It makes a lot more sense to just jumper over a switch to see if that switch is the issue.

3 weeks later
#33 5 years ago

Tonight I was checking for continuity. I noticed that the two of the plugs on the coin chute settings were not seated properly. I reseated them. I replaced a burned out solenoid coil on a pop bumper. I removed the spider from the player up unit in the backbox and cleaned the contacts and reseated it. I turned it on and the game reset and kicked the ball out into the plunger lane. I played 2 balls. The main issue issue was that the coin step unit ran continuously while I was playing as well as I think that the motor ran continuously also.

#34 5 years ago

Is my issue with the stepper unit running that I need to pull the spider off and clean it and put Teflon grease on the contactscafter I clean or is it coming from the motor or somewhere else?

#35 5 years ago

Im guessing that the coin stepper unit is not making contact so it keeps resetting so if i pull thevspiderband clean it I will get contact and problem will be possibly solved and onto the next problem.

#36 5 years ago

the coin step unit ran continuously

If the Coin Unit reset solenoid keeps firing, what's the Reset relay doing?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I will look tomorrow. The leaf switch in the coin unit had worked it's way around to the wrong side of the brass pin. I moved it to the correct side but it's still firing.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I just went and checked it. The reset relay is doing nothing when it is doing all the resetting.

Not sure if this is germane to the issue. I get the repetitive firing of the coin unit when on chute 2 plug setting is in 2 or 3 but not one. If I follow the wires from 2 and three isn't it going to lead me to the issue causing the motor to run and the coin stepper to continually fire?

The coil on the relay labeled lock is almost so brown it looks like it was in a fire. Could it be dead ?

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

I just went and checked it. The reset relay is doing nothing

If the Coin Unit reset solenoid is firing and the Reset relay isn't, one of these 2 switches is likely stuck closed.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If the Coin Unit reset solenoid is firing and the Reset relay isn't, one of these 2 switches is likely stuck closed.
[quoted image]

Thanks. I will look at it now. Does it matter that the coin unit is not actually resetting but it increments the number of players playing 1,2,3,4 and then just keeps trying to increment beyond 4?

#41 5 years ago

Does it matter that the coin unit is not actually resetting but it increments the number of players playing 1,2,3,4 and then just keeps trying to increment beyond 4?

Yes. If the Coin Unit StepUp solenoid keeps firing, what are the Coin relay and Credit relay doing?

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Yes. If the Coin Unit StepUp solenoid keeps firing, what are the Coin relay and Credit relay doing?
[quoted image]

coin relay pulls in when the game is turned on and the score motor and stepper unit are running (incrementing). The credit unit does not pull in.

#43 5 years ago

It seems like every time I bump or change the chute adjustments for the first and second chute adjustments 2 coin 3play and coin credit adjustment. Is there a specific way that these need to be set ?

20190208_224736 (resized).jpg20190208_224736 (resized).jpg20190208_224741 (resized).jpg20190208_224741 (resized).jpg
#44 5 years ago

Any idea what these are ? The plastic nubs coming off of the side of the board holding the solenoids.

20190208_224747 (resized).jpg20190208_224747 (resized).jpg
#45 5 years ago

coin relay pulls in when the game is turned on and the score motor and stepper unit are running (incrementing). The credit unit does not pull in.

I am going to look st the coin switch on the first and secind chute. Im betting that it is closed and not opening when the quarter passes through.

#46 5 years ago

They appear to be functioning the same. Both have a constant connection between the white red wire and the yellow wire. When the switch on both is activated there is a momentary connection between red white yellow and white blue so I think that they work.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

I'm trying to figure out why the coin unit continues to add players and the score motor unit keeps running. I looked at score motor cam 1 and almost every leaf switch on that position is improperly making contact. I will look at it tomorrow.

One thing that might be a clue as to what is going wrong is the fact that when I turn it on, it kicks the ball out to plunger. Continues to increment coin unit, score motor continues. When the first ball is over it goes into the out hole which triggers a reset of the game. All the reels reset to zero, the doing unit increments players from 1 to 4and continues. Score motor runs again and the first ball is kicked out into the plunger channel.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

After the first ball is done logically it seems to me that it should register the end of the first ball for player one. Then the player unit should move to player 2 ball one. Instead of doing that it resets to player one ball one. Is the player up unit triggering something that resets the machine rather than moving player up to number 2?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

The answer to my question might be in your 7 posts since I asked it, but I can't easily find it.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The answer to my question might be in your 7 posts since I asked it, but I can't easily find it.

Sure I will look and repost it. Sorry for all the questions and responses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/working-on-a-bally-1976-freedom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.