Topic Stats

• 692 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by jsf24
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 450 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Gottlieb Watch My Line 4 (resized).jpg
Watch my Line before 10 (resized).jpg
Watch my Line before 6 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb Watch My Line 3 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.06.40 AM (resized).png
DSCN1602 (resized).JPG
Foto3 (resized).jpg
Foto2 (resized).jpg
Williams Reno pinball (resized).jpg
PM05-magazine (resized).jpg
20180901_231118 (resized).jpg
20180908_100932 (resized).jpg
20180908_100940 (resized).jpg
DSCN1600 (resized).JPG
20180728_142224 (resized).jpg
20180728_142211 (resized).jpg

There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 3 months ago
Quoted from tomcons:

My favorite restoration, from a couple of years back - a '52 Gottlieb Happy Days, a real favorite when I was a kid. It apparently sat for years derelict in a shed in Mississippi with a bunch of other woodrails when the Coinopwarehouse folks found it.

No playfield glass, so the playfield was a total mess - scratched, filthy and worn, the rubbers all melted onto the surface, and the plastics completely toasted. Luckily the unique playfield inserts and most of the bumper caps were still there.
Relays and other parts had been cannibalized, some coils were fried, plus a hard-to-find mis-wire that took a friend & I many hours to sort out.

Playfield cleaning underway.

As would have been expected, the backglass was in bad shape as well.

On the other hand, the cabinet was in excellent condition.

After lots of touchups to the playfield and new plastics. And a new backglass from Shay Arcade Group. Turned out pretty good.

Turned out great, Tom! Kudos to you for rescuing another classic.
But, what happened to the other games in that shed? I see a "Frontiersman" and a "Lady Luck" in there!

#652 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Turned out great, Tom! Kudos to you for rescuing another classic.
But, what happened to the other games in that shed? I see a "Frontiersman" and a "Lady Luck" in there!

From what I recall, Coinopwarehouse had around 30-40 woodrails and a couple of bingos & other arcade games from that shed on the floor at their old place in Gaithersburg. The games were in pretty bad shape overall but there were some nice ones. At the time, I was really only interested in the Happy Days. Wish I had a do-over for that...

What happened to the rest, I don't know.

Here's a couple more pics of the shed contents:
222048_10150180702772375_2199634_n1 (resized).jpg
225089_10150180784962375_8381726_n (resized).jpg

This pic is on their loading dock when they were unloading. The Happy Days is on the left, beside the Jalopy.
at warehouse 05-11 (resized).jpg

#653 3 months ago
Quoted from tomcons:

rubbers all melted onto the surface

Looks great. It's worth putting a lot of work into the restoration if the game has sentimental value like yours does.

Were the rubbers hardened and stuck to the playfield? If so what did you use to soften or clean them off?

#654 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Were the rubbers hardened and stuck to the playfield? If so what did you use to soften or clean them off?

Yeah, rubber had gone pretty much solid. And glued to the playfield. I tried a lot of things, but best result was with iso alcohol, which loosened some of it. But most of it had to be chipped away and that took the ink with it. It was a mess.

#655 3 months ago
Quoted from tomcons:

Yeah, rubber had gone pretty much solid. And glued to the playfield. I tried a lot of things, but best result was with iso alcohol, which loosened some of it. But most of it had to be chipped away and that took the ink with it. It was a mess.

That's what I'm facing. I'm planning to try warming them with a hair dryer and using plastic razor blades.

#656 3 months ago

Earlier this year I worked on a Chicago Coin Fox Hunt with big pools of rubber bonded to the playfield. I had to use a steady hand and a sharp xacto knife to get it off.

#657 3 months ago

That's what I'm facing. I'm planning to try warming them with a hair dryer and using plastic razor blades.

I tried heating it but not much success. Next time I might try cooling it with electronics duster can, maybe that will shrink it a bit. Otherwise it will be iso + exacto again.

#658 3 months ago

I picked up this Gottlieb queen of diamonds. I'm thinking of selling. Backglass has some flaking, cabinet kind of rough. I cant find any previous sales on this site. How do I know where to start pricing? It was just shopped and works fine.

15317754646134549773004868249880 (resized).jpg
#659 3 months ago

The 2017 Mr. Pinball price guide has it at $1000.
Subtract a few bucks for the backglass and keep your fingers crossed.
It isn't an easy one to sell.
GLWTS,
Walt

#660 3 months ago

I think that's a bit high. It's a fairly common woodrail title, not a terribly good player, and considering it's condition and the going rate for woodrails lately, I'd say it's worth about $650 on the high side.

1 week later
#661 78 days ago

1953 Gottlieb Flying High. Photographed 2 of the leg adjusters that are on my pin. Can they be identified? The one on the left has a patent number which is unreadable, only can read "Patent ____ _5999". The one on the right has no script.

20180728_142211 (resized).jpg
20180728_142224 (resized).jpg

#662 78 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

1953 Gottlieb Flying High. Photographed 2 of the leg adjusters that are on my pin. Can they be identified? The one on the left has a patent number which is unreadable, only can read "Patent ___ 5999". The one on the right has no script.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I've never seen the type pictured on the left. I have several of the type on the right.

#663 78 days ago

Thinking, that the one on the left is from some kind of furniture, or a hardware store replacement.

1 month later
#664 19 days ago

Here is another 1953 Flying High question.

DSCN1600 (resized).JPG

The 2 upper Blue and White Passive Bumpers, do they use a different bulb? The 47's are to tall. Is it possible that the white body has shrunk/melted, as it appears these 2 bulbs stay on all the time.

#665 19 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Here is another 1953 Flying High question.
[quoted image]
The 2 upper Blue and White Passive Bumpers, do they use a different bulb? The 47's are to tall. Is it possible that the white body has shrunk/melted, as it appears these 2 bulbs stay on all the time.

I don't know if they stay on all the time but buy a box of #51's They put out the perfect glow in the caps and I call them "shorty bulbs" Trust me they looked awesome in all my games especially Slick Chick.

#666 18 days ago

This was my setup at the recent Vancouver Flipout, 6 woodrails plus a Zeke's Peak and a Bally Skill Roll.

There was quite a bit of interest in the games, unfortunately I wasn't able to spend as much time taliking with people about them as i would have liked.

Next year I hope to have a few more and run a woodrail tournament if i can get them all working perfectly.

20180908_100932 (resized).jpg20180908_100940 (resized).jpg
#667 18 days ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I don't know if they stay on all the time but buy a box of #51's They put out the perfect glow in the caps and I call them "shorty bulbs" Trust me they looked awesome in all my games especially Slick Chick.

+1

#668 18 days ago

I came across this Dancing Dolls that is supposed to be a wood rail.
Guy I bought it from said it was some type of prototype that he purchased from a Gottlieb family member many years ago.
I dont know how true it is but it's in my garage now

20180901_231118 (resized).jpg
#669 18 days ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Thanks Dan, that solved the problem.

#670 17 days ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

This was my setup at the recent Vancouver Flipout, 6 woodrails plus a Zeke's Peak and a Bally Skill Roll.
There was quite a bit of interest in the games, unfortunately I wasn't able to spend as much time taliking with people about them as i would have liked.
Next year I hope to have a few more and run a woodrail tournament if i can get them all working perfectly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, DGPinball! What a great line-up. SOOO cool of you to bring all these woodies for the public to enjoy. Wish I was closer. I would have spent a lot of time in that area. Haha! I've always wanted to play a Jack n' Jill. Never seen one in person yet.

#671 17 days ago
Quoted from Elevatorman:

I came across this Dancing Dolls that is supposed to be a wood rail.
Guy I bought it from said it was some type of prototype that he purchased from a Gottlieb family member many years ago.
I dont know how true it is but it's in my garage now
[quoted image]

You can compare your machine to the one on IPDB that is also supposedly a prototype:
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dancing+dolls&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5902

That cab is strange...I don't recognize it from any other GTB titles, although I could be not thinking of a few, and it doesn't appear to be a wedgehead, yet the cabinet and head pattern match. So the theory that someone threw this in a used cabinet from a later game seems less likely in this case. I've seen that type of thing alot...

#672 17 days ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Can you please post pics of your skill roll? I love those.

#673 17 days ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

You can compare your machine to the one on IPDB that is also supposedly a prototype:
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dancing+dolls&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5902
That cab is strange...I don't recognize it from any other GTB titles, although I could be not thinking of a few, and it doesn't appear to be a wedgehead, yet the cabinet and head pattern match. So the theory that someone threw this in a used cabinet from a later game seems less likely in this case. I've seen that type of thing alot...

This has been discussed already here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-dancing-dolls-prototype#post-4573362

#674 13 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Thanks Dan, that solved the problem.

Anytime Glad I could help.

#675 12 days ago

For anybody who owns a classic woodrail or a Neyens game, this magazine is a must have.

Fantastic, detailed interview and tons of pictures. Weighs a ton!

http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=3749

PM05-magazine (resized).jpg
#677 10 days ago

Something you don't see often. A $100 Williams Reno woodrail for sale in Ohio on the closed FB group, "Pinball for Sale". (There's already interest in it from a local Ohio pinballer)

Williams Reno pinball (resized).jpg
#678 10 days ago

Something you don't see often. A $100 Williams Reno woodrail for sale in Ohio on the closed FB group, "Pinball for Sale". (There's already interest in it from a local Ohio pinballer)[quoted image]

Bought a "Reno" about ten years ago out of a garage in southern NJ for $100. Mine was in better condition that this one.

#679 8 days ago

A fellow collector in USA sold this Nine Sisters game to me a couple of months ago. It needs restoration. I am looking forward to see the "Whirlygig" (ramp) in action! Even though this game has one flipper only, I think it will play pretty well. The backglass is bad, so I am making a new silkscreen backglass in my workshop.

Foto2 (resized).jpgFoto3 (resized).jpg
#680 8 days ago

that Nine Sisters machine looks so amazing! What a unique find.

#681 8 days ago
Quoted from cait001:

that Nine Sisters machine looks so amazing! What a unique find.

agreed. I always thought this was a fun looking game. Anyone in the USA have one for sale, please hit me up!

#682 8 days ago
Quoted from PinballPianist:

I am looking forward to see the "Whirlygig" (ramp) in action!

Yes, a ramp and a single flipper, can't wait to see it in action.

#683 7 days ago

I have played Nine Sisters at both Clay's VFW hall in Michigan
and Randy Peck's Pike's arcade in Long Beach
and it is a surprisingly fun playing and addictive pin.

#684 7 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have played Nine Sisters at both Clay's VFW hall in Michigan
and Randy Peck's Pike's arcade in Long Beach
and it is a surprisingly fun playing and addictive pin.

Ok nice! How strong was the flipper at those games? I think the flipper of my game is a bit too powerful, the ball jumps over the trap hole, all the way up the plastic shield. Did that happen too when you played the games at Clay's and Randy's?

#685 6 days ago
Quoted from PinballPianist:

Did that happen too when you played the games at Clay's and Randy's?

I do not recall any problems with the flipper being too strong. You may want to check your game to see if coil is original or modern replacement.

#686 3 days ago

Can you identify this Coin Door? Here is a hint, Pinside does not have it as a listed game.

DSCN1602 (resized).JPG
It was in the Flying High parts game I bought.

#687 3 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Can you identify this Coin Door? Here is a hint, Pinside does not have it as a listed game.
[quoted image]
It was in the Flying High parts game I bought.

I believe it's from Watch My Line. What a crazy playfield layout.

#688 2 days ago
Quoted from jsf24:

I believe it's from Watch My Line. What a crazy playfield layout.

Yes, that is the answer. It has a 1930's style figure 8 playfield. Can't be that many left. 1 Pinsider had or has 1.

#689 2 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Yes, that is the answer. It has a 1930's style figure 8 playfield. Can't be that many left. 1 Pinsider had or has 1.

I had a WML several years ago and sold it. Here's a few pix of it.
Joel

Gottlieb Watch My Line 3 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2018-10-12 at 10.06.40 AM (resized).pngWatch my Line before 10 (resized).jpgWatch my Line before 6 (resized).jpg
#690 2 days ago

Score card image please.....

#691 2 days ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Score card image please.....

This is the best that I could find from the old pix... It looks like a fabricated card...

Joel

Gottlieb Watch My Line 4 (resized).jpg
#692 2 days ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I know of one that was for sale. Anyone interested please PM me and I will inquire if it's still available and pass your information along.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
$ 15.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 20.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 4,900.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 692 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside