42%
  • Dialed In 182 votes
    58%

(313 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200514_122814 (resized).jpg
207973F8-45D1-4AD7-95AE-15865C64D525 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 4 years ago

I'm hoping some owners have gotten past the honeymoon phase now and can comment on DI vs. Wonka. I'm looking for something to complement my JJP POTC, JP2 Premium, and Getaway.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have officially written too much; if you read all of this, congrats!

Thanks so much for all your thoughts! I played both on location this weekend and I agree on several points. Wonka was honestly a bit annoying to me in terms of sound. DI was more approachable for my kid (and me) and the layout flowed better for us, and we both liked the gadgets a lot more - especially the theater. Something about Wonka felt a bit cheaper to me, which probably isn't fair but that's the impression I got.

Both seem like they would shine in a home environment. For us the moving target, pinball2000-esque theater, multiple magnets, and impressive animations made DI a winner. I'm ordering one this week.

#156 4 years ago

LE has coated armor, invisiglass, headphone jack with external volume, lighted ramps (and there are a lot of lights), a printed manual, and the nicer backdrop in the cabinet. Plus the numbered plaque. If you care about those things it's a fair price for the upgrade. And if you don't you won't be missing any gameplay features.

I just ordered an LE from JJP.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why anyone in the world would buy this NIB blows my mind when you have many HUO selling at 7-7.5. I'm a guy that buys NIB too but when the game has been on the market for years, not sure why not just go HUO and save. Not just 100s but 1000s.
They being said if you're buying NIB, LE so day.

Don't forget that you live on the east coast where most machines are readily available. There are no used ones in my area and once I pay for shipping the price difference for a used one is pretty small. Add in the potential lack of warranty coverage, additional wear, and increased risk that something will arrive broken or in poor condition...buying NIB is a small premium for a lot of advantages.

#160 4 years ago

I have purchased NIB, HUO, and routed. All have their advantages. In this case the bit of extra cash isn't a big deal. There's one used LE on the market listed at a reasonable 7600, but the owner won't ship (and I asked over PM).

Also, the warranty explicitly says it only covers the original purchaser. Would JJP make exceptions? Maybe, but again we're not talking about a huge amount of money. I'm happy to buy NIB and save some time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

12,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.50
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bbulkley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-vs-di?tu=bbulkley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.