(Topic ID: 186192)

Wrath of Olympus, who would be in to buy?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in to buy Wooly if it was built this year or available for preorder?”

• Yes, count me!!! 36 votes
    40%
  • No, I already put my money down on another one but I like it 8 votes
    9%
  • No, it does nothing for me 26 votes
    29%
  • Maybe, I need to try it before in a festival 19 votes
    21%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170417_105919 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi there,
I know many new pins are coming and it is great to have the choice.
But finally, the pin I would like to own currently is Wooly.
I was just wondering who would be in?

#2 7 years ago

Is it era of licenced games?
Come on, expresses yourself.

#6 7 years ago

i guess you love it...to buy another one

some videos are amazing! color dmd, the light show and the soundtrack are great! i need to play it again to see how the code has been improved since one or 2 years (i can't remember when i played it)

really good job Frank and Scott!

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do love it. That said, my personal game is dead until I update to RGB and the colorDMD so I can update my code again. I held out as long as I could since I dont care for the color GI stuff, but code now only supports that (understandably) and my last code update causes call out lag issues. I would be happy to buy another just to support the cause and so the game could make it out for others to play. It really is that good.

you mean you need to update hardware (RGB, color dmd) in the same time you update software?
i will ask Jean-louis if he updates his with rgb and colordmd. i believe he does.

anyway, i proposed this thread without thinking about if it could help or not to come into production. i don't know which conditions are required for this but i guess the more potential buyers exist the more this is an asset.

#11 7 years ago

this game will be factory built with RGB, for sure.

Scott, is it possible to remind us (me in particular! ) what are the steps to come into production? you need a preorder list, a manufacturer to built etc...?

thanks

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Great question. As of right now we are shopping around the IP to find an interested party with the capability and ethical business practices to get the game built. Most manufacturers right now appear to have a lot on their plate; but we keep trying.

do you need a minimal potential buyers number to interest a manufacturer?

#17 7 years ago

is there a video with RGB lights?

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sure, here is one
» YouTube video

Awesome!

sound is great too. what is the hardware of this part? is there headphone plug?

#22 7 years ago

so i opened this thread 2 days ago.
22 pinball fellows would be interested in buying this one.
11 others would like to try it before any decision.

is there an opportunity to try it in an US festival? we get this chance here thanks to Jean-Louis. i'm sure it will help to feed the potential buyers list

#26 7 years ago

If i remember well, the first spot were opened to 100 units.
Scott said they are looking for a manufacturer to built it. I don't know if this is a question of timing, number of preorders, financial contribution, technical issue...to come into production.
But I think people want now to try a pin before buying it and it would be a real asset if the pin was visible in festivals to convince potential buyers and manufacturer.
I wish them the best.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I bet they would get 100 preorders now easily, certainly if they had the same price as last time (seems like a bargain price for a full feature machine like this one).

If there was an official preorder list opened now i'm sure you are right.
Certainly the main issue is to find this manufacturer that gets the capacity to built them and not too much expensive in order to have a reasonable price for the customer and so the project be financially viable.

#35 7 years ago

Scott, frank, we are waiting for good news

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For the record, Hilton hand built his game along side me. !
-Scott

I'm impressed.
What do you exactly mean?
Is it possible to built it yourself?
I used to do some playfield swap and I like to do it.
I guess building his own machine must be the step higher.
Basically, how do you receive the machine, what do you need to do yourself?

#40 7 years ago

You mean you need to do all solders, all connectors, install each wire etc...is it inthis way you mean it is not possible to build it oneself?
I guess There is a specific set of parts and some common parts (Williams, stern?)

#48 7 years ago

have a look there
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-2017-pins-vote-for-your-fave

i don't know if we can compare but Wooly would be ahead pins like aersomith, houdini..

i think Wooly is a very attractive game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wooly-who-is-in?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.