You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo (5) - Copy-242.JPG
IMG_0776.JPG
WOZ high score.JPG
photo (1).JPG
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I'm sure others have scored higher, but I just posted a score of 366,600.

I was able to stack Lights On 2x scoring with castle and monkey multiball. Seemed like I had the multiballs going for a few minutes.

Anyhow, I just felt like sharing and patting myself on the back. That score is by far the highest score I've had.

#2 10 years ago

Congrats, it's definitely a tough game to score high on!

I've had a handful of scores in the 300,000-500,000 range, and last week I had a monster of a game where I got 700,000. I don't see myself getting another one like that anytime soon, though.

#3 10 years ago

I want that 1,000,000 score so bad but, it is tough. I am only up to 300,000 ish I think. Factory settings.

#4 10 years ago

How are you guys getting those really good scores? Any strategy that seems to do better?

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

How are you guys getting those really good scores? Any strategy that seems to do better?

Stack a crystal ball mode with EC mb and/or rescue mb.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

Quoted from Newsom:

Stack a crystal ball mode with EC mb and/or rescue mb.

Yep, stack as much stuff as you can.

#7 10 years ago

Yes....stack, stack, stack.......I can't seem to break into the 600k range yet, though......between 200-400 is my norm ( most on the low end of that!!!).....Congrats on the score!!!...mark

#8 10 years ago

Castle and monkey multiball are two different things? Aren't they both the Rescue multiball?

#9 10 years ago

I've got my BALL and Rescue MB set to extra hard and I've got a high of 240,000. I really try to get a munchkin mode at the start of ECMB and that seem to pay off pretty well but also get some decent points out of Fireball Frenzy.

#10 10 years ago

I can't tell if FF ides helping my scoring or not....I just like smashing the witch....rescue mb pretty unforgiving for me if that's the only one going....have yet to complete, as it turns off after 1 drain ( think mine is only on medium)...definitely agree w munchkin modes, though.....if you can get one of those w ecmb rolling......ahhh...the points....mark

#11 10 years ago

For full disclosure, I do have some pretty generous extra ball settings but otherwise I'm stock. I've been that way pretty much since I got my pin, so for me it is basically "normal".

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

For full disclosure, I do have some pretty generous extra ball settings but otherwise I'm stock. I've been that way pretty much since I got my pin, so for me it is basically "normal".

I allow one extra ball but that's just because there is no way to turn it off right now. Ill allow it once you can win one and it is not just a random award. Hate random extra balls.

#13 10 years ago

Damn I want to play a Woz...

#14 10 years ago

That's the same number of points I hope we score against Vandy this Saturday. I'll be in Neyland. Congrats on the score. I've played WOZ a few times and love it. Hope to pick one up in 2015. Go Vols!

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Damn I want to play a Woz...

Come to Richmond

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've got my BALL and Rescue MB set to extra hard and I've got a high of 240,000. I really try to get a munchkin mode at the start of ECMB and that seem to pay off pretty well but also get some decent points out of Fireball Frenzy.

What do the extra hard settings do?

#17 10 years ago

Should I share my high score? Broke 600k on the first two balls, then realized it had 4 EBs set after we had some visitors to the office. With the 4 EBs, I broke a million, but I hardly think that counts. Keith beats me every time, if that makes anyone feel better.

#18 10 years ago

Nope. You probably shouldn't have shared that.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

What do the extra hard settings do?

For RESCUE you have to hit the specific letter from what I can tell opposed to just doing the search loop which is way too easy IMO. On the crystal ball I believe you have to hit each letter 2-3 times. On the CB I am a little torn as the modes are there to make playing more difficult so making getting those modes harder may make the game easier.

I had my game set to hard or extra hard in the settings but I don't think those presets are functioning at this point.

I think my Munchkin loops are factory so 10,15,30 maybe. I'll have to check.

What do you think about having it extra hard to start CB modes?

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Should I share my high score? Broke 600k on the first two balls, then realized it had 4 EBs set after we had some visitors to the office. With the 4 EBs, I broke a million, but I hardly think that counts. Keith beats me every time, if that makes anyone feel better.

Do you guys have it set to the 5 1/2% pitch as recommended by JJP.

#22 10 years ago

I'm at 6.5 as recommended by Lloyd. Since I think the Wizard was actually fashioned after him, I'm going with what he says.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Castle and monkey multiball are two different things? Aren't they both the Rescue multiball?

I meant the Rescue and ECMB.

#24 10 years ago

Hogbog.....that was just wrong.......1 million seems like a million plays away for me.. .....but I will keep trying....awesome game!!! Might have to take the glass off and "verify all the scoring works"....na...

Btw, I run mine @ 6.5 degrees....works great....mark

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do you guys have it set to the 5 1/2% pitch as recommended by JJP.

I am at that pitch and it plays smooth as butter to me, might experiment up a bit......

No stack, no score.......I always set up the Rescue MB first and then when that triggers hit the ECMB on third lock, easy to start from rescue trail.......

Freaking flipper frenzy kills me every time...

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I am at that pitch and it plays smooth as butter to me, might experiment up a bit......
No stack, no score.......I always set up the Rescue MB first and then when that triggers hit the ECMB on third lock, easy to start from rescue trail.......
Freaking flipper frenzy kills me every time...

True, true....I understand it, so why can't I beat it ( practice, practice, practice)....

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

For RESCUE you have to hit the specific letter from what I can tell opposed to just doing the search loop which is way too easy IMO. On the crystal ball I believe you have to hit each letter 2-3 times. On the CB I am a little torn as the modes are there to make playing more difficult so making getting those modes harder may make the game easier.

I don't think that it will make it easier to score points with the CB set to extra hard.

1 week later
#28 10 years ago

First off nice score. Now to derail your thread

I play a couple of games every night but am really just terrible at it. I score around 60k-70k on a good game.
My nephew comes over to play for the first time and on his second game he score over 100k. I wasn't watching him that close but his game was quick and no multiball.

My strategy has always been to try and get the multiballs going. Apparently that is not the best strategy. What is everyone else doing to get the higher scores?

#29 10 years ago

Very simply, get a munchkinland mode, then hit EC multiball, and if you can add a crystal ball multi. When your extra balls drain and you look up, even after about 30 seconds, you'll have scored at least 300,000...I guarantee it. Stacking, stacking, stacking - especially with munchkinland modes!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm at 6.5 as recommended by Lloyd. Since I think the Wizard was actually fashioned after him, I'm going with what he says.

The Wizard wasn't fashioned after LLoyd: He was the original Wizard in the movie. Just look at their pictures side by side.

#31 10 years ago

I got about 450,000 on my first game at Dayhuff's party with only one free ball. It helped that I had a friend telling me what to shoot at, because I had no idea what strategy to use. After that first game, he wouldn't help me any more and I couldn't get over 100.000.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

My strategy has always been to try and get the multiballs going. Apparently that is not the best strategy. What is everyone else doing to get the higher scores?

Crystal Ball is straight up 2x scoring (3x if you get Flipper Frenzy). Start that before any multiball, or during a multiball (because Keith is cool and lets you do that), and you're golden.

Fireball Frenzy Jackpots are based on how fast you took out the Witch during her hurry up modes. Try to get her quick when she pops up.

HOADC is worth it, if you plan it out right. Same color, or all different colors are where the big points are.

Munchkin Multiball is huge points as well, if you can earn it.

Rescue Multiball pays off well too if you can get the jackpots figured out. I don't want to ruin any surprises, hence the vagueness of most of this.

The list goes on, and there is more coming soon!

1 week later
#33 10 years ago

I know it's not as high as some other but after a month of playing,I was stoked to get my first high score #4 today of 208,165 on factory settings. I have been averaging around 90k for a few weeks now

#34 10 years ago

I finally did it! Over a million points

v1.24 default settings

photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPG

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I finally did it! Over a million points
v1.24 default settings

photo (1).JPG 190 KB

Ok....you officially suck......I ' m still living in the 3-5 hundred k range....3 balls?.......seriously.....awesome game....extremely envious....

#36 10 years ago

This is not a typical game for me

I had everything working at once crystal ball, rescue multiball, emerald city multiball, and fireball frenzy!

I also got to battle the witch but lost the ball right before making the final shot

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

This is not a typical game for me
I had everything working at once crystal ball, rescue multiball, emerald city multiball, and fireball frenzy!
I also got to battle the witch but lost the ball right before making the final shot

Freakin awesome!!....it seems I get on a roll, but then get caught up on where I'm at and get nailed before I can put it all together.....worried it's brain overload for me.......good to know it is attainable, however, and thanks for posting it....machine is truly a different animal.....my favorite easily......

#38 10 years ago

For an extra challenge, jumper over a bad RGB board, then try to figure out where the blue shots are in Fireball Frenzy. Or where the green shots are in Battle the Wicked Witch. For an added bonus, why not just blindfold yourself and try to make the pinpoint shots that way? That's pretty much what I'm doing now with my color scheme all messed up. Try breaking a million that way, then we can talk...

(Disclaimer: I've never broken a million. I'm just bitter and jealous. I suck even when the lights all work.)

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I got about 450,000 on my first game at Dayhuff's party with only one free ball. It helped that I had a friend telling me what to shoot at, because I had no idea what strategy to use. After that first game, he wouldn't help me any more and I couldn't get over 100.000.

That's one great friend you have Hlaj78. The next time you see that friend hand them a beer and say thanks

#40 10 years ago

Just to confirm the game was set to 3 balls but with the new YBR rewards I was able to get an extraball

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Just to confirm the game was set to 3 balls but with the new YBR rewards I was able to get an extraball

Seems my weakest link playwise right now is consistent Crystal Ball Modes......according to Eric, that's the big multiplier that helps the stacks get the points......I'm getting extra balls w 1.24 now (not sure why, but I'll take em).... really hung up on the witch stuff because it's so cool to watch on the screen while trying to keep track of the game.....obviously, my biggest (of many) playing challenges.

btw.......ANYONE getting TNPLH more than twice, ever?.....that alone should be worth a million points....got to the last f...g shot last night and drained it after what felt like an hour (probably 8 minutes) of fighting it.......killed me....

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Seems my weakest link playwise right now is consistent Crystal Ball Modes......according to Eric, that's the big multiplier that helps the stacks get the points......I'm getting extra balls w 1.24 now (not sure why, but I'll take em).... really hung up on the witch stuff because it's so cool to watch on the screen while trying to keep track of the game.....obviously, my biggest (of many) playing challenges.
btw.......ANYONE getting TNPLH more than twice, ever?.....that alone should be worth a million points....got to the last f...g shot last night and drained it after what felt like an hour (probably 8 minutes) of fighting it.......killed me....

I did it twice and drained before the final shot once as well. Not sure if you noticed, but if you got that far, you also scored (most likely) between 30,000 and 40,000 points. Not bad for a ball that other games would have just let you drain with a second chance.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I did it twice and drained before the final shot once as well. Not sure if you noticed, but if you got that far, you also scored (most likely) between 30,000 and 40,000 points. Not bad for a ball that other games would have just let you drain with a second chance.

didn't really catch the extra points awarded.......too busy cursing and stomping around the room (ha)...it is, however, the ultimate "love/hate" feature of any game (IMO)and I want it to stay in place forever, gameplay-wise. Really, really takes you out of your gameplay mindset, mandates a very difficult/ different instant strategy, and unforgiving (because you forgot where you were with the game previously)......who could ask for more !!!!!!!!!

whew, is all that can be said.....I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets that sinking feeling when all those lights go white....

#44 10 years ago

I finally got on the board with 277,887.

I have all my settings at least hard allowing one EB and no ball save. Had a great second ball in which I started and may have completed ECMB. I had everything lit for BTW but my RESCUE is so hard to get going due to the difficulty setting. I may have to bring that down a notch. 1.24 is pretty incredible. Really looking forward to see what the code becomes when it is in it's tweaking stage.

clap clap clap clap

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I finally got on the board with 277,887.

Congratulations

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

Congratulations

Thanks. i'm getting more into a groove with the game. Might have to make CB a little easier as well as RESCUE as they are nearly impossible to get without a little help from Glinda.

#47 10 years ago

would it be a sin to move the rubber in on TNPLH left drain? I want to beat the machine legitimately, but man, that side can be a drain monster.....

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

would it be a sin to move the rubber in on TNPLH left drain? I want to beat the machine legitimately, but man, that side can be a drain monster.....

go ahead its your game

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

less of a sin than having EBs awarded for score thresholds IMO.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

less of a sin than having EBs awarded for score thresholds IMO.

All the justification i needed...moving it tomorrow ......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woot-nice-woz-score-for-me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.