(Topic ID: 195271)

Woodrail Play field Glass Removal

By SteveinTexas

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC05932 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I have a 1958 Williams Short stop I am restoring, the observation is the glass does not slide out the front as my other Williams games before and after this game.

The front of the game is about 3/32" higher than the side rails. The cabinet front and body have the same serial # so the parts are from the same game. The wooden side rails have screws that make them removable but I can't tell if they were added later or original.

Did some games have a removable side rail to get the glass out as this correct for this game?

DSC05932 (resized).JPGDSC05932 (resized).JPG

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

I,as well as a friend of mine,have this game and the glass slides out the front on both of them.

That is very good to know. If I may ask is your game the same as I describe or is the front panel top flush with the adjacent side rails?

The fix is straightforward. I have already used my router to deepen the front panel bottom board slot. This allows the front panel to sit lower and flush with the top . The bolt holes will need a slight mod with a drill bit but otherwise we are all good.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from novaguy:

Sorry for the late reply Steve.I forgot to mention that my boss also has the same game and the glass slides out as it should just like it would on a pin.and yes the front panel is flush.if you have any other questions feel free.
    Ted

Thanks for the update. I need to repaint so I visited with the gals that mix the auto paints this afternoon. They enjoy the pinball talk as a change to cars. Color shades all agreed and final clear sheen. They will get the colors spot on ( not that one would really ever know) and it should be a fine restore.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveinTexas.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woodrail-play-field-glass-removal?tu=SteveinTexas and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.