7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by j69
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Anyone ever purchase one? They look fantastic. Pricey yes but looks fantastic.

Any reviews? Are the woodtech guys on pinside?

#2 7 years ago

No one has any opinion?

#3 7 years ago

I could swear I saw the guy that runs it posting here a few weeks ago... maybe I'm thinking of RGP?

Free bump for ya. =\

#5 7 years ago

Good work but the guy is a bit of a douche/troll on the UK boards.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from j69:

Good work but the guy is a bit of a douche/troll on the UK boards.

good to know. Thanks.

#7 7 years ago

Yeah, the quality really does look to be top notch but unfortunately the guy behind it (Manny) really damaged his reputation over here by threatening frivilous lawsuits against those who took issue with his prices. Its a shame as he seems to be talented.

#8 7 years ago

What the hell? LOL.....how can you file a lawsuit against saying that his prices are too high? I'd love to see that one in court... it's an opinion. Guess that's why he's posted very little in the time I've been here, heh.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

how can you file a lawsuit against saying that his prices are too high? I'd love to see that one in court...

Its a different country, Law is different all over. I heard a story once about a woman in Australia who got up at her High School reunion and bitched about what a bully another woman was back then. Then the bully sued the girl for millions for tarnishing her reputation.

#10 7 years ago

I would get a new cab from Doug Huse.

http://letsplaypinball.com/

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

What the hell? LOL.....how can you file a lawsuit against saying that his prices are too high? I'd love to see that one in court... it's an opinion. Guess that's why he's posted very little in the time I've been here, heh.

He is in the UK...and could easily win a lawsuit for something like that, for many different reasons; people don’t get to necessarily pop off at the mouth over there without the possibility of being forced to back it up.

When I was in Europe I accidentally hit and killed someone’s stray dog while driving...guess who paid for my bumper and the time I spent F'ing around with it? Same thing happens when people get hit for being a fraction of an inch in the wrong spot, in some countries.

Your not Kansas anymore Dorothy!

#12 7 years ago

Careful guys. Just talking about this fella could get you a scary British fist shake from across the water.

It wouldnt suprise me one bit if he actually was made aware of this thread and came on to first bang on about how good he is, then to throw a wobbler when people question his prices.

#13 7 years ago

Hello folks, I was alerted to this threads existence. Yes I threw a wobbler over on the uk groups after a year of being told that I was expensive and do the exact same job as existing uk hobby restorers. I fought my case and my skills and lost a battle against a bunch of trolls. Now my work is out there people can see I do go the extra mile. People like Darren Ball and the moderator of pinball info who think they can create a thread damning my business and reputation and get away with it are indeed mistaken. Jealousy from others about my work and my commitment to my business and trying everything to stop me 'doing well' did take a bad hit on my emotions and I did indeed snap back several times. Anyone who meets me knows the deal, I'm no couch, just a guy with a passion to create high end products, pinball restorations to die for and yes I do need to get paid. I've yet to see a cabinet finished as good as mine are. Thanks guys, keep it nice in here please, thanks, Manny WoodTECH Workshop

#14 7 years ago

That was meant to read no "douch" lol.

For those of you who are interested here is a link to my work which I upload pics to most working days.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodtechworkshop/sets/

Thank you.

Manny

#15 7 years ago

Mannys work is top top notch. I've seen his products and indeed can't wait to recieve my TAF shell after I was blown away with his work. The attention to detail is incredible, beyond description in fact!
    Unfortunately, some people over here did indeed question his prices, and indeed expect him to work for a $1/£1 an hour it seems. He was totally maulled by people who'd never met him, seen his products etc etc and yeah, he has every right to call them trolling for just such actions - they deserve it!

#16 7 years ago

I've recently purchased a decalled cabinet and backbox for my STTNG from Manny which I am over the moon with. It is perfect tbh, I have not and cannot find a single fault with it. It looks stunning and the attention to detail is awesome (a big plus when trying to convince the missus that it'd look good in the lounge!). He was a nice guy too, when I met him and provided plenty of (free) advice on how to approach transferring things from my old cabinet (first time I'd replaced a cabinet on a pin). Value for money....definitely.

#17 7 years ago

Manny, see you have done the wooden playfield side guide rails for a TOM. Have you done a set for a Scared Stiff before?

#18 7 years ago

I too will vouch for Mannys work.

His cabinets/mods/restorations are top quality. Some of you even have his TOM mods.
    Manny has sent pins over the world, the US, Austrailia, Switzerland to name a few.

Don't be deterred by the negative feedback, as Rav said above, some people wanted work done for less than minimum wage. Mannys finishes on his Cabs could indeed be compared to HEP in the attention to detail.

If you like what you see then contact him.

#19 7 years ago

Well, much like in the US, I feel like people are entitled to their opinion, even if that makes them douches. I thought US law was stupid in regards to slander/libel law, but if you can seriously get sued in the UK for saying someone's prices are too high, then you guys take the cake from us I guess.

Personally I have seen the prices on what is charged on new cabs, and there's no way on earth I'd ever pay it....but I don't go out of my way to say that it's not worth the money. I'm sure to some, it is. But for me, with a Space Shuttle and a STTNG..... not so much. Gimme that bondo and stencils/decals! I can respect the ludicrous amount of work it takes to turn those out without having a CNC cut and mill every part though.

#20 7 years ago

Opinions are one thing but posting stuff like this about me is unacceptable and a downright attack on my name. What does the guy who posted this say to me in an email...he was having a bad day!

Have a read

http://www.pinballinfo.com/forums/threads/the-great-rip-off.320471/

If this is 'opinions' and the forum moderator encourages this type of posting (because they are friends) left me with no choice but to do something about it.

I was bullied over here on uk forums, why? I will never know. But as I have built an offline reputation of a high level finish, commissions well into next year and stay off the groups over here I'm really not that bothered what anybody says about me anymore.

I will continue to do what I do well as long as people demand my work.
    Thanks for the praise its what keeps me going.

Manny

#21 7 years ago

Let people attack you and don't get defensive about it.

As soon as people find something that gets you riled up, more will jump on the bandwagon.

Your skills will become well known as time goes on and your attackers will have to find some gays to bully.

#22 7 years ago

Yeah.. I'm with Vid here...

That thread is extremely tame compared to stuff I've seen on other forums. I agree that mods should be impartial, but frankly....good luck with that! I've yet to ever spend any significant amount of time on a messageboard and see a group of moderators be completely impartial, most of the time it's EXACTLY what you describe...they favor their friends and to heck with everyone else.

Quoted from vid1900:

your attackers will have to find some gays to bully.

#23 7 years ago

If $750 is a lot for a cabinet, then who's making them cheaper? Going rate I've seen is actually $900.

#24 7 years ago

If anyone is interested in my work and if you read this 'pinballaddiction' drops a line direct to
    pinball@woodtech.co.uk. About those scared stiff rails Ok.

Thx

Manny

#25 7 years ago

Manny, don’t pay the haters any mind, people seem threatened when a new kid on the block comes along with such finesse and pure natural talent. They only bitch about your price because they can’t afford your products on their machines.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Careful guys. Just talking about this fella could get you a scary British fist shake from across the water.
    It wouldnt suprise me one bit if he actually was made aware of this thread and came on to first bang on about how good he is, then to throw a wobbler when people question his prices.

You must be able to see into the future

And 4 seperate British posters have posted good reviews all within a few hours of each other. What are the chances!

TBF, no-one has ever criticised Manny's work. In fact, most people weren't even that bothered by his high prices, it's his business he can charge what he likes.

The issue came when Manny spat his dummy out and started threatening to sue people etc. and began his own trolling in just about every thread he posted in.

Not after a row here btw, just feel it deserves both sides of the story.

#27 7 years ago

Yeah, I'd have to agree, his work looks great, I had no real issue with the prices either - some of the things were absurdly expensive (plated items) and some seemed reasonable/ok, but that doesn't matter because as a customer you have the option of buying, or not buying. Don't want to pay 700 for a new cab? Don't get a new cab then, or do the best you can yourself, whatever - your option.

What I didn't like was the attitude. Two items.

One - he would absolutely refuse to accept (more importantly wouldn't stop refuting) that anyone else could do a comparable job. I'm sorry but that's just bullshit. I am top class at my job. There are many people as good as me at it, that's just how it is. If I had to go around telling people that nobody else could be as awesome as me, I think I'd end up very tired and angry too.

Second - outright abusive. He called the group collectively 'cunts' and 'losers' among other things, during an argument that spiralled bizarrely out of control after someone pointed out that they didn't want a big Woodtech logo on their backbox. Correct response rather than the immediately defensive one that the disaster came from would have been 'sorry, but this is the product I'm supplying', or 'OK I'll change it'. The latter is better of course because it drives sales.

Of late he's been much better about it though, I'll go that far - and the work does look excellent. I'm sure I saw somewhere that he's able to offer playfield restoration services now, and *as far as I'm aware* that's something we haven't really had access to in the UK. I might even use the service myself once I've seen some examples.

#28 7 years ago

As far as I know, Manny does make the best pinball cabinets in the world, hands down.

#29 7 years ago

Yes I did call the 'haters' of all I stood for the c word after at least a year of criticisms, sarcasm, and accusations and even remarks I was earning £37 per hour!

I am as I always said a perfectionist at heart and the remarks I got on the groups were complaining ALL the time that I was a ripoff merchant. Doing the SAME job as other restorers. Fact is I'm
    a perfectionist and consequently my cabs ARE better than anything I've seen in the uk and that included your Mr Darren 'having a bad day' Ball. The fact
    A thread was started by his friend on pinball info to
    ruin my reputation and refusal to remove it did indeed cause me to threaten legal action. After a year of abuse on the uk group I was called an a$$hat, jumped up knob, wanker, massive cockend, charlitan, ripoff merchant and the list goes on. I lost it finally when I was accused of producing overpriced backboxes. I was bullied online by a bunch of troublemaker fools who are/were completely jealous of what I could produce entirely on my own that they could never afford. To which I called it a head and ditched the group for good. I'm not proud I blew it on there but after soo much backchat about my work, the sheer amount of money I put into all my work, the economic climate and hate for all I said and did, it hit me in a bad way! Apparently a backbox should cost £30 and I quite a cab restore is a bit of paint and some f_cking stickers... Remarks like this were soo empty headed I just couldn't believe what I was reading. So I called them morons and rightly so.

A cabinet takes me 5 days to build and finish to MY finish. Don't like my WoodTECH name? Fine, like I always said from the start, mind your own business or show me you can do better.

Post edited by SealClubber : language

#30 7 years ago

System 11.

My attitude was wrong but after the bullying you all have me for soo long, i'd had enough!

The UK pinball forums are filled with hate and jealousy - Fact!

Manny

#31 7 years ago

Manny I emailed you and PM'd you for a quote with shipping info. I want quality and can care less about the rest of the crap.

#32 7 years ago

I get a lot of enquiries for my work from all over the world, so my hard work and 'Quality Finish' has paid off. It's a shame it doesn't pay me anything over a minimum wage so won't go on for much longer.

Mirror polishing and plating IS expensive in the UK, go and produce better products and show them to me before you once again accuse me of selling overpriced products. I offered them for sale to help you guys achieve the same look and that's the thanks I got!

Manny.

#33 7 years ago

I guess I should spell check before I post. Sorry of its hard to read, it's late here. 0.36.

I guess my forum presence appeared arrogant and I said so at the time. Confidence in ones work, producing high quality stuff is tough, tough for me, knowing what's involved, the hours and attention to detail involved and to have my business belittled the way it was, was upsetting. I got scores of emails from abroad just saying how nice my stuff was. How it had inspired them, that's what made me keep on going. Did the uk pinball group sing praise for my work? Nope, the tried to take me down! Sad but true, quite a lot of hypocrites too. Yes I guess I'm still bitter but I will not rise, ever again. They can say all they want about me..

I feel sorry for celebrities, they get badly spoken of day in, day out!

Thanks for reading.

Manny
    WoodTECH Workshop

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Manny I emailed you and PM'd you for a quote with shipping info. I want quality and can care less about the rest of the crap.

So did I,PM'd him here on Pinside and on Ebay auction he was running,no replys back.
    Could be because I live in Canada

#35 7 years ago

Welcome to Pinside, Manny. First I heard of your services, but it looks good.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from WoodTECHworkshop:

Yes I did call the 'haters' of all I stood for the c word after at least a year of criticisms, sarcasm, and accusations and even remarks I was earning £37 per hour!
    I am as I always said a perfectionist at heart and the remarks I got on the groups were complaining ALL the time that I was a ripoff merchant. Doing the SAME job as other restorers. Fact is I'm
    a perfectionist and consequently my cabs ARE better than anything I've seen in the uk and that included your Mr Darren 'having a bad day' Ball. The fact
    A thread was started by his friend on pinball info to
    ruin my reputation and refusal to remove it did indeed cause me to threaten legal action. After a year of abuse on the uk group I was called an a$$hat, jumped up knob, wanker, massive cockend, charlitan, ripoff merchant and the list goes on. I lost it finally when I was accused of producing overpriced backboxes. I was bullied online by a bunch of troublemaker fools who are/were completely jealous of what I could produce entirely on my own that they could never afford. To which I called it a head and ditched the group for good. I'm not proud I blew it on there but after soo much backchat about my work, the sheer amount of money I put into all my work, the economic climate and hate for all I said and did, it hit me in a bad way! Apparently a backbox should cost £30 and I quite a cab restore is a bit of paint and some f_cking stickers... Remarks like this were soo empty headed I just couldn't believe what I was reading. So I called them morons and rightly so.
    A cabinet takes me 5 days to build and finish to MY finish. Don't like my WoodTECH name? Fine, like I always said from the start, mind your own business or show me you can do better.
    Post edited by SealClubber : language

There's the real manny! We are all poor and jealous of what we can't afford? Classy business promotion as ever

#37 7 years ago

SealClubber - thanks . I was just quoting what they said sorry about the language. Oh and look there goes one now trying to get a rise out of me.

Manny

#38 7 years ago

Question - am I right in thinking you're now (or soon) able to offer playfield restoration, and do you have any before/after examples yet?

#39 7 years ago

Playfield restoration and clearcoating services are now available. Send pics of playfield requiring attention to pinball@woodtech.co.uk

Thank you

Manny

9 months later
    #40 6 years ago

Wooden cabinets look good though expensive but easy to maintain.

Gorgeous bathroom vanities

#41 6 years ago

i would take a the machine cabinet to finish my almost perfect game, but shipping to France would be pricy i think

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from alexwilbert:

Wooden cabinets look good though expensive but easy to maintain.

You could have just said 'bump'

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 124.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Hookedonpinball.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 149.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 89.99
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside