20231104_171031.jpg
20231104_171040.jpg
20230830_182545 (resized).jpg
20230830_182507 (resized).jpg
20230826_171502 (resized).jpg
Mickey Fantasia (resized).JPG
One Grand Blitz (resized).png
Rocket Ship Smaller (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 7 years ago

Interesting thread. I have thought about woodrails too, and have pondered if I should get one example. I am thinking I'd like to find one really nice woodrail.... Maybe I should start looking ! Probably would be nice to have at least one. Would be tough to pass up a really nice one...

#112 7 years ago

More great pictures and posts. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to find a nice woodrail ! The vertical games posted earlier - don't think I ever seen one of those. Lots of attractive games too - Lady Robin Hood I have seen before and definitely catches the eye. Many others too. All the games posted up are nice. I am sure there are many titles that would suit my want. Will have to start looking. Anybody not too far from me have a nice one they want to part with ?

#135 7 years ago

Always good to have a Woodie of one sort or another.

#141 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Unless you grew up with them (as I did too), EMs are pretty much an acquired taste now. Not really surprising though is it?
Woodrails even more so. Speaking of which, I'm offering opportunities to acquire tasteful games from my personal collection:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tims_pinball_pics/albums
Just add love!

I enjoyed looking at your photos on your flicker page of games. Nice pictures. It was fun to look at them. Nice camera work and enjoyable looking at closeups etc and general shots. Nice camera work.

#151 7 years ago

Great post Shapeshifter lot's of nice detailed information.

Going to have to work on finding a nice woodrail for myself. Sounds like everybody should have at least one. I really like the artwork on the woodrails and it's sounds like they are fun to play too. Sign me up.

#168 7 years ago

I like that Rockettes glass too !

1 week later
#196 7 years ago

Coed and Bowler look like nice games. Bowler is very Classy looking. Like that cabinet art. Eye catching. You guys and your woodrails. Sure makes me want to get one !

#197 7 years ago

Ok I'm in - I picked up a woodrail today ! It's a project, but it's a start. Title sucked me in and it was close by so what the heck ...

Appropriately the title is WISCONSIN. United 1948. First United game with flippers aka control kickers.

wisconsin_pinball_flyer_(resized).jpgwisconsin_pinball_flyer_(resized).jpg

#198 7 years ago

Some quick pictures of Wisconsin woodrail

DSCN7334_(resized).JPGDSCN7334_(resized).JPG

DSCN7340_(resized).JPGDSCN7340_(resized).JPG

DSCN7336_(resized).JPGDSCN7336_(resized).JPG

DSCN7338_(resized).JPGDSCN7338_(resized).JPG

#202 7 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

******* Very Nice ******
Doesn't look like much of a 'Project' to me.....

Hasn't run in many years. Backglass is flaking. (those aren't seagulls over the water - that's paint loss )

Was sitting in a garage where it apparently had sat for a long time. No rodents or any serious damage though.

My first experience with a woodrail and since it's not running I'll call it a project - at least for me it is.

DSCN7333_(resized).JPGDSCN7333_(resized).JPG

1 month later
#271 7 years ago

Backglass is neat and I like the playfield and it's layout.

6 months later
#416 7 years ago

oldcarz

Nice collection of woodrails ! Rose Bowl sure is pretty along with the all the others in your pictures. Big thumbs up.

#420 7 years ago

That is a heck of a game room - all those beautiful woodrails. WOW

The artwork on the cabinets and backglasses, playfields is so great. Those are so wonderful condition !

3 months later
#451 6 years ago

I think somebody with good woodworking skills could make one if you even found a terrible or broken one to copy. If you are good maybe even without a copy and a few measurements and sketch/ photos from somebody that has one.

1 year later
#696 5 years ago

After pictures of Roto Pool look great ! Very Nice job.

One day I'd like to have one really nice Woodrail.... I like keeping track of this thread and seeing all the nice games.

1 week later
#697 5 years ago

Thanks for the reach out from a fellow pinsider. Too bad you aren't closer....

4 months later
#791 4 years ago

Picked up a woodrail last weekend. Pretty cool. Has 4 flippers.

1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG

#793 4 years ago

I'd take a Whoa Nellie too ! On my wish list.

Pictures have some glare as I left the glass on and shot the photos rather quickly. My Straight Shooter has two coin mechs. On my game the left one is for nickels and gives you a single play. The right one takes quarters and is set for 5 plays.

Higher steady earnings in my basement is a lofty goal. See game sales flyer.

straight shooter flyer (resized).jpgstraight shooter flyer (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#806 4 years ago

Reference post #791 Straight Shooter

Might put it up for sale. I bought a couple of new games and space as always is an issue. The woodrail would be the odd man out. Nice game but it's the one that has the least connection to my current collection. Fortunately and Unfortunately lineups can change and games happen.

1 month later
#814 4 years ago

I need space ! Help me out.

Machine - For Sale
Straight Shooter Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Straight Shooter. Plays great. Shay Repro Backglass. New playfield plastics. New Backglass and plastics are about Five hundred dollars in upgrades alone... Nice playfield and soli...”
2019-05-22
Grafton, WI
900 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 142 times

1 year later
#1319 3 years ago

This looks great in this thread too ! Really impressed.

2 months later
#1358 2 years ago

Looking awesome so far !

3 months later
#1447 2 years ago

Sea Wolf playfield looks interesting. Bet it is fun to play.

2 weeks later
#1465 2 years ago

Very nice looking Nags !

1 week later
#1509 2 years ago

That Rocket Ship really looks nice !

Very nice wood rail line up you have going. Two thumbs up.

#1517 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

For a guy that isn't into woodrails you sure have a hell of a collection.

I wouldn't mind owning that row.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/woodrail-pinballs?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.