(Topic ID: 186192)

Wrath of Olympus, who would be in to buy?

By colonel_caverne

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Who is in to buy Wooly if it was built this year or available for preorder?”

• Yes, count me!!! 36 votes
    40%
  • No, I already put my money down on another one but I like it 8 votes
    9%
  • No, it does nothing for me 26 votes
    29%
  • Maybe, I need to try it before in a festival 19 votes
    21%

(89 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170417_105919 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi there,
I know many new pins are coming and it is great to have the choice.
But finally, the pin I would like to own currently is Wooly.
I was just wondering who would be in?

#2 7 years ago

Is it era of licenced games?
Come on, expresses yourself.

#3 7 years ago

I am in!

#5 7 years ago

Yes me too

#6 7 years ago

i guess you love it...to buy another one

some videos are amazing! color dmd, the light show and the soundtrack are great! i need to play it again to see how the code has been improved since one or 2 years (i can't remember when i played it)

really good job Frank and Scott!

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

i guess you love it...to buy another one
some videos are amazing! color dmd, the light show and the soundtrack are great! i need to play it again to see how the code has been improved since one or 2 years (i can't remember when i played it)
really good job Frank and Scott!

I do love it.
I would be happy to buy another just to support the cause and so the game could make it out for others to play. It really is that good.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do love it. That said, my personal game is dead until I update to RGB and the colorDMD so I can update my code again. I held out as long as I could since I dont care for the color GI stuff, but code now only supports that (understandably) and my last code update causes call out lag issues. I would be happy to buy another just to support the cause and so the game could make it out for others to play. It really is that good.

you mean you need to update hardware (RGB, color dmd) in the same time you update software?
i will ask Jean-louis if he updates his with rgb and colordmd. i believe he does.

anyway, i proposed this thread without thinking about if it could help or not to come into production. i don't know which conditions are required for this but i guess the more potential buyers exist the more this is an asset.

#9 7 years ago

you mean you need to update hardware (RGB, color dmd) in the same time you update software?

correct. I have no choice but to update my hardware so I can then update my software.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I do love it. That said, my personal game is dead until I update to RGB and the colorDMD so I can update my code again. I held out as long as I could since I dont care for the color GI stuff, but code now only supports that (understandably) and my last code update causes call out lag issues. I would be happy to buy another just to support the cause and so the game could make it out for others to play. It really is that good.

Thanks for your support Hilton. I'm glad to hear you like the game enough to warrant another build.

For the record, Hilton hand built his game along side me. At the time, RGB GI was not part of our pre-production design. Since then Frank Gigliotti has been working hard at coming up with enhancements, both software and hardware related to make the game even better and more attractive to people.

Since the pre-production games have been built there were many software updates prior to any hardware updates. These updates fine tuned the code and added polish to the game. Hilton's game is the only game out of many that has not been upgraded to RGB GI. Considering this game is no longer in pre-production and when built was effectively "complete," it does not make sense for Frank to support a completely different code set for one game that is not at the current build state. Also, please keep in mind that the current software allows for the RGB GI to be set to a single color so that people that have issues with the color changing can play the game in it's original released state.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me. Big thanks to all who supported and continue to support WOOLY!

-Scott

#11 7 years ago

this game will be factory built with RGB, for sure.

Scott, is it possible to remind us (me in particular! ) what are the steps to come into production? you need a preorder list, a manufacturer to built etc...?

thanks

#12 7 years ago

T-800 Scott, I have never bit the bullet and bought NIB yet...but if WOOLY ever makes it to production (and the cost isn't INSANE), I will! Your work on this project is astounding!

#13 7 years ago

this game will be factory built with RGB, for sure.
Scott, is it possible to remind us (me in particular! ) what are the steps to come into production? you need a preorder list, a manufacturer to built etc...?
thanks

Great question. As of right now we are shopping around the IP to find an interested party with the capability and ethical business practices to get the game built. Most manufacturers right now appear to have a lot on their plate; but we keep trying.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

the capability and ethical business practices

Thank you for acknowledging the need for BOTH!

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Great question. As of right now we are shopping around the IP to find an interested party with the capability and ethical business practices to get the game built. Most manufacturers right now appear to have a lot on their plate; but we keep trying.

do you need a minimal potential buyers number to interest a manufacturer?

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

it does not make sense for Frank to support a completely different code set for one game that is not at the current build state

just to be clear. I did not mean to infer other. I dont expect Frank to maintain 2 code states.
I just need to find the time in install the RGB GI; I am the issue, not Frank.

Quoted from T-800:

current software allows for the RGB GI to be set to a single color so that people that have issues with the color changing can play the game in it's original released state.

I had no idea this was an option. sweet!

#17 7 years ago

is there a video with RGB lights?

#18 7 years ago

Sure, here is one

is there a video with RGB lights?

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just to be clear, I am the issue

it is about time you admitted to this. so proud of you for your break through

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Sure, here is one
» YouTube video

Awesome!

sound is great too. what is the hardware of this part? is there headphone plug?

#21 7 years ago

We have a 2.1 sound system installed in the game. AMP connected to headphone jack of our single board computer located in the backbox. No additional headphone jack but you could plug in headphones in place of the speaker system.

Awesome!
sound is great too. what is the hardware of this part? is there headphone plug?

#22 7 years ago

so i opened this thread 2 days ago.
22 pinball fellows would be interested in buying this one.
11 others would like to try it before any decision.

is there an opportunity to try it in an US festival? we get this chance here thanks to Jean-Louis. i'm sure it will help to feed the potential buyers list

#23 7 years ago

Been on my wishlist for over a year.
So, i guess that makes me extremely interested!
I would buy one if not over 8k, with the color display.

#24 7 years ago

If priced reasonably (IE: not BM66 or DI pricing) I'm in!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#25 7 years ago

I have been repeatedly offered ever increasing amounts for my WOOLY (NFS), so I know there is a contingent of high end and rare collectors that are on board.

Last offer was so damn much I asked the guy to stop sending me offers. I dont like owning a single material possession worth so much that it makes me think of it as a collectible rather than a pinball machine.

I hope team RIOT are able to get this game to life in a production environment!

#26 7 years ago

If i remember well, the first spot were opened to 100 units.
Scott said they are looking for a manufacturer to built it. I don't know if this is a question of timing, number of preorders, financial contribution, technical issue...to come into production.
But I think people want now to try a pin before buying it and it would be a real asset if the pin was visible in festivals to convince potential buyers and manufacturer.
I wish them the best.

#27 7 years ago

I would probably be in on this as well. Frank and I worked on some lighting for this so I would love to see it produced. Frank was always changing code making the smallest things just a little better.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have been repeatedly offered ever increasing amounts for my WOOLY (NFS), so I know there is a contingent of high end and rare collectors that are on board.
Last offer was so damn much I asked the guy to stop sending me offers. I dont like owning a single material possession worth so much that it makes me think of it as a collectible rather than a pinball machine.
I hope team RIOT are able to get this game to life in a production environment!

Have the wooley creators make another. Sell for $20k and use that to lower production tooling costs and give the project more potential

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have to ask, how much was the offer?

#30 7 years ago

If i remember well, the first spot were opened to 100 units.

I bet they would get 100 preorders now easily, certainly if they had the same price as last time (seems like a bargain price for a full feature machine like this one).

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I bet they would get 100 preorders now easily, certainly if they had the same price as last time (seems like a bargain price for a full feature machine like this one).

If there was an official preorder list opened now i'm sure you are right.
Certainly the main issue is to find this manufacturer that gets the capacity to built them and not too much expensive in order to have a reasonable price for the customer and so the project be financially viable.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have to ask, how much was the offer?

More than a Big Bang Bar
Less than a King King

Enough that I dont like to think about that.

Quoted from lordloss:

Have the wooley creators make another. Sell for $20k and use that to lower production tooling costs and give the project more potential

I think It is a great idea for team Riot to make another small run and sell them for top dollar to highest bidders. They can do whatever they want with the funds, but would be awesome if it helped them get to a full production run. I get the impression they are more interested in finding a viable manufacturer to do a full build and not interested in small runs. What was done before was a great proof of concept to show it can be done and that the game is designed so well that a few pinheads, in a basement, with a bit of beer and a whole lot of crazy can make it happen in a week!

side note: they would easily sell for more than 20k given the deep pockets and offers that each owner has likely gotten for their machine already.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

side note: they would easily sell for more than 20k given the deep pockets and offers that each owner has likely gotten for their machine already.

How many are there right now?

Would someone be willing to pay top dollar now, knowing that more will be produced later? I'm sure the people that made the high offers thought that more will never be made.

#34 7 years ago

There are 6 games right now. 5 are in the USA and 1 is in France.

Quoted from BillySastard:

How many are there right now?
Would someone be willing to pay top dollar now, knowing that more will be produced later? I'm sure the people that made the high offers thought that more will never be made.

#35 7 years ago

Scott, frank, we are waiting for good news

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

For the record, Hilton hand built his game along side me. !
-Scott

I'm impressed.
What do you exactly mean?
Is it possible to built it yourself?
I used to do some playfield swap and I like to do it.
I guess building his own machine must be the step higher.
Basically, how do you receive the machine, what do you need to do yourself?

#37 7 years ago

There is a thread that chronicles the past 3.5 years of the project. It shows when the prototypes were built and the week in 2015 when 3 guys built 4 games. Here is the link to the week when the last 4 games were built.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wrath-of-olympus-original-custom-pinball-development/page/25#post-2594548

Quick answer: you can't build the game yourself, there is no kit. There were 6 games made (4 by scott and 2 by other owners with Scott). This was to prove the game is production capable and reproducibile and 2 owners were given the opportunity to built their own games with the designers help. All 6 games are basically identical except for the one fellow that didn't install the RGB GI and colordmd yet

I'm impressed.
What do you exactly mean?
Is it possible to built it yourself?
I used to do some playfield swap and I like to do it.
I guess building his own machine must be the step higher.
Basically, how do you receive the machine, what do you need to do yourself?

#39 7 years ago

Most have not even played it yet.
It makes sense to me to tour the game to the major shows first that it's yet to be at.
I presume Total Annihilation will make many shows before shipping.

#40 7 years ago

You mean you need to do all solders, all connectors, install each wire etc...is it inthis way you mean it is not possible to build it oneself?
I guess There is a specific set of parts and some common parts (Williams, stern?)

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Most have not even played it yet.
It makes sense to me to tour the game to the major shows first that it's yet to be at.
I presume Total Annihilation will make many shows before shipping.

I think it's been at Expo a couple of years in a row so it has been around.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Yes, it was also at Mad Rollin Pinball a few years ago

#43 7 years ago

It's not possible to build yourself. The game is unavailable for purchase at this time. If we find a contract manufacturer and work out an agreement the game will be built like any other game. No news at this time, but we are trying.

You mean you need to do all solders, all connectors, install each wire etc...is it inthis way you mean it is not possible to build it oneself?

#44 7 years ago

Game was shown and played by the public:
10/2013 - Chicago Expo (proto 1)
5/2014 - Allentown Show (proto 2)
10/2014 - Chicago Expo (proto 3)
9/2015(?) - Mad Rollin (pre-production)
10/2015 - Chicago Expo (pre-production)

Quoted from dmbjunky:

#45 7 years ago

is this the same game on VP?

20170417_105919 (resized).jpg20170417_105919 (resized).jpg

#46 7 years ago

No. Scott originally designed the game in VP but when he decided to build it, it was redesigned and I programmed it from scratch in another framework with DMD instead of alphanumeric displays. All original artwork was created for the animations and a soundtrack from 2steps from hell was added, new toys, new ramps, new lighting, all new rules. The basic idea of the game is the same, Battle monsters and gods and try to gain immortality. You can get a feel for some of the shots with the VP table but it's different.

Quoted from Phbooms:

is this the same game on VP?

#47 7 years ago

Someone please bring this to Ca PAGG!
4 weeks and counting!

#48 7 years ago

have a look there
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/too-many-2017-pins-vote-for-your-fave

i don't know if we can compare but Wooly would be ahead pins like aersomith, houdini..

i think Wooly is a very attractive game.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wooly-who-is-in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.