flippers.jpg
Iron_Man.jpg
box.jpg
board.jpg
back.jpg
DSC01517.JPG
DSC01512.JPG
DSC01466.JPG
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 11 years ago

Snowing and...the phone just rang canceling delivery . Plus no openings until Monday. Love Estes trucking. Grrrr.
Thursday I call and say package shown in route. Estes, we can't schedule until its actually here. Friday package lands and I call at 6am. Sorry todays trucks get loaded with scheduled deliveries only. Can you schedule me? Estes, sure for Wednesday since we are not doing deliver Monday Xmas eve. US mail came Monday and the best part is Estes actually has Holiday Music and a commercial playing and a commercial while on hold about how crucial they were to Holiday deliveries.
Today its the weather and I get it but to say they already booked all the slots until Monday. Doh. They suck!!
Venting over. Hope everyone had a great Xmas : )

#202 11 years ago

Arg... Let me see if I can push from my end

#203 11 years ago

They let you pick up from them. I have done it before.

#204 11 years ago

David, I wish I had a truck and a good back and I would be helping you get the game today. Unfortunately I have neither

When my Hulk came from Estes on Friday, it had many gashes and a couple holes in the box. It was by far the worst condition I have had for any of my three NIB purchases. When I saw the box set down on my driveway I was not confident it was going to be undamaged. I cut open the box in front of the delivery guy to make sure everything was ok. Fortunately, none of the objects that poked through the box had hurt the game any but one came really close and had hit the inner edge of the underside of the cabinet without damaging it. I got real lucky.
With that condition of box, the lack of delivery availability, and delays for many other pinsiders, I am not impressed at all with Estes.

#205 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They let you pick up from them. I have done it before.

They do, and another Pinsider emailed me right away offering with a truck. But of course I work tomorrow and Friday so its just not feasible.
Luckily the family is all off from now until Monday so I have someone to sign. Just can't go grab her.

JJ thanks for the push ; )

#206 11 years ago

Just got a call that my game will be here this afternoon. Its Christmas again!!

#207 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

David, I wish I had a truck and a good back and I would be helping you get the game today.

Thanks!! Looks like I 81 is bad out there. Cant be done today. Oh man.. I bet it got loaded then unloaded and moved all around the warehouse. Now I am scared.

#208 11 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Just got a call that my game will be here this afternoon. Its Christmas again!!

And thats why I miss living in California!

#209 11 years ago

awesome Gio... let me know your thoughts... I'm STILL waiting for WOZLE...

#210 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Snowing and...the phone just rang canceling delivery . Plus no openings until Monday. Love Estes trucking. Grrrr.
Thursday I call and say package shown in route. Estes, we can't schedule until its actually here. Friday package lands and I call at 6am. Sorry todays trucks get loaded with scheduled deliveries only. Can you schedule me? Estes, sure for Wednesday since we are not doing deliver Monday Xmas eve. US mail came Monday and the best part is Estes actually has Holiday Music and a commercial playing and a commercial while on hold about how crucial they were to Holiday deliveries.
Today its the weather and I get it but to say they already booked all the slots until Monday. Doh. They suck!!
Venting over. Hope everyone had a great Xmas : )

mine shipped on the 19th as won't show up until jan 3 it seems.

#211 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

mine shipped on the 19th as won't show up until jan 3 it seems.

Looks like we are on the same express shipping plan.

#212 11 years ago

I'm going with a fellow Pinsider to pick up his blue LE tomorrow from Stern. I'm looking forward to putting some real playing time on the LE.

#213 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

David, I wish I had a truck and a good back and I would be helping you get the game today. Unfortunately I have neither
When my Hulk came from Estes on Friday, it had many gashes and a couple holes in the box. It was by far the worst condition I have had for any of my three NIB purchases. When I saw the box set down on my driveway I was not confident it was going to be undamaged. I cut open the box in front of the delivery guy to make sure everything was ok. Fortunately, none of the objects that poked through the box had hurt the game any but one came really close and had hit the inner edge of the underside of the cabinet without damaging it. I got real lucky.
With that condition of box, the lack of delivery availability, and delays for many other pinsiders, I am not impressed at all with Estes.

Estes screwed Mine up. Somethings up with them.

#214 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Estes screwed Mine up. Somethings up with them.

When you say screwed up, what exactly does that mean, damage to the game?

#215 11 years ago

A little bit. Totally cosmetic.totally fixable....but definitely damaged and a kick in the nuts for my first NIB...and it was a surprise present, so my wife was really stressed, wanting me to get the game for my b-day when I got home from work but not sure what to do about the damage when it as delivered.

She said the guys that delivered it were absolutely brain dead.

#216 11 years ago

Just got a voice mail, mines shipping today, tracking # to folow later tonight i hope...

gonna be either Fed EX frieght or ABF...

FX did a great job last time with BIB, on time, and no damage to the box...

#217 11 years ago

A little bit. Totally cosmetic.totally fixable....but definitely damaged and a kick in the nuts for my first NIB...and it was a surprise present, so my wife was really stressed, wanting me to get the game for my b-day when I got home from work but not sure what to do about the damage when it as delivered.
She said the guys that delivered it were absolutely brain dead.

Contact your Distributor.. I hope the damage was notated on the Bill of lading before it was signed.

#218 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Contact your Distributor.. I hope the damage was notated on the Bill of lading before it was signed.

O Crap.. Wait I'm your Distributor! Contact me!!!

#219 11 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

O Crap.. Wait I'm your Distributor! Contact me!!!

No worries JJ. You guys were FANTASTIC on the phone with both me and my wife last Friday. Thanks for the PM today too.

The fact that you were able to help my wife get AV to me by last Friday was amazing...especially since you couldn't email her, call her etc.! Crazy!

The only bad part of this...besides the damage to the game game...is that your customer service and attention to detail can get undermined by the shipping company messing up the game in the move.

However, I would recomend to Stern that find a way to cardboard every edge out of the factory. My game suffered ONLY because it was exposed in the area that got rubbed up against. Even with a thin piece of cardboard there I do not think the decal would have been rubbed off the game in that area.

#220 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Just got a voice mail, mines shipping today, tracking # to folow later tonight i hope...
gonna be either Fed EX frieght or ABF...
FX did a great job last time with BIB, on time, and no damage to the box...

I can't wait for your detailed review!

#221 11 years ago

I can't wait for your detailed review!

I think the whole Pinside community is on the edge of their seats waiting for Gerry's assessment of the game.

#222 11 years ago

But which code will he be reviewing? Out of the box...or the update? Or will Gerry's game have the 2.0 SUPER-PAK...with real voice overs by RDjr and Sam Jackson to satisfy Gerry?

#223 11 years ago

No worries JJ. You guys were FANTASTIC on the phone with both me and my wife last Friday. Thanks for the PM today too.
The fact that you were able to help my wife get AV to me by last Friday was amazing...especially since you couldn't email her, call her etc.! Crazy!
The only bad part of this...besides the damage to the game game...is that your customer service and attention to detail can get undermined by the shipping company messing up the game in the move.
However, I would recomend to Stern that find a way to cardboard every edge out of the factory. My game suffered ONLY because it was exposed in the area that got rubbed up against. Even with a thin piece of cardboard there I do not think the decal would have been rubbed off the game in that area.

Ha not being allowed to email or call her was SO hard! Every step of the way I kept trying to then remembering I couldn't. Glad to hear she pulled the surprise off

#224 11 years ago

Waiting for some buddies to show up and help me get it in the man cave. But, damn its pretty!! The green is sweet looking!

photo_1.JPGphoto_1.JPG photo_2.JPGphoto_2.JPG photo_3.JPGphoto_3.JPG photo_4.JPGphoto_4.JPG

#225 11 years ago

let us know your thoughts i wonder if my buddy greg lives near you and will try it out

#226 11 years ago

Looks like I will have my HULK tomorrow

#227 11 years ago

congrats CG....

#228 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

You're going to like it...

#229 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Congrats. Mine seems to have taken a boat across the country.

#230 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Congrats. Mine seems to have taken a boat across the country.

Thats how i feel...

#231 11 years ago

Mine would have arrived sooner had it shipped on that boat. Enjoy CG

#232 11 years ago

I am too impatient to receive mine ...

all I want to know is if it is fun to play ...

#233 11 years ago

I just got the tracking info on my Hulk.
It is scheduled to be at the terminal tomorrow
I can't wait.

#234 11 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I am too impatient to receive mine ...
all I want to know is if it is fun to play ...

Yes! It's fun!

#235 11 years ago

Great

#236 11 years ago

We had company over for a late Xmas celebration so only got a handful of games on my Hulk LE last night. First impressions were "Wow, this thing is cool looking!". Apart from some visibility issues that are already mentioned in this and other thread, I liked the game... a lot. Should probably mention that all games played were on the new code. So, no idea how it played with the prior version..

Sound is not bad at all. Was concerned the voices would be bunk, but the script is well written and funny and the voices are good. The worst voice (least like the movie character voice) is the Fury voice and its not bad. The music and effects are really good. Most of our guests commented on how cool the sound effects and music were. It also got played almost as much as ACDC, which is a first as ACDC always gets played a ton by guests...

The light show is very impressive and while I have seen just a few modes, the GI is similar to Xmen and ACDC in that it changes colors with modes. It's got more flashers than any game I've seen, or at least it seems that way. It's impressive to see the game in action IMO. You can't miss it and in a room with multiple pins, it stands out when its being played or just sitting there. It has a dark look to it since all the GI is colored.

The DMD is way cool and love the green. Wasn't expecting much out of the animation. But, I thought the dots were impressive for the few modes I got into last night. Would take them any day over the movie clip animation I've seen in other games. They're well integrated and there is quite a few of them. Glare is an issue. It really affects the upper portion of the playfield. I've tried to avoid using Invisiglass or PDI glass because I know I'll end up buying it for every game. But, I'm ordering some today for this game. It's needed...

The shots are tight and very rewarding. Had no issues hitting the Widow ramp. Out of 8-10 shots only had a couple come out. The spinner takes speed off. But, it wasn't an issue on my machine unless the shot was not clean and even then it made it more often than not. The game played fast and it's a flow game with several cool combo opportunities. Seemed like I could hit shots pretty quickly compared to X men which take some "learning" to get a feel for.

Hulk Multiball is awesome. Never counted if the game released all 6 balls on the new code. But, damn! It's a rush as is now and probably the best multiball in my lineup. It's fast and a cool rush. Forget trying to control anything until you get down a few balls, It's a flail away fest with all the balls initially. I forgot how much fun that was. Made me miss STNG. The hulk show is cool and the bridge throw is impressive. The ball does just fly off the widow ramp during Hulk multiball. It was hard to watch the flight path with all the balls in play but got a few looks as balls drained. The balls were typically hitting the flap that is in front of hulk as they came off the ramp or the area just in front of the flap. Gonna lay down a little contact paper around the drop targets and Hulk eject saucer. Those seem like the most likely wear spots.

Visibility is an issue and a few tweaks need to be made. Loki target blocks views, and the drop targets are hard to see. Wasn't as bothered by the Loki lanes or top lanes. They're blocked, but you can see enough of the light and reflection to know whats lit IMO. It's less than ideal though and could see where some people would not like it. Guess I've gotten used to seeing reflection since I've played so much ACDC and the cannon blocks the lane completely... Drop targets and Fury target are pretty much out of sight to the point where you need to alter your position to get a good look at them. Used the lights in front of the drops to aim more than the targets themselves. Fury is completely blocked. Loki needs to be moved as Gambit suggested or taken out more like LOTR since you can see the lock.

Had no issues with Hulk ball traps at all. Not sure if its the code change since I never played the early code. But, Hulk reacted almost instantly anytime the ball was near him and never had him catch or trap the ball for what seemed like a flaw. the longest the ball was near him was a half a second, if that. When the ball was behind the drop targets, it takes a second for the ball to roll down to the opening. But, it's not catching or getting stuck for me. It seemed to react as intended and I was pleasantly surprised to not have any ball traps around Hulk as I was expecting some and hoping to not be too bummed about it. Did get one ball stuck at the widow ramp where the bridge separates on a slightly off shot that lost speed through the ramp. Took a slight nudge to get the ball moving but wasn't much of an issue IMO.

All in all, my first impression was very positive. Way too soon to say much more than that as I had nowhere near enough time with code or playing he game. But, I'm happy with my purchase and think this is one of GG better games in quite a while.

#237 11 years ago

Good news for sure....

My opinions to follow soon i hope....

Hope my experience is a solid as yours seems to be...

thanks for the input...

#238 11 years ago

For those that want a 20 minute fix to the Loki Lock Light plastic blocking the Fury target issue, and can do a little wire splicing, go look at my Avengers Fixes thread. I relocated Loki up where the Helicarrier plastic was/is, and it not only makes the Fury shot totally visible, it also declutters the PF as a whole and puts that lock plastic where it should be - right over the shot to make for the lock.

#239 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

For those that want a 20 minute fix to the Loki Lock Light plastic blocking the Fury target issue, and can do a little wire splicing, go look at my Avengers Fixes thread. I relocated Loki up where the Helicarrier plastic was/is, and it not only makes the Fury shot totally nvisible, it also declitters the PF as a whole and puts that lock plastic where it should be - right over the shot to make for the lock.

That will be one of the first things i do...

Was a good call...

#240 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

should we start working on a trade now?

#241 11 years ago

Those of you who already have game or know when its coming when did you order? I ordered night of and still no date or notification of shipping.

#242 11 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

Those of you who already have game or know when its coming when did you order? I ordered night of and still no date or notification of shipping.

As of Tommrrow all of mine that are paid in full and people arnt out of town will be shipping.

#243 11 years ago

K Im leaving town next Thursday for my brothers wedding in Florida it's only coming from 3 hours away safe to assume before Thursday?

#244 11 years ago

Ha!

#245 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

For those that want a 20 minute fix to the Loki Lock Light plastic blocking the Fury target issue, and can do a little wire splicing, go look at my Avengers Fixes thread. I relocated Loki up where the Helicarrier plastic was/is, and it not only makes the Fury shot totally visible, it also declutters the PF as a whole and puts that lock plastic where it should be - right over the shot to make for the lock.

can you put up a link for this please

#247 11 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

K Im leaving town next Thursday for my brothers wedding in Florida it's only coming from 3 hours away safe to assume before Thursday?

Dunno have to ask your distributor.

#248 11 years ago

That would be you lol but you covered it in your email i think though its not in Indy yet. Said they would call me when it got in to schedule a delivery heres to fingers crossed I guess.

#249 11 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

That would be you lol but you covered it in your email i think though its not in Indy yet. Said they would call me when it got in to schedule a delivery heres to fingers crossed I guess.

Sorry... I don't really know which was it up any more.. I even thought and looked before but I'm so confused in life right now! Need to quit doing 14 hour days and sleep. New GF isnt helping the sleep factor either!

#250 11 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

I recommend that you keep close track of the location, and as soon as it arrives at your terminal you should call them to schedule delivery. That will be your best chance to get it shipped at the earliest possible time. They can only schedule the delivery if it has arrived at the terminal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 295 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woohoo-avengers-les-are-shipping/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.