20231104_171031.jpg
20231104_171040.jpg
20230830_182545 (resized).jpg
20230830_182507 (resized).jpg
20230826_171502 (resized).jpg
Mickey Fantasia (resized).JPG
One Grand Blitz (resized).png
Rocket Ship Smaller (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 7 years ago

Resurrecting a good thread.

I have a couple few from the late 50's early 60's. Dancing Dolls, HI-DIVER, Criss Cross, Wagon Train...and hopefully a Sittin' Pretty, soon. You reading this DF?

I like the jackpot features mentioned of the '50-'55 Gtb's (sounds like fun), but understand they may be easier to beat than the later years. ??? Were the replays much more liberal during the earlier years of woodrails?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Wagon Train is a great machine!

Yes it is! Thanks. Having some problems uploading pics at the moment but I have a real purty one. I guess the later years had a lot of rotos eating up space...but I really like them. There is some variation between them. Also, some awesome back box animation going on at that time, Dancing Dolls being my favorite.

#42 7 years ago

Here's a distant shot of a few in the disco.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Interesting thread. I have thought about woodrails too, and have pondered if I should get one example. I am thinking I'd like to find one really nice woodrail.... Maybe I should start looking ! Probably would be nice to have at least one. Would be tough to pass up a really nice one...

Yes, you should get one. And don't look back!

#45 7 years ago

Day yum. Do you still have the 'visitor' camping trailer?

#47 7 years ago

Sweet. I did know of a guy who had pins and p&bs everywhere in his house. No kitchen appliances either, just pins. Still lived in the house though.

#49 7 years ago

I just don't see those around here, at least in the condition I look for. I'm a 'maintainer' (but slowly learning) at the moment. Yes, lots of great Williams and Bally games. I also had to streamline my maintenance time. Thought having similar years, maker, would be an easier curve for me.

#53 7 years ago

Yes! What I like about my poly floor and cement walls is the reverberation. Amplifies real nice.

#58 7 years ago

Classy Bowler looks like a keeper. Love the name 'Classy Bowler'

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

get off the interwebs
DSCN4423_(resized).JPG

I called it the 'Intertubes' to my kids the other day (the 70'e and 80's weren't kind to me).

#61 7 years ago

Pm me if it ever gets in the way.

#63 7 years ago

#65 7 years ago

I do like that one but I'm almost out of room! It's knockin out walls time.

#67 7 years ago

Hey I resemble that remark.

#76 7 years ago

Yes, they do have that 'just one more' play appeal, for me anyway, and I had gravitated from the 70's pins (which I still like just as well). These are 50-70 year old pinball machines that, when tuned properly, are just as fast and responsive as the 'newer' EMs. And the sounds...and hearing two or more being played at once... You can't beat it. Real pinball.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Odd cabinet graphics on that game for a boxing themed pin. I've seen others like that. For some reason, they were pushing air and space travel on their cabinets, regardless of the game's theme.

Here is a 1950 Gtb Just 21 (not mine), but I did transport one of these for a buddy not too long ago.

Beach themed pin with what looks to be a Saturn mission on the cabinet.

#96 7 years ago

Hey now that would be great. An ALL EM tournament / League. And add in some p&bs...

#99 7 years ago

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#104 7 years ago

No, just hoping you're not right, that's all.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Most want a machine with loud music, guys yelling at them, ramps to hit a million times a game and silly licensed themes that are no longer relevant. But there are exceptions....

I guess my experience is with the 14 yr old and under crowd (my kids, their friends and cousins ages). I've seen and heard their reactions to the new stuff. They all don't like them. Say it's confusing and the ball is always disappearing. When they go to places with pins they only play video/redemption games. But the EMs at my house? They love them (not my two kids actually but that is another story). But, my point is that the majority of the kids like ems and not the new. Kind of cool. (In my experience)

#129 7 years ago

Skyliner!

*oh you beat me by a minute

#136 7 years ago

Some v nice woodies available and just posted in em section.

*ok it's about time I ask...how do you link to another post?

#154 7 years ago

That's neat ^^^ I love Lucy!

#159 7 years ago

Hmm..I'm a glass 1/2 full kinda guy, I'll take two!!

#161 7 years ago

I'm sorry, I meant the bad dancing Rockette. I am OFFICIALLY 'out of room' and am forced to just window shop for awhile. Thank you for the lead though, I hope someone takes you up on it.

Dave

1 week later
#173 7 years ago

That's gonna leave a mark.

#199 7 years ago

That's a real looker. Congrats! I had only heard of that game recently, but what a great pin to KEEP in Wisconsin.

#217 7 years ago

My first Williams woodrail, 1957 Jig Saw. Looks pretty as all can be.
(Thanks Craig)

#219 7 years ago

The covered bridge pictures get me every time. She's a looker. Gotta squeeze them together a bit though as two more are coming in. . Then I'm FULL.

#221 7 years ago

Beautiful! That didn't take you too long, congrats.

2 weeks later
#252 7 years ago

Yeah take the glass off and make a video of it!

#255 7 years ago

Thanks for the explanation, that's pretty neat. That would be a hard feature to test then. ??

#257 7 years ago

Sittin' Pretty. Has a real nice cab, pf is excellent, Repo bg and pbr legs. Just picked up so I'll have to play it a bit before giving a full review. So far it's a tough cookie to beat, which is good!

#259 7 years ago

Yes! It plays so smooth..just like new, I bet (not old enough to know first hand

3 weeks later
#265 7 years ago

Do it hoov! What ya think you're lookin for?

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

In between the honey-do list this weekend I have been putzing around with my newly acquired Dancing Dolls. I refinished the wood trim and cleaned up the cabinet a bit. Got it on legs. Thanks pesqueisle! Made a back door.
It looks pretty good from the left. Too bad the right rail looks like some clown set one of those big novelty carnival cigars all along it. And not on top but big burn marks on the side of the rail? Weird. Oh well it's just character when they get this old.

Nice photography, Alex! Looking very good.

Quoted from hoov:

Something around the Daisy May period.
Hmnn, maybe dirtflipper will sell me his...........probably not
I've had but sold Knock Out, Gypsy Queen, Universe, Queen of Hearts, and Silver.

Ah, I see. Those were some good ones!

#288 7 years ago

2 months later
#314 7 years ago

V nice condition, Otaku. I think you'll like it.

#315 7 years ago

On a side note..I was thinking Sittin' Pretty must be the 'King' of clown games.
20 (twenty) clowns represented on the bg-pf-apron. Everybody likes clowns, amirite?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#319 7 years ago

Thanks! The clowns aren't so prominent, but when I started counting them I thought it may be a 'record' for Gottlieb and their clowns. There are also two ladies Sittin pretty, for the record.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

One of the very toughest games to beat for sure!

Those upper side rollover lanes are the key to scoring. They are tucked-in up there, but you have to get at least one to light the 100k pops.

Alex, I seem to remember I may not have had the whole 'rule set' down when you came thru, and I think I gave some bad playing advice. You'll have to come back again and give it another whirl.

#331 7 years ago

Looks like a good one! Upper pf looks neat, love the four flippers. Never seen/played one before though.

#351 7 years ago

Probably showed this one before, but what the heck. Similar pf to Sittin' Pretty, but much different play, I feel, due to the objectives and animation.
Gottlieb 1958 Criss Cross
Roy Parker/Wayne Neyens
This one came from DirtFlipper

The goal is to get three pop bumpers lit up top on the pf, in a row, to win a replay. Like tic tac toe. They are color coded with the targets in the roto to light, along with the four drain lanes on the lower sides. The important white (center) pop bumper can also be lit with a skill shot/plunge thru the upper center lane. The Bullseye targets are cool, too. 100k for a direct hit, 50k if off-center.
Once you get the pop bumpers lit (100k) the scoring starts! If ALL bumpers are lit, then specials (replays) can be had from either hitting the roto target or draining in a gobble hole.

Getting three bumpers lit in a row for special is tough for me, but it's not terribly hard to keep this game going for a score replay. A beautiful Winter theme too, great game.

#361 7 years ago

Dancing Dolls
Gottlieb May 1960
Gottlieb's last game with bulb scoring!
(My Wagon Train is April 1960, and has reels)

Pretty neat bg animation. One marionette that has two 'spot lights' pointed at angles in the bg. Makes for two silhouettes that dance together or individually on the stage. Replays by score or points, and Match of course. Pretty simple object, light the tap dancers by landing in the corresponding kick out hole(s), or by hitting either of the two standing targets (These both also light the 100k pop bumpers and add to the score). One gobble hole that's low on the pf, and that is a tough one to avoid! Fun game.

This game came from DirtFlipper, and he noted that it's unique in that the animation (lighted dancers) lasts for the duration of the ball played, vs a singular event. A real looker!
*some light reflection on bg showing. (I have a new Shay glass on it that I was lucky to get

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

A restored Wood Rail would be nice tucked into a bedroom,as long as it was safe the night light would look cool.

You're single I presume.

1 week later
#367 7 years ago

'New' to me. Gottlieb's 1953 Quintette, in very nice original condition. Apron has a new decal, and two plastics are new, caps and everything else original. Just a couple small touch ups on the cab, but otherwise in amazing shape. Our friend DirtFlipper did the refreshing and tuning on this, and I was lucky to be able to pick it up from him.

Five gobble holes! But you need to light (lose your ball) up all five to win a replay/special(s). 'Spot em' feature randomly gives you one free lit at the start of game (liberal setting will spot you between 1-3, mine's set on conservative).

You can also go for sequential 1-6 caps, or for non-sequential A-D roll overs, for specials. Replays for score and points, too. Points are scored by hitting one of the five roll over buttons mid pf. These also will light a corresponding gobble hole. A lot going on.

No out lanes and a very small gap between the flippers makes it unique to what I've played before. My oldest game, and first woodrail pinball with wooden legs! Cool game.

#369 7 years ago

Hmm and 1950's Triplets.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Beautiful game. Congratulations. Love the art, the cabinet art deco look, DF restore, and overall condition.
And this is perhaps only the second game to feature a rebound special? Get 1 - 6 and alternating rebounds for special. I suspect this is very hard to do?!
Hawaiian Beauty is the other game with a rebound special.
Enjoy

Thanks. Yes it seems to be a challenge, so far I haven't been close to getting 1-6.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Congrats on the Quintette!
... but a tough game! She's a beauty and lots of goals to shoot for but those darn gobble holes are a challenge to dodge.
Here's a gameplay video I made when I owned the game. 'Yellow dot' coils installed because I cranked the rear levelers, as usual.
» YouTube video

Hey cool! I had watched that video probably twenty times trying to pick up the play on it. I knew I had a chance to buy one, and you had the only video I could find. Thanks!

Ps. And I've always wondered, did you ever get anything to eat that night?

#378 7 years ago

Roll over eyeballs!! Love it. Looks very nice, and that is an awesome way to record high scores. There could be a market for those

1 month later
#397 7 years ago

Nice! Pretty desirable title you have there. A keeper.

1 week later
#399 7 years ago

Wow are those before, or after pictures? Sweet!

4 weeks later
#413 7 years ago

Beautiful game! Great video too.

Good luck to your team today.

2 months later
#423 7 years ago

This Williams 21" was picked up from the beautiful state of Minnesota (DF has this one singing Maybe my new favorite back glass.

IMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPG

IMG_2325 (resized).JPGIMG_2325 (resized).JPG

IMG_2331 (resized).JPGIMG_2331 (resized).JPG

#424 7 years ago

You know it's too bad that some of these old beauties have to be squeezed in somewhere.

IMG_2333 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPG

IMG_2335 (resized).JPGIMG_2335 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#618 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The ones that get the most play, stay.

Stay in the garage?

#621 5 years ago

I was just kidding around. I know the grill was close by too, so that is the preemo location

2 years later
#1241 3 years ago

Here’s a 1953 Gtb Quintette. I’ve showed it here before, but since it’s for sale...here it goes again. It’s my oldest, but nicest original pinball, all things considered. The legendary DirtFlipper did the clean up on this, and was nice enough to part with it a couple few years back. I’m anticipating a move next year so I’m selling a bunch of my games. I have some other woodies listed too (All DF specials).

5 gobble holes! Many ways to win credits, including landing in the gobble holes! See, gobble holes aren’t all bad.
All original, beautiful pf and caps.
Game in the Madison WI area.
86A1EB6A-B8C2-4CF5-86C3-6F55EDDD1CD6 (resized).jpeg86A1EB6A-B8C2-4CF5-86C3-6F55EDDD1CD6 (resized).jpeg56ABD727-E8A3-4308-B349-DE50A517FF83 (resized).jpeg56ABD727-E8A3-4308-B349-DE50A517FF83 (resized).jpeg1A8F44CE-C746-4380-A6D7-FCEA5EE88385 (resized).jpeg1A8F44CE-C746-4380-A6D7-FCEA5EE88385 (resized).jpegD83A919C-9FCB-485B-A77F-8332615C8971 (resized).jpegD83A919C-9FCB-485B-A77F-8332615C8971 (resized).jpegE3E70FDD-1F30-4189-AABF-134596466FB4 (resized).jpegE3E70FDD-1F30-4189-AABF-134596466FB4 (resized).jpeg

#1244 3 years ago

Yes, sold, sorry. I’m keeping my listings current.
Shouldn’t every EM collection have a wood rail?
Sittin’ Pretty is going to a good home.
20 clowns represented on Sittin’ Pretty. Gtb was known for their clowns, and Sittin’ Pretty was king of the clowns.
Lloyd had some great posts re a Sittin’ Pretty.
A tear jerker, a sad story with good memories, but real emotions with pinball. I always thought of those posts while playing.

1 month later
#1264 3 years ago

Decided to keep my Quintette. Was for sale...but made room by putting a Fooseball for sale
Too nice to let go! Moved some stuff around, and now it’s cemented in place in the game room.
Just can’t find originals like this, so I’ll keep playing, and getting beat down, by all those gobble holes

BBCCCCED-83A1-4E65-9195-BD33F00F1D14 (resized).jpegBBCCCCED-83A1-4E65-9195-BD33F00F1D14 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider presqueisle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woodrail-pinballs?tu=presqueisle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.