(Topic ID: 245950)

Wonkavision is LIVE and on the AIR! - The Jersey Jackpot, My dear sir!

By wesman

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wonka (resized).jpg
D191E1B7-B001-4B17-A8D2-D7631C9A5F8E (resized).png
20190627_115556 (resized).jpg
20190627_124805 (resized).jpg
20190625_162350 (resized).jpg
20190625_162136 (resized).jpg
20190625_150231 (resized).jpg
20190625_150815 (resized).jpg
20190625_150231 (resized).jpg
20190625_150815 (resized).jpg
20190625_144628 (resized).jpg
20190625_144617 (resized).jpg
20190625_144609 (resized).jpg
20190625_144603 (resized).jpg
20190625_144553 (resized).jpg
20190625_144532 (resized).jpg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Many thanks to cjmjmm2006 from Starport Arcade, chrisb from Helicon Brewing, and of course everyone at Jersey Jack Pinball for providing this delicious treat of a game!

20190625_144532 (resized).jpg20190625_144532 (resized).jpg20190625_144553 (resized).jpg20190625_144553 (resized).jpg20190625_144603 (resized).jpg20190625_144603 (resized).jpg20190625_144609 (resized).jpg20190625_144609 (resized).jpg20190625_144617 (resized).jpg20190625_144617 (resized).jpg20190625_144628 (resized).jpg20190625_144628 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Congrats!

How's the code?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Congrats!
How's the code?

JJP just posted new updated code like 10 min ago..

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/ww/wonka_changelog.txt

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Congrats!
How's the code?

I can't quite say, though it does seem like the movie clips went to full screen, and lost the grain.

Chris is going to get the update going now.

Having only played this prior at MGC with five other games going, I can definitely say I like the sound package in this quieter setting than before. Things feel a bit more subdued.

#5 4 years ago
20190625_150231 (resized).jpg20190625_150231 (resized).jpg20190625_150815 (resized).jpg20190625_150815 (resized).jpg
#6 4 years ago

This is so exciting!

#7 4 years ago

Looks lovely, has the right hand sling shot star post sunk or is it a trick of the light?

#8 4 years ago

Anyone notice the one skinny and star post on the right sling, Weird combo wonder what the reasoning is?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone notice the one skinny and star post on the right sling, Weird combo wonder what the reasoning is?

Dialed in has that also I noticed.

Quoted from mufcmufc:

Looks lovely, has the right hand sling shot star post sunk or is it a trick of the light?

I think that's just lighting. Wasn't sure, but I also thought it might be a mylar ring actually.

#10 4 years ago

Thank you for sharing the pictures the game looks great.

#11 4 years ago

Everybody is itching to see if sounds and video is improved with latest update.Can you give us your opinion on game?

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Thank you for sharing the pictures the game looks great.

No problem man! Still here for awhile, if you want any specific shots, feel free to let me know.

Quoted from romulusx:

Everybody is itching to see if sounds and video is improved with latest update.Can you give us your opinion on game?

I really feel like the music is a bit toned down from the first reveal, like it's not as abrasive as I initially felt. Some of the video is full screen, that didn't seem to be before, some is still a smaller 4×3, like the bubble sequence. There's a fun bit of German Oompah style music during that sequence actually!

#13 4 years ago

Honestly, I'm not sure if Grandpa is in this version for callouts.

#14 4 years ago

I know we've seen it before, but man that back left corner looks empty! Happy with my decision that I didn't pay $2k for the Wonkavator, but still - whatever the best mod is that fills that back left corner is gonna be a MUST HAVE mod.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I know we've seen it before, but man that back left corner looks empty! Happy with my decision that I didn't pay $2k for the Wonkavator, but still - whatever the best mod is that fills that back left corner is gonna be a MUST HAVE mod.

Le has much more than just that... but the se is a nice buy...

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Le has much more than just that... but the se is a nice buy...

Wonkavator is the only thing I care about that can't be added aftermarket (shaker, glass, painted rails).

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Even some type of backboard decal to add some color.

#18 4 years ago

It definitely looks barren back there, a lot of room for a nice size chocolate factory model.

#19 4 years ago

Love the flow, but it also feels satisfying using the shots to climb to the top of the game.

#20 4 years ago

It’s hard to believe they stuck with the plastic-encased margarine box. I hope someone comes up with a nice replacement. Everything else looks great!

I can’t wait to see and hear some streams of the new code.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

It’s hard to believe they stuck with the plastic-encased margarine box. I hope someone comes up with a nice replacement. Everything else looks great!
I can’t wait to see and hear some streams of the new code.

Allready a nice upgrade by the mod couple

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

It definitely looks barren back there, a lot of room for a nice size chocolate factory model.

Lord. The creative folk seem to be living in the JJP Pirates thread only it seems.

Just put in a digital chocolate waterfall and digital choco river and call it a day..still can't believe that wasn't in the game to begin with.

It's arguably even more iconic from the movie than the Gobstoppers.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Has it caused the clear to start chipping yet? J/K

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Allready a nice upgrade by the mod couple

Yeah, I’ve seen it, and I may end up going with it, but I don’t know if the factory idea works for me. If nothing else, a factory is ridiculously out of scale with a giant Gobstopper sitting right next to it. I realize things don’t have to be to scale, but something a little smaller (in idea, not actual size) and less ambitious might look like it belongs better.

The Mod Couple’s factory is definitely superior to JJP’s plastic box, but I could see myself just as happy or more so with something like “the last case of unopened Wonka Bars in existence.“

#25 4 years ago

Game looks amazing, I cannot wait to try it here in Australia when it arrives here sometime next year haha

Questions:
Is it as smooth of a shooter as everyone says it is?
Does it feel like a slot machine with the sound effects?
Is there audio from the movie in here at all?

I think this is a game where they got the basics down extremely well, and will absolutely POP with mods! There are so many to choose from. I know the SE looks a bit empty in the back but it allows for a huge Mod opportunity (albeit non-interactive).

Overall it feels like although it is slightly paired down with the bells and whistles (compared to previous JJP games, but still miles ahead of current Stern games), the positive is that the reliability has hopefully been increased to the point where operators get more confident to place these games on site!

#26 4 years ago

Great day for JJP. Now I’m sure all the attention will switch to GNR. When when when???

I can’t wait to get my Wonka it will have a home right next to WOZ of POTC.

Can’t wait. Congrats to the people who already got their Wonka.

#27 4 years ago

wow helicon can't be beat. Seriously - 1st in the entire country.....again (POTC #1). Great job.

Looks like I can stop by tomorrow to finally get my hands on this game. I'm REALLY happy to hear that it seems like audio is a little better. Any update to that damn announcer? I really hope it was fixed. Will give my full impressions hopefully tomorrow.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Wonkavator is the only thing I care about that can't be added aftermarket (shaker, glass, painted rails).

exactly - SE no question on this one.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Game looks amazing, I cannot wait to try it here in Australia when it arrives here sometime next year haha
Questions:
Is it as smooth of a shooter as everyone says it is? As smooth as DI, if not more.
Does it feel like a slot machine with the sound effects? Sounds like the sound effects in the movie, but crisper.
Is there audio from the movie in here at all? All the call outs you could expect from the movie, there are a ton in there on the 1.06 code.
I think this is a game where they got the basics down extremely well, and will absolutely POP with mods! There are so many to choose from. I know the SE looks a bit empty in the back but it allows for a huge Mod opportunity (albeit non-interactive).
Overall it feels like although it is slightly paired down with the bells and whistles (compared to previous JJP games, but still miles ahead of current Stern games), the positive is that the reliability has hopefully been increased to the point where operators get more confident to place these games on site!

This is not slightly paired down at all, it has more bells and whistles than Dialed In or Woz.
The game comes packaged tighter than a sardine can. Bravo to JJP for stepping up their game and raising the bar yet again.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

This is not slightly paired down at all, it has more bells and whistles than Dialed In or Woz.
The game comes packaged tighter than a sardine can. Bravo to JJP for stepping up their game and raising the bar yet again.

sorry but you're out of your mind if you think it has more bells and whistles than dialed in or Woz. Factually, not even an opinion, it does not have more bells and whistles as those two absolutely blow this game out of the water when it comes to innovation and substance.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

exactly - SE no question on this one.

So pro deadpool is horrible and a waste compared to the premium and wonka se is supreme to the le/ce... lol.. ok mister supreme pin master... whatever model delt wants/gets is the must have and what everyone sld get. O yea and earthshaker is now a 3k pin....you sure have changed a lot over the years and i hope the lesser spoken man who didnt always think his opinion was the only right one ..shows back up again.

#32 4 years ago

Wonka has a lot going on .. not necessarily toys that interact with the ball but the layout with 4 flippers, 3 ramps with the diverters and ball locks and magnets make it fell like so much more than woz and di. Not to mention all shots and the insert lighting it has. There's a lot packed in this standard body pin and it plays so much better than woz and feels better to shoot than di imo. There's more to a pin than toys imo. The layout and different ball paths are what make a pin stand out ...

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So pro deadpool is horrible and a waste compared to the premium and wonka se is supreme to the le/ce... lol.. ok mister supreme pin master... whatever model delt wants/gets is the must have and what everyone sld get. O yea and earthshaker is now a 3k pin....you sure have changed a lot over the years and i hope the lesser spoken man who didnt always think his opinion was the only right one ..shows back up again.

haha - if you rewind the clock, you'll realize I always speak out and voice my opinion. That has never changed - never will. I'm 100% genuine and you can count on that.

deadpool pro - two choices. You can continue telling people of the amazing deal you got on the pro but I know you - you're playing that pro wishing you had the premium. I understand that. Take my advice and trade it in and get the premium. You're worth it.

I told you before you're wasting your money on the LE for wonka. That's not going to change. What's the exclusive? A big VUK. yawn.

Earthershaker 2k is an amazing deal for a great quality pin. Don't recall anything about me saying it's worth 3k.

best advice yet - don't take my opinion as what you should do. I know it might come off that way b/c it's grounded in such good common sense but ultimately your call. Have fun. Add in your opinion and I will do the same.

EDIT - I see you're trying to defend wonka as being more loaded and innovative than WoZ and DI?? Seriously?

Seriously?

haha - sorry but I'm too tired to explain in more detail. I can't even. Hold on.....

here we go:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-is-more-innovative-wonka-or-dialed-in?hl=delt31

Don't take my word for it....

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

What are you smoking? I think we can see you’re excited..

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Questions:

I think the audio from the movie feels about the same, as in I didn't really detect voiceovers during clips.

The sound effects seem a bit more mellow, overall the background music definitely is more in the background, voice and sound effects slightly louder.

I swear I didn't hear Grandpa Joe anymore. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

I'm genuinely fairly mixed, frankly. Two ramps feel smooth, but otherwise whatever modes exist, don't feel fairly obvious or dominant. I'm not a good player, at all, but I didn't feel much of a desire to play this past on site. It feels a bit less cohesive and fun to shoot than Dialed In, and Helicon also has TAF, which I prefer playing as well.

I don't necessarily feel the game screams "Wonka" or pulls me into Dahl's world or that movie via modes, clips, or audio.

Time will tell. As a current Pirates owner, I'm more interested in JJP's other titles, for home ownership.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I didn't really detect voiceovers during clips.

I didn't feel much of a desire to play this past on site.

I don't necessarily feel the game screams "Wonka" or pulls me into Dahl's world or that movie via modes, clips, or audio.

Exactly what we’ve all been afraid to hear.

#37 4 years ago

Me too friend. I went to the reveal, and created this thread, and rushed out to this great brewery to see it first hand, and spend some time with it sans overwhelming peripheral noise.

I think/hope it will be a great location game, and bring new demographics in, not used to modern pinball, but for me I'll look elsewhere, to the past or the future, and well....that's okay.

For me, WoZ was a blowout of lights, toys, and visuals like we hadn't seen in decades or ever. Hobbit wss masterful in asset usage. Dialed In brought every Lawlor disaster piece together playfully and brilliantly. Pirates accumulated so many things, code, sound, layout in mind blowing ways. This....just seems to be there. I enjoyed it more than at MGC, but I don't have a lingering desire or hunger to delve further into this game.

#38 4 years ago

I believe time will tell with code revisions and strategies developing. At a glance I like the game and I will surely give a true analysis of my thoughts on the game overall. The LE will be swapped in for the SE at Helicon in the very near future. I'll give this unit a run this weekend and check back in with y'all then.

Thank you everyone for all the continued support at Helicon. It's incredible to see everyone enjoying the place so much. It's getting more press than I'd ever imagined. Best!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I believe time will tell with code revisions and strategies developing. At a glance I like the game and I will surely give a true analysis of my thoughts on the game overall. The LE will be swapped in for the SE at Helicon in the very near future. I'll give this unit a run this weekend and check back in with y'all then.
Thank you everyone for all the continued support at Helicon. It's incredible to see everyone enjoying the place so much. It's getting more press than I'd ever imagined. Best!

Thank YOU Chris for helping to provide two great venues for folks in the area pinball and arcade fun. Helicon is awesome because of Chris and yourself, and Starport has such a great vibe as well!

Many thanks for getting these games out here to the public asap, really a great day today!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow helicon can't be beat. Seriously - 1st in the entire country.....again (POTC #1). Great job.
Looks like I can stop by tomorrow to finally get my hands on this game. I'm REALLY happy to hear that it seems like audio is a little better. Any update to that damn announcer? I really hope it was fixed. Will give my full impressions hopefully tomorrow.

we have 3 on location as of tuesday as well.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from JediPimp:

Questions:

Next Year?

Game is already here and shipping from the Factory, Order now for Delivery This Year Not Next Year

#42 4 years ago

from a guy that also has interest in defending the value of pirates... take it with a grain of salt.

Go out, play the game yourself and decide for yourself.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from a guy that also has interest in defending the value of pirates... take it with a grain of salt.
Go out, play the game yourself and decide for yourself.

Although I don't agree there is some conspiracy here I do agree that people should play it for themselves.

I hopefully should be playing it today and will give direct no filtered take it to the bank feedback like I always do.

I know it will shoot like a dream but will I be pleasantly surprised with the audio, code and integration or will it be just as expected and confirm the accuracy of my decision to not buy right now.

I'm actually hoping for the former and blows me away to the point I'm selling a machine to get it right now. We'll see tonight!

Helicon thanks for giving me the opp!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Has it caused the clear to start chipping yet? J/K

Have to say, that doesn’t look like a lighting optical illusion. It’s either bunched up Mylar or clear again.

Right lower star, right upper skinny and lower right star appear to have something happening around base of post.

#45 4 years ago
20190625_162136 (resized).jpg20190625_162136 (resized).jpg20190625_162350 (resized).jpg20190625_162350 (resized).jpg
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Although I don't agree there is some conspiracy here I do agree that people should play it for themselves.
I hopefully should be playing it today and will give direct no filtered take it to the bank feedback like I always do.
I know it will shoot like a dream but will I be pleasantly surprised with the audio, code and integration or will it be just as expected and confirm the accuracy of my decision to not buy right now.
I'm actually hoping for the former and blows me away to the point I'm selling a machine to get it right now. We'll see tonight!
Helicon thanks for giving me the opp!

We appreciate your patronage. Let me know what ya think.

#47 4 years ago

So who has one of these on location in Southern California? Certainly if there are a bunch in a podunct state like wisconsin then there must be a few in a state of 40 million.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Certainly if there are a bunch in a podunct state like wisconsin then there must be a few in a state of 40 million.

the word is "podunk" and you obviously have never been to WI.

For a guy that lives in CA, you should just be able to buy all the Wonkas to play at your own home. I guess have fun playing 2 diamond jacks while you contemplate the poor decisions you have made.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For a guy that lives in CA, you should just be able to buy all the Wonkas to play at your own home. I guess have fun playing 2 diamond jacks while you contemplate the poor decisions you have made.

Nice

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have one diamond jack. This site is not user friendly when adding /subtracting games from collection. Wisconsin is so podunk that it is podunct. Which is podunk to the extreme.

I could buy wonka, but I got burned buying woz when it first came out. Hopefully I will like Wonka, because JJP is 0 for 4 so far. I hope they figure it out. Hint: Start with fixing those sloppy JJP flippers.

So is there a SoCal Wonka? I suppose I have made a few bad decisions in life. But it could have been worse. I could be living in Wisconsin instead of living in the greatest place on earth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 32.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonkavision-is-live-and-on-the-air-the-jersey-jackpot-my-dear-sir?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.