IMG_8996 (resized).jpg
IMG_9004 (resized).jpg
IMG_8999 (resized).jpg
20191110_235822 (resized).jpg
20191110_235555 (resized).jpg
20191110_235453 (resized).jpg
20191110_235528 (resized).jpg
20191110_235628 (resized).jpg
Elvis lets off steam at a downtown pinball arcade, in between Fox Theatre shows (resized).jpg
IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Knxwledge:

I need a price check on a woodrail too... there's an El Paso that looks to be in pretty damn good shape from the picture. Seller says they haven't plugged it in in 20 years. Has legs. Here's the pic they posted.
Edit: I did see the price list posted, but looks like there was only one sold, was wondering if anybody else knew of any other sales. If not what's the average price for a woodrail in this condition?
[quoted image]

When someone says it "hasn't been plugged in in 20 years", that means "I plugged it in, nothing happened, but there was a smell of something burning, so I unplugged it immediately." Second, it looks to be in good shape because nobody played it since that game was so miserable to play with those weak reverse flippers, and no pop bumpers. Not good shape with the homemade coin door, missing caps and light shields/plastics. $100 would be far too much.

#52 4 years ago

Love the sounds of these older games! When friends come over, they like to play the newer ones of course, then they hear these and cant help but to play them too!

IMG_8996 (resized).jpgIMG_8996 (resized).jpgIMG_8999 (resized).jpgIMG_8999 (resized).jpgIMG_9004 (resized).jpgIMG_9004 (resized).jpg
#53 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You are kidding right? It's been explained in this thread like 3 times.
Modern pins don't equate. In my totally unscientific estimation if you own one pinball machine made after 1992, chances of you owning one EM is less than 10%. Chances of you owning a woodrail.... probably like 1 or 2%. I wish this was not true but it's just the way things are with modern pinball owners and trends.

I'm in that 10% or less window, fun is what fun is regardless of age.

Our newest is X-files, oldest at the moment Grand Tour. Sweet spot for us looks like the 80's though.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

You are kidding right? It's been explained in this thread like 3 times.
Modern pins don't equate. In my totally unscientific estimation if you own one pinball machine made after 1992, chances of you owning one EM is less than 10%. Chances of you owning a woodrail.... probably like 1 or 2%. I wish this was not true but it's just the way things are with modern pinball owners and trends.

It was a rhetorical question.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Was Steve at the show?

No. My brother brought the game down with him from Steve's house.

#56 4 years ago

One interesting dynamic of the woodrails is that they seem to stay in collections longer than EMs from other eras. When they are moved along, they seem to pass from collector to collector rather than be for sale on the open market. These are some of the reasons it can be hard to establish value.

As someone who is early in the “collecting” phase of life, the softening of the woodrail market is welcome news to me. To me, they are complete package of form and function. With limited space, one must make decisions to optimize a good mix of games from different eras. But more and more, I wish I could just have a collection of woodrails like some of those represented in this thread.

#57 4 years ago

I'm thinking this one might be getting closer to a $2000 game.

DSCN6494 (resized).JPGDSCN6494 (resized).JPG
#58 4 years ago

Woodrails are truly beautiful pinball machines!

Roy Parker artwork in its full colorful glory can't be beat and I currently have 5 NIB repro Gottlieb backglasses that I purchased from Shay, but didn't end up using, that I'm offering at discounted prices (including free insured shipping to 48 states) on Pinside.

First come, first served!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87556
1952 Gottlieb Queen of Hearts repro bg FRONT (resized).JPG1952 Gottlieb Queen of Hearts repro bg FRONT (resized).JPG
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87557
1953 Gottlieb Grand Slam repro bg FRONT (resized).jpg1953 Gottlieb Grand Slam repro bg FRONT (resized).jpg
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87558
1955 Gtb Frontiersman Repro BG Front (resized).JPG1955 Gtb Frontiersman Repro BG Front (resized).JPG
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87559
1956 Gtb Harbor Lites Repro BG Front (resized).JPG1956 Gtb Harbor Lites Repro BG Front (resized).JPG
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/87561
1956 Gtb Rainbow Repro BG Front (resized).JPG1956 Gtb Rainbow Repro BG Front (resized).JPG

3 years later
#59 6 months ago

I'm more interested in knowing your opinion on the order of the most coveted title to the least n this bunch:

Gondola 4 flippers
Hi-Score Pool 2 flippers
Royal Flush 2 flippers
Trinidad 2 flippers
Tucson 2 flippers
Twin Bill 2 flippers

Thanks, Tom

#60 6 months ago
Quoted from tcw16505:

I'm more interested in knowing your opinion on the order of the most coveted title to the least n this bunch:
Gondola 4 flippers
Hi-Score Pool 2 flippers
Royal Flush 2 flippers
Trinidad 2 flippers
Tucson 2 flippers
Twin Bill 2 flippers
Thanks, Tom

Twin Bill is easily the best of that group.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woodrail-price-check/page/2?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.