(Topic ID: 186192)

Wrath of Olympus, who would be in to buy?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in to buy Wooly if it was built this year or available for preorder?”

• Yes, count me!!! 36 votes
    40%
  • No, I already put my money down on another one but I like it 8 votes
    9%
  • No, it does nothing for me 26 votes
    29%
  • Maybe, I need to try it before in a festival 19 votes
    21%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170417_105919 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

I am in!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i guess you love it...to buy another one
some videos are amazing! color dmd, the light show and the soundtrack are great! i need to play it again to see how the code has been improved since one or 2 years (i can't remember when i played it)
really good job Frank and Scott!

I do love it.
I would be happy to buy another just to support the cause and so the game could make it out for others to play. It really is that good.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

you mean you need to update hardware (RGB, color dmd) in the same time you update software?

correct. I have no choice but to update my hardware so I can then update my software.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

it does not make sense for Frank to support a completely different code set for one game that is not at the current build state

just to be clear. I did not mean to infer other. I dont expect Frank to maintain 2 code states.
I just need to find the time in install the RGB GI; I am the issue, not Frank.

Quoted from T-800:

current software allows for the RGB GI to be set to a single color so that people that have issues with the color changing can play the game in it's original released state.

I had no idea this was an option. sweet!

#25 7 years ago

I have been repeatedly offered ever increasing amounts for my WOOLY (NFS), so I know there is a contingent of high end and rare collectors that are on board.

Last offer was so damn much I asked the guy to stop sending me offers. I dont like owning a single material possession worth so much that it makes me think of it as a collectible rather than a pinball machine.

I hope team RIOT are able to get this game to life in a production environment!

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have to ask, how much was the offer?

More than a Big Bang Bar
Less than a King King

Enough that I dont like to think about that.

Quoted from lordloss:

Have the wooley creators make another. Sell for $20k and use that to lower production tooling costs and give the project more potential

I think It is a great idea for team Riot to make another small run and sell them for top dollar to highest bidders. They can do whatever they want with the funds, but would be awesome if it helped them get to a full production run. I get the impression they are more interested in finding a viable manufacturer to do a full build and not interested in small runs. What was done before was a great proof of concept to show it can be done and that the game is designed so well that a few pinheads, in a basement, with a bit of beer and a whole lot of crazy can make it happen in a week!

side note: they would easily sell for more than 20k given the deep pockets and offers that each owner has likely gotten for their machine already.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think it's been at Expo a couple of years in a row so it has been around.

Yes, it was also at Mad Rollin Pinball a few years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wooly-who-is-in?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.