(Topic ID: 245950)

Wonkavision is LIVE and on the AIR! - The Jersey Jackpot, My dear sir!

By wesman

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka (resized).jpg
D191E1B7-B001-4B17-A8D2-D7631C9A5F8E (resized).png
20190627_115556 (resized).jpg
20190627_124805 (resized).jpg
20190625_162350 (resized).jpg
20190625_162136 (resized).jpg
20190625_150231 (resized).jpg
20190625_150815 (resized).jpg
20190625_150231 (resized).jpg
20190625_150815 (resized).jpg
20190625_144628 (resized).jpg
20190625_144617 (resized).jpg
20190625_144609 (resized).jpg
20190625_144603 (resized).jpg
20190625_144553 (resized).jpg
20190625_144532 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I scored 1.087m this morning, knocking my wife off the GC score. That help?

Are the 6 mini playfield magnets implemented well with the code? I haven't heard much talk about what they do in gameplay and I don't think they were active back in April when I played the prototype.

#121 4 years ago

I stopped out Schwoegler's in Madison for an hour today and played 10 games so figured i'd give some quick thoughts. My first few games were lousy but once I got a feel for the shots I started doing better. I think my last 3 games were all above 600K with my final game high score being just over 850K. I figured that was a good note to leave on since there were other people waiting to play the game which is a good sign for a Sunday afternoon in the middle of Summer.

The layout and gameplay gets a 10 from me. Great mix of easy and challenging shots, and a number of unique shots from each flipper. This is Pat Lawlor's best layout and is probably his best game overall.-and I've owned games like TZ and a Collector's quality Whirlwind. It's his best flowing game yet. Rules seem solid and not overly deep or complex which I think is a positive. Ball times are shorter than games like Hobbit or JPOTC and the rule-set seems to match up well for the layout. The game is more about making strategic choices and getting the right stacks in place. I still have a lot to learn as far as the rules go as I prefer to discover stuff as I go vs. seeing it on a video or reading about it.

I got to play at least a few of the modes and saw at least 4 different multiballs (Slugworth, Gobstopper, Kid, Oompa Loompa?) I had the third lock lit for Wonkavator MB but couldn't hit that shot cleanly for the life of me! I wasn't even aware that there was an Oompa Loompa MB but i reached it a couple times. I thought the light show was awesome, I really like the Gobstopper mech as it is really fair and doesn't give many rejects. The 6 mini playfield magnets did mess with the ball a bit and add some randomness but they were pretty subtle overall. The game's audio is probably one of the game's only weak points but i didn't think it was bad by any means. I certainly wouldn't stop me from ordering a game. It just isn't up to the standard of other JJP games like WOZ, Hobbit or JPOTC.

Overall though I think the game is great and will be a big hit for JJP. The only thing holding me back from selling a game and calling Kingpin Games to order one is that I will have at least 3 of them to play on location and have several friends' ordering the game as well so I will have plenty of opportunities to play it. I hope JJP continues selling their Standard models for $7500 as I think the game has a lot of value for the money. I really don't think you are missing that much going down from the LE. The Wonkavator lock shot isn't something you have to hit that often and I think the game looks full enough without it.-it doesn't seem lacking to me and I would be 100% happy with a SE. I think as people play the game more and more the reviews will get better for the game. For a game that's only been out for a week the game (and code) is very good and should continue to get better!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonkavision-is-live-and-on-the-air-the-jersey-jackpot-my-dear-sir?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.