Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Golden Bells Wood Rail detai (resized).jpg
Wood Rail details.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 3 years ago

I have a Williams 1958 machine but the cabinet has been replaced with one from a later Metal Rail Williams machine that is near-identical in build. Can anyone provide tech drawings, pictures or sketches on the dimensions, profiles and method of fitting Wood Rails and Back-Glass Surround on late 1950's Williams machines? I was planning on making some Wood Rails myself but, alternatively, does anyone know of a supplier in the UK of old stock or reproduction rails?

1 week later
#2 3 years ago

Can anyone provide any information on the construction and fitting of Wood Rails on late 1950's Williams Pinball machines? I have derived this spec from basic principals looking at pictures of machines between 1957 and 1959 but I have found two methods of attachment to the cabinet:

1. "On Williams games they were nailed originally on top and sides with small head nails and the holes filled prior lacquering", reference pinside post "Williams 58 Short Stop Restoration Project - Complete".

2. Some pictures show that the Wood Rail is attached to an Alumina rail that forms the inner side rail, as in my pic from Golden Bells, reference ipdb "https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1045&picno=28727".

Unfortunately, new Wood Rails do not appear to be available in the UK and I have no reference machines to copy. I want to make my own rails but I also want them to be authentic copies of the originals and I do not have the original Wood Rails to copy! I could also use some specs for the Lock-Down Bar and Back-Box Surround.

Golden Bells Wood Rail detai (resized).jpgGolden Bells Wood Rail detai (resized).jpgWood Rail details.pdfWood Rail details.pdf

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wood-rails-tech-details and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.