(Topic ID: 186192)

Wrath of Olympus, who would be in to buy?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in to buy Wooly if it was built this year or available for preorder?”

• Yes, count me!!! 36 votes
    40%
  • No, I already put my money down on another one but I like it 8 votes
    9%
  • No, it does nothing for me 26 votes
    29%
  • Maybe, I need to try it before in a festival 19 votes
    21%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170417_105919 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 7 years ago

Sure, here is one

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

is there a video with RGB lights?

#21 7 years ago

We have a 2.1 sound system installed in the game. AMP connected to headphone jack of our single board computer located in the backbox. No additional headphone jack but you could plug in headphones in place of the speaker system.

Awesome!
sound is great too. what is the hardware of this part? is there headphone plug?

#34 7 years ago

There are 6 games right now. 5 are in the USA and 1 is in France.

Quoted from BillySastard:

How many are there right now?
Would someone be willing to pay top dollar now, knowing that more will be produced later? I'm sure the people that made the high offers thought that more will never be made.

#37 7 years ago

There is a thread that chronicles the past 3.5 years of the project. It shows when the prototypes were built and the week in 2015 when 3 guys built 4 games. Here is the link to the week when the last 4 games were built.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/25#post-2594548

Quick answer: you can't build the game yourself, there is no kit. There were 6 games made (4 by scott and 2 by other owners with Scott). This was to prove the game is production capable and reproducibile and 2 owners were given the opportunity to built their own games with the designers help. All 6 games are basically identical except for the one fellow that didn't install the RGB GI and colordmd yet

I'm impressed.
What do you exactly mean?
Is it possible to built it yourself?
I used to do some playfield swap and I like to do it.
I guess building his own machine must be the step higher.
Basically, how do you receive the machine, what do you need to do yourself?

#43 7 years ago

It's not possible to build yourself. The game is unavailable for purchase at this time. If we find a contract manufacturer and work out an agreement the game will be built like any other game. No news at this time, but we are trying.

You mean you need to do all solders, all connectors, install each wire etc...is it inthis way you mean it is not possible to build it oneself?

#44 7 years ago

Game was shown and played by the public:
10/2013 - Chicago Expo (proto 1)
5/2014 - Allentown Show (proto 2)
10/2014 - Chicago Expo (proto 3)
9/2015(?) - Mad Rollin (pre-production)
10/2015 - Chicago Expo (pre-production)

Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think it's been at Expo a couple of years in a row so it has been around.

#46 7 years ago

No. Scott originally designed the game in VP but when he decided to build it, it was redesigned and I programmed it from scratch in another framework with DMD instead of alphanumeric displays. All original artwork was created for the animations and a soundtrack from 2steps from hell was added, new toys, new ramps, new lighting, all new rules. The basic idea of the game is the same, Battle monsters and gods and try to gain immortality. You can get a feel for some of the shots with the VP table but it's different.

Quoted from Phbooms:

is this the same game on VP?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wooly-who-is-in?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.