Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

91NIsU+yEOL._SX466_ (resized).jpg
3058ABDE-59A2-424C-AA82-69C8B411DBAA (resized).png
6606E2E5-3797-460F-86E8-034D6C2EC2A5 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 5.52.29 PM (resized).png
fall.gif
goo fa you (resized).jpg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

My JJP interest level:
WOZ 0%
Hobbit 0%
Dialed In -100% (negative)
JJPPOTC 0%

Wonka & Chocolate +10,000%
Toy Story 100% (just for location)

Assuming the blatant rumors are true.

tldr I’m stoked for the Charlie’s golden ticket and the golden goose

#2 5 years ago

It's a shame you don't like the other JJP games. Each one is a masterpiece once you get to truly understand the game and dive into them in my eyes. I HATED WoZ, until I bought one for my wife, now I fully understand how remarkable it truly is. To each their own though. Excited to see what's next from JJP for sure!

#3 5 years ago

-100% and +10,000%....

Sir, you may be bi-polar.

#4 5 years ago

I'm similar, in that I'll never own a WOZ due to theme alone, or a Hobbit due to layout.

I tried Dialed In and bought one. I found it just boring as heck, especially at that price point. It left in 10 days, by far my shortest pin stint.

Played Pirates on location last weekend and enjoyed the layout, if nothing else. The character code is unnecessary. Left flipper was underpowered and couldn't make the right ramp, which is steep as hell. Plenty of wear already at the mystery hole on the right.

Wonka has potential but I've not been thrilled with anything JJP so far and it's not for a lack of trying.

#5 5 years ago

This thred is dum.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

This thred is dum.

Shame on me for sharing my pinball thoughts on public pinball forum

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Shame on me for sharing my pinball thoughts on public pinball forum

Well there is already a great thread to share your Wonka thoughts already, so...

#8 5 years ago

I think your problem with the existing JJP machines is that they are all too heavy for you to nudge efficiently.

You should try working out.

Maybe some squats?

#9 5 years ago

I hope Wonka is good I really want to have a JJP in my collection so I have passed on the others waiting to see if Wonka turns out good. If not I will probably look for a JJP pirates or WoZ still undecided as I like both games. Never was fan of hobbit and I won't own DI because of the theme.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I hope Wonka is good I really want to have a JJP in my collection so I have passed on the others waiting to see if Wonka turns out good. If not I will probably look for a JJP pirates or WoZ still undecided as I like both games. Never was fan of hobbit and I won't own DI because of the theme.

hobbit new code its like a different game!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

The most immersive pinball experience and killing Smaug gives you goosebumps every time. Didn't want to sell mine but the 45 minute games wore me out.

#12 5 years ago

As long as you got the 9k...or will the Standard be 9.5 this time?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I have been hearing that still haven't been able to play the new code I only have one friend that owns hobbit I will try to stop by his place soon to play it and see the new code.

#14 5 years ago

So you have absolutely zero interest in current JJP games but psyched about potential future ones? Makes sense.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:So you have absolutely zero interest in current JJP games but psyched about potential future ones? Makes sense.

Theme is huge for me.

-

Four downvotes for sharing my opinion and getting excited about a pin?

Pinside gonna pinside.

#16 5 years ago

You easily could have shared your opinion in the Wonka hype thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-willy-wonka-next-from-jersey-jack-

#17 5 years ago

Didn’t know there was one. I am sorry for those I offended by starting a discussion on a public forum. Lesson learned.

#18 5 years ago

Can't wait either. Should be a hit.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Give a little smack to a game and get some downvotes. It's not a big deal until you repeatedly cry aboot it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Theme is huge for me.
-
Pinside gonna pinside.

LOL - kind of a weird mix of you bashing current JJP games but excited about rumored ones. JJP fans won't stand for that.

Kind of curious - why is theme more important than anything else? I can think of a bunch of games with great themes but sub par execution. Vice versa, some of my favorite games have turned out to be games with themes I have little interest in. At the prices JJP games sell for now, they would have to make one incredible game with a great theme and mind blowing gameplay to get me to buy one. I thought Dialed In was great fun and the disaster theme pretty good but $9000+ good? Not really. I don't think any pin can be that good. Too many fun pins you can get for way, way less.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I thought Dialed In was great fun and the disaster theme pretty good but $9000+ good? ...

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I downvoted that post, nothing personal against you, I just disagree with you...nothing sinister or immature

#23 5 years ago
goo fa you (resized).jpggoo fa you (resized).jpg
#24 5 years ago

Don't own any JJP yet

didn't think I would, but actually ended up like the WOZ theme and the game is fun
Hobbit seems fun but I didn't have enough games on it to really judge
Really like Dialed in, not a fan of the theme at all but would consider a purchase
POC - theme is ok, not a huge fan of movies, have not had a change to play it yet but game looks like it may be their best machine yet

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I downvoted that post, nothing personal against you, I just disagree with you...nothing sinister or immature

I downvoted because he's acting like a bitch and complaining about downvotes. It's completely personal.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Don't own any JJP yet
didn't think I would, but actually ended up like the WOZ theme and the game is fun
Hobbit seems fun but didn't have enough games on it.
Really like Dialed in, not a fan of the theme at all but would consider a purchase
POC - there is ok, not a huge fan of movie, have not had a change to play it yet but game looks like it may be their best machine yet

hobbit has the best theme integration ever!

#27 5 years ago

I can honestly say that I'm not thrilled about Willy Wonka or Toy Story as themes. I'll reserve my judgments until I see the games. Theme is important for me, but most of the time when I get excited about a theme, the game usually lets me down. When I am less excited or neutral about a theme, the game delivers. Hobbit was the JJP theme I was most interested in at announcement and is also my least favorite JJP game. I hated WOZ as a theme, but actually like the game and was neutral on Pirates and have purchased one. It will be interesting for sure.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Pinside gonna pinside.

More like opinion's gonna opinion! But hey, What a great country we live in that we can all have are own opinion's!
As for Wonka, Not sure would have to see and play it.
As for WOZ it gets a 6 in my book. JJP changed the pin world with it!!!
Hobbit a 5, could have been more on the pf
DI a 7, mainly because it was not based on theme but dreamed up in Pat Lawlor's head.
POTC a 10, so much to this pin, design and code are amazing! It will be hard to top!!!
Now as for buying another pin, I would have to sell one to get one and honestly that's probably not going to happen. I am content with what I have for now!!!!

#29 5 years ago

100k % by Christmas

#30 5 years ago

i can only pray its not going to be Johnny Depp Wonka?

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Why you won't see any images of him or hear him so...
As much chance as the horror of maybe a female cast Ghostbusters. Luckily it didn't end up running the historical significance of part 2.

Quoted from BillySastard:

I downvoted because he's acting like a bitch and complaining about downvotes. It's completely personal.

Firm, but fair.

#32 5 years ago

I would love to own a JJP game...im just too poor! Even if i had the 8-9k...im not sure if i could justify it. I could get 2-3 GREAT games for that.

I wish i had the money and the space though. Hobbit and POTC are 2 of my favorite pins.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I see a downvote as disagreeing with your opinion. Too bad you can’t give their downvotes a downvote of your own to make you feel better

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

OMG CAN YOU IMAGINE JJP DOING JOHNNY DEPP PINS IN A ROW!?

fall.giffall.gif

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Down voting is just one annoying trend of social media.

Just causes so much aggro.

And then people get addicted to likes etc.

You are all being Zucked

#36 5 years ago

For me at $8k+ the game needs to be the compete package including theme. The themes of JJP are tough for me to swallow for that price, even if I kinda like the gameplay.

Now Sterns, if I am not into the theme, I can go buy and try out at almost half the cost and be safe if game play is not for me. I bought IMDN and MET and wasn't into those bands but they are truly great pins. I paid 5K each or less on those titles. Unfortunately I cant do that with JJP games. BUT Wonka, GNR and TS, if they were available, would be the top three JJP themes for me, so we will see what happens.

I have never owned a JJP but am also warming up on WOZ a lot lately and would like to own one in the future. WOZ just seems like a good place to start with, in the beginning at JJP's roots. WOZ is my fav of the JJP theme group so far also.

I also think sometimes getting that first game from a company may open yourself up to other titles from them even though theme might not be your cup of tea. I bought a CGC AFM and was really blown away. I would totally get a MB now also.

Let yourself be open to change in what you like currently in pinball. It is more fun and interesting. No need to pick sides and dig in.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Down voting is just one annoying trend of social media.
Just causes so much aggro.

1. Nothing is more social media driven then grown ups using words like "prolly," "jelly," & "aggro."
2. As you remember we were plenty aggressive before the thumbing system

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

hobbit has the best theme integration ever!

Yup the movie is boring and so is the pin.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Yup the movie is boring and so is the pin.

Thats some funny shit right there

#40 5 years ago

DI is awesome. Hobbit blows. With JJPPOTC, tried it a couple of times, but I think I’m too stupid to figure out what to do. As for WOZ, man oh man. The theme, the look, the toys all scream “great game”. Unfortunately, shooting it is boring as shit no matter how many tries I give it. It’s also slow as Hercules. Seems like you’re playing with a cue ball in there. Just no fun.

Hoping Wonka has the world under glass look of WOZ, but has more thrilling and engaging shots.

#41 5 years ago

Wouldn't this be the second greatest time differential from movie to pinball theme ever?

WoZ 1939 to 2013 is 74 years
Wonka 1971 to 2020 is 49 years.

I'll just wait for The Sound of Music pin from JJP...

#42 5 years ago

What about Munsters 1965 and Batman 1966?

Quoted from schudel5:

Wouldn't this be the second greatest time differential from movie to pinball theme ever?
WoZ 1939 to 2013 is 74 years
Wonka 1971 to 2020 is 49 years.
I'll just wait for The Sound of Music pin from JJP...

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What about Munsters 1965 and Batman 1966?

TV shows...but, ok I guess we can add those.

#44 5 years ago

This thread makes me wonder what is the most downvotes anyone has received on a single post?

What is the most you "long time pinsiders" have seen?

#45 5 years ago

Fu**ing A - the Willy Wonka of pinball ball is going to crush the game with this table.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

"long time pinsiders"

The ghostbusters debacle, and Baywatch were a couple good ones!

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This thread makes me wonder what is the most downvotes anyone has received on a single post?

Twochaniz - 263
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/yall-aint-gonna-believe-this

#48 5 years ago

The Wonka theme does nothing for me whatsoever.

That said, I’ve found almost no correlation between pin theme and pin enjoyment.

A great pin on a meh theme is still a great pin.
A meh pin on a great theme is still a meh pin.

So, I’ll wait and see how the game looks and more importantly how it plays.

Whatever Eric M makes next is an instabuy for me sight unseen.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

My JJP interest level:
WOZ 0%
Hobbit 0%
Dialed In -100% (negative)
JJPPOTC 0%

I like @retrocengo's enthusiasm for JJP games - this video actually features all of them:

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Kidding right?

I have 4,368 downvotes

A good chunk of those came from my kool aid drinking early Woz days and the “never JJPers” and the LCD deniers

One post? 400-500. Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
12,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods
Other
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 39.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
Plastics
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-will-be-my-first-home-jjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.