(Topic ID: 22487)

WOOHOO, Finally got There and Back Again!

By Frax

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by CaptainNeo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

in five ball.

/faceplant.

I wish there was a way to look at the DMD animations while you're making the shots, and that the timer froze when on the path of the dead like every other mode in the game.

#2 11 years ago

Have had the machine for some time now and have never made it, but most of the time I start by working on the movie multiballs.

#3 11 years ago

I play 3 ball. Haven't been there yet.

#4 11 years ago

So fill me in guys because I haven't gotten THAT deep into LOTR.

Question 1:
I know there is a wizard mode when you beat all three multiballs, beat every machine, and collect every gift of the elves. Is this There and Back Again or is this Valinor??

Question 2:
Is there a mini-wizard mode of sorts when you just activate all the ring missions? I had them all started once and then all the mission lights above the ring was flashing to shoot it and then of course I died

#5 11 years ago

Got there once, destroyed the ring several times. Sadly I drained on the first shot when I was supposed to hit the ring (in TABA)

#6 11 years ago

Made it there and back again quite a few times but yet to come close to Valinor and not sure I ever will get there. Although I refuse to do 5 ball, might have a chance if I ever did

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

So fill me in guys because I haven't gotten THAT deep into LOTR.
Question 1:
I know there is a wizard mode when you beat all three multiballs, beat every machine, and collect every gift of the elves. Is this There and Back Again or is this Valinor??
Question 2:
Is there a mini-wizard mode of sorts when you just activate all the ring missions? I had them all started once and then all the mission lights above the ring was flashing to shoot it and then of course I died

Destroy the ring is started by shooting the ring once all 3 mb's have been played, not completed.

There and Back Again is started after playing all of the ring modes, I don't believe completion is required there either.

I've destroyed the ring once, but have yet to see TABA.

Valinor is after you do everything, not sure of order. I guess it's LOTR's equivalent to TSPP's super duper wizard mode or whatever the hell it's called. Either way I'll never see either with the glass on.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

There and Back Again is started after playing all of the ring modes, I don't believe completion is required there either.

Perfect!!! That's what I thought!

I'll have to spend some quality time with LOTR when I get home!

#9 11 years ago

Valinor is probably out of the question for the average player, which sadly I fall in to this category.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

in five ball.
/faceplant.
I wish there was a way to look at the DMD animations while you're making the shots, and that the timer froze when on the path of the dead like every other mode in the game.

Great mode. Really cool music.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

You have to play all the ring modes and destroy the ring again (or at least made it through DTR mode twice), thus the term "there and back again".

#12 11 years ago

i'm a fair player, and got my LOTR on the 5th run. NEver seen valinor. Got 87% of the way there several times, but couldn't finish it.

You have to Get there and back again, Super jackpot on all 3 mulitballs. complete all the elf gifts, then destroy the ring. If you destroy the ring before that, you just have to destroy it again. to activate it. ROTK multiball is the one that usually screws me. I get everything else, and can't finish damn ROTK.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

You have to play all the ring modes and destroy the ring again (or at least made it through DTR mode twice), thus the term "there and back again".

Incorrect, at least on version 9 system roms.

Just activate and play every ring mode, get 3 elf rings to relight start mode, shoot the ring.

Now, I will say that I haven't even gotten CLOSE to doing this WITHOUT having started DTR at least once, but I can tell you that there is no way I finished it. I have only finished DTR once so far since I got it home, it's set on 2 ball and pretty dang hard. If it was 1 ball I would've completed it a lot more LOL. =\

If you can activate and complete all modes without starting DTR, you should be getting Valinor regularly, frankly. I have been finishing 5 ball games with 2-3 gifts collected, usually one is from a multiball completion.

#14 11 years ago

I have yet to get to TABA, been close a few times, got it lit once but drained (of course).

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just activate and play every ring mode, get 3 elf rings to relight start mode, shoot the ring.
Now, I will say that I haven't even gotten CLOSE to doing this WITHOUT having started DTR at least once, but I can tell you that there is no way I finished it. I have only finished DTR once so far since I got it home, it's set on 2 ball and pretty dang hard. If it was 1 ball I would've completed it a lot more LOL. =\
If you can activate and complete all modes without starting DTR, you should be getting Valinor regularly, frankly. I have been finishing 5 ball games with 2-3 gifts collected, usually one is from a multiball completion.

For valinor? You need all the elf gifts, all 3 multiballs completed. There and back again at least started once. And DTR. or you talking about just starting TABA? I've finished TABA couple of times, gives you nice bonus points, nothing fantastic. It was more exciting finishing Fellowship multiball. Which always gives me a rush.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Hmmm...I've only started TABA 2 times in 18 months so, my memory may be a little off but, I am almost positive that I had to go through the DTR mode again to start TABA. I will have to take note next time I get there, hopefully soon.

#17 11 years ago

TABA music is worth it alone.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For valinor? You need all the elf gifts, all 3 multiballs completed. There and back again at least started once. And DTR. or you talking about just starting TABA? I've finished TABA couple of times, gives you nice bonus points, nothing fantastic. It was more exciting finishing Fellowship multiball. Which always gives me a rush.

No. I'm saying that if you're skilled enough to finish and complete all the ring modes PRIOR to starting DTR, you should be easily skilled enough to get *to* Valinor.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

TABA music is worth it alone.

i still have never heard this mythical music....

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It's basically a loop of the shire music from the early part of the first movie when Gandalf is riding into the Shire. Kinda happy, bubbly violin stuff. I keep wanting it to advance and play more of the song, but it's a fairly short clip. You get a nice crisp "DING!" when you nail the ring though lol.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Play better.

It's amazing.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

No. I'm saying that if you're skilled enough to finish and complete all the ring modes PRIOR to starting DTR, you should be easily skilled enough to get *to* Valinor.

ohhhh, but i disagree. I can get TABA no problem and finish it on occasion, but i'll be damned if i'll see the light of day of valinor. That ROTK multiball is a PIA, and so is FOTR multiball. I can get one or the other, but never both in the same game. Easier said than done.

You don't need DTR to start TABA, but you do have to manually get the elf rings lit again. And the ring shot doesn't do it anymore for that one. You have to hit the white shots when lit then the ring. to start it.

#23 11 years ago

oh, and those of you out there, try to refrain from putting games on 5 ball just to try and see everything. Your ruining it for yourself. I play games I haven't conquered more often than the ones i've seen the ending. I don't make them easier, otherwise it won't feel as much like an accomplishment. Plus, why rush seeing everything your game has to offer? It has more longevity in your collection, if it keeps you coming back wanting to fight for more. LOTR gets played more than any other game I own, mainly because I want to see if today is the day i'll see valinor. Since 07, i'm still trying. GNR is the same way. I only saw the ending once, and then it was half assed and dont' really remember what happened, because it was over before it began.

#24 11 years ago

@captainNeo, Horsepuckey! I paid all this money for the game Im gonna 5 ball it!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ohhhh, but i disagree. I can get TABA no problem and finish it on occasion, but i'll be damned if i'll see the light of day of valinor. That ROTK multiball is a PIA, and so is FOTR multiball. I can get one or the other, but never both in the same game. Easier said than done.
You don't need DTR to start TABA, but you do have to manually get the elf rings lit again. And the ring shot doesn't do it anymore for that one. You have to hit the white shots when lit then the ring. to start it.

You are ignoring what I have said, twice now.

I said, IF you are *GETTING TO TABA* *AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD* *####COMPLETING####* ALL MODES*

Far as the multiballs, the main one I have issue with is whichever one it is where you have to shoot the same four shots, extinguish them one by one, then they relight over. And over. And over. And over.

The one that requires like 40 jackpots or whatever? Finishing it regularly. SUUUUPPPPAAAAAA JACKPOT, HA HA HA!

#26 11 years ago

And just for the record, I feel like completing Valinor on 5 ball is still one hell of an achievment. I am going back to 3 ball to try for TABA on it now. Then I will go back to 5 to try for Valinor, then 3 for Valinor.

This is why I bought LOTR. It'll happen.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

@captainNeo, Horsepuckey! I paid all this money for the game Im gonna 5 ball it!

LOL, fine then, but it's going to be like seeing your presents before xmas. Xmas comes, it's just not as great when you know what your getting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woohoo-finally-got-there-and-back-again and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.