Topic poll

“Wonka vs. DI”

• Wonka 103 votes
    42%
  • Dialed In 143 votes
    58%

(246 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200514_122814 (resized).jpg
207973F8-45D1-4AD7-95AE-15865C64D525 (resized).jpeg

There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 5 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Thanks so much for all your thoughts! I played both on location this weekend and I agree on several points. Wonka was honestly a bit annoying to me in terms of sound. DI was more approachable for my kid (and me) and the layout flowed better for us, and we both liked the gadgets a lot more - especially the theater. Something about Wonka felt a bit cheaper to me, which probably isn't fair but that's the impression I got.
Both seem like they would shine in a home environment. For us the moving target, pinball2000-esque theater, multiple magnets, and impressive animations made DI a winner. I'm ordering one this week.

Good choice! Either is good. You will enjoy DI a bit more especially if you play casually with kids or guests. Both are great bangs for the buck compared to some other games for sale.

#152 5 months ago

If you're "thinking about" getting a NIB DI, you better pull that trigger pretty soon. Jersey Jen sent out an email saying that they have a "VERY limited" supply in stock and that they "have no immediate plans to manufacture more in the near future".

#153 5 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Jersey Jen sent out an email saying that they have a "VERY limited" supply in stock and that they "have no immediate plans to manufacture more in the near future".

To be clear it actually said they have very limited supply of DI LEs available.

#154 5 months ago

Is LE the way to go on this title ? If so, why?

#155 5 months ago
Quoted from Budman:

Is LE the way to go on this title ? If so, why?

Meh...it has the candy coated armor stuff & probably expensive glass if you're into that.
The biggest thing I can remember is it has bulbs on the left ramp that the standard doesn't, wasn't a big deal for me.

EDIT: "lighted laser etched city "

#156 5 months ago

LE has coated armor, invisiglass, headphone jack with external volume, lighted ramps (and there are a lot of lights), a printed manual, and the nicer backdrop in the cabinet. Plus the numbered plaque. If you care about those things it's a fair price for the upgrade. And if you don't you won't be missing any gameplay features.

I just ordered an LE from JJP.

#157 5 months ago

Why anyone in the world would buy this NIB blows my mind when you have many HUO selling at 7-7.5. I'm a guy that buys NIB too but when the game has been on the market for years, not sure why not just go HUO and save. Not just 100s but 1000s.

They being said if you're buying NIB, LE so day.

#158 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why anyone in the world would buy this NIB blows my mind when you have many HUO selling at 7-7.5. I'm a guy that buys NIB too but when the game has been on the market for years, not sure why not just go HUO and save. Not just 100s but 1000s.
They being said if you're buying NIB, LE so day.

Don't forget that you live on the east coast where most machines are readily available. There are no used ones in my area and once I pay for shipping the price difference for a used one is pretty small. Add in the potential lack of warranty coverage, additional wear, and increased risk that something will arrive broken or in poor condition...buying NIB is a small premium for a lot of advantages.

#159 5 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Don't forget that you live on the east coast where most machines are readily available. There are no used ones in my area and once I pay for shipping the price difference for a used one is pretty small. Add in the potential lack of warranty coverage, additional wear, and increased risk that something will arrive broken or in poor condition...buying NIB is a small premium for a lot of advantages.

Shipped to you would be 7800. NIB arrives damaged all the time. Warranty is there believe me, you'll be fine. There is no additional wear when it comes in true HUO. In fact HUO often times corrects the out of box issues from NIB so you'll save time.

I see you're new to these boards - that's the only reason I mention b/c when I first started, I thought the same. Saving thousands always feels good - just throwing it out there.

#160 5 months ago

I have purchased NIB, HUO, and routed. All have their advantages. In this case the bit of extra cash isn't a big deal. There's one used LE on the market listed at a reasonable 7600, but the owner won't ship (and I asked over PM).

Also, the warranty explicitly says it only covers the original purchaser. Would JJP make exceptions? Maybe, but again we're not talking about a huge amount of money. I'm happy to buy NIB and save some time.

#161 5 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

I have purchased NIB, HUO, and routed. All have their advantages. In this case the bit of extra cash isn't a big deal. There's one used LE on the market listed at a reasonable 7600, but the owner won't ship (and I asked over PM).
Also, the warranty explicitly says it only covers the original purchaser. Would JJP make exceptions? Maybe, but again we're not talking about a huge amount of money. I'm happy to buy NIB and save some time.

Which ever one of these you decide to buy,it’s worth it for either one!I have both and love both.

#162 5 months ago
Quoted from bbulkley:

Hey you do you! Enjoy it.DI is a great game

1 week later
#163 5 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is not a cell phone theme. It is a tool used to help progress through the game.

Isn't the goal to get sim cards, and what does dialed in as a term mean? Just asking seriously, haven't played it, couldn't get past the theme.

#164 5 months ago

You do get SIM cards but it is not a cell phone theme. It’s a disaster theme.

#165 5 months ago
Quoted from benbethel:

Isn't the goal to get sim cards, and what does dialed in as a term mean? Just asking seriously, haven't played it, couldn't get past the theme.

You own road show (a theme about construction work) and bride of pinbot (a theme about a female robot being constructed), but a disaster/cell phone theme is where you drew the line?

#166 5 months ago
Quoted from benbethel:

The term "Dialed In" can apply to a phone but is also just a generic term for doing something well (being in the zone). Its a perfect title for the game since "Dialed In" is a phrase often used when describing a player having a great game on any pinball machine. I can't help but to smile when I hear that term used outside of a pinball which is often. In my opinion it's a perfect title for a pin.

Dialed In the pinball machine is disaster game that involves a phone. None of the 11 main Diaster Modes or wizard modes are directly about cell phones but rather disasters. The cell phone toy itself is pretty damn cool and the SIM card feature is one of the most rewarding hooks in pinball.

3 months later
#167 55 days ago

I'm strongly considering buying a Wonka LE to go next to my Dialed In LE. While Wonka LE doesn't have as many mechs as Dialed In it still seems like one hell of a great game.

On another note I don't think there's a more loaded standard body game then Dialed In. What an incredible pin, pinball perfection in my opinion.

20200514_122814 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 167 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside