20231104_171815.jpg
20231104_171215.jpg
20231104_171031.jpg
20231104_171040.jpg
20230830_182545 (resized).jpg
20230830_182507 (resized).jpg
20230826_171502 (resized).jpg
Mickey Fantasia (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Crossword looks like a really cool melding of Bingo pinball and classic pinball. The letter matrix seems somewhat equivalent of a bingo card.
Very cool game! Never seen it before.

1959 Bally 'Crosswords'.

image-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

image-6 (resized).jpgimage-6 (resized).jpg

image-9 (resized).jpgimage-9 (resized).jpg

#578 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Beautiful game Dennis.....cabinet shape is awesome too!

Thanks Vic. It came from Phil Hooper's collection many years ago.

#579 5 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Dennis, I hadn't noticed in other pics that it uses the coin entrance from the one balls! (Or maybe I just forgot) Nickle vacuum. Very neat.

Yup. Maybe they had some left over.

#580 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thanks Vic. It came from Phil Hooper's collection many years ago.

I should add that Phil took all of the proceeds of this sale, and a few other games as I remember, and donated it to the relief fund after the 1989 Northern California earthquake. (He lives in the area) One of the nicest and most generous people you will ever meet.

At the same time, Williams announced that they would donate a portion of every Earthshaker! sale to the relief fund. That game had been released earlier in the year. I believe that the late, great Steve Kordek originated this idea.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

So funny Dennis...I almost posted pics of "Spelling Bee", which is the other version of this unique game when I saw cait001 comment too! I have one of those, but it's in the project pile, and not nearly as good looking as yours...well done!! )
Oh what the hell...here's mine. I will certainly keep in mind you have this game when I get around to restoring it...

Thanks for posting the Spelling Bee photos.

Does your game not have a replay register? The backglass photo is dark and it is hard to tell if it is there or not.
If there is no register, that would help explain the puzzler as to why all of the Spelling Bees I have seen have replay registers and have exactly the same game play as Crosswords. Even the tags in the heads are labeled "Crosswords".

I am just guessing that some Crosswords may have Spelling Bee glasses with the replay window scraped open.

Could you please note the serial number on your game? Thanks.

Hoping that your game does not have the register. That would make Spelling Bee a true non-replay game.

#587 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Is that some kind of extra coin lot located on the left front corner of the cabinet. could it be for some kind of hopper payout?

Good eye Vic. Looks like a Bally payout cup to me.

image-11 (resized).jpgimage-11 (resized).jpg

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

The Crosswords doesn't look like there are any large payouts. What is the most amount of replays a player can win in one game?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#623 5 years ago

My son Sean's latest restoration. He just keeps getting better and better! Nice work son. You make me proud.

1 week later
#643 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here is a posting from North New Jersey craigslist for woodrails....might be just parts?
newjersey.craigslist.org link

Possibly from the Silverman auction?

6 months later
#761 5 years ago

That button looks really low on the cabinet. Can you even reach it with your hands on the front rail? Probably something in the way inside preventing them from installing it higher on the cab.

2 months later
#796 5 years ago

First camera? I'm sorry. I could not resist. Fun game.

9 months later
#1052 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looking for a small step switch - 10,000 unit - for a 1951 GTB Niagara. Mine looks to be missing the bell, clapper, and possibly some switch parts. I haven't seen a pic of it yet as my oldest GTB factory catalog is Volume D, and the one in there is different. If anyone has a pic of it please post or send it to me. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image]

This is from the 1953 manual. Hope it helps.

img20200201_11240151 (resized).jpgimg20200201_11240151 (resized).jpg
7 months later
#1234 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
5 months later
#1333 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I just learned something watching American Pickers. 1960 Gottlieb "Wagon Train" is actually from the late '40s!

I saw that too. Oh well. Just a decade off. Caught a glimpse of a Williams Quarterback and a Williams Ringer too. Many other games there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woodrail-pinballs?tu=dennisdodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.