42%
  • Dialed In 182 votes
    58%

(313 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200514_122814 (resized).jpg
207973F8-45D1-4AD7-95AE-15865C64D525 (resized).jpeg

There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Had DI here at home for three months. Just couldn't get into it. Lighting is beautiful and so are the decoration, the later is ofset by the two really uggly interacting figures in the game. I was also annoyed by the scoring imbalance, which further highlighted there is little more to do then the Chaos-missions. The sounds in game is terrible. The voices/chars on the Phone is mildly funny, but Could have been used much better.
Also to thoose saying it's packed with stuff. The stuff isn't really interacting during game play. It's more of mods/decoration.
Would love to try wonka, havent gotten a chance, but it looks much better.

We got Wonka then Dialed In then Woz. My family does not like Diled In. We love Wonka and WOZ is close 2nd

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Had DI here at home for three months. Just couldn't get into it. Lighting is beautiful and so are the decoration, the later is ofset by the two really uggly interacting figures in the game. I was also annoyed by the scoring imbalance, which further highlighted there is little more to do then the Chaos-missions. The sounds in game is terrible. The voices/chars on the Phone is mildly funny, but Could have been used much better.
Also to thoose saying it's packed with stuff. The stuff isn't really interacting during game play. It's more of mods/decoration.

The giant woman brings the gate up and down for certain modes,the electricity dude moves side to side to be hit and to block SDTM drops on certain modes.The phone is totally interactive and omg the Einstein Theatre is just badass!
I’ll stop now

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

... Also to thoose saying it's packed with stuff. The stuff isn't really interacting during game play. It's more of mods/decoration.

Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but my opinion is... Strongly Disagree!

1) Stuff: Quantum Theater. Interaction with ball: stops ball, throws ball, may let ball pass, all while overlaying video on top!
2) Stuff: Station 3. Interaction with ball: an actual physical ball lock! Store balls here for multiball
3) Stuff: QED Guy. Interaction with ball: moves back and forth across significant portion of mid playfield, a moving target. Charges phone.
4) Stuff: Wrench Lady. Interaction with ball: moves a diverted up and down causing bad to drop over the pops or continue on the orbit
5) Stuff: 3 below playfield magnets: Interaction with ball: Pull ball in all directions in some modes
6) Stuff: Trap Door. Interaction with ball: a physical trap door and opens a closes, causing ball to either continue on the orbit or go into the subway
7) Stuff: Laser Attach Lights: Interaction with (flippers): when you are hit, the flippers wig out and don't function as expected!

That's the list I came up with in, quite literally, 5 minutes ---- off the top of my head. Probably missed some!

... Altan

#204 3 years ago

Selfie camera not interactive with the ball but is a noteworthy toy also used in the lottery scratch off ticket mode.

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

... but is a noteworthy toy also used in the lottery scratch off ticket mode.

I wish it worked a little better in that mode... more interactive.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Selfie camera not interactive with the ball but is a noteworthy toy also used in the lottery scratch off ticket mode.

That one was atleast appriciated by the young Girls in the Family.
It puzzles me why not all producers have Daily high-score list and pictures taken.
Having that makes it more fun for the kids and a real hit, when you have guests.

#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Seriously, it’s got a whole heap of interactive stuff going on. I’m trying to think of other pins that have more.
You must be thinking about the drones, everything else does a job and interactive.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

That one was atleast appriciated by the young Girls in the Family.
It puzzles me why not all producers have Daily high-score list and pictures taken.
Having that makes it more fun for the kids and a real hit, when you have guests.

I just relocated and may not see the pinball guys for quite some time but they’re remembered on the high score photos.

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

getting closer to dropping wonka for a DI

What did you wind up getting?

#210 3 years ago

getting closer to dropping wonka for a DI

ouch....I've owned both LE's...Wonka by a country mile

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

ouch....I've owned both LE's...Wonka by a country mile

DI by 1000 miles.

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

DI by 1000 miles.

Not even close....have u owned both in a home environment so u can actually learn the rules and play the game? Dont get me wrong I liked DI, but its not nearly as fun as Wonka....to each their own

#213 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

What did you wind up getting?

LOL ... Jurassic Park

Had a Wonka on order and played it ... just didn't click with me so I cancelled.
Still like DI (love playing it on location) - just couldn't pull the trigger on one

leaning towards a GNR CE now

#214 3 years ago

LOL ... Jurassic Park
Had a Wonka on order and played it ... just didn't click with me so I cancelled.
Still like DI (love playing it on location) - just couldn't pull the trigger on one

why couldn’t you pull the trigger on DI

#215 3 years ago

LOL ... Jurassic Park

Good luck finding one now - it appears they have already sold out?

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

why couldn’t you pull the trigger on DI

Not sure I can quantify it.
Like playing the game on location ...

Quoted from ceterumnet:

Good luck finding one now - it appears they have already sold out?

Yeah... if I can't get a CE, I am fine waiting until I play one first to see if it's all it's hyped to be and that JJP has fixed quality issues.
Not the end of the world some are making it to be.

10 months later
#217 2 years ago

bumping this b/c I recently got both. Wonka is a totally new game now with 2.0. It's very good and no surprise, it's now becoming harder to find. Here is my surprise though. After owning Wonka and thinking back about my experience with Dialed In, I was going to say Wonka 2.0 is better. After owning Dialed In again, it's really such a special game. I have to say it's JJP's best, and quite frankly one of the best examples of that 90s magic. I get the theme rubs people the wrong way but I appreicate it as a diaster theme. There is just SO much in the game and I really didn't appreciate that until I got it again and compared it to what I was playing for the past few years.

I also thought the two played similar. I was dead wrong. Having both now, the two def feel and play differently. Wonka might be more complex with the shot layout but Dialed In somehow feels like an even more smooth shooter, and code that is deep but straight forward. Has that 90s charm too - cheesy but interesting. JJP doesn't make games loaded like this anymore either. Don't sleep on DI.

#218 2 years ago

DI has to be a bargain price now at one half to third the price of JJP Potc

#219 2 years ago

Owning a Wonka has made me want a DI now too.

1 year later
#220 1 year ago

Revisiting this thread as I now own both. This is a reallllly tough one. Dialed In is still my favorite but there is just something magical about Wonka. It is everything I hoped WoZ would be. These two are never leaving...If I had to give up one, I don't think I could decide.

#221 1 year ago

DI and Wonka are JJP’s top two..

#223 1 year ago

I agree with the recent posts. I owned a Wonka and have played Dialed In a lot. In my opinion, Dialed In is definitely the better pin. Maybe the most underrated pin out there right now, especially taking into account price.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

DI and Wonka are JJP’s top two..

Sorry, #1 belongs to Hobbit. Best theme integration, ever.

#225 1 year ago

They are both excellent games. I sold my Dialed In for a Wonka and have been happy with the decision. Despite the great gameplay the theme of Dialed In didn’t keep me interested long term, there was nothing meaningful about the the theme for me. My friends and family rarely played Dialed In because of the theme, I think it just left people confused.

Also, I never found the multi balls in Dialed In to be very interesting. The main multiball in Dialed In is often more frustrating and dull IMO due to it only starting as a two ball multiball (would have to go after an add a ball).

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

... Dialed In is often more frustrating and dull IMO due to it only starting as a two ball multiball (would have to go after an add a ball).

Need to cancel the start of 2 ball MB by holding the flippers, then lock another ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 91.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 32.99
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods
Plastics
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 86.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 226 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wonka-vs-di/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.